Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16096) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11651026 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16093) (16094) (16095) (16096) (16097) (16098) (16099) ... (16146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:02pm On Apr 19
TheGoodJoe:

More like you lied.

Yeah! I..........

Saw. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:03pm On Apr 19
Kog45:
How Baba

Baba, se e whine me ni? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:06pm On Apr 19
Marjoribanks:
I remembered when Yekini scored our first world cup goal.
He just walked off instead of celebrating with Yekini.
I was kind of shocked. Even Finidi walked off though he gave the assist.

However, I fault Yekini. His jubilation was selfish.
First World Cup goal for your country and you go hug net. Na net pass the ball to you?

Very selfish celebration

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:06pm On Apr 19
forgiveness:

Baba, se e whine me ni? grin
Baba I want to know
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:07pm On Apr 19
Kog45:
Baba I want to know

Okay. lipsrsealed grin phem! Mo soro. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:17pm On Apr 19
Kog45:
Very selfish celebration

I just rewatched that video now and I can see dissatisfaction from Amuneke, Finidi and some players as soon as he scored.

As soon as he scored and entered the post, Findi, Amuneke and one other player just walked away with little excitement.

Meaning, the thing pain dem die. I can't imagine someone scoring our first goal and you just walked away like that. Who does that?

There was already crack in the team and it was alleged that soon as Amuneke entered the team, he brought bad belle.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:20pm On Apr 19
Oga cease making baseless statements. Show us with irrefutable proof how Amunike single handedly destroyed the 1994 set.

forgiveness:
Be ready for sentimental selective selection. The guy destroyed the 1994 set. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 5:24pm On Apr 19
forgiveness:
Be ready for sentimental selective selection. The guy destroyed the 1994 set. grin

Had to quickly go look for the meaning of engunge

Well it is well with our football
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:27pm On Apr 19
Let us also warn everyone here not to expect the exact tiki taka/heavy possession plays replica of Pep Guardiola ooo. Amunike is a mix of that and aggressive collective attacking and collective defending approaches.

Amunike is far more direct transitions play coach.

His U-17, U20 and Tanzania stints showed as much. Even some of the games in Zambia when he was technical consultant with Zanaco and went on a very fine run of form, reveals this.

TheGoodJoe:

Keep in mind Amunike is fully in touch with the progress of our national team and also our local scene. Also, he has a strong grasp of modern tactics. He won't go around the country teaching local coaches his ideas of the game if he was not passionate about. Also, Amunike can think outside the box and will be ready to get his team kicking.

Finally, he is someone that has worked in some of the toughest situation of the country and will be prepared to mitigate gaps.

I honestly expect a good show from him. Most critics of Amunike is merely based on sentiments.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:32pm On Apr 19
Emmanuel Amunike in his playing days:

⚽️ Scored the 2 goals that won us our 2nd Afcon title in Tunisia 1994. Yekini was missing chances that day.

⚽️ Scored the winning goal that won us the Olympic Gold in Atlanta in 1996.

🥇Crowned CAF African Player of the Year 1994

Arguably the best left footed winger in world football back then.

This is a guy some wanna write off as shit during his playing days and a trouble maker. Smh.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:34pm On Apr 19
humility33:

Had to quickly go look for the meaning of engunge

Well it is well with our football

Kkkkkkk. Highest bidder. Me no call name oooo. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:35pm On Apr 19
TheSuperNerd:
Oga cease making baseless statements. Show us with irrefutable proof how Amunike single handedly destroyed the 1994 set.

Were you born then? grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:01pm On Apr 19
Drop the proof of your baseless talks or be silent.

You were not born in 1930 yet you know that is when the world cup began. So drop the silly birth talk and spill your proof.

I am guessing you have none as usual.

forgiveness:

Were you born then? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:05pm On Apr 19
TheSuperNerd:
Golden Eaglets Update

As the Manu Garba side gets into prep gear, the draws gave been made already for the WAFU B U17 Championship.

The Golden Eaglets of Nigeria have been drawn in Group B of the qualifying tournament taking place in Ghana.

Group B
Burkina Faso
Nigeria
Togo
Niger

#WAFUBU17

I hope to see some players from Light Eke set in the tourney. I'm still gutted that team didn't make it to the world cup. They had everything.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:06pm On Apr 19
But Elyte, why you no quick talk say na money you need. We for open GoFundMe for you here. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:08pm On Apr 19
I still remember that bad ass midfield we paraded at the Wafu B last time out. MRI knocked them all out ahead of the U17 Afcon and we suffered for it. Ugbade struggled to get us going in that midfield dept as only Linus looked like one who could hold his own.

Basil Mbata, Ozor Okeke, Ebube Okere, Raphael Oyebanjo. Damn it man! What a midfield that was.

mostob:
I hope to see some players from Light Eke set in the tourney. I'm still gutted that team didn't make it to the world cup. They had everything.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:12pm On Apr 19
mostob:
But Elyte, why you no quick talk say na money you need. We for open GoFundMe for you here. grin grin grin

As in... I am in shock at the revelation. Money knocked him out. DAMN! No interview needed for him unlike the other candidates. Just pay up was his way in.

Mehn... what a missed opportunity. But I am glad he missed it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:13pm On Apr 19
TheSuperNerd:
Drop the proof of your baseless talks or be silent.

You were not born in 1930 yet you know that is when the world cup began. So drop the silly birth talk and spill your proof.

I am guessing you have none as usual.

There is no smoke without fire. There was allegations of crack in the team before that world cup. It was all over .

How do I give you proof of what was trending then?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:15pm On Apr 19
Make una wait for man no man, padi padi ..... chaiiiiiiiiiiiii!grin

Nigeria go hear am.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:17pm On Apr 19
Legit Quotes or interviews in print or video from any sound source back then. You saw a video Jihday dropped of the 1996 Atlanta squad selection wahala under Jo Bonfrere concerning Duke Udi and why he didn't make the team.

Something like that.

forgiveness:

There is no smoke without fire. There was allegations of crack in the team before that world cup. It all over .

How do I give you proof of what was trending then?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:17pm On Apr 19
TheSuperNerd:
I still remember that bad ass midfield we paraded at the Wafu B last time out. MRI knocked them all out ahead of the U17 Afcon and we suffered for it. Ugbade struggled to get us going in that midfield dept as only Linus looked like one who could hold his own.

Basil Mbata, Ozor Okeke, Ebube Okere, Raphael Oyebanjo. Damn it man! What a midfield that was.

I think the team's problem was the lack of synergy in the midfield and the rigidity of the coach. I don't know why he was scared to make changes.

I remember that final, we were struggling to hold the midfield until it was late, and he he brought in Cletus (the guy with Rasta). Watching that guy play, I wondered why he was kept on bench till that moment.

Ugbade destroyed that team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:18pm On Apr 19
TheSuperNerd:

As in... I am in shock at the revelation. Money knocked him out. DAMN! No interview needed for him unlike the other candidates. Just pay up was his way in.

Mehn... what a missed opportunity. But I am glad he missed it.
grin grin

Having nightmare with the route one football already?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:20pm On Apr 19
Ugbade had Cletus and Olowoporoku in that team. The youngest midfielders but the most talented alongside Linus. But he kept playing this heavy looking #18. Very annoying.

And it was the quarter finals actually vs Burkina Faso. We crashed out and could not make the Semis and thus missed the WC.

mostob:
I think the team's problem was the lack of synergy in the midfield and the rigidity of the coach. I don't know why he was scared to make changes.

I remember that final, we were struggling to hold the midfield until it was late, and he he brought in Cletus (the guy with Rasta). Watching that guy play, I wondered why he was kept on bench till that moment.

Ugbade destroyed that team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:23pm On Apr 19
mostob:
grin grin

Having nightmare with the route one football already?

I have had 2 nightmares already. Elyte should not be allowed near any of our national teams abeg.

He needs to attend coaching courses and clinics with TheGoodjoe to "soak up" knowledge and drills on the beautiful game.

Route one haram philosophy go send us to the abyss of football's World abeg. Lol

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:27pm On Apr 19
TheSuperNerd:
Ugbade had Cletus and Olowoporoku in that team. The youngest midfielders but the most talented alongside Linus. But he kept playing this heavy looking #18. Very annoying.

And it was the quarter finals actually vs Burkina Faso. We crashed out and could make the Semis and thus missed the WC.

Oh yea... it was the quarter final truly.
I hope that olowoporoku and Cletus are still within the age bracket especially the former. If I remember correctly, he was very short but fast.(silva-esque)
I enjoyed that team. It is unfortunate they couldn't make it to that world cup.

And if not for corruption, most of these kids should have been the one filling up that All African Games squad. Ladan Bosso eh

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:28pm On Apr 19
TheSuperNerd:

I have had 2 nightmares already. Elyte should not be allowed near any of our national teams abeg.

He needs to attend coaching courses and clinics with TheGoodjoe to "soak up" knowledge and drills on the beautiful game.

Route one haram philosophy go send us to the abyss of football's World abeg. Lol
grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:36pm On Apr 19
Watching the most exciting Afcon futsal game of this year's edition in Morocco.

Angola sending Egypt to the cleaners in the Semis. Their tactics absolutely and hilariously ending Egypt. Lol

https://www.youtube.com/live/4gQ6aWcqCy4?si=LDPBqhhG0EekcGjT
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:37pm On Apr 19
Olowoporoku was only 14 then. He is still within the age bracket. Let us hope he is on that Manu Garba list of 51 talents invited to kick off the U17 camp this week.

mostob:
Oh yea... it was the quarter final truly.
I hope that olowoporoku and Cletus are still within the age bracket especially the former. If I remember correctly, he was very short but fast.(silva-esque)
I enjoyed that team. It is unfortunate they couldn't make it to that world cup.

And if not for corruption, most of these kids should have been the one filling up that All African Games squad. Ladan Bosso eh

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 6:38pm On Apr 19
Whom ever gets the Suoer Eagles job is okay. Our job as fans is not to murmur, but to fully support the team 100%.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:40pm On Apr 19
Truidstarr:
Whom ever gets the Suoer Eagles job is okay. Our job as fans is not to murmur, but to fully support the team 100%.

Yea just support me 😊

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:52pm On Apr 19
TheSuperNerd:
Olowoporoku was only 14 then. He is still within the age bracket. Let us hope he is on that Manu Garba list of 51 talents invited to kick off the U17 camp this week.

Hopefully....
And Manu Garba might give us another bunch of talents too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 6:53pm On Apr 19
TheSuperNerd:

Why is the Manu Garba's list of 51 invited players to the Golden Eagles camp shrouded in secrecy?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16093) (16094) (16095) (16096) (16097) (16098) (16099) ... (16146) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kog45(m), elyte89, AndSunGorilla, Philosopher1979, KpagoGIN(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.