Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,910 members, 7,863,124 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:56 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1995) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11944751 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1992) (1993) (1994) (1995) (1996) (1997) (1998) ... (16356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:13pm On Nov 02, 2017
safarigirl:
he should have said he was not interested in Nigeria, most people seem not to understand why people are pained.

It is not the loss, it is the hope before the loss. It's similar to what Arsenal does every year, they raise your hopes only to crash it just when you're getting comfortable.

It's a sly thing to do
See ehn it's painful cos we've lost one whether by hope or in actuality but I tell you that when you get to talk to him one on one you will change your opinion on alot of things. There's so much undercurrent to these kinds of things.

If we will be sincere we are second option to these guys. Many of them look at the wind to see the direction it's blowing before making up their minds. As long as they fancy their chances with England, they put us in second Base without actually coming out point blank to reject us(although some do reject us point-blank like lookman and Solanke if I remember correctly) but when they look, see say England no sure, they open up towards us. That's why it pains me when we ignore those who declare for us voluntarily and we don't so much as send even a word of appreciation to them, talk less of invitation. Dessers got no invitation for even training. It's that Deji that will drive me mad if we lose him and he turns out to be as good as Alaba.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:13pm On Nov 02, 2017
madam.. at job interviews, I tell the recruiter I'm considering other offers. There is nothing to lie about that. Unlike Naija. it is a win-win situation if I take their offer. That's the real world, and that's no sin in that. If we must go religious, there is a reason why God gave us the ability to make choices.

safarigirl:
look them, but make the whole world no know say you dey look them.

If the world wasn't so phucked up, many behaviors would not have been seen as normal.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:13pm On Nov 02, 2017
edi287:

The fact that there was a possibility makes it a loss. No one is crying over Messi not being nigerian.

There is zero possibility because Dele Alli had zero interest in us. Just like Messi, Zero possibility. We should keep unearthing our gems and stop killing ourselves for those who do not want us.

Gerrit?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:15pm On Nov 02, 2017
very correct!!

We are suppose to be hugging those who identify with us early. We have to accept out place until we make Nigerian football really attractive.
Mujtahida:

See ehn it's painful cos we've lost one whether by hope or in actuality but I tell you that when you get to talk to him one on one you will change your opinion on alot of things. There's so much undercurrent to these kinds of things.

If we will be sincere we are second option to these guys. Many of them look at the wind to see the direction it's blowing before making up their minds. As long as they fancy their chances with England, they put us in second Base without actually coming out point blank to reject us(although some do reject us point-blank like lookman and Solanke if I remember correctly) but when they look, see say England no sure, they open up towards us. That's why it pains me when we ignore those who declare for us voluntarily and we don't so much as send even a word of appreciation to them, talk less of invitation. Dessers got no invitation for even training. It's that Deji that will drive me mad if we lose him and he turns out to be as good as Alaba.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:15pm On Nov 02, 2017
Joebie:
madam.. at job interviews, I tell the recruiter I'm considering other offers. There is nothing to lie about that. Unlike Naija. it is a win-win situation if I take their offer. That's the real world, and that's no sin in that. If we must go religious, there is a reason why God gave us the ability to make choices.

ehn, the recruiter is 180 million people. Abi?

Did Tammy say he was considering other options? Even Dominic said that, Onuoha said that.

Tammy went about snapping pictures.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:16pm On Nov 02, 2017
safarigirl:
this your post no get direction.

E get, my first paragraph na total sarcasm, I dey diss team English born wey dey take English raised kids ahead of our local products.

D negative points there towards Iheanacho and Co are d kinda awkward things they say about the Nachos, and Osimhens of this world just to make the Onomahs, Tammy's look better. Read between the lines

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:16pm On Nov 02, 2017
Mujtahida:

I would never want to talk to someone like that.

Never
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:17pm On Nov 02, 2017
safarigirl:
Anthony Joshua never represented us, but Nigerians still support him despite that. He is a loss, but one we have been able to live with because he dealt with everything in the right way.

Tammy will never get that kind of love from Nigerians. He won't even get the type Dele has after driving a sword through the hearts of millions.

Anybody defending that shady behavior needs to analyse it with proper glasses
Yeah AJ doesn't represent us but in his own way he accepts us as part of his identity and projects that side of him.
Well AJ is a guy people just love, he's lovable. I don't think even if he doesn't reference his Nigerian identity it would stop Nigerians from loving him. People love to love him. It's a fad. I don't think Tammy has that kind of appeal regardless of his choice of nationality.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:18pm On Nov 02, 2017
ChrisKels:

E get, my first paragraph na total sarcasm, I dey diss team English born wey dey take English raised kids ahead of our local products.

D negative points there towards Iheanacho and Co are d kinda awkward things they say about the Nachos, and Osimhens of this world just to make the Onomahs, Tammy's look better. Read between the lines
I dey vex abeg, I no fit read between anything.

Thanks for the explanation. .

Team English born are yet to make any statements on this. Team Tammy for World Cup have still not said a thing. I await their briefings

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:19pm On Nov 02, 2017
u dey talk as if u no know how we dey do.. ur papa call u to come snap picture you go refuse?
Pinnick is like his uncle. He has to give him that due respect. But Tammy makes the final decision. His dad can only advise.
Forget 180 million Nigerians that cannot unite to push for good governance. na decision of a 19 year old dey pain them? make e pain them die.
safarigirl:
ehn, the recruiter is 180 million people. Abi?

Did Tammy say he was considering other options? Even Dominic said that, Onuoha said that.

Tammy went about snapping pictures.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:20pm On Nov 02, 2017
safarigirl:
I would never want to talk to someone like that.

Never
Hahahaha hahahaha. For why? So long as you want to judge him, reach conclusions on his matter then talk is necessary. We've all had that experience where you just see someone and form negative impressions and then one day maybe by accident you talk to the person and you are like hmmmmm, guy is quite cool, not what I thought'.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:21pm On Nov 02, 2017
If there is one thing I want Rohr to do, is to believe in his choices. He was spot on about Chidozie Awaziem being quality and it is time for Rohr to take brave steps in fielding those who he deeply feels are quality.

For the replacement of Ighalo, my pick is Osimhen. Yes, Osimhen. I know some will say Kayode is playing for Girona but my stance is always on quality.

In the game against South Africa, Osimhen showed more quality in lesser minutes than Kayode. Not because Kayode finds himself in an easier route, makes him the better choice.

Rohr should be true to himself and follow his heart. That is the best road to success.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:24pm On Nov 02, 2017
Mujtahida:

Hahahaha hahahaha. For why? So long as you want to judge him, reach conclusions on his matter then talk is necessary. We've all had that experience where you just see someone and form negative impressions and then one day maybe by accident you talk to the person and you are like hmmmmm, guy is quite cool, not what I thought'.
no, not me.

I don't like you, you don't get a second chance because that second chance will only expose more things I simply dislike about you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:24pm On Nov 02, 2017
safarigirl:
yes. Either Nigeria, or I would have chosen neither party

I have been in such a situation numerous times, and I will tell you now, I would rather choose neither party than choose one party at the detriment of the other.

I did something like that recently and till today, my relationship with some of the parties has waned because of my choice, but I don't feel bad for making that decision, I have a very strong conscience.

You will most likely doubt me, but I have more integrity than some of these diasporans obviously
This one is a situation where he must choose one. He must.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:24pm On Nov 02, 2017
ChrisKels:

U must be insane to have said that. how could u be so naive? Yes he was born and brought up in England but the truth remains he is Nigerian because he can even shoki more than u and our NFF neglected him over a little ass out there in the name of Osimhen who has practically done nothing to deserve an invite at least for acclimatization as our own product. Niggy u suck for saying that, BTW, who are our own products? Osimhen? Iheanacho? Ndidi? Lol u r funny I must tell u. Why should we not go begging and reaping from where we didn't so when those guys are part of what we can present as our best products? The less said about the recent invite of...the better. Why shouldn't we beg them, besides they have Nigerian names and I bet they rep Naija even more than U.

Some Nigerians be like Dat man wey dey always say Mr Emeka's daughters dey fine why my own dem dey resemble...

Bros If you want good-looking children, be good-looking urself, also strive to av 80% what it takes to attract a good looking wife.

Lol this ain't my thought just trynna sound like some people.

Dude what u said is the hard truth and some guys gotta deal with it.

Tell me how good u would feel if Alampasu won a starting place at Feirense and suddenly ditches Eagles for Togo after all the investments from the NFF, abi him no be Togolese enough as Onomah, Tammy, Alli dem be Nigerians?

I smh when I read "Nwakali shouldn't av bn invited when we have Onomah doing so well for Aston Villa" because the Norwegian league bla bla. To those guys yarning dust wey no be prejudice as una dey use una English boys as una reason, Chriskels says ntorrrr!!!

I caught your joke grin grin

I bet you Chris Brown can Shoki more than any average Street thug in Ajegunle. I guess that's the Nigerian blood in him. grin

Africans and over entitlement are like 5 and 6. Imagine trying to claim a kid whose adopted parents have invested so much in over the years.

I mean, it's like seeing a girl through school, shouldering all her responsibilities. Tuition, clothing, feeding with the promise of marriage, only to be ditched by the same girl 5mins to wedding just because her village boyfriend showed up.
It would have been rude of Tammy to ditch England just like that.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:26pm On Nov 02, 2017
tbaba1234:
It is a dilemma for kids born abroad. They have 2 identities.

As much as possible, i want to raise my kids with a stronger Nigerian identity. If any of them play sports, i would love them to play for Nigeria rather than America but the Nigerian system makes things difficult. Otigba refused an invitation from Hungary in favor of Nigeria, he was never invited even when he was in a decent league. We preferred Egwuekwe who was not as good...

Look at Gloria Alozie who ditched Nigeria after winning athletics medals. We just frustrate people who genuinely have the passion to serve Nigeria.

Let us not run players down because of preference. Egwueke was not bad as people made him out to be. He was a genuine talent and in the game against South Africa when we drew 2-2, Egwueke did something special.

We went on an all out attack, leaving Egwueke to do most of the defending. I think we took Omeruo off and left Egwueke in defence. With the full backs pushing forward.

Egwueke held that defence down, battling lots of counters solo. Otigba is respected but are we sure he was better than the lots of defenders we had? Home or abroad should not be the final decider but the quality of the player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:28pm On Nov 02, 2017
Joebie:
you call that a question of integrity?.. you have no idea what it has to be in that situation.
To turn down a country that has given u all the support to grow for another country that has done nothing for you is actually betrayal. Let's see if from the other perspective for once. It's actually a thing of integrity for them to turn down Nigeria. Saying it as it really is.

Exactly to declare for Nigeria is the betrayal oo. Don't you guys see this thing we do as some sneaky poaching stunts? That's why goldfish80 says let's develop our own cos it looks like we want to reap where we have not sown. But then I don't know the day we will develop our own ooo. That's like waiting for Godot.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:31pm On Nov 02, 2017
I got good news. real good news grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:31pm On Nov 02, 2017
tbaba1234:
Ovie Ejaria is Nigerian through and through... He constantly follows NFF activities online. He is one that should be capped soon before he becomes hot cake and we get into a battle with England..

We should not cap anyone for capping sake. If Ejaria wishes England and the Queen calls him up, we should not interfere with that. We have loads of Nigerians who want the chance to represent us to break our head for those watching the Queen's hips sway.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:32pm On Nov 02, 2017
Joebie:
I got good news. real good news grin

Pulease.

Jordan Ibe is just another Queen hips watcher whose heart got broken. We already got Onyekuru.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:33pm On Nov 02, 2017
we keep making calls that we should develop our own. na today? it's not actually an NFF problem. It's in fact a Nigerian problem. And of course NFF is ran by Nigerians.

Mujtahida:

Exactly to declare for Nigeria is the betrayal oo. Don't you guys see this thing we do as some sneaky poaching stunts? That's why goldfish80 says let's develop our own cos it looks like we want to reap where we have not sown. But then I don't know the day we will develop our own ooo. That's like waiting for Godot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:34pm On Nov 02, 2017
So you don't know Okeleji? lol

TheGoodJoe:

Pulease.

Jordan Ibe is just another Queen hips watcher whose heart got broken. We already got Onyekuru.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:37pm On Nov 02, 2017
Joebie:
lol how na?

play with people's emotion in his personal life decision? You think he wasn't considering Nigeria at all. If I get two job offers, I go look both of them well oh, before I choose. How many girls today consider ONLY one guy at a time? Such is life o.

Na the people when dey put all their emotion I go blame then?

I'm the one that suppose to be crying more than most of you. But i've always said that these are personal/professional decisions and we have to respect their decision last last.

Hahahaha hahahaha. That's what I noticed oo. Seems na them e dey pain pass us that had hopes of him playing. I thought they've cancelled him out of their minds. Turns out that even Jotey wanted him to play for us. On the other hand, I guess some are hurt not because he chose England over Nigeria, but because of 'the slap on our face.' But then was there really a slap on our face?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:37pm On Nov 02, 2017
goldfish80:

I caught your joke grin grin

I bet you Chris Brown can Shoki more than any average Street thug in Ajegunle. I guess that's the Nigerian blood in him. grin

Africans and over entitlement are like 5 and 6. Imagine trying to claim a kid whose adopted parents have invested so much over the years.

I mean, it's like seeing a girl through school, shouldering all her responsibilities such as tuition, clothing, feeding with the promise of marriage, only to be ditched by the same girl 5mins to wedding just because her village boyfriend showed up.
It would have been rude of Tammy to ditch England just like that.

U are truly an 042 brought up.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:40pm On Nov 02, 2017
To speak the truth e no pain me.. The only thing that pains me about Nigeria, is Nigerians -- very gullible people. They put priority and all their emotions on things they should care less about especially as the country has always been in a hot mess.

"slap on face"? Make the face red well well if they want to see it like that.

Mujtahida:

Hahahaha hahahaha. That's what I noticed oo. Seems na them e dey pain pass us that had hopes of him playing. I thought they've cancelled him out of their minds. Turns out that even Jotey wanted him to play for us. On the other hand, I guess some are hurt not because he chose England over Nigeria, but because of 'the slap on our face.' But then was there really a slap on our face?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:40pm On Nov 02, 2017
kingphilip:
i feel it accelerated it too

but i still feel he might not be as strong-willed as Iwobi who resisted the overtures or as daring as Aina who came to the Super Eagles camp in London for Rohr to have a look in

if he hadn't made that appearance i'm sure we would not have gone hook line and sinker for him

Firstly, was never ever in the reckoning for an England call up he had one game at U18 and 3 at U17 for England.

Iwobi who was a youth player played his first game for Nigeria before he had even played one games for the first team of Arsenal. The small matter of his Uncle JJay obviously made sure things happened for him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:41pm On Nov 02, 2017
ChrisKels:

U must be insane to have said that. how could u be so naive? Yes he was born and brought up in England but the truth remains he is Nigerian because he can even shoki more than u and our NFF neglected him over a little ass out there in the name of Osimhen who has practically done nothing to deserve an invite at least for acclimatization as our own product. Niggy u suck for saying that, BTW, who are our own products? Osimhen? Iheanacho? Ndidi? Lol u r funny I must tell u. Why should we not go begging and reaping from where we didn't so when those guys are part of what we can present as our best products? The less said about the recent invite of...the better. Why shouldn't we beg them, besides they have Nigerian names and I bet they rep Naija even more than U.

Some Nigerians be like Dat man wey dey always say Mr Emeka's daughters dey fine why my own dem dey resemble...

Bros If you want good-looking children, be good-looking urself, also strive to av 80% what it takes to attract a good looking wife.

Lol this ain't my thought just trynna sound like some people.

Dude what u said is the hard truth and some guys gotta deal with it.

Tell me how good u would feel if Alampasu won a starting place at Feirense and suddenly ditches Eagles for Togo after all the investments from the NFF, abi him no be Togolese enough as Onomah, Tammy, Alli dem be Nigerians?

I smh when I read "Nwakali shouldn't av bn invited when we have Onomah doing so well for Aston Villa" because the Norwegian league bla bla. To those guys yarning dust wey no be prejudice as una dey use una English boys as una reason, Chriskels says ntorrrr!!!

You have watched Onomah, you have not watched Nwakali. So your assessment is half baked. Finito.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:41pm On Nov 02, 2017
safarigirl:
this your post no get direction.

First paragraph na eba. You dey wait for soup. Second paragraph come be sand sand.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:42pm On Nov 02, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Using insane is too harsh and should not be repeated. Time will tell but my heart is still with Osimhen and I believe Osimhen is a better talent. Tammy Abraham would not start in Wolfsburg ahead of Mario Gomez.

Osimhen is ours. Tammy wants the Queen. Let him have the Queen. Finito.
He was being sarcastic. You have to read carefully to get his drift.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 8:44pm On Nov 02, 2017
tbaba1234:

Ndifreke..smh!!
bros, your beef with this guy no be here o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:45pm On Nov 02, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Using insane is too harsh and should not be repeated. Time will tell but my heart is still with Osimhen and I believe Osimhen is a better talent. Tammy Abraham would not start in Wolfsburg ahead of Mario Gomez.

Osimhen is ours. Tammy wants the Queen. Let him have the Queen. Finito.

During our waec and jamb days, we were always advised against reading a passage when jumpy or tensed. And never guess what the ending of a line in a NY sentence is until uv read it completely because often times our guesses were/are wrong.

If u had read it carefully, u wudda undstud I was on d same page with Da Goldfish
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:48pm On Nov 02, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Give him the Queen. We want those who wants us. Finito.
Understand this now: of those English boys, you'd be extremely naive to think anyone of them wants you first before the Queen. It's always Queen first and if her hands doesn't show or look like showing then you next. So it's iyama to accept a woman who puts you second depending on what first guy does.

But very soon we will start seeing British born Nigerians who will declare straight for us but then again they might not be quality. But for now it's Queen first, Buhari second. Gerrit?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1992) (1993) (1994) (1995) (1996) (1997) (1998) ... (16356) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Napoleon55(m), Meliforme, villagereporter(m), Pidginwhisper and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.