Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,417 members, 7,839,807 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11806608 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (16214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:20pm On Oct 27, 2016
Rohr looks like a father here

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 3:21pm On Oct 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

"If you want to win a team needs this type of player - Kante, [Nemanja] Matic and [John Obi] Mikel - that work hard for the team."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10503999/ngolo-kante-signing-hailed-by-chelsea-boss-antonio-conte

You can clearly see Mikel was in his plans. Does this look like a coach who planned a new direction without Mikel? After the Olympics, the same player can not make the bench even once.

The three players Conte mentioned are all DMs. Basically, he ass pointing out he needs good DMs to win games and in the context he said that if out into consideration was when Kante was signed.

I wonder why you think fabregas have been away from the first team. I sure didn't see him at the Olympics
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 3:23pm On Oct 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You are the one choosing not to see. Conte himself listed three players Chelsea needs to win. If Mikel was a player he planned not to play once, he would not list Mikel.

That is the fact. After the Olympics, Mikel is no more in his plans. Yet you want to convince us that Mikel was never in his plans.

The facts are clear.
Mikel is quoted saying, Conte has been honest with him.
What is your interpretation of that statement?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 3:27pm On Oct 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You are the one choosing not to see. Conte himself listed three players Chelsea needs to win. If Mikel was a player he planned not to play once, he would not list Mikel.

That is the fact. After the Olympics, Mikel is no more in his plans. Yet you want to convince us that Mikel was never in his plans.

The facts are clear.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 3:38pm On Oct 27, 2016
goldfish80:

Conte has not been honest with Mikel.

Period....

If Conte hard been sincere with Mikel, he wouldn't not have lied that Mikel had injury prior to the game against Zambia.

The fact is Mikel just doesn't want to paint the Coach black any more.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 3:42pm On Oct 27, 2016
tbaba1234:
welldone Sir. Tbaba1234.

Can't believe my eyes...
So success don outgrow Ighalo(wetin dis guys de chop).

Definitely, we've gotten t right in our age grade team. Thanks to Coach G. Manu n thanks to MRI.

Pictures putting doubters to shame since 2013.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:48pm On Oct 27, 2016
goldfish80:

Mikel is no more in his plans. That is not what we are saying. We are saying why did Mikel go from a player who Chelsea needed to win to a Player Conte is honest about not in his plans?

Simple, the Olympics.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:50pm On Oct 27, 2016
goldfish80:

The three players Conte mentioned are all DMs. Basically, he ass pointing out he needs good DMs to win games and in the context he said that if out into consideration was when Kante was signed.

I wonder why you think fabregas have been away from the first team. I sure didn't see him at the Olympics

We are not talking Fabregas. You keep talking Fabregas. I showed you a link. Conte clearly stated he needed Mikel to win games. Now he does not want Mikel near his team. It is so simple.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:56pm On Oct 27, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Mikel has said that Conte has been honest with him, even if Chalobah played a great match i still won't rate him over Mikel but Mikel has been told he can go so that means it would be better to use a young player instead of a guy on the way out. Lets just pray Mikel finds the right club but till then anything can happen in football.
Please take it easy on Conte at least for Moses sake.

Mikel's heart is on earning big do(money) outside Chelsea. It is the reason he has not signed a new contract.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:03pm On Oct 27, 2016
Not official yet... Just strong speculations... smiley

But it will be awesome to have Ebuehi in now. smiley
EXCLUSIVE: Dutch Nigerian Ebuehi And John
Ogu Headline New Names In Super Eagles
List For Algeria Clash

As exclusively reported by Owngoalnigeria.com on the 20th of October 2016, Dutch born Nigerian right full back has been called up to the Super Eagles alongside Israeli based midfielder John Ogu.

Manager Gernot Rohr has confirmed the inclusion of new players for the tie against Algeria in the list which will be released later today by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

The non inclusion of Ogu in the previous list
released by the coach has lead to uproar due to
his fine form for Israeli side Hapoel Be’er Sheva,
with Rohr defending his non inclusion but it
appears he has had a rethink.

20 year old Ebuehi plays for ADO Den Haag in the Netherlands, where he has made four
appearances in the Dutch top flight league with a goal to his name.

Born in the Netherlands to Nigerian parents, his
switch won’t pose most of a problem to Nigeria as he is yet to be capped by the Netherlands.

Well informed Super Eagles insider @Muyiwalawal, who has in the past released news on potential call ups to the Nigerian team
confirmed to Owngoalnigeria.com in a chat, that
John Ogu and Tyrone Ebuehi are guarantee to
make the team.

” Some late changes have been done to the list
by the Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr.
Tyrone Ebuehi and John Ogu are certain to be
included in it” He told Owngoalnigeria.com.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/10/27/exclusive-dutch-nigerian-ebuehi-and-john-ogu-headline-new-names-in-super-eagles-list-for-algeria-clash/

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:07pm On Oct 27, 2016
EXCLUSIVE: Conte Tells Mikel- “You Are Not
In My Plans, You Are Free To Leave In
January”

According to reports exclusively gathered by
Owngoalnigeria.com, Chelsea current second
longest serving player John Mikel Obi has been
told by manager Antonio Conte that he is free to
leave the club in January.

Mikel is still waiting for his first competitive
appearance for Chelsea under Conte, but it
appears he will stay frozen out of the team as he
doesn’t feature in the plans of the coach.

Coach of the Nigerian team Gernot Rohr met with Technical Director Mike Emenalo yesterday, who revealed to Rohr that Mikel is not in the plans of the Italian manager.

”Talks were held between Mikel and the
manager. As for now he has been told he can
leave in January, mind you his contract is set to
expire in the summer” a source close to the
midfielder told Owngoalnigeria.com.

”There’s every possibility for him to leave Chelsea either on loan or permanently in January. But the summer looks more likely. Every story must have an end. After 11 seasons, Mikel wants to move on and so too Chelsea”.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/10/27/exclusive-conte-tells-mikel-you-are-not-in-my-plans-you-are-free-to-leave-in-january/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:13pm On Oct 27, 2016
men if you said they were brothers i wouldn't doubt strong resemblance

tbaba1234:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:16pm On Oct 27, 2016
ChrisKels:

Lol sir Forgiveness nwoke ike (strong man). Hahaha u ain't got no chill at all. Person say him nobi 9ja man, and u dey here dey prove him wrong? I hail u brother!!

Hehehehe! cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:18pm On Oct 27, 2016
Never heard of him..... sad

Yara Yara (Aka Johnson) and I have never picked this lad up on our very extensive and super eagle-eyed global radar for Nigerian players... **we need more systems upgrades** wink (hey Johnson, contact EC-council and Oracle... And also sterenko systems... It's time for the craziest radar upgrade ever...)

NFF Fail To Convince Ex-Arsenal Striker To
Commit Future To Nigeria; Called Up To
England Contingency Squad

Nigerian striker Fejiri Okenabirhie has been called up to the England C contingency squad ahead of their International Champions trophy match with the Estonian Under 23 national team on November 15.

The 20-year-old will be drafted into the main
squad in the event of any withdrawals.

Born in Hendon, England, Okenabirhie spent his
formative years as a footballer with the youth
teams of Arsenal and Stevenage.

The Dagenham & Redbridge frontman spent time on loan at Bedford Town, Farnborough,

Cambridge City and Royston Town while on the
books of Stevenage before he was released in the summer of 2015.

Last year, Nigeria Football Federation supremo
Amaju Pinnick reportedly held talks with
Okenabirhie over committing his international
future to Nigeria rather than England.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=20876
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:31pm On Oct 27, 2016
forgiveness:

Hehehehe! cheesy

Hahaha so u dey laf abi?? Next time surf ur Internet for more information. Dats by d way, how are u and ur household, I hope Jehovah bu Eze?

Ur boy (Ebuehi) seem to have been called up. Rohr must have been reading ur posts here secretly oo.

Keep it up sir but easy with arguments, na Dat one dey annoy me lol.

What do u make of Ogu's invitation (if he was truly invited) ? I think Rohr wanna see if he could do better as a left full back because I don't see him displacing any of our midfielders. A healthy Joel Obi would have been a better option IMO.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:32pm On Oct 27, 2016
this is good news for mikel now he can plan properly for his footballing future. there's no rush his place is assured in the super eagles. our next world cup game after the algeria match is i think september 2017 so he should take his time and choose a club that he will get regular playing time. mikel still has some good years at the top level left. i'm sure a few decent premier league sides will be interested in his services.

TheSuperNerd:
January”

Coach of the Nigerian team Gernot Rohr met with Technical Director Mike Emenalo yesterday, who revealed to Rohr that Mikel is not in the plans of the Italian manager.

”There’s every possibility for him to leave Chelsea either on loan or permanently in January. But the summer looks more likely. Every story must have an end. After 11 seasons, Mikel wants to move on and so too Chelsea”.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/10/27/exclusive-conte-tells-mikel-you-are-not-in-my-plans-you-are-free-to-leave-in-january/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:33pm On Oct 27, 2016
#Countdown to Rohr's list for battle of Uyo.
Chelsea star warned: Your club form means
nothing for your national team

VICTOR MOSES has been warned by Nigeria boss Gernot Rohr that his Chelsea form will not help him reclaim his international spot.

Chelsea wing-back Victor Moses has been told his
club form means nothing to Nigeria

Moses has been a revelation at Stamford Bridge
this season since Antonio Conte converted him
into a right wing-back.

In the Premier League, Chelsea have won three
out of three games and have conceded no goals
since Moses came into the team as part of a 3-4-3
formation.

The 25-year-old pulled out of the Super Eagles
squad for the World Cup qualifier against Zambia,
citing an injury.

GETTY.
Chelsea wing-back Victor Moses is flying high this
year

“You don't change a winning team unless
you have a strong reason”
Nigeria boss Gernot Rohr has a warning
for Chelsea star Victor Moses.

He was straight back in the Blues starting line-up
for their game against Manchester United after
the international break, while Nigeria managed to
win 2-1 without him.

And Super Eagles coach Rohr has told Moses his
good form at Stamford Bridge does by no means
guarantee him a starting spot for his national
team.

When asked about Moses, Rohr told OwnGoal
Nigeria: "You don't change a winning team unless
you have a strong reason.

GETTY. Nigeria boss Gernot Rohr has warned Chelsea wing-back Victor Moses

"For now we are not contemplating a change of
style of team, but we will call up new players for
the game against Algeria.

"However anything can happen during training
for the game.

"As much as we want to keep the team against
Zambia, we are also open to new players breaking into the team but they have to displace the team that started against Zambia."

Source: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/557107/Victor-Moses-Gernot-Rohr-Chelsea-Nigeria-Super-Eagles-Premier-League-Latest-News-quotes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:34pm On Oct 27, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Never heard of him..... sad

Yara Yara (Aka Johnson) and I have never picked this lad up on our very extensive and super eagle-eyed global radar for Nigerian players... **we need more systems upgrades** wink (hey Johnson, contact EC-council and Oracle... And also sterenko systems... It's time for the craziest radar upgrade ever...)

NFF Fail To Convince Ex-Arsenal Striker To
Commit Future To Nigeria; Called Up To
England Contingency Squad

Nigerian striker Fejiri Okenabirhie has been called up to the England C contingency squad ahead of their International Champions trophy match with the Estonian Under 23 national team on November 15.

The 20-year-old will be drafted into the main
squad in the event of any withdrawals.

Born in Hendon, England, Okenabirhie spent his
formative years as a footballer with the youth
teams of Arsenal and Stevenage.

The Dagenham & Redbridge frontman spent time on loan at Bedford Town, Farnborough,

Cambridge City and Royston Town while on the
books of Stevenage before he was released in the summer of 2015.

Last year, Nigeria Football Federation supremo
Amaju Pinnick reportedly held talks with
Okenabirhie over committing his international
future to Nigeria rather than England.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=20876

Lol who b dis one again? This looks like a fabricated news to me. Maybe he wants to remind us through the press that he still exists.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:44pm On Oct 27, 2016
My Brother.... Me sef I tire oooo.... I just say make I post the news in case pesin for the house sabi am.... because the part of my super labs wey dey monitor Nigerian players and Foreign-borns of Nigerian blood no pick this name up at all!!!... Looolllll

Yara Yara is confused.... Make I check with Sir TheGoodJoe... **dials TheGoodJoe's monitoring team's lines**

ChrisKels:

Lol who b dis one again? This looks like a fabricated news to me. Maybe he wants to remind us through the press that he still exists.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2016
@bolded.... Matchday 3 is Week of August 28 2017 actually smiley

.... Followed by matchday 4 couple of days later in week of September 03-06.

chrisooblog:
this is good news for mikel now he can plan properly for his footballing future. there's no rush his place is assured in the super eagles. our next world cup game after the algeria match is i think september 2017 so he should take his time and choose a club that he will get regular playing time. mikel still has some good years at the top level left. i'm sure a few decent premier league sides will be interested in his services.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:49pm On Oct 27, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
My Brother.... Me sef I tire oooo.... I just say make I post the news in case pesin for the house sabi am.... because the part of my super labs wey dey monitor Nigerian players and Foreign-borns of Nigerian blood no pick this name up at all!!!... Looolllll

Yara Yara is confused.... Make I check with Sir TheGoodJoe... **dials TheGoodJoe's monitoring team's lines**

Odogwu nwoke, abeg search for FA site to confirm the news or...

If owngoalnigeria.com had been the site that reported this, trust me those meddlesome interlopers posing as journalist at allnigeriasoccer.com, would have debunked the news tete
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:52pm On Oct 27, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
January”

I just wish he would join the OLD LADIES of Turin.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 27, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

into a right wing-back.

formation.

citing an injury.

win 2-1 without him.

team.

for the game.

Zambia, we are also open to new players breaking into the team but they have to displace the team that started against Zambia."

Source: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/557107/Victor-Moses-Gernot-Rohr-Chelsea-Nigeria-Super-Eagles-Premier-League-Latest-News-quotes
Very Good, I actually love this decision by the coach. The super eagles should be made very competitive, amd nobody should think he has automatic shirt, and therefore decides to evade some national invitations by feigning injuries and making other forms of untenable excuses. For me, I believe Mikel should be the only exception now considering his recent avid commitment to the national team.

For me, Moses is just playing for Nigeria in order to boost his club career.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:01pm On Oct 27, 2016
Nna eh....

England C contigency squad get estonia match in November shaa.... But na 16-man squad and him name no dey main list.

No wonder the report by allnigeriasoccer said, "HE WILL BE CALLED UP TO THE MAIN SQUAD IN THE EVENT OF ANY WITHDRAWALS" smiley

HERE: http://www.thefa.com/news/2016/oct/27/england-c-squad-announced-for-estonia-271016

ChrisKels:

Odogwu nwoke, abeg search for FA site to confirm the news or...

If owngoalnigeria.com had been the site that reported this, trust me those meddlesome interlopers posing as journalist at allnigeriasoccer.com, would have debunked the news tete
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KingEbukaNaija: 5:01pm On Oct 27, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

team.

Sorry what ?

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:02pm On Oct 27, 2016
Old ladies of Juve go fit am no be small... smiley
ChrisKels:

I just wish he would join the OLD LADIES of Turin.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by confun: 5:02pm On Oct 27, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

into a right wing-back.

formation.

citing an injury.

win 2-1 without him.

team.

for the game.

I think I like this.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:02pm On Oct 27, 2016
ChrisKels:

Hahaha so u dey laf abi?? Next time surf ur Internet for more information. Dats by d way, how are u and ur household, I hope Jehovah bu Eze?

Ur boy (Ebuehi) seem to have been called up. Rohr must have been reading ur posts here secretly oo.

Keep it up sir but easy with arguments, na Dat one dey annoy me lol.

What do u make of Ogu's invitation (if he was truly invited) ? I think Rohr wanna see if he could do better as a left full back because I don't see him displacing any of our midfielders. A healthy Joel Obi would have been a better option IMO.

Hehehehe! The thing just surprise me because I had thought he was Nigerian for over 6 years because all his profiles showed he is of Nigerian heritage but to come hear say na Ugandan, I no first believe am, but wetin man pikin go do? grin

We thank God for em grace. He is the Lord. grin

If it is true then we have gotten ourselves a good coach because I can't understand why we keep inviting bench warmers and using make shift RB when we have enough RB players playing regularly for their clubs.

Now, you all can see that my arguments are not in vain. grin

The last time I saw John Ogu played, he was totally in control of the midfield against Inter Milan. In fact, I made comments on his performance the same day.

I think he can do the job even if Mikel is not playing.

At left full, e ku ku ma better make we leave Echiejile for there ooooooo else katakata go happen. grin

Joel Obi! Chai! Injury just wan finish this boy career but if he continues to play for his club then I think he deserves a call up. I don't think he should be used as a Lb because you will not be able to exploit his potentials at the midfield.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 5:09pm On Oct 27, 2016
Rohr should try John Ogu as a LB
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:11pm On Oct 27, 2016
Hmmmm...... Sir Blueto... I greet u Sir... smiley

Me I had to check first whether na really you type abi na another pesin because... **checks again**

Egbon... You didn't show any act of sesquipedalianism (Big "grammarism" wink ) in this post....

Sir, hope all is well... because after reading and seaching for your normal big big words... I found none and my face went like....

[img]http://media2./media/l2JHS7po8pGz94TgQ/200_s.gif[/img]

Anyway, Well said Sir Blueto... Points well stated wink

blueto:
Very Good, I actually love this decision by the coach. The super eagles should be made very competitive, amd nobody should think he has automatic shirt, and therefore decides to evade some national invitations by feigning injuries and making other forms of untenable excuses. For me, I believe Mikel should be the only exception now considering his recent avid commitment to the national team.

For me, Moses is just playing for Nigeria in order to boost his club career.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:12pm On Oct 27, 2016
Why kwanu?? sad

zuchyblink:
Rohr should try John Ogu as a LB
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:13pm On Oct 27, 2016
I'm with you Ma'am.... smiley I like this too....

But Moses may start against Algeria shaa... But time will tell. Just love the "competition" coz Ahmed Musa and Simon Moses are also there.

confun:
I think I like this.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (16214) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Tolulopefinest(m), mummyson26(m), Goke7, soetanoreoluwa(m), Darell2002(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.