Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,881 members, 7,862,986 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:11 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1996) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11944280 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1993) (1994) (1995) (1996) (1997) (1998) (1999) ... (16355) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 8:50pm On Nov 02, 2017
Joebie:
I got good news. real good news grin

Oluwashina got this wrong sha .. angry angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:52pm On Nov 02, 2017
Mujtahida:

He was being sarcastic. You have to read carefully to get his drift.

U definitely will make a good lawyer. U don't let ur emotions override u and uv got an Avalanche of patience in u. U r a voracious reader too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:53pm On Nov 02, 2017
Mujtahida:

Understand this now: of those English boys, you'd be extremely naive to think anyone of them wants you first before the Queen. It's always Queen first and if her hands doesn't show or look like showing then you next. So it's iyama to accept a woman who puts you second depending on what first guy does.

But very soon we will start seeing British born Nigerians who will declare straight for us but then again they might not be quality. But for now it's Queen first, Buhari second. Gerrit?

I do not and will never want a chick who will keep me waiting for another man. Iyama.

The girl should get who she wants. Same goes to these folks. If it is the Queen they want, they can have her. There are those who want us with all their hearts.

Gerrit?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:53pm On Nov 02, 2017
Joebie:
u dey talk as if u no know how we dey do.. ur papa call u to come snap picture you go refuse?
Pinnick is like his uncle. He has to give him that due respect. But Tammy makes the final decision. His dad can only advise.
Forget 180 million Nigerians that cannot unite to push for good governance. na decision of a 19 year old dey pain them? make e pain them die.
I scatter laugh when I read this part.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:57pm On Nov 02, 2017
ChrisKels:

During our waec and jamb days, we were always advised against reading a passage when jumpy or tensed. And never guess what the ending of a line in a NY sentence is until uv read it completely because often times our guesses were/are wrong.

If u had read it carefully, u wudda undstud I was on d same page with Da Goldfish

My bad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:57pm On Nov 02, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I do not and will never want a chick who will keep me waiting for another man. Iyama.

The girl should get who she wants. Same goes to these folks. If it is the Queen they want, they can have her. There are those who want us with all their hearts.

Gerrit?
And that's what I am telling you. Nobody as in among the foreign British born players wants you first choice. Not even your Iwobi wanted you first choice but today he's in your team. Can you tell him iyama?
Unless you are talking generally including our indigenous players (and it doesn't make sense in this context) or foreign born players besides the British born ones
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 8:58pm On Nov 02, 2017
Mujtahida:

First paragraph na eba. I dey wait for soup. Second paragraph come be sand sand. I baffle.
you have to read it well to understand, he's only dissing someone on this thread.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:04pm On Nov 02, 2017
Joebie:

We don't need Jordon. We have too much options on the wings. I even hopped on this Tammy train because of the fact that there's a certain sharpness in our attack that I felt he'd provide. If it were that we are covered in that area, I don't think I'd have looked his side. Likewise that Deji. I am seeing him as one for the future cos left back since Babayaro has been problematic for us. Udeze, Taiye were good but didn't last long.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:04pm On Nov 02, 2017
Mujtahida:

And that's what I am telling you. Nobody as in among the foreign British born players wants you first choice. Not even your Iwobi wanted you first choice but today he's in your team. Can you tell him iyama?
Unless you are talking generally including our indigenous players (and it doesn't make sense in this context) or foreign born players besides the British born ones

Stop making false impressions. Iwobi clearly stated he has no regrets choosing Nigeria. Simple. He is where his heart is. Finito.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:05pm On Nov 02, 2017
jihday:
you have to read it well to understand, he's only dissing someone on this thread.
I saw through what he wrote. But what I wrote is how some will see it:a confusing hodgepodge.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:07pm On Nov 02, 2017
Joebie:
we keep making calls that we should develop our own. na today? it's not actually an NFF problem. It's in fact a Nigerian problem. And of course NFF is ran by Nigerians.

Nigeria never develop, them say make NFF develop football. See logic ba

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:11pm On Nov 02, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

You have watched Onomah, you have not watched Nwakali. So your assessment is half baked. Finito.

I disagree with you, he actually doesn't need to watch him. He is playing in a league ranked 30 in Europe in a team that's third from bottom smack bang in the relegation zone.

If he was that good he would not be in the Norwegian league playing for a bottom club.

Do you think it's only in Nigeria that we have scouts. All the scouting teams across Europe nobody saw him. But some how the Nigerian scouting team has four eyes with X-ray vision and found him worthy more than the hundreds if not thousands of Nigerian players playing in far better teams and leagues across the World.

I know players who have left those Nordic league to come and play non- league not national Vanarama I mean non - league. That's how lowly it is considered particularly if you are not playing for the top teams in those league.

In an earlier post you said you were celebrating this call up. What's there to celebrate, the enthronement of mediocrity The circumventing of acceptable quantifiable measurement of quality standards and ability for subjective personal preference.

Once you loose objective structure you open yourself to corrupt and sharp practices. You then murder equity and fair play in cold blood in broad daylight.

Whether he does well or not is entirely irrelevant.

It's like someone bypassing JAMB didn't even take the test then gets in without the pre- requisite qualifications ( has 2 O/levels). However, the individual studies hard and graduates with a first class degree.

Therefore the end justifies the means and that's OK. to you Sorry in my book that's corruption and cheating. Particularly as all those who had far greater merit were bypassed and therefore missed out on that university opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:12pm On Nov 02, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Stop making false impressions. Iwobi clearly stated he has no regrets choosing Nigeria. Simple. He is where his heart is. Finito.
Not regretting your choice doesn't mean it's your first choice. And no false impressions. It's an informed statement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:19pm On Nov 02, 2017
komekn:

I disagree with you, he actually doesn't need to watch him. He is playing in a league ranked 30 in Europe in a team that's third from bottom smack bang in the relegation zone.

If he was that good he would not be in the Norwegian league playing for a bottom club.

Do you think it's only in Nigeria that we have scouts. All the scouting teams across Europe nobody saw him. But some how the Nigerian scouting team has four eyes with X-ray vision and found him worthy more than the hundreds if not thousands of Nigerian players playing in far better teams and leagues across the World.

I know players who have left those Nordic league to come and play non- league not national Vanarama I mean non - league. That's how lowly it is considered particularly if you are not playing for the top teams in those league.

In an earlier post you said you were celebrating this call up. What's there to celebrate, the enthronement of mediocrity The circumventing of acceptable quantifiable measurement of quality standards and ability for subjective personal preference.

Once you loose objective structure you open yourself to corrupt and sharp practices. You then murder equity and fair play in cold blood in broad daylight.

It's like someone bypassing JAMB didn't even take the test then gets in without the pre- requisite qualifications ( has 2 O/levels). However, the individual studies hard and graduates with a first class degree.

Therefore the end justifies the means and that's OK. to you Sorry in my book that's corruption and cheating. Particularly as all those who had far greater merit were bypassed and therefore missed out on that university opportunity.

I thought a wise man on this thread already said that it is fohardy to judge the quality of a player based on the league he plies his trade.

Na una dey disturb us pass on this thread with yoir shoki dancers, yet, you will not allow the coach choose the people that can only dance ogene.

Abeg, let us bother about our players, leave them in their backwater leagues, we like them like that

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 9:21pm On Nov 02, 2017
Joebie:

if he's not joking that means the news is fake since he said this on the 29th of last month and Tammy is handed his first invite today
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:23pm On Nov 02, 2017
Mujtahida:

Not regretting your choice doesn't mean it's your first choice. And no false impressions. It's an informed statement.

No regrets means he has a one hundred percent stance in his system. He did not wish England came for him. You are just making that up.

No regrets means, he is not even wishing he played for them. Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:27pm On Nov 02, 2017
komekn:

No need to write long stories. We have seen a player like Mahrez come from outside the Rader (lowly-rated league) and take the EPL by storm. Same with Ngolo Kante. So making it a decision based on the league the player is playing shows how off you are from the true nature of football.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 9:28pm On Nov 02, 2017
komekn:

Firstly, was never ever in the reckoning for an England call up he had one game at U18 and 3 at U17 for England.

Iwobi who was a youth player played his first game for Nigeria before he had even played one games for the first team of Arsenal. The small matter of his Uncle JJay obviously made sure things happened for him.

I wish you would have added Aina too

Since he hasn't placed for Chelsea senior team when he was courted my Nigeria and he doesn't have an uncle who would have accelerated his entry

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:30pm On Nov 02, 2017
komekn:

Choi dey av landed. One more to complete the show.

Komekn u sure u read the epistle that brought about that response from Joe properly?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:31pm On Nov 02, 2017
komekn:

News flash. I have been calling for Chidiebere Nwakali to get an opportunity to prove himself since Siasia was coaching the Olympics team. You call it mediocrity. I call your understanding limited to just watching English football.

Being born in England and having a free pass to playing for clubs does not make them better. Chidiebere Nwakali is a symbol of hardwork and perseverance, which is the true recipe of success. Not being born into opportunities.

Gerrit?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:34pm On Nov 02, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

No regrets means he has a one hundred percent stance in his system. He did not wish England came for him. You are just making that up.

No regrets means, he is not even wishing he played for them. Finito.
Abeg oga I didn't make anything up. If it's my opinion I'd say so but what I have stated thus far is informed by an article I read.
He did not wish England came for him yet he would have 'loved' to play for England'. So now stop making things up. Here are excerpts from the article that informed my assertion which you have ignorantly tagged as me making things up:
'Yet Iwobi said himself in January that he would have “loved” to play for England and it would be intriguing to know why the FA did not try harder to make it happen before Friday’s cutoff point"
"Iwobi has apparently talked of feeling unwanted by England, though, in fairness to the FA, it did presumably play a part that the player’s uncle is Jay-Jay Okocha, football royalty in Nigeria."
Here's the link to the full article and pay attention to what Wenger said: https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/mar/26/arsenal-alex-iwobi-england-nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:34pm On Nov 02, 2017
haha abi oh.. we dey deceive ourselves.

Mujtahida:

Nigeria never develop, them say make NFF develop football. See logic ba
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:35pm On Nov 02, 2017
I don't knw y we keep arguing on gone issues

Still cin peeps arguing y chidi nwakali was invited.

If we argue till tmao,his name won't b removed from d list,so y wasting time on IRRELEVANT TALKS!

ABEG make we hear word jare on dis chidi issue. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:38pm On Nov 02, 2017
That's a fact. make we no deceive ourselves. Even Okocha said he convinced Iwobi. why Iwobi no tell he uncle since say he would so love to play for Nigeria like he did?
Anyways these boys are still more patriotic than our leaders and so many Nigerians for that matter who are claiming they love Nigeria so dearly. And you know what I mean.

Mujtahida:

Abeg oga I didn't make anything up. If it's my opinion I'd say so but what I have stated thus far is informed by an article I read.
'Yet Iwobi said himself in January that he would have “loved” to play for England and it would be intriguing to know why the FA did not try harder to make it happen before Friday’s cutoff point"
"Iwobi has apparently talked of feeling unwanted by England, though, in fairness to the FA, it did presumably play a part that the player’s uncle is Jay-Jay Okocha, football royalty in Nigeria."
Here's the link to the full article and pay attention to what Wenger said: https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/mar/26/arsenal-alex-iwobi-england-nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel27: 9:38pm On Nov 02, 2017
Here are a few lessons we can learn from Tammy's snub:
1. Catch them young:
NFF must learn to catch talented foreign borns before they start making big waves. Moses was playing in crystal palace when we got him, now think what would've happened if we waited two more years when he became a Chelsea star. Same applies in Iwobi's case. If we had gone for Abraham two seasons ago when he was just another young rookie, we would've been singing another song now. That is why I keep calling for the inclusion of young foreign borns like Deji Beyreuther. The truth is, if Deji joins Bayern Munich next season and Germany gets interested in him, no Jupiter or Pluto will convince him to look our way again. The sheer prospect of glory and assured success with the German team will be enough to tie him to the Europeans.

2. Don't beg them:
Let's face it ; Tammy has disgraced us. It pains me to think that a nation of our caliber that has millions of above average players scattered across the world will stoop to beg one disinterested foreign boy to play for us.
I seriously believe that if Pinnick had not began to
show interest in Tammy, the English FA wouldn't have looked his way. The young man rode on our backs into the three lions. I believe any player that needs to be "begged" to play for us doesn't deserve to don the green and white. Foreign born players should indicate interest in the national team, not the other way round.

Finally, we need to improve on our scouting. Like I have said Nigeria has numerous talents in different leagues all over the world who are more than willing to represent us many of which we don't even know. It's up to the technical crew to expand thier radar from the top European leagues to other leagues. Let them stop making it look like we don't have players.

BTW:
This is my first comment in this section. I've been viewing in ghost mode before sha.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:39pm On Nov 02, 2017
hahaha. the name go disappear magically na. Worse still for them, he may just win the next MOTM.
elyte89:

If we argue till tmao,his name won't b removed from d list,so y wasting time on IRRELEVANT TALKS!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:41pm On Nov 02, 2017
Mujtahida:

He would have loved to play for England does not mean he would have preferred playing for England over Nigeria. England is his home.

You are even posting why Iwobi picked Nigeria over England and trying to make it the opposite. He chose Nigeria because his heart is with us.

Gerrit?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:43pm On Nov 02, 2017
elyte89:

If we follow you this thread will be a lifeless, boring place. It's irrelevant and yet you read it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:44pm On Nov 02, 2017
So the boy should have just turned down England after Pinnick put us out there? And you call that disgrace? if disgrace is a word we want to apply here, I'd say Pinnick disgraced us.
It was okay for pinnick to show interest, but not announce it to the world when matter never even reach near advanced stage. The boy reacted well. Very diplomatic for his age. For Pinnick, it was a childish one. What an irony!

Welcome to the thread officially though!

Curtisaxel27:
Here are a few lessons we can learn from Tammy's snub:
1. Catch them young:
NFF must learn to catch talented foreign borns before they start making big waves. Moses was playing in crystal palace when we got him, now think what would've happened if we waited two more years when he became a Chelsea star. Same applies in Iwobi's case. If we had gone for Abraham two seasons ago when he was just another young rookie, we would've been singing another song now. That is why I keep calling for the inclusion of young foreign borns like Deji Beyreuther. The truth is, if Deji joins Bayern Munich next season and Germany gets interested in him, no Jupiter or Pluto will convince him to look our way again. The sheer prospect of glory and assured success with the German team will be enough to tie him to the Europeans.

2. Don't beg them:
Let's face it ; Tammy has disgraced us. It pains me to think that a nation of our caliber that has millions of above average players scattered across the world will stoop to beg one disinterested foreign boy to play for us.
I seriously believe that if Pinnick had not began to
show interest in Tammy, the English FA wouldn't have looked his way. The young man rode on our backs into the three lions. I believe any player that needs to be "begged" to play for us doesn't deserve to don the green and white. Foreign born players should indicate interest in the national team, not the other way round.

Finally, we need to improve on our scouting. Like I have said Nigeria has numerous talents in different leagues all over the world who are more than willing to represent us many of which we don't even know. It's up to the technical crew to expand thier radar from the top European leagues to other leagues. Let them stop making it look like we don't have players.

BTW:
This is my first comment in this section. I've been viewing in ghost mode before sha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:44pm On Nov 02, 2017
We need those that want to play for us. Those who dreamt as kids of winning titles flying our flag. Not devising tricks, schemes or begging anyone to play for us.

We need to hunt our own and play ours. That is why I will always support a home-grown U17 team. In that place, we get to develop our own.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:46pm On Nov 02, 2017
Mujtahida:

Understand this now: of those English boys, you'd be extremely naive to think anyone of them wants you first before the Queen. It's always Queen first and if her hands doesn't show or look like showing then you next. So it's iyama to accept a woman who puts you second depending on what first guy does.

But very soon we will start seeing British born Nigerians who will declare straight for us but then again they might not be quality. But for now it's Queen first, Buhari second. Gerrit?

DISAGREE COMPLETELY WITH YOUR WHOLSCALE ASSUMPTION.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:46pm On Nov 02, 2017
Pinnick thank you for showing us early where the heart of this Tammy Abraham lies. Now we can focus on our own than globetrotting and begging the Queen dreamers to play for us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1993) (1994) (1995) (1996) (1997) (1998) (1999) ... (16355) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amedino99(m), sureleads, mekabuachi, Hanibal(m), Mybettingtips(m), MetalJigsaw(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.