Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,665 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16099) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11657816 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16096) (16097) (16098) (16099) (16100) (16101) (16102) ... (16148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:39am On Apr 20
Mujtahida:

I thought you had quit

No still very much in d race…na my inner contacts to pull d plug Dey disappoint me @majoribanks 😀
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:46am On Apr 20
Mujtahida:

Johan Cruyff abi. I agree with you.

Yes, both him and Louis Van, and you will begin to wonder why Jose Mourinho does not play that same style too, being an Assistant to Louis in Barca then

Seems Jose saw through it, and decided not to follow suit
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:50am On Apr 20
Oasis007:

Best moments of Super Eagles were when we played jogo bonito. We were known for entertaining the spectators while still dominating the opponent.

Eagles of old days would outplay the opponent with scintillating skills. You would see fans joyfully shouting; eh! eh!! eh!!!, even while watching on TVs. Every Kid wanted to be Okocha, Maradona back then.

Football is deád.

Those days are the days of football, where the Fans had more than their fills,

It's also the days of eehhhh ehhhh, wooooo woooo, by Lagos fans 🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Zellas: 10:53am On Apr 20
After reading some comments here about Amunike even before he's officially announced as the coach, I can not but weep for the future of Nigeria.
Someone just put up a disputable story to tarnish the image of another, just to support his sentiment and to influence the gullibles.
This is a crab mentality that will always keep the system stagnated, but give the haters only the fulfillment of saying I SAID IT.
It doesn't matter how far you travel on a wrong route, you will never arrive to a right destination.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:59am On Apr 20
Mujtahida:

Thy chest? 😂😂😂This guy. You dey smoke gbana ooo.
grin Na only KJV fit work like this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:39am On Apr 20
Icon4s:

He saying it would be DIFFICULT doesn't mean there are no chances of other midfielders breaking in.
Mind you, this is Manu Garba talking about his U17 team and not just one novice U17 coach.

After being part of several U17 teams I want to believe he already knows the standards expected of every player in every position. He may also be speaking based on timing.

Let's just watch patiently to see the caliber of Players he will churn out of his factory this time.

Cc: Thesupernerd

True. He speaks based on timing hence this article from yesterday but I am afraid as well coz he may not find the quality needed in certain roles if he limits his sights to certain places only. The NFF is to be blamed for this. Just hoping Manu and the crew makes the most of this short period.

Golden Eaglets rule out open screening

Hundreds of aspiring hopefuls were left disappointed at the Golden Eaglets first training in Abuja after they were sent away without getting the chance to try out with the national U17s.

Officials told SCORENigeria that with the short time to prepare for the U17 AFCON qualifiers in Ghana, coach Manu Garba is fully focused on working only with the 51 players he invited.

It was further learnt that most of the invited players have already done the mandatory MRI age test and are therefore eligible to feature at the WAFU B U17 AFCON qualifiers in Ghana from May 15.

Coach Manu was assisted by the team co-ordinator for the two training sessions on the first day of training camp Thursday.

It is expected that the newly constituted backroom staff will also soon be in place.

Nigeria are the defending WAFU B U17 champions after they beat Burkina Faso in the championship game in Cape Coast, Ghana, two years ago.

Source: Score Nigeria

Note: This article is from yesterday and preceded the other article on Olumide joining the with the team and Manu likely to consider talents from the Youth Leagues outside the 51
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:52am On Apr 20
#Throwback to When a journalist asked Mourinho: "City controlled the ball for 90 minutes, and the possession rate was more than 80%."

Mourinho: "They can take the ball home with them. I took 3 points."

Classic José Mourinho!

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:04pm On Apr 20
mostob:
#Throwback to When a journalist asked Mourinho: "City controlled the ball for 90 minutes, and the possession rate was more than 80%."

Classic José Mourinho!

And the beautiful thing about this is that, Jose was an assistant when pep was cutting his teeth, he saw through it, And he sure knows how to play the game6the old way

Not this passing for housing the name of possession
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 12:04pm On Apr 20
Mujtahida:
I think Oliseh and Amokachi have debunked this insinuations about USA 94 and Rashidi's goal. Amokachi who was accused of beefing Rashidi said that he could never beef Rashidi because Rashidi was an icon he looked up to. The interview is on YouTube.
Hope you know Amokachi is a politician now. Am saying those allegations are right o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:06pm On Apr 20
mostob:

Classic José Mourinho!

And it's same thing Madrid did to them, they controlled ball for more than 90mins, Yet Madrid took the win and marching, while they went home to dream again,

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:08pm On Apr 20
AndSunGorilla:

Hope you know Amokachi is a politician now. Am saying those allegations are right o.

I don't think it is Sir, even if it's so, how did Emma fits into it, as the poster alleged
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:14pm On Apr 20
Icon4s:

He saying it would be DIFFICULT doesn't mean there are no chances of other midfielders breaking in.
Mind you, this is Manu Garba talking about his U17 team and not just one novice U17 coach.

After being part of several U17 teams I want to believe he already knows the standards expected of every player in every position. He may also be speaking based on timing.

Let's just watch patiently to see the caliber of Players he will churn out of his factory this time.

Cc: Thesupernerd

I still don't buy the idea that the midfielders will be hard to displace. He has not seen others and making such speculation shows bias. They belief in this scenario is to search for those that will even be better than those he has. Not making them semi untouchables.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:17pm On Apr 20
mostob:

Classic José Mourinho!

Yeah. Mourinho was more interested in three points, why we (City) were more interested in growing. Look at where Mourinho is today and look at what Guardiola went to achieve after some years. That is the answer. That is why we don't fret when we don't get results because we know along the way we will recoup success.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:19pm On Apr 20
do4luv14:

And the beautiful thing about this is that, Jose was an assistant when pep was cutting his teeth, he saw through it, And he sure knows how to play the game6the old way

Not this passing for housing the name of possession
😂 That is why Mourinho keeps climbing down the ladder.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:20pm On Apr 20
do4luv14:

And it's same thing Madrid did to them, they controlled ball for more than 90mins, Yet Madrid took the win and marching, while they went home to dream again,

Penalties O!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:22pm On Apr 20
TheSuperNerd:

True. He speaks based on timing hence this article from yesterday but I am afraid as well coz he may not find the quality needed in certain roles if he limits his sights to certain places only. The NFF is to be blamed for this. Just hoping Manu and the crew makes the most of this short period.

Hundreds of aspiring hopefuls were left disappointed at the Golden Eaglets first training in Abuja after they were sent away without getting the chance to try out with the national U17s.

Officials told SCORENigeria that with the short time to prepare for the U17 AFCON qualifiers in Ghana, coach Manu Garba is fully focused on working only with the 51 players he invited.

It was further learnt that most of the invited players have already done the mandatory MRI age test and are therefore eligible to feature at the WAFU B U17 AFCON qualifiers in Ghana from May 15.

Coach Manu was assisted by the team co-ordinator for the two training sessions on the first day of training camp Thursday.

It is expected that the newly constituted backroom staff will also soon be in place.

Nigeria are the defending WAFU B U17 champions after they beat Burkina Faso in the championship game in Cape Coast, Ghana, two years ago.

Note: This article is from yesterday and preceded the other article on Olumide joining the with the team and Manu likely to consider talents from the Youth Leagues outside the 51

Backyard deals. They had time to select, screen players. So shady and not our U17 formula. I am out. Wish them success. My heart is not here. How can you turn down players for trials. Crazy stuff.

More like Eminem. Slim Shady.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:23pm On Apr 20
TheSuperNerd:

I pray God gives the genuine stars who were ready to make an impact another blessed route to success.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:29pm On Apr 20
If it is not open screening, the U17 is off our winning formula from the start. Ojoro purges in a long run

Let me enjoy Tomas Parmo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4SD-SvWEuo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:30pm On Apr 20
The NFF should tell us who drew the list. This U17 was formed before the arrival of the coach. Crazy.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:45pm On Apr 20
TheGoodJoe:
The NFF should tell us who drew the list. This U17 was formed before the arrival of the coach. Crazy.
This is under 17 team and with academies all over then getting 51 players should not be a issue….the era of throwing camp open is gone.Manu Garba is expert regarding U17 so left for him to do the needful and there is no way NFF don’t contact the likes of Manus for inputs even when they are not in charge.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:49pm On Apr 20
Kog45:
This is under 17 team and with academies all over then getting 51 players should not be a issue….the era of throwing camp open is gone.Manu Garba is expert regarding U17 so left for him to do the needful and there is no way NFF don’t contact the likes of Manus for inputs even when they are not in charge.

The era is gone because of corrupt people running the system. It is now unfair and not balanced. The open screening can still be done and discover better players than those in academies. This is crap and I can smell it from miles away. Manu Garba did not assemble that team. Who did?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:50pm On Apr 20
Kog45:

Which kind input? The coach builds the team, not make inputs. Even U17 again. Na wa. They should go and coach if they know so much.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:01pm On Apr 20
Ndidi with a goal!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 1:04pm On Apr 20
TheGoodJoe:

Which kind input? The coach builds the team, not make inputs. Even U17 again. Na wa. They should go and coach if they know so much.

Everything in this country is connection. If hundreds of players gate crashed, at least give them a benefit of doubt. But NO. I believe those 51 players were recommended by top politicians. Let's watch and see. If Manu Garba fails in this WAFU tourney, he will bear the consequences alone. None of those politicians will even give him a shoulder to cry on.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:08pm On Apr 20
TheGoodJoe:

Penalties O!

The koko of the matter be say them win you finito
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:18pm On Apr 20
AndSunGorilla:

The only player Yekini had real language understanding with is Amokachi and it’s Hausa language.

Yekini speak Hausa better than Yoruba,cuz of it he was more closer to Amokachi,so Amokachie was not beefing Yekini then but I can say Siasia fall out with Yekini after Cote d’voire match cus Yekini took it personal.

Siasia lost his position to Amokachie due to that missed,not due to his overall performance.Keshi was like no it happened in football and why Siasia should be turned to villain.After this the team camp broke into groups and Westerhoff saw it and called a meeting that no Siasia I did it for football reasoning.

Tactically Okocha was sacrificed for Siasia during US94 but things went soar before Italy match,Siasia had training bust up with Oliseh which made Westerhof to axed him from starting line up,some players are not happy with that decision.

Nigeria missing 96 Afcon,saw another strong group of players emerging from Atlanta 96 and did all they could do to block US 94 players from forming new nucleus of eagles.Checking out 98 WC team,injuries and poor friendlies matches brought Rufai,Yekini,Eguavoen,Okafor and Iroha back.

If you check it out Amokachi stabbed Keshi at the back during Afcon 2013 and stabbed Siasia on under 23 job….Oliseh love criticizing Keshi and Siasia at any given moment.This is to tell you the beefing in eagles.

I just hope they all support Amunike this time around

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:20pm On Apr 20
solonnachi:

Everything in this country is connection. If hundreds of players gate crashed, at least give them a benefit of doubt. But NO. I believe those 51 players were recommended by top politicians. Let's watch and see. If Manu Garba fails in this WAFU tourney, he will bear the consequences alone. None of those politicians will even give him a shoulder to cry on.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:28pm On Apr 20
Abeg wetin do Iheanacho?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:45pm On Apr 20
TheGoodJoe:

The era is gone because of corrupt people running the system. It is now unfair and not balanced. The open screening can still be done and discover better players than those in academies. This is crap and I can smell it from miles away. Manu Garba did not assemble that team. Who did?
In the 80s,National Youth sports festival,YSFON and Manuwa Adebajo cup players formed U17 team.It was from 90s,precisely Japan 93 team that we started seeing players from Nigeria leagues.

My point if we have academies representing us at international tournaments,having various youth clubs across the country playing in youth league then what is the need for open camping again….Yes I repeat it,the invitation of under age players like under 17 are done by engaging various stake holders in under age football development,even Manu Garba cannot do it alone.

Taiwo Awoniyi got his opportunity after represented Nigeria under 15 in UK summer camp and was recommended by Seyi Olofinjana with video clip,watched by Manu in NFF secretariat.

Manu Garba is an old horse who knows what he wants and left for him to decide on the list.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:49pm On Apr 20
TheGoodJoe:

Yes inputs from local coaches who are running youth football across Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 1:49pm On Apr 20
TheGoodJoe:

Which kind of nonsense talk is this? Have you screened to know if they are better talents than them? I hate the mindset of no one is better without seeing others. Biko, who drew up the list?

As long as it’s youth football the best talents are not always taken

Create an open trial and 10% of those boys won’t make the final list you won bet
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:50pm On Apr 20
Kog45:
In the 80s,National Youth sports festival,YSFON and Manuwa Adebajo cup players formed U17 team.It was from 90s,precisely Japan 93 team that we started seeing players from Nigeria leagues.

My point if we have academies representing us at international tournaments,having various youth clubs across the country playing in youth league then what is the need for open camping again….Yes I repeat it,the invitation of under age players like under 17 are done by engaging various stake holders in under age football development,even Manu Garba cannot do it alone.

Taiwo Awoniyi got his opportunity after represented Nigeria under 15 in UK summer camp and was recommended by Seyi Olofinjana with video clip,watched by Manu in NFF secretariat.

Manu Garba is an old horse who knows what he wants and left for him to decide on the list.

If that is how they want to run it from now on, it is that business. But you see 2013 and 2015 set, the approach was open and thorough and we unearth gems. Anything out of that is outside the norm set and partial. If you like it this way, congrats. I like the 2013 and 2015 way.

By the way, no one said Manu Garba should do it alone but the project should be his brain child. This is not his project and this is not his team. Manu Garba is just a face to sell the team. Let them tell us those who drew the U17. If they are that good, they should coach and Manu Garba should go home.

Finito.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16096) (16097) (16098) (16099) (16100) (16101) (16102) ... (16148) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheGoodJoe(m), Nomyth, forgiveness, lbrichman2, Marjoribanks and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.