Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,119 members, 7,867,243 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:44 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11966966 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16206) (16207) (16208) (16209) (16210) (16211) (16212) ... (16378) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:19am On May 24
Finidi no wan release list ni, abi he dun turn am to his personal property? undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:44am On May 24
mostob:
I thought you said dribbling is ineffective in today's football. Going by your logic, Doku has been ineffective this season because his main output which is dribbling is ineffective.

I did not say dribbling was ineffective but said dribbling is not as easy to carryout today as it was in the past.

Also, direct tactical but possessive play is more effective than hugging the ball. More effective,.not saying it is ineffective.

To buttress my point,

I will take Foden's wingplay approach over Doku. Does not mean Doku is not good or effective.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:46am On May 24
ChrisKels:
Finidi no wan release list ni, abi he dun turn am to his personal property? undecided

Anytime make he release d list ….wetin I knw b say we go beat SA ,na rohr go wan prove stubborn 😊

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:46am On May 24
Napoleon55:

Are u now in support of wasting time to dribble instead of passing?

I prefer a more effective approach. Not that dribbling can't be effective. However, a more possessive approach is more effective.

Finally, Doku plays more like a forward than a midfielder. Against compact setup, we use him to break them down.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 11:34am On May 24
🎙Na since Pre-Afcon una don dey try to wan remove Ekong but thanks for the cry of good Nigerians, he got called back to the squad and did the unthinkable..

Some of these 94 sets are stucked in the 90's ...Maybe someone needs to remind Finidi and his cohorts that football they played then, was not the same now and alot has changed within and off the pitch.

Tiago Silva is a senior player and legend, He led from behind at Chelsea, with young Reece James as Captain, and Gallagher stepped in most part of the season. [ remind me the left back was the assistant captain if he is fit ]

If Ekong is recovering and wont be available, Ndidi steps in as captain and starter....
Omerou is not a starter....
Argue sensibly 🤔

Na so una take lock the door on Balogun for speaking up...

✍️ David Doherty
Football Administrator

Why do you have to fix what is not broken?

Finidi is trying to create confusion in the team already. Why is he starting on a faulty note?

He should just carry on with the AFCON momentum and concentrate on how to build a versatile midfield that has always been the bane of the team. - ✍️ Rotimi Mustapha

Note this page doesn't promote violence, Comment respectfully.

#teamnigeriauk #SuperEagles #elong #Nigerians #football #soccer #AFCON #worldcup #sports #Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 11:35am On May 24
NFF for just close eye give that pep former assistant super eagles job

This Finidi nor be am at all
I just want the likes of Lookman and Oshimen to miss out on another world cup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:05pm On May 24
humility33:
🎙Na since Pre-Afcon una don dey try to wan remove Ekong but thanks for the cry of good Nigerians, he got called back to the squad and did the unthinkable..

Some of these 94 sets are stucked in the 90's ...Maybe someone needs to remind Finidi and his cohorts that football they played then, was not the same now and alot has changed within and off the pitch.

Tiago Silva is a senior player and legend, He led from behind at Chelsea, with young Reece James as Captain, and Gallagher stepped in most part of the season. [ remind me the left back was the assistant captain if he is fit ]

If Ekong is recovering and wont be available, Ndidi steps in as captain and starter....
Argue sensibly 🤔

✍️ David Doherty
Football Administrator

Finidi is trying to create confusion in the team already. Why is he starting on a faulty note?

He should just carry on with the AFCON momentum and concentrate on how to build a versatile midfield that has always been the bane of the team. - ✍️ Rotimi Mustapha

#teamnigeriauk #SuperEagles #elong #Nigerians #football #soccer #AFCON #worldcup #sports #Nigeria

So, wetin you understand from this your post now?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:07pm On May 24
TheGoodJoe:

I prefer a more effective approach. Not that dribbling can't be effective. However, a more possessive approach is more effective.

Finally, Doku plays more like a forward than a midfielder. Against compact setup, we use him to break them down.
u now accept dribbling as an effective technique because one of yours is in involve,another player in another era even far more effective like Ronaldinho, u would termed him Makossa dancer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:20pm On May 24
humility33:

Argue sensibly 🤔

✍️ David Doherty
Football Administrator

When u say "una" it means everyone else apart from yourself,
try using the appropriate words or pronoun like "some,most,almost,majority" etc.

if u advise others to argue sensibly, u should also take ur own advice.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:36pm On May 24
humility33:

This guy …I 4 like c u in person

U Dey always act like woman ,person wey neva start officially,u don write am off

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 1:18pm On May 24
elyte89:

Anytime make he release d list ….wetin I knw b say we go beat SA ,na rohr go wan prove stubborn
Rohr never bath. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 1:20pm On May 24
Napoleon55:

u now accept dribbling as an effective technique because one of yours is in involve,another player in another era even far more effective like Ronaldinho, u would termed him Makossa dancer.
Isn't that hypocrisy? I really expect better from Thegoodjoe.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:26pm On May 24
Honestly I think we all need to chill and give Finidi breathing space to do his job.

What has he done or not done well to be rushing to judgment 'he know be am at all?'

George is one of us who needs all the support to succeed not constant second guessing at this early stage of his reign.

Don't misunderstand me I'm not saying he shouldn't be criticized when he does something wrong but let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

humility33:

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 1:39pm On May 24
Na so Oliseh use grammar confuse us that time.

Provided majority of the players have confidence in Finidi and the technical crew get their acts right..we are good to go.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:42pm On May 24
Napoleon55:

TheGoodJoe:

Hilarious. The point is that the art of dribbling is not dead. I have dropped about four to five videos. You guys were just mute. If you want me to keep showing you that the art of dribbling is not dead, let me know.

Dribbling with purpose over dancing like a drunkard on the field.

Finito.

Welcome to the Thiago Alcantara show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCCpArUaXqI

This is a statement of mine on February 24.

It explains to you the Genesis of this debate. It was about the older generation being better. I said no that this generation can pull it off but due to intensity and compactness, it seems they can't.

If you watch Ademola Lookman against Leverkusen, is sharp trick and then effective action. That is, shot or pass.

To summarize, I was pointing out that the guys today are not appreciated due to the massive competition and growth in players.

cc: mostob
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 2:34pm On May 24
chrisooblog:
Honestly I think we all need to chill and give Finidi breathing space to do his job.

What has he done or not done well to be rushing to judgment 'he know be am at all?'

George is one of us who needs all the support to succeed not constant second guessing at this early stage of his reign.

Don't misunderstand me I'm not saying he shouldn't be criticized when he does something wrong but let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

The press conference he gave shows what he has to offer and his comment on the captainship in the super eagles

The problem of the super eagles is not even leadership but team strategy ànd tactics......that best suit our players.

I was one of those that supported his appointment instead of Amunike but with those words from him few days back it raises fear

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:46pm On May 24
humility33:

The press conference he gave shows what he has to offer and his comment on the captainship in the super eagles

The problem of the super eagles is not even leadership but team strategy ànd tactics......that best suit our players.

I was one of those that supported his appointment instead of Amunike but with those words from him few days back it raises fear

Wc fear

What did he say about d captaincy?

He said d players would decide demselve and appoint any candidate Dey re comfortable with,further saying he won’t decide for d players ,d way oliseh did.

No b say u kuku support indigenous coach b4 , so we understand ur unnecessary panic button u re pressing now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 3:37pm On May 24
elyte89:

This guy …I 4 like c u in person

U Dey always act like woman ,person wey neva start officially,u don write am off

Was he not the one that managed the Mali and Ghana match ??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:40pm On May 24
I watched the press interview he didn't say anything unduly controversial just indicating that the senior players as long as they are in the team will continue to form the leadership of the group which is normal with every team.

I think the media is just looking for unnecessary click bait where there's none.

humility33:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 3:51pm On May 24
Blueelf:

your prostitute mother should've done a better job with you

idiot illiterate who looks like his dead-beat dad
cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 4:06pm On May 24
Odunayaw:
cry

grin cheesy

E pain am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:19pm On May 24
Blueelf:

grin cheesy

E pain am
You have confirmed my diagnosis. Now go and get your diapers changed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:06pm On May 24
Prime Gareth Bale and prime Mohammed Salah who was better?

For me I will go with Bale
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 5:17pm On May 24
Napoleon55:

When u say "una" it means everyone else apart from yourself,
try using the appropriate words or pronoun like "some,most,almost,majority" etc.

if u advise others to argue sensibly, u should also take ur own advice.

Don't tell me u can't decode what Doherty wrote and and who he is talking to?
The NFF hierarchy off course

You should understand his write up when he mentioned Balogun

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:18pm On May 24
Just watched the Arise interview with Finidi and I think it was okay.

Definitely, not eloquent enough but I think his communication is okay.

Promising thing I took is that he has one thing in mind. Play Good Football. That is a big plus.

Also, it takes some close listening to get some things from him.

Finidi is egotistical but in a good way that is more.of confidence than pride.

He wants respect. Absolute respect. He has been there, done it and wants the best for every player.

He has a good understanding of the dynamism of the modern game and so we should expect improvement in our tactical approach.

We will play good football but get compact a lot of times.

He also wants a close personal relationship with the players. A kind of family approach.

I think he did okay.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 5:21pm On May 24
Joebie:
I know how to push ur buttons. His next stop is somewhere near you.

His mumu button
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:25pm On May 24
Laliga clubs Getafe and Valencia interested in Super eagles and Real Sociedad striker Sadiq Umar

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:27pm On May 24
TheGoodJoe:
Just watched the Arise interview with Finidi and I think it was okay.

Definitely, not eloquent enough but I think his communication is okay.

Promising thing I took is that he has one thing in mind. Play Good Football. That is a big plus.

Also, it takes some close listening to get some things from him.

Finidi is egotistical but in a good way that is more.of confidence than pride.

He wants respect. Absolute respect. He has been there, done it and wants the best for every player.

He has a good understanding of the dynamism of the modern game and so we should expect improvement in our tactical approach.

We will play good football but get compact a lot of times.

He also wants a close personal relationship with the players. A kind of family approach.

I think he did okay.
I also heard that he is open to talking to foreign born players especially the ones who hv interest in switching to us

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 5:33pm On May 24
humility33:

Argue sensibly 🤔

✍️ David Doherty
Football Administrator

There is no where the man said captain fantastic "Ekong" will be stripped of the captaincy band na...

Lets chill and allow this man to work.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 5:42pm On May 24
Who's your pick?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 5:50pm On May 24
andrewbaba44:

How many goal should onuachu have scored with just 404 minutes of premier league football with a struggling team who sacked the coach almost immediately he was purchased ?

That's how they use stats and bias to sway arguments in their favor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16206) (16207) (16208) (16209) (16210) (16211) (16212) ... (16378) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: maidaboi(m), Kingjite1, Goke7, Neobulletzz(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.