Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,782 members, 7,866,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:45 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11962381 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (16374) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:59pm On Oct 26, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

That's a little unfair to the kid, Chalobah has performed well in his cameo's, his pass to Moses comes to mind. The season is long and anything can happen, Mikel always comes out of this situations with the odds stacked against him.

I hope Mikel leaves that club. He has done enough there. As for Chalobah I have nothing against the young man but he was atrocious and it is clear as daylight Mikel would outperform him in that game.

So the plans talk does not add. If Mikel was not in his plans, all Conte should do is to tell him to look for another club. Play him when he wants to rest his defensive midfielders.

A freezing to the point Mikel is on the bench for a kid who had an atrocious performance says it all.

The lying coach can keep his team to himself. I hope Mikel leaves.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:04am On Oct 27, 2016
BascoVanVeli:
Meh I am so angry at the ref, the yellow card he gave Iheanacho was an insult to football and that goal was a foul against man u.

The Bias officiating was disgusting. How can a referee give Iheanacho a yellow card for slipping.

The two clear fouls that led to the goals were baffling.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 2:01am On Oct 27, 2016
tbaba1234:
Mikel:

“I hope I will get some playing time against West Ham, but it is down to the manager. He has been open and honest with me. I respect him for that. He has explained the situation and I totally understand. When you have been at a club for a long time, these things happen where a club wants to move forward . I just have to be professional, work as hard as I can to try and get into the team. I work twice as hard every day and it’s because I appreciate this club.

“I have been here a long time, have a lot of trophies and memories that will never go away. If I don’t get back in the side, I will respect it. I always respect the football club’s decision. The club is more important than me.”
This is exactly what am saying, the club have told him to move on.
Conte is no charlatan, he already knew players who wouldn't fit his plan months before joining the club.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 2:15am On Oct 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

It is clearly the Olympics. Leave all that talk. Who plays Chalobah ahead of Mikel? That kid was atrocious today.

All Mikel had to do was fake an injury. Mikel was the bigger man. If Mikel was not in Conte's plan, he would not play Mikel in the Preseason while preparing for the EPL.
Ozil and Di Maria had solid pre season outing for Real Madrid the summer they got sold to Man u and Arsenal.

A player must train with his club xcept he is injured or out of contract, that's a different story.

Playing chaloba ahead of Mikel should tell you something.

I understand Mikel is pleading with the club for playing time in cup games to help keep him in shape due to his national team commitments.
Olympics or no Olympics, Mikel's Chelsea career was over immediately last season ended.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:23am On Oct 27, 2016
goldfish80:

This is exactly what am saying, the club have told him to move on.
Conte is no charlatan, he already knew players who wouldn't fit his plan months before joining the club.

That is not what it implies, Mikel talks about fighting for his place. He won't be talking about that if the club has told him to move on..

It seems clear that Conte has told him that he has to fight for a place since he missed the whole pre season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:27am On Oct 27, 2016
goldfish80:

Ozil and Di Maria had solid pre season outing for Real Madrid the summer they got sold to Man u and Arsenal.

A player must train with his club xcept he is injured or out of contract, that's a different story.

Playing chaloba ahead of Mikel should tell you something.

I understand Mikel is pleading with the club for playing time in cup games to help keep him in shape due to his national team commitments.
Olympics or no Olympics, Mikel's Chelsea career was over immediately last season ended.

That is untrue.. we will not be having this conversation if Mikel had a full preseason with chelsea.

For Conte, those who trained in preseason have secured their spots in the team. Mikel is now working to displace them. That is the position of things.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 2:41am On Oct 27, 2016
tbaba1234:

That is untrue.. we will not be having this conversation if Mikel had a full preseason with chelsea.

For Conte, those who trained in preseason have secured their spots in the team. Mikel is now working to displace them. That is the position of things.

Is Mikel an unknown 19 year old kid who have to convince the coach in pre season how good he is?
How can you explain a guy who has been at a club for 10 solid years requiring a pre season to show the club's hierarchy how good he is?
Please let's leave sentiments aside, Mikel was not the only player to represent his country at the Olympics.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:52am On Oct 27, 2016
goldfish80:

Is Mikel an unknown 19 year old kid who have to convince the coach in pre season how good he is?
How can you explain a guy who has been at a club for 10 solid years requiring a pre season to show the club's hierarchy how good he is?
Please let's leave sentiments aside, Mikel was not the only player to represent his country at the Olympics.

There are no sentiments... It is not the first time, it is happening to an African player who defied club assignments for national team duties. At the beginning of pre-season, Mikel had a blinding start. If they had no plans for him, they would have sold him in the summer. His decision to leave at the middle of preseason cost him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 2:55am On Oct 27, 2016
tbaba1234:

That is not what it implies, Mikel talks about fighting for his place. He won't be talking about that if the club has told him to move on..

It seems clear that Conte has told him that he has to fight for a place since he missed the whole pre season.
If Mikel needed a pre season to prove to his club how good he is, then it's safe to say he was indeed out of favour.
You guys seems to forget Copa America and Euros was played this summer and alot South American and European players have little or no pre seasons with their clubs yet they play week in week out.

The pre season rule is for players like Ovie Ejaria and Ola Aina who are relatively unknown. Not for consummate pros like Mikel
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 2:58am On Oct 27, 2016
tbaba1234:

There are no sentiments... It is not the first time, it is happening to an African player who defied club assignments for national team duties. At the beginning of pre-season, Mikel had a blinding start. If they had no plans for him, they would have sold him in the summer. His decision to leave at the middle of preseason cost him.
Mikel didn't leave in the middle of the season for Afcon. The Olympics is a summer event.
If he left in the middle of season for afcon and struggle to get back the the team, we can blame the Afcon and your African players theory will fit in.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:12am On Oct 27, 2016
goldfish80:

Mikel didn't leave in the middle of the season for Afcon. The Olympics is a summer event.
If he left in the middle of season for afcon and struggle to get back the the team, we can blame the Afcon and your African players theory will fit in.

So a new coach comes in that does not have a team and you leave without the opportunity to prove yourself to him.. It is not as if Conte has been in Chelsea before the Summer.. This was within his first few weeks of a new coach.. It was a huge risk for Mikel to take off to the Olympics.

Mikel saved Chelsea's season last year, it is not coincidence that result improved when he started.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:04am On Oct 27, 2016
enomakos:
who said odion ighalo is better than the yak?

Two guys were arguing it in a bar/viewing centre where i branched to watch a game last week.

It is obvious such people started watching football in 2010 grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:25am On Oct 27, 2016
I fear for this next AFCON.

With what is happening to Mikel at Chelsea, If we had qualified for the next AFCON do u think Mikel would want to attend?
Victor Moses too would have likely faked an injury.
Would Leicester City be willing to release Slimani and Mahrez? If Nigeria had qualified would Leicester be willing to release Musa after releasing the two earlier mentioned players? Would Watford be willing to release Ighalo and Success? There is also an Egyptian player at Watford. What abt Iheanacho and Iwobi?

Would Liverpool also release Mane?
What of Bailly of Manunited?

CAF needs to revisit the timing of the AFCON.

The clubs and players released would really suffer for it.

Sometimes i am even happy we are missing that AFCON. Our players can focus on their club careers and come blazing when the qualifiers resume.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:37am On Oct 27, 2016
Thought I was the only one who saw the fouls. This is why no man utd fan shouted "goal" in my area... Lolll... I kept saying, "This goal is criminal-laden... That ref is a criminal".

As far as I am concerned, they just dashed Man utd that game to help their lives after that 4-0 bashing. And that yellow on Nacho was super harsh. It obviously affected his psyche and pressing all game for fear of a second yellow.

All the same shaa... Your Pablo Maffeo is a good prospect. He did pretty good. smiley

Aleix Garcia is also showing he belongs in City's future.

Sir GoodJoe... I really envy your young players' potentials. Una dey do well... smiley

TheGoodJoe:

The Bias officiating was disgusting. How can a referee give Iheanacho a yellow card for slipping.

The two clear fouls that led to the goals were baffling.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:44am On Oct 27, 2016
You are right Sir.... It will be to the advantage of our players come January/february 2017.

But then, by 2019, we must be at the AFCON because by then our several of our players would have established themselves in their various clubsides as "indispensables" and "Vital" (same way Mahrez has). smiley

That will be the Post-Mikel Era.

Meanwhile, make Leicester release Slimani and Mahrez oooo....... Make Musa see better ball play biko. Lol

Icon4s:
I fear for this next AFCON.

With what is happening to Mikel at Chelsea, If we had qualified for the next AFCON do u think Mikel would want to attend?
Victor Moses too would have likely faked an injury.
Would Leicester City be willing to release Slimani and Mahrez? If Nigeria had qualified would Leicester be willing to release Musa after releasing the two earlier mentioned players? Would Watford be willing to release Ighalo and Success? There is also an Egyptian player at Watford. What abt Iheanacho and Iwobi?

Would Liverpool also release Mane?
What of Bailly of Manunited?

CAF needs to revisit the timing of the AFCON.

The clubs and players released would really suffer for it.

Sometimes i am even happy we are missing that AFCON. Our players can focus on their club careers and come blazing when the qualifiers resume.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:57am On Oct 27, 2016
Guardiola Reveals Why Iheanacho Didn’t
Play To Full Potential In EFL Cup Loss To
Man United

Head coach of Manchester City Pep Guardiola is
unhappy over his team 1-0 derby loss to rivals
Manchester United in the EFL Cup, which
extended their winless streak to six games.

Juan Mata condemned Manchester City to their
third defeat in six games with the lone goal of the tie, which will serve as sweet revenge for
Manchester United after their 2-1 loss in the
league to same team.

However the man who assisted and scored a goal for Manchester City, when both teams met in the league Kelechi Iheanacho had a game which wasn’t quite up to the standard he has set for himself of late.

His manager Pep Guardiola believes the harsh
booking picked up by the Nigerian early into the
game, slowed his pressing and desire to harass
the backline of Manchester United as he was wary of picking up a second booking.

” I think the yellow card shown to Iheanacho
played a part in slowing him down as the game
progresses, it’s only normal as he was wary of
picking up a second booking” He said in his pre
match conference.

” He did very well considering the situation. It’s
unfortunate we have to lose this way. All the
same we have to move on and focus on our next
game”.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/10/26/guardiola-reveals-why-iheanacho-didnt-play-to-full-potential-in-efl-cup-loss-to-man-united/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 7:04am On Oct 27, 2016
Icon4s:

Two guys were arguing it in a bar/viewing centre where i branched to watch a game last week.

It is obvious such people started watching football in 2010 grin
no wonder,i think they were drunk

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:07am On Oct 27, 2016
@Bolded... Conte pleading with Chelsea to give Mikel game time with their youth sides (U-23 or U-21)?? Are u kidding me? Why is Conte pleading? It's within his power to or isn't it?

Nigeria Coach In London, Update On Nigeria
Pursuit Of Chelsea Teen Wonder Tammy
Abraham Over His International Future

According to reports gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com Chelsea Super teen Tammy
Abraham, who is eligible to play for Nigeria and
England won’t be approached by the coach of
Nigeria Gernot Rohr, who is presently in London.

President of the Nigeria Football Federation Amaju Pinnick revealed early this month, that he is in talks with the father of the Bristol City loanee over switching his international allegiance from England to Nigeria.

However, Rohr who is in London and visited
Chelsea training ground earlier today, has no
plans of meeting up with the lad who has taken
the English Championship by storm this season.
Rather the coach had a meeting with manager
Antonio Conte and Technical Director Mike
Emenalo, a former Nigeria international on the
reasons behind the non-playing time Mikel is
currently enduring at Chelsea.

Conte reportedly pleaded with Chelsea to give
Mikel game time with their youth side to help the Nigerian maintain his match fitness as he is
pivotal to the plans of Nigeria, in their quest to be at the next World Cup in Russia.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/10/26/nigeria-coach-in-london-update-on-nigeria-pursuit-of-chelsea-teen-wonder-tammy-abraham-over-his-international-future/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:10am On Oct 27, 2016
Chaaiiiiiii...... Lollll

enomakos:
no wonder,i think they were drunk
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:12am On Oct 27, 2016

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:15am On Oct 27, 2016
Rohr at Stamford Bridge.. Unfortunately no Mikel...At least he got a sight of Ola Aina..

[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvuXTSkXEAEiDmK.jpg:large[/img]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:27am On Oct 27, 2016
U sure say Wenger no dey visit NL Sports..... grin
#kidding

We don talk this one tey tey... We know he can play the 10 role.... smiley

Arsene Wenger Believes Alex Iwobi Is Good
Enough To Be Arsenal’s Number 10

Arsene Wenger has spoken about how Alex
Iwobi has the qualities to play in the No.10
role.

The Nigerian starlet has played on the left for Arsenal since his impressive rise to a first-team
regular, but Arsene Wenger says that Iwobi can
also play as a No.10 – the role currently inhabited by German international Mesut Ozil.

According to The Mirror, Wenger said:

“You can see that he is not a typical winger.”

“I think he can play in the number 10 role. He
turns the game forward, he passes the ball
through the lines very well, he has a final ball in
him. I think he has it all in the locker to pass and give the final ball.”

Wenger also went on to say that Iwobi needed to be calm in front of goal, and said that the key
thing for the youngster to work on now was his
finishing.

PARIS, FRANCE – SEPTEMBER 13: Alex Iwobi of Arsenal holds off Marco Verratti of PSG during the UEFA Champions League Group A match between Paris Saint-Germain and Arsenal FC at Parc des Princes on September 13, 2016 in Paris, France.(Photo courtesy Julian Finney/Getty Images)

The youngster netted twice in 21 appearances in all competitions last term, but is yet to open his account for this season after 11 matches.

Iwobi, who came through the Gunners’ academy– and is the nephew of Nigerian legend Jay-Jay Okocha – was a revelation last season, displacing Gunners veteran Theo Walcott from the team.

It is a big sign of faith that he was handed a new squad number this season – one previously worn by none other than Alexis Sanchez.

The youngster is consistently putting in good
performances, and never seems overawed by the occasion since debuting for the Gunners, but, as Wenger said, his goal-scoring statistics need to improve.

The 20-year old Nigerian International made his
first team, Premier League and Champions
League debut in the space of eight days last
October. This saw him nominated for the Golden
Boy award – of which the only prior recipient who represented Arsenal is Cesc Fabregas – but he eventually lost out to Bayern Munich’s Renato Sanches.

Source: http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2016/10/26/arsene-wenger-believes-alex-iwobi-is-good-enough-to-be-arsenals-number-10/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:51am On Oct 27, 2016
Eagles to prey on Algerian Defence

Nigeria were able to put two goals past Zambia in
Ndola a few weeks back and will hope to do more
when Matchday Two of the 2018 Fifa World Cup
qualifiers resume.

The Super Eagles will host Les Fennecs of Algeria
at the Akwa Ibom International Stadium in Uyo
looking to take another giant step towards
qualifying for a third World Cup on the bounce.

It was all guns-blazing in the first half against the
Chipolopolo as Alexander Iwobi and Kelechi
Iheanacho put the Zambians to the sword. A lot
will be required of Nigeria’s attackers when they
come up against Algeria who are now in a race
against time to get ready for the battle in Uyo.

Defensively, Algeria have not been the same since
the exit of Majid Bougherra and Rafik Halliche who
have been the rock which the Foxes defence was
built on as Algeria quietly went about their
business to become the number one team in
Africa a few years back.

Super Eagles players celebrate in Zambia ©
FAZ

They have been knocked off their perch in the
last Fifa rankings as 2015 Afcon winners Ivory
Coast took away the number one spot with
Algeria sitting in number three now.

It is not rocket science to note that Les Fennecs'
greatest strength is in midfield and attack. The
likes of Sofiane Feghouli, Riyad Mahrez, Islam
Slimani and Adlène Guedioura all have excellent
creative abilities but the defence is where Algeria
have faltered recently.

Cameroon were able to score against Algeria
because they had runners who were not afraid to
go at the two centre-backs Liasinne Camaduro-
Bentaiba and skipper Carl Medjani.

The latter has bags of experience and is a leader
on and off the pitch but is not exactly the fastest
centre-back around and, at 31, might be losing a
bit of sharpness that he has exhibited over time.

This might be a cue to Super Eagles head coach
Gernot Rohr to look at how to set up his attack
and attack the spaces between the central
defence area. The fullbacks are quite solid but the
Eagles need to find a way to get past them.

Napoli’s Faouzi Ghoulam at left-back for Les
Fennecs will be a formidable task for whoever is
up against the 25-year-old. Very strong aerially
and in the tackle, he will be a tough nut to crack
but if Nigeria’s wingers have a good day then it
will be joy for Nigerians.

Mehdi Zeffane started at right-back in the last
game against Cameroon had a decent game
though Cameroon’s equaliser came from the right
channel. He is quite adept defensively and always
joins in the attack when needed.

Algeria are usually lined up with Mahrez on the
right side of attack due to his ability to cut in and
do damage with his fantastic left foot and
because most of Algeria’s attacking threat comes
from the Leicester City man, it means Zeffane
usually sits deep to provide protection.

This can play into the Eagles' hands as they can
exploit the spaces in midfield areas to have a go
at the centre-backs.

The pace of Ahmed Musa, Moses Simon or Victor
Moses will be a major weapon if Algeria insist on
using the same system they used against
Cameroon.

One of aforementioned should play centrally and
not from the wings as is usually the case in recent
games. Algeria, needing to get their campaign
back on track after picking only a point in Blida
will arguably be more offensive on matchday in
Uyo.

This should suit Nigeria well, as spaces will appear
in the midfield areas and final third which the
Eagles should do well to exploit.

Chances will be few and far between so the
Eagles have to be clinical in front of goal if they
are to get the three points at stake.

That being said, Algeria might still line up
differently in defence as Assai Mandi should be
back to stuff up the right-back position which was
exploited by Cameroon.

Hichem Belkaroui is also expected to be in
reckoning to partner skipper Carl Medjani in the
centre of defence after missing out on the game
against the Indomitable Lions. Algeria will
definitely tweak their defence for the away game
to Nigeria as they try to steady their ship.

The defence will not be the only issue Algeria
have to contend with. There is the little matter of
who will lead the team to Nigeria for the game
after Milovan Rajevac’s departure after the 1-1
draw with Cameroun.

The Serbian quit his post earlier this month and
the Algeria Football Federation has been looking
for a coach since then.

His departure was said to be due to a player
mutiny though that has been denied by the
Algerian football authorities. The 62-year-old only
replaced Frenchman Christian Gourcuff in April
and was in charge for only two games.

Les Fennecs will have their third coach in a year -
just like the Super Eagles - when Matchday Two of
the 2018 Fifa World Cup qualifiers hits the surface
of the Akwa Ibom International Stadium in Uyo in
November.

Former Cameroon coach Paul Le Guen was touted
to be Rajevac’s replacement but that turned out
to be mere paper talk. Belgian Marc Wilmots, who
last handled the Belgian national side, looked to
have a deal in place to take charge but that did
not cross the line either.

Frenchman Phillippe Troussier and Serbian Safet
Susic have also been mentioned in the local press
in Algeria although nothing concrete has come
from the federation as yet.

Whoever gets the job will have a Herculean task
of getting the troops ready for the showdown in
Uyo.

A win for Nigeria will see their path clearer
towards qualification while an Algeria loss will
trigger panic stations for Les Fennecs who made
it to the last World Cup in Brazil.

Source: http://mobi.supersport.com/football/super-eagles/news/161026/Eagles_out_to_prey_on_Algeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:02am On Oct 27, 2016
tbaba1234:

Obita is not a Nigerian..

It was AllNigeriansooccer that started that news that he was Nigerian.. He has Ugandan heritage..

The boy dey lie.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:06am On Oct 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

It is clearly the Olympics. Leave all that talk. Who plays Chalobah ahead of Mikel? That kid was atrocious today.

All Mikel had to do was fake an injury. Mikel was the bigger man. If Mikel was not in Conte's plan, he would not play Mikel in the Preseason while preparing for the EPL.

Did you watch the match?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:15am On Oct 27, 2016
forgiveness:

The boy dey lie.

He is not Nigerian, He is Ugandan...

Even Wikipedia claims 'Nigerian' but it is from the same false source AllNigeriansoccer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:20am On Oct 27, 2016
tbaba1234:

He is not Nigerian, He is Ugandan...

Even Wikipedia claims 'Nigerian' but it is from the same false source AllNigeriansoccer.

What about the source I gave?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:36am On Oct 27, 2016
forgiveness:

What about the source I gave?

They probably just got it from ANS as well.. He has repeatedly made it clear that he is ugandan.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:54am On Oct 27, 2016
forgiveness:

Did you watch the match?

Yes I did. I was at a bar with both matches on.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 9:54am On Oct 27, 2016
forgiveness:

The boy dey lie.

LOL. The guy say e no do, leave am na. Abi na by force to be Nigerian?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 10:14am On Oct 27, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Eagles eager to exploit Algerian defence.
[/size]
By: Andrew Randa

Nigeria was able to put two goals past Zambia in Ndola a few weeks back and will hope to do more when Match Day Two of the 2018 Fifa World Cup qualifiers resume.

The Super Eagles will host Les Fennecs of Algeria at the Akwa Ibom International Stadium in Uyo[ below ]looking to take another giant step towards qualifying for a third World Cup on the bounce.

It was all guns blazing in the first half against the Chipolopolo as Alexander Iwobi and Kelechi Iheanacho put the Zambians to the sword. A lot will be required of Nigeria’s attackers when they come up against Algeria who are now in a race against time to get ready for the battle in Uyo.

Foxes defence no longer impervious.

Defensively, Algeria hasn't been the same since the exit of Majid Bougherra and Rafik Halliche who have been the rock which the Foxes defence was built. Both were outstanding as Algeria quietly went about their business to become the number one team in Africa a few years back. In as much as they have been knocked off their perch in the last Fifa rankings as 2015 AFCON winners Ivory Coast took away the number one spot , sitting at number three, the Foxes want to avoild any further slipping.

It isn’t rocket science to note that Les Fennecs greatest strength is in midfield and attack. The likes of Sofiane Feghouli, Riyad Mahrez, Islam Slimani and Adlène Guedioura all have excellent creative abilities but the defence is where Algeria have faltered recently.

In fact the Algerians were so sloppy that the Indomitable Lions coach Hugo Broos fumed when his team was unable to convert more of the myriad of chances they had, and walk away with a win. He pointed out that the North Africans played uncoordinated in the back, and were repeatedly caught out of position. Persistence did finally pay off as his strikers were able to hit true because his runners did not give up, and weren’t afraid to go at the two centre backs Liasinne Camaduro and skipper Carl Medjani[ below ].

Read more here - ng.supersport.mobi/football/super-eagles/news/161027/Eagles_eager_to_exploit_Algerian_defence
[/b]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:31am On Oct 27, 2016
According to OwngoalNigeria, Philippe Troussier could be the next coach of Algeria. That would be fun..

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (16374) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheSuperNerd(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.