Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,954 members, 7,828,357 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11745586 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16124) (16125) (16126) (16127) (16128) (16129) (16130) ... (16179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:40am On Apr 29
lbrichman2:

Man was immense yesterday
More voices coming in

How many matches do we have left before the season ends because I really want him to get up to 20goals this season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:43am On Apr 29
Kog45:
Guess who

E resemble Baba ibeji
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:44am On Apr 29
lbrichman2:

Yes o Egbon,
Oganla reports on X that NFF executive committee just met for the first time yesterday to discuss our Coach issue.. hmm

He also reports that they have selected a local coach and will make an official statement this week..

This our Coach situation na.. " the more you look, the less you see.."

It would take a miracle for us to qualify for the world cup

But come to think of it..even d d coach was appointed earlier dis month or now,d coach will have just 3 to 4days to train d invited players…Abi is dere any difference?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:48am On Apr 29
elyte89:

But come to think of it..even d d coach was appointed earlier dis month or now,d coach will have just 3 to 4days to train d invited players…Abi is dere any difference?

Yes there is, getting to know the players, ( that's if it's a new Coach to the team) possibly looking to plug6the midfield and getting the players to play to his Style and tactics,

that can't be achieved in 3 to 4 training sessions, especially as our players and Nff had the knack for doing things late
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 8:52am On Apr 29
ChrisKels:

How many matches do we have left before the season ends because I really want him to get up to 20goals this season.

4 i think

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:52am On Apr 29
do4luv14:

Yes there is, getting to know the players, ( that's if it's a new Coach to the team) possibly looking to plug6the midfield and getting the players to play to his Style and tactics,

that can't be achieved in 3 to 4 training sessions, especially as our players and Nff had the knack for doing things late
Meaning Finidi should continue….
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:52am On Apr 29
lbrichman2:

4 i think
Good that he took the penalty
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 8:55am On Apr 29
elyte89:

I understand your point Chief
It's generally better to do things early
So the new Coach can start early, but I kinda agree with you, maybe no much difference
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:57am On Apr 29
comodo:

Is it not Richard Owobokiri? The Boavista bomber. How he didn't cut it in SE should be a case study.
Yes Ricky Owubokiri

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 8:57am On Apr 29
Kog45:
Good that he took the penalty

Yes o
Let's hope he can deliver 4 more goals before season ends
I think he works too much in that team
Too much running which ends up affecting his conversion rate
A team that keeps possession would help him more.. Think Spalletti last season
If he stays, maybe Conte can fix that..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:03am On Apr 29
Kog45:
Meaning Finidi should continue….

Even of he continued, do the fans had patience to let him install his Style and tactics on the team,

isn't it just one friendly against Mali we want to crucified him?? Thing is naija fans had an immeasurable Appetite, it even took Jpes many friendlies to install his Style and tactics to give us that Afcon showings

So I cross my hands, thing is what will be will definitely be, no 2 ways about it

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:05am On Apr 29
lbrichman2:

Yes o Let's hope he can deliver 4 more goals before season ends I think he works too much in that team Too much running which ends up affecting his conversion rate A team that keeps possession would help him more.. Think Spalletti last season If he stays, maybe Conte can fix that..

Conte is a good Coach, but I had a mixed feeling about this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 9:08am On Apr 29
do4luv14:

Conte is a good Coach, but I had a mixed feeling about this

Yeah, me too
But I just don't see any club that's really serious about signing Victor for now..
But Conte is a serial winner, so mixed feelings
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:11am On Apr 29
Super Eagles Job:

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Executive Committee Members and the NFF Technical Committee met yesterday for the first time to discuss the vacant Super Eagles job.

According to my reliable source, the NFF Executives and Technical Committee reached a unanimous decision to appoint an indigenous coach. This is the first time the NFF Executives and Technical Committee are meeting to discuss the subject and they have made a decision on the Super Eagles coaching job.

The Media speculation has been from individuals in the NFF, but yesterday's meeting has provided clarity and a candidate was selected among those who applied for the job.

There is a twist to all the media speculation, the NFF is looking in a different direction and candidate.

The NFF will release an official statement this week.

©Adepoju Tobi Samuel
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 9:11am On Apr 29
lbrichman2:

Bros be calming down na abeg
grin grin grin
The good thing is, we have players now who atleast are fighters, regardless of who the coach turns out to be
We would still need a miracle to qualify, no doubt
My good brother. What is staring us in the face is sabotage. We can either agree or continue playing the ostrich as usual. History is about repeating itself. If NFF could afford a foreign coach, we for don get coach since. Sports ministry wants to have a say on who to be appointed since na dem go foot d bill. NFf no gree. That's the merry go round. Las las world cup will be sabotaged. Then at the end a foreign coach will be appointed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:12am On Apr 29
So its either Finidi or Amuneke that would be announced this week...

Or maybe Elyte89 and Amokachi grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 9:14am On Apr 29
comodo:

My good brother. What is staring us in the face is sabotage. We can either agree or continue playing the ostrich as usual. History is about repeating itself. If NFF could afford a foreign coach, we for don get coach since. Sports ministry wants to have a say on who to be appointed since na dem go foot d bill. NFf no gree. That's the merry go round. Las las world cup will be sabotaged. Then at the end a foreign coach will be appointed.

Hmmm...
Fingers crossed
Highest we miss the world cup
Everybody go rest
😅😅
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:19am On Apr 29
lbrichman2:

Yeah, me too
But I just don't see any club that's really serious about signing Victor for now..
But Conte is a serial winner, so mixed feelings

What he did to both Mikel and Vicmo is giving me mixed feelings, particularly as VO is a strong headed Guy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 9:19am On Apr 29
elyte89:

A new coach appointment on time is a plus. He will need time to study the players that will fit into his philosophy. Wait oh. Na coach elyte? Now I know why u love Kati Kati route 1 footie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 9:20am On Apr 29
do4luv14:

What he did to both Mikel and Vicmo is giving me mixed feelings, particularly as VO is a strong headed Guy

He improved Vicmo though
But I completely understand you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:22am On Apr 29
lbrichman2:

He improved Vicmo though But I completely understand you
yeah he did, And he can also add more to VO game

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 9:31am On Apr 29
ChrisKels:

Four more. He is currently 3rd on the top Scorers table, 14 goals from 22 matches.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 9:31am On Apr 29
Kog45:
Yes Ricky Owubokiri
Mafia things. The mafioso godfather didn't like him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 9:36am On Apr 29
opes:

Four more. He is currently 3rd on the top Scorers table, 14 goals from 22 matches.

Goal conversion 22% No that's very poor I must say. Meaning he throws away78% of his chances?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:39am On Apr 29
komekn:

When I don't join you in this FANATICAL over hype it's called hate. VO did all this and scored one penalty your whole epistle of praise simply doesn't add up.

I noticed Tega has just come back from an ACL injury after nearly a whole season out with injury. Comes on as a substitute and scores. That's not easy 😞 coming from such a series injury.

Sorry, but Ibrichman2 was pinpoint accurate in his analysis from what he derived from watching the clip. Your statement up there is just a rant because you have no point to back up your claim. Take Ibrichman2's statement and show me where he was wrong. Na wa.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 9:40am On Apr 29
comodo:

Goal conversion 22% No that's very poor I must say. Meaning he throws away78% of his chances?

Goals per 90, min per goal is still the second best. His shot accuracy also impressive.. He is facing Okoye Maduka next..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 10:06am On Apr 29
opes:

That Inter Milan team is something..
3 players in the Top 8 Scorers List means they are doing a lot of things right..
Kudos to the coach and players
Let's hope they turn up in the UCL next season..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 10:09am On Apr 29
comodo:

Yes it's poor because most of the time he's running too much
This definitely affects his strike and conversion rate
If the team can keep possession more and he doesn't have to run as much, his conversion rate will improve..

If you watch the clip Chriskels posted, all the balls he got, he had to do some running to get away from the defender, many times to a difficult angle..
So his shots were either parried by the keeper or went out of play..

A good Coach would work on that

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:09am On Apr 29
Kog45:
Yes Ricky Owubokiri

When you had a Rashidi Yekini, a Victor Ikpeba, including an Efan Ekoku that many clamored for, Ricky Owubokiri was a surplus requirement

cc: comodo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:20am On Apr 29
comodo:

Mafia things. The mafioso godfather didn't like him.

Not about Mafia.

Same reason a huge talent like Chris Ohenhen also couldn't make the team. The Super Eagles team was stars studded. An attack line with likes of Amuneke, Finidi, Amokachi, Yekini and Siasia. Also with younger subs like Adepoju and Ikpeba who were pushing for a starting place then. Owubokiri and Ohenhen didn't stand a chance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:21am On Apr 29
lbrichman2:

Yes o
Let's hope he can deliver 4 more goals before season ends
I think he works too much in that team
Too much running which ends up affecting his conversion rate
A team that keeps possession would help him more.. Think Spalletti last season
If he stays, maybe Conte can fix that..

Conte!!! Keep possession? grin

Kick and inshalla na em Conte sabi. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 10:26am On Apr 29
forgiveness:

Conte!!! Keep possession? grin

Kick and inshalla na em Conte sabi. grin

In that case, make he run oh!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (16124) (16125) (16126) (16127) (16128) (16129) (16130) ... (16179) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheSuperNerd(m), Kog45(m), Oasis007(m), TheGoodJoe(m), Tessyy1701 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.