Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,654 members, 7,862,007 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:45 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11937284 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (16348) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:24pm On Oct 26, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Sir TheGoodJoe..... I seriously need to awaken from this coma... Come quickly and do what you must do oooo.... If you like, send that pretty lady u suggested like night.... This Oshaniwa over taiwo wan tie me here forever ooo... The coma too much abeg.... Pls, do something I pray thee....

I know you say it out of deep-sentimental preference but me no fit swallow am....

Abeg you and Yara Yara should help me recover... Haba!!! Two shockers in 24 hrs... First na Nacho be fox-in-the-box kinda striker then na this one... Una wan kill pesin?? *frowns*

Anyway shaa... Before I go into the "most critical stage" of the state of coma awaiting your "revival help", I just wanna say that there are certain Analysts here who I rate and respect a lot beyond all lines of agreements and disagreements.... smiley

Sir Joseph1013... He's a top analytical mind who loves to look at all sides. He doesn't drop much comments but when he does.... Hmmm... It's worth a read.

Sir Icon4s.... He's too experienced and "wise" for most of us. Sometimes, it's like he sees beyond what we see. Wetin else you expect from the chief guardian and elder of the halls of experience and history? smiley **still remembers that experience vs Youth precocity debate** chaiii...

Sir BascoVanVeli.... This Oga sef... He's another respected voice in the house. Sometimes love to play the devil's advocate... smiley all in all, his analysis is always worth a read too.

Sir Tbaba1234..... Drops comments in two or three lines... Sometimes... ONE LINE!!! Just legendary!!!!! It's amazing how someone gets to say so much and make so much sense in just one to four lines.... smiley

Sirs Terzurum5, Mickael2, Goldfish80, AIG07, Justiz5 and Madam Safarigirl must get really special mentions here..... I can't state all.... Pls this is no dig at anyone... This is actually about the moniker below who I wanna talk a little about.....

Finally....

Sir TheGoodJoe.... IS THERE A BETTER "DETAILED AND SUPER INFORMATIVE" ANALYST HERE IN THE HOUSE?? Hmmmm... It may be my own opinion but I DON'T THINK THERE IS. HE'S A BEAST ANALYST... THE BEST I'VE SEEN. Lawd!!!

Only thing be say he too like this Oshaniwa too much!!!! Even Forgiveness must be spoiling for a fight to attack that "oshaniwa better than taiwo" comment... grin

If you ask me, I go be the referee for that fight and truth is FORGIVENESS MUST WIN WITH A KNOCK-OUT... smiley

EVERYONE HERE HAVE PREFERENCES BUT LET'S NOT MAKE IT SO OBVIOUS..... TheGoodJoe have always been clamouring for this oshaniwa. Well, na him sabi that one. WHAT ABOUT HIS LOVE FOR MANCITY?? CHAIIII... LEGENDARY!!! He loves them to a super fault... Looollll

Anyway, that's by the way.... No one can deny his analytical prowess.... I PERSONALLY RATE HIM THE FINEST ANALYST IN OUR MIDST ON NL SPORTS. I am sure there are several who agree.... smiley

Meanwhile.... I am still not recovered from the coma Sir GoodJoe..... You and Yara Yara and madam Confun berra do something... This is code-red....

For where you wan take knock out TheGoodJoe?

Em go dodge am or e go run. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:26pm On Oct 26, 2016
U mean Anumudu of 2015 U-17 or Okon Samuel of 2013 U-17..... Which one? I'm thinking u refer to Anumudu wink

zicky:
yea, I believe in forward ever, no Taiwo, Enyema or Emenike for supereagles again, I rather call Taiwo to the team to oshaniwa. Oshaniwa wey no go see shirt for Ikorodu united... Abeg where that Ndidi guy that played LB for U-17, that guy is a combination of taiwo(powerful shot) and Babayaro(skillful)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:27pm On Oct 26, 2016
Run?? Noooo noo noo... TheGoodJoe is no coward... Haba!!!
forgiveness:

For where you wan take knock out TheGoodJoe?
Em go dodge am or e go run. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:05pm On Oct 26, 2016
tbaba1234:
http://app.socialcee.com/mobile.aspx?appid=2115890885303602&pageid=252286958145891

Vote Troost as defender of the year in Norway..
Who else has voted?

am having a challenge with that

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:10pm On Oct 26, 2016
terzurum5:

Who else has voted?

am having a challenge with that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:10pm On Oct 26, 2016
Rohr with Mikel and former Eagles player Emenalo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:12pm On Oct 26, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:17pm On Oct 26, 2016
tbaba1234:

Yowaaa Sanu

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:24pm On Oct 26, 2016
Did anyone watch Arsenal vs Reading last night? I was impressed with obita, the Reading left back.
He was the best player for Reading.
He has an interesting profile as he was educated as a left winger before being converted to a left back, which is the modern way of training full backs.
In my opinion, I belive Rohr who was at the Emirates stadium live should give it a thought having him integrated in his team.
I bothered to check up on his stats and they look pretty good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:35pm On Oct 26, 2016
goldfish80:
Did anyone watch Arsenal vs Reading last night? I was impressed with obita, the Reading left back.
He was the best player for Reading.
He has an interesting profile as he was educated as a left winger before being converted to a left back, which is the modern way of training full backs.
In my opinion, I belive Rohr who was at the Emirates stadium live should give it a thought having him integrated in his team.
I bothered to check up on his stats and they look pretty good.

Obita is not a Nigerian..

It was AllNigeriansooccer that started that news that he was Nigerian.. He has Ugandan heritage..

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 6:06pm On Oct 26, 2016
Tbaba, these your images dey sweet my belle. I love the devotion of Rohr. He reflects that German organization. Wetin we do wey we take jam this kain good luck for no price?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 6:20pm On Oct 26, 2016
joseph1013:
Tbaba, these your images dey sweet my belle. I love the devotion of Rohr. He reflects that German organization. Wetin we do wey we take jam this kain good luck for no price?

I'm really impressed also! He knows what to do as a National Team T.A, and he's doing it diligently and professionally!

We are damned lucky to have him! The only good thing that comes from this present NFF Setup so far..... is him!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:31pm On Oct 26, 2016
Oasis007:

I'm really impressed also! He knows what to do as a National Team T.A, and he's doing it diligently and professionally!

We are damned lucky to have him! The only good thing that comes from this present NFF Setup so far..... is him!

Amen to that and also Alex Iwobi.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:59pm On Oct 26, 2016
tbaba1234:

Obita is not a Nigerian..

It was AllNigeriansooccer that started that news that he was Nigerian.. He has Ugandan heritage..
Thanks for clearing that up. Have alway thought he was Nigerian
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 7:01pm On Oct 26, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
U mean Anumudu of 2015 U-17 or Okon Samuel of 2013 U-17..... Which one? I'm thinking u refer to Anumudu wink

Anumudu, thank you. I misplace the name with Ndidi Anumudu, one time Heartland and Enyimba player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 7:14pm On Oct 26, 2016
Kelechi starts for Man City against United. Aguero on the bench.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:44pm On Oct 26, 2016
No bench appearance for Mikel for EFL cup.. This Conte guy mean Mikel o!... Just for going to the Olympics.. Only an injury crisis will bring mikel back into reckoning
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:01pm On Oct 26, 2016
chrisooblog:
i'm not surprised you would come up with this kind of silly comparisons. you want to compare taiwo to kaka and ronaldinho really? a football novice to ballon d'or winners? i tire for you.

ronaldinho was a resounding success in psg and barca. his time at ac milan though not stellar was above average. kaka was almost a walking deity when he was at ac milan. his time at real madrid though blighted by injuries was above average. unlike egbon taiwo who barely played 2 games for ac milan. even milan legend maldini questioned his signing.

elderson as poor as he is we won AFCON using him. how many did egbon taiwo win with nigeria after 3 attempts?

anyway i don't expect what i wrote to change your mind since he's a favourite of yours so let's just agree to disagree because i know you are the king of unnecessary arguments which i don't have time for today.

How can Taiwo a football novice win CAF young player of year? A defender for that matter. grin

How can Taiwo a 'football novice' win Ligue 1 team of the season tiree tiree (3x)? shocked

How can Taye Taiwo a football novice win CAF team of the year tireee tiree (3x)? shocked grin

Once one of the best left back in the world, thou callest a 'football novice'?

Oga, flop na flop. And as Ronaldinho and Kaka take shine for Barcelona and Ac Milan, na so Taiwo take shine for Marseille. The same way Ronaldinho and Kaka take flop for Milan and Real Madrid na so Taiwo take flop for Ac Milan.

EOD

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 8:05pm On Oct 26, 2016
Icon4s:

Why make comparisons of players of the early 90s only? As at then the local league still had great quality.

Who be Oshaniwa near Taye Taiwo?
Nigerians forget too easily.

Just like i recently overheard some1 say Odion Ighalo was better than Yakubu Ayegbeni.
who said odion ighalo is better than the yak?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 8:16pm On Oct 26, 2016
I think it is time for mikel to end his romance with chelsea
i will have love him to go to manchester united but since mourinho is there no way
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:23pm On Oct 26, 2016
I think it's time we face reality and say it as it is. Mikel was never in the plans of Conte from day 1.
His lack of playing time was not because he represented Nigeria at the Olympics.
Let posters desist from using the Olympics as an excuse why mikel lost his Chelsea place because it was not.

Had Willian represented Brazil at the Olympics, would he have been frozen out of the Chelsea team without making even a single substitute appearance in almost 10 games?

Had Conte not told him of his plans early this season, then that's bad man management by conte but if he explained to him early enough but Mikel chose to stay put, then the blame is definitely on Mikel for choosing to stay.
However, from Mikel's body language and judging from what he says in interviews lately, I have a strong feeling Conte layed all the cards on the table for him, that's why he choose to represent Nigeria in Brazil. In my opinion
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:23pm On Oct 26, 2016
goldfish80:
I think it's time we face reality and say it as it is. Mikel was never in the plans of Conte from day 1.
His lack of playing time was not because he represented Nigeria at the Olympics.
Let posters desist from using the Olympics as an excuse why mikel lost his Chelsea place because it was not.

Had Willian represented Brazil at the Olympics, would he have been frozen out of the Chelsea team without making even a single substitute appearance in almost 10 games?

Had Conte not told him of his plans early this season, then that's bad man management by conte but if he explained to him early enough but Mikel chose to stay put, then the blame is definitely on Mikel for choosing to stay.
However, from Mikel's body language and judging from what he says in interviews lately, I have a strong feeling Conte layed all the cards on the table for him, that's why he choose to represent Nigeria in Brazil. In my opinion

I disagree, Mikel started pre-season strongly for Conte, his going to the Olympics derailed what might have been. He lost the chance to convince the new coach of his abilities.

This is not the first time that representing one's country has cost African players their place. A more likely scenario is that the coach told him that if he went to the olympics, he will have to fight for his shirt back. That is the position, Conte has put him in.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:44pm On Oct 26, 2016
19-year-old Olufela Olomola comes on for his Southampton debut after Jay Rodriguez is forced off with a head injury.

Another kid to keep an eye on..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:47pm On Oct 26, 2016
Mikel:

“I hope I will get some playing time against West Ham, but it is down to the manager. He has been open and honest with me. I respect him for that. He has explained the situation and I totally understand. When you have been at a club for a long time, these things happen where a club wants to move forward. I just have to be professional, work as hard as I can to try and get into the team. I work twice as hard every day and it’s because I appreciate this club.

“I have been here a long time, have a lot of trophies and memories that will never go away. If I don’t get back in the side, I will respect it. I always respect the football club’s decision. The club is more important than me.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:14pm On Oct 26, 2016
goldfish80:

It is clearly the Olympics. Leave all that talk. Who plays Chalobah ahead of Mikel? That kid was atrocious today.

All Mikel had to do was fake an injury. Mikel was the bigger man. If Mikel was not in Conte's plan, he would not play Mikel in the Preseason while preparing for the EPL.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:16pm On Oct 26, 2016
tbaba1234:

I disagree, Mikel started pre-season strongly for Conte, his going to the Olympics derailed what might have been. He lost the chance to convince the new coach of his abilities.

This is not the first time that representing one's country has cost African players their place. A more likely scenario is that the coach told him that if he went to the olympics, he will have to fight for his shirt back. That is the position, Conte has put him in.

I agree with you but this is not a case of fight for your shirt. Conte lied Mikel was injured when he was not. The man is a liar and it is clear he wants players ready to lie they are injured to play for him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:18pm On Oct 26, 2016
tbaba1234:
Mikel:

“I hope I will get some playing time against West Ham, but it is down to the manager. He has been open and honest with me. I respect him for that. He has explained the situation and I totally understand. When you have been at a club for a long time, these things happen where a club wants to move forward. I just have to be professional, work as hard as I can to try and get into the team. I work twice as hard every day and it’s because I appreciate this club.

“I have been here a long time, have a lot of trophies and memories that will never go away. If I don’t get back in the side, I will respect it. I always respect the football club’s decision. The club is more important than me.”

Respect Mikel. The hard work will certainly pay but please, I hope it is not with Chelsea.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:21pm On Oct 26, 2016
My eyes are already on the lad... Keeps mentioning his name on this thread. smiley

tbaba1234:
19-year-old Olufela Olomola comes on for his Southampton debut after Jay Rodriguez is forced off with a head injury.

Another kids to keep an eye on..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:22pm On Oct 26, 2016
Exactly! Just as he did with Victor Moses prior to the Zambia game.

TheGoodJoe:

I agree with you but this is not a case of fight for your shirt. Conte lied Mikel was injured when he was not. The man is a liar and it is clear he wants players ready to lie they are injured to play for him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:44pm On Oct 26, 2016
Meh I am so angry at the ref, the yellow card he gave Iheanacho was an insult to football and that goal was a foul against man u.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:49pm On Oct 26, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

It is clearly the Olympics. Leave all that talk. Who plays Chalobah ahead of Mikel? That kid was atrocious today.

All Mikel had to do was fake an injury. Mikel was the bigger man. If Mikel was not in Conte's plan, he would not play Mikel in the Preseason while preparing for the EPL.

That's a little unfair to the kid, Chalobah has performed well in his cameo's, his pass to Moses comes to mind. The season is long and anything can happen, Mikel always comes out of this situations with the odds stacked against him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (16348) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Nomyth, Lawag3, Diavolo and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.