Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,899 members, 7,866,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:26 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11963569 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16203) (16204) (16205) (16206) (16207) (16208) (16209) ... (16374) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 3:20pm On May 23
Marjoribanks:
This your write up validate my point. You don't watch Milan!

I'm not a chukwueze fan but in the last 10 matches of the season he has improved.
He even had a match in which two goals were disallowed. He had an assist against inter milan but s5ats won't show it.
He floated a cross into the box 18 which lead to a headed pass the other person converted. His crossing did all the damage.
He is actually playing well l. Chukwueze on his day can look like some orld class freak.
For example in a 3 1 win over lecce, he created a 5 chances and had an assist. That was in April at the end of the season

More to come next season

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 3:30pm On May 23
Kompany to Bayern isn't entirely surprising.

Bayern have long had a philosophy that prioritizes the "system" over the head coach. For a club their size, the only recently started getting involved with Marquee coaches.

Good for Kompany's CV. Let's see how it goes.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:38pm On May 23
This is a man who watch Milan play! Headed pass by Leao!

In the Europa quarters against Roma, he dribbled 5 players only for Giroud to miss an open net.
Against Dortmund caused a penalty which Giroud missed, only to take on two players few minutes later and scored himself.

Sent Milan to Europa with his sumptuous goal against Newscastle!

Chukwueze has some Milan fans who dedicate a twitter space only to him in just one single season! Even Osimhen does not have that!

They use stats while we watch the game!
Philosopher1979:

I'm not a chukwueze fan but in the last 10 matches of the season he has improved.
He even had a match in which two goals were disallowed. He had an assist against inter milan but s5ats won't show it.
He floated a cross into the box 18 which lead to a headed pass the other person converted. His crossing did all the damage.
He is actually playing well l. Chukwueze on his day can look like some orld class freak.
For example in a 3 1 win over lecce, he created a 5 chances and had an assist. That was in April at the end of the season

More to come next season

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:51pm On May 23
The official is Kayode- a Yoruba from Benin! lol
BascoVanVeli:
Tah!! That was a penalty against us clear as day grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:51pm On May 23
Next destination for Jibola — the Championship

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Darell2002(f): 3:51pm On May 23
Marjoribanks:
You don't watch Milan!
Chukwueze didn't start well for Milan this season couple with the fact that he was benched alot
He only picked up during the end of the season

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:56pm On May 23
Those guys Dey play Chess.
charlesemeka85:
Folorunsho makes Italy’s preliminary squad, four players to be dropped frm the final list

Udogie left out

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:56pm On May 23
Marjoribanks:
Lookman might be going to Barca!
God forbid mk em no near there

Well dem no even fit afford am 🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:57pm On May 23
Joebie:
Next destination for Jibola — the Championship
any English championship club wan sign am?

If so na good move ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:58pm On May 23
You sef know say when I talk, no be play matter.

charlesemeka85:
any English championship club wan sign am?

If so na good move ooo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 4:01pm On May 23
I hope finidi will not continue with this useless sentiments policy over competence.

He literally kept Lookman, Dessers and Tella on the bench in two games!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:03pm On May 23
Joebie:
You sef know say when I talk, no be play matter.

jokes aside if it happens na superb move for him ooo

I pray it works out. Any of the top or mid table championship clubs won’t be bad to be honest. Miles better than languishing in lower clubs in the Portuguese top tier

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:04pm On May 23
Joezinho:
I hope finidi will not continue with this useless sentiments policy over competence.

Una too dey mk wetin no dey serious to seem serious

Mk una stop abeg 😡

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Darell2002(f): 4:06pm On May 23
charlesemeka85:
God forbid mk em no near there
Well dem no even fit afford am
They are actually interested tho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 4:10pm On May 23
Marjoribanks:
The Ghanaians celebrate mediocrity a lot! See rubbish stadium!

It is a university stadium. At least it is okay for university stadium

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 4:12pm On May 23
Kog45:
Lookman for where Ejuke dey⚽.....sometimes this our beautiful thread be one kind,comparing players.

Lookman proved me wrongly during Afcon and good to see him performing in Europa final,really surprised seeing Boniface on the bench.

Ejuke?

I'm not sure I follow.

Alonso messed up big time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 4:12pm On May 23
One to one marking ...

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 4:15pm On May 23
charlesemeka85:

I pray it works out. Any of the top or mid table championship clubs won’t be bad to be honest. Miles better than languishing in lower clubs in the Portuguese top tier

How about work permit or he would be exempted?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:19pm On May 23
Sure thing, he’s helped Huesca to the top flight before he can do it again.
charlesemeka85:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:19pm On May 23
Special talent
opes:

How about work permit or he would be exempted?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 4:21pm On May 23
charlesemeka85:
Una too dey mk wetin no dey serious to seem serious

Mk una stop abeg 😡

But you constantly slandering ajibola na unserious issue abi? Guy, rest. This is a cyber space. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Especially when it involves our beloved NT’s qualifying for the WC.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 4:31pm On May 23
Joezinho:

If u be coach, after seeing last night performance, will u bench Lookman if he is fit in an important match?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 4:45pm On May 23
If they have a better stadium, they won't take it to a University stadium.

Taking such an important tourney to such stadium is irresponsible!
soetanoreoluwa:

It is a university stadium. At least it is okay for university stadium

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:07pm On May 23
Philosopher1979:

More to come next season

Chukwueze is done and dusted the man is washed clearly cannot stay healthy to save his own career

Today injury tomorrow injury

I’m just glad we’ve moved past him as for chukwueze and acMilan na them know is time in super eagles are clearly numbered and if finidi knows what he’s doing chukwueze won’t make that team

This na same chukwueze i say vini can’t lace his boot we were crying back then why Madrid signed vini and not chuks

At his prime he was linked with everybody but injury no let am see front

Today he’s a glorified role player

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:07pm On May 23
Make i stroke goodjoe ego small

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:11pm On May 23
Marjoribanks:
This is a man who watch Milan play! Headed pass by Leao!

In the Europa quarters against Roma, he dribbled 5 players only for Giroud to miss an open net.
Against Dortmund caused a penalty which Giroud missed, only to take on two players few minutes later and scored himself.

Sent Milan to Europa with his sumptuous goal against Newscastle!

Chukwueze has some Milan fans who dedicate a twitter space only to him in just one single season! Even Osimhen does not have that!

They use stats while we watch the game!

We’re not talking about dribbles we’re talking about results

When the light shines brightest chukwueze can never be relied upon

Before you go on your rant

Tell me this you’re building a team who would you build around chuks, vini, leao

Knowing full well chuks constant iniury woes

Now don’t think as a fan think as an owner

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:13pm On May 23
codemaniacs:

Lookman is not shy...

Some people are reserved or introverts..

Lookman is probably an introvert who likes playing football and lives in a country with hundreds of football academies with a path to been a professional footballer and ended up been a professional footballer..

There were people in your childhood who could have been good footballers but lack of football academies with a path to becoming a professional footballer prevented them from taking football seriously..

Actually Lookman did not get into football ⚽ via the academy route. He was playing Sunday league football ( grassroots) and Charlton Athletic FC needed a local low level team to use for practice.

They then played a game with this local team and one player stood out . His name was Ademola, he then got signed to the academy at age 17.

Shockingly beyond all expectations he was in the first team barely 10 months later. When God opens your road nuttin can block it. Further shocks he had barely been at Charlton for 4 years bought for nothing and sold to Everton for £11 million, great profit for Charlton.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:15pm On May 23
Joezinho:

Bro calm down na just a year contract the man sign

If he drop lookman and whoever he wants and does badly clearly he won’t be signed permanently

If he drops lookman and osimenh and does well it’s none of our business because it’s results we’re after

So let’s see time will tell

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:15pm On May 23
soetanoreoluwa:
One to one marking ...

One to one marking without over committing very smart and deadly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 5:22pm On May 23
typicalgamer:

One to one marking without over committing very smart and deadly
high energy tactic. Good for knockout games and seems they used similar fashion for Liverpool.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:22pm On May 23
Joebie:
Sure thing, he’s helped Huesca to the top flight before he can do it again.

No he did not 🚫

Huesca on arrival from Porto B sent him out on loan with great haste.

They valued him so much he was the second to the lowest paid player in the club. He was so good they tried to seel him for €300k Euro 💶 but nobody wanted him.

In desperation they tried to terminate his contract illegally and you think he was pivotal to Huesca progression.

Huesca never got promoted to La Liga so how could he have helped them to get promoted 😳😳

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:23pm On May 23
charlesemeka85:
Folorunsho makes Italy’s preliminary squad, four players to be dropped frm the final list

Udogie left out

Udogie why 😔

(1) (2) (3) ... (16203) (16204) (16205) (16206) (16207) (16208) (16209) ... (16374) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bennie1980(m), iamdynamite(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.