Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,049 members, 7,849,241 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:01 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11854993 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2099) (2100) (2101) (2102) (2103) (2104) (2105) ... (16247) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 1:03pm On Nov 14, 2017
Danielnino00:
sad DSTv won't show this match.and I don't have that much data to stream from beIN sports ..
Someone said NTA will show the match, with KFS (Kwese Free Sports)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:11pm On Nov 14, 2017
NTAi?
lol
nelszx:

Someone said NTA will show the match, with KFS (Kwese Free Sports)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by teeezy00: 1:13pm On Nov 14, 2017
Joebie:
NTAi?
lol
AIT according to nff IG page
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:14pm On Nov 14, 2017
e go dey DSTV then. abi?

teeezy00:

AIT according to nff IG page
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 1:16pm On Nov 14, 2017
Too much analysis on this thread shocked lipsrsealed grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:18pm On Nov 14, 2017
Yea.. meet the mascot

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:35pm On Nov 14, 2017
Joebie:
Yea.. meet the mascot
funny enough, these four may not make it to the World Cup grin

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:37pm On Nov 14, 2017
even IF they no go, they at least touched the mascot and they played a part in our build-up. The latter na contribution regardless lol.
Let's also celebrate the process, not just the final list.

safarigirl:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:39pm On Nov 14, 2017
wonderful first post! welcome to the thread. We hope to see your better inputs.

klexycole:
Too much analysis on this thread shocked lipsrsealed grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 1:55pm On Nov 14, 2017
Joebie:
wonderful first post! welcome to the thread. We hope to see your better inputs.

Thank you sir. I'm not too much into football analysis, I'm just here to support our own Super Eagles. You guys have been great. Nice analysis, brilliant suggestions and excellent inputs. cheesy

I'm looking forward to the match against the Argentine National Team. The only issue issue now is the station to view the match. I may resort to BeIN Sports 5 HD. cool

Kudos to other members of the thread. The land is green. cheesy

Cc Robosky02
Mikron
TheSuperNerd

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sunnypa11(m): 1:55pm On Nov 14, 2017
Line up

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 2:00pm On Nov 14, 2017
Joebie:
NTAi?
lol

cheesy grin cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 2:09pm On Nov 14, 2017
Talking about home grown talents, how many of us know that we now have a national youth league for football?

All 20 NPFL clubs have an U15 youth wing.

All the players must still be in primary/secondary school and their primary School report cards are being used to determine their ages.

All are still active in school and the league only occur during the long term break.

Started late last year/early this year and we have experts from LALIGA helping with the management etc.

This to me is one of the best ways to build solid foundation for all our male football teams.

With time , it will shift to the female teams too then to other sports.

Slow start but a good start.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 2:12pm On Nov 14, 2017
Sunnypa11:
Line up
chai see creativity in that midfield
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 2:14pm On Nov 14, 2017
Same formation Russia used against Argentina few days ago
Joebie:
The latest from OGN: we will play with a 5-3-2 formation which translates to 3-5-2 when in attack.
I think it is a cautious formation.

okay, let me take it paragraph by paragraph.
Balogun has always played as the LCB. And he and Aina have been assisting themselves there. I think nothing has changed. This is continuity for mastery sake. Awaziem is right-footed, so starting him there is a less risky path.

Ola Aina is even more comfortable as a Wing-Back, than a dedicated Full-back. I know both terms are used interchangeably these days, but you know what I mean. The formation will give him room to roam forward, and that's his strength. We are already developing him well for the LB role, and we don't have to wait for his club to do that first. Not saying I don't want to see him play as RB, but i've already made my position known on that. Now as regards Shehu, let's think Victor Moses here for a better comparison. Moses is a better crosser, granted. Moses is better going forward, also granted. But Moses don't go forward TOO often when playing for Chelsea, and that's because they have dedicated wingers. With this formation, we are playing quite narrow at the front, and that means we will not be depending much on wing play. This could also be a test for Shehu to do more forward with this formation, something he didn't have to do often in our previous formation. I have to check on his pace, as I'm not sure he really lacks that. You could have a point though.

on your last paragraph, I disagree on what you said about Ndidi. Ndidi started out as a CB. Someone even mentioned that he will be a good CB and I had to remind him that he actually started there. Ndidi is as versatile as Mikel, but inferior in passing and ball holding.
Granted, Ogu is slow, but like I said this is a very cautious formation as our defense will have lots of cover. Don't forget that Ogu is quite good defensively, so what we have may be Ndidi, and Ogu sitting back especially when we are not in possession.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by globalmind68(m): 2:15pm On Nov 14, 2017
Everything will be fine...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 2:23pm On Nov 14, 2017
Very low attacking bite in this line up. Only 2 "attackers" with one goal minded DM in view. I believe Rohr will likely change the formation later in the match when things look clearer.

Musa should play in this match.
Sunnypa11:
Line up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 2:26pm On Nov 14, 2017
safarigirl:
Please name the players for me, I can't see their faces clearly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:40pm On Nov 14, 2017
This is actually out best formation, to be quite honest with you. If you check my twitter timeline, you'd realized that I called for this (3-4-3) formation almost one year ago - albit with different personnel deployed based on what's on the ground at that time. My twitter experimental line up was:
3 man CD: Ekong, Omeruo, and Balogun,
2 Wing Back: VicMo (RWB) and Moses Odubajo or Iorfa (LWB)
2 DMs Ndidi/Onazi and Mikel
3 Attackers: Nacho, Iwobi, and Etebo

O pari

Sunnypa11:
Line up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 2:43pm On Nov 14, 2017
Mujtahida:

Amaju Pinnick is proposing that the window in March should be used by World Cup bound teams to prepare for the World Cup and that the Afcon qualifiers should be shifted to after the world cup. The Caf committee will meet next week or so
I hope they agree on this

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 14, 2017
Is dstv show it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:44pm On Nov 14, 2017
A ROUGH SPORTS DEVELOPMENT PLAN | Joebie

Federal Government side approach

1. The FG has to revisit all national stadiums. Award contracts for rehabilitation AND maintenance.
On maintenance contracts, this will be renewable every quarter. Before the contract is extended, videos and pictures of the venue during matches/events should be scrutinized on a monthly basis to ensure that the standard of the facility is consistent. A special inspection unit should also go to the stadium and take pictures and videos of facilities in the stadium for additional evidence, which will be compared to the event videos and pics. Contract should be awarded to a new maintenance company should the original company fail to maintain acceptable standards.

2. The FG through the ministry of youth and sports in collaboration with the ministry of education should ensure that all FG owned universities have sporting facilities and equipment to revitalize university games. The same aforementioned maintenance standard of inspection should be employed here.
3. All FG owned university should have a primary and secondary school.
4. Students in the secondary schools should have access to the sports facilities in the university daily. Secondary school students should have an extra hour everyday dedicated to different sports based on demonstrated talent.
5. Federal Government University competition should be held in a yearly basis, at the secondary and tertiary levels. Parents with talented children should also demonstrate need in other to get talent based and need based scholarships. Every university will want to present the best competitors for the yearly competition, so it will be expected that selection will be handled with diligence.
6. Coaching clinics administered by expatriates should be held for Sports instructors. Trainings should include how to spot a talent and develop them.
7. By doing the above, school games will be attractive and corporate bodies will want to be involved in sponsoring yearly competitions. Every school will want to recruit the best because of the monetary benefit that it will bring.

Up Next: NFF side approach to the domestic league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:49pm On Nov 14, 2017
Mujtahida:

Amaju Pinnick is proposing that the window in March should be used by World Cup bound teams to prepare for the World Cup and that the Afcon qualifiers should be shifted to after the world cup. The Caf committee will meet next week or so

I feel the CAF qualifiers should still be in place.

Firstly, only 5 out of the about 54 CAF member nations would be taking part in the WC.

Secondly, the qualifiers are also useful test games for the WC bound teams.

Thirdly WC bound teams can use such games to cap their foreign groomed players in a bid to get them available for selection for the WC.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:55pm On Nov 14, 2017
MetalJigsaw:
Please name the players for me, I can't see their faces clearly.
Nwakaeme, Agbo, Musa and Kayode

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 2:57pm On Nov 14, 2017
safarigirl:
Nwakaeme, Agbo, Musa and Kayode
hmm I don't think Rohr will drop Musa.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:02pm On Nov 14, 2017
Icon4s:

I feel the CAF qualifiers should still be in place.

Firstly, only 5 out of the about 54 CAF member nations would be taking part in the WC.

Secondly, the qualifiers are also useful test games for the WC bound teams.

Thirdly WC bound teams can use such games to cap their foreign groomed players in a bid to get them available for selection for the WC.
it's just one game in March, we can use it to play a Costs Rica or South Korea, why use the window to play Seychelles?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:03pm On Nov 14, 2017
MetalJigsaw:
hmm I don't think Rohr will drop Musa.
the only reason Musa should go to Russia is if by some chance, we get drawn in the same group as Argentina grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:06pm On Nov 14, 2017
tbaba1234:
Reports from ANS and OGN suggest that Rohr might experiment with 3 at the back in a 3-4-2-1 formation.. Shehu and Aina are tipped to play as wing backs.

..............Akpeyi

Awaziem Balogun Ekong

Shehu Ogu Ndidi Aina

.........Mikel Iwobi

.............Kelechi

Interesting. But the question is why must he start Kelechi if he already knows his ability? If Kayode is played for only 20 minutes then I know there's an hidden agenda against him because I do not why he invited him in the first and not play him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:11pm On Nov 14, 2017
grin
forgiveness:

Interesting. But the question is why must he start Kelechi if he already knows his ability? If Kayode is played for only 20 minutes then I know there's an hidden agenda against him because I do not why he invited him in the first and not play him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 3:15pm On Nov 14, 2017
Firstly "lol"..i was going to just ignore wen I saw ur forgiveness +kayode... But den I. Realised dat u have a point however strangely put... I think we can have atleast 6subs so we should see Brian, kayode, and ebuehi play today at d very least, so calm down, with d conspiracy theories grin
forgiveness:

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:17pm On Nov 14, 2017
so 3-4-3 it is alas? Okay o.. make we look am.

Sunnypa11:
Line up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 3:20pm On Nov 14, 2017
Official line up

3-5-2 something grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2099) (2100) (2101) (2102) (2103) (2104) (2105) ... (16247) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ginistev, LoverOfPussy, TheGoodJoe(m), foxman04, Danielnino00(m), Mujtahida and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.