Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,667 members, 7,851,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:11 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11870887 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2141) (2142) (2143) (2144) (2145) (2146) (2147) ... (16251) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:11pm On Nov 16, 2017
Danielnino00:

Moses on the bench??
u are joking right? grin grin
Read my post again and carefully.

My point is the only role suitable for that formation for Moses is wingback or nothing. Becase it has no room for wingers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:20pm On Nov 16, 2017
PDPGuy:

Peru is in South America, whilst Costa Rica is in Central America
I know but as far as FIfA is concerned, there is nothing like Central America because there are only two WC qualifying outlet in America: CONCACAF and CONMEBOL so both Peru and Costarica probably qualified from the same outlet so they can't be in the same group unless one from CONCACAF and the other from CONMEBOL, that North and South America. understand
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:25pm On Nov 16, 2017
junnyjake:

But should have been.
Nope, not necessary because he was a central midfielder not attacker.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:26pm On Nov 16, 2017
forgiveness:

You see why I am angry with Rohr, huh? With just a dead rubber game the man refused to cap Ebuehi once and for all.

It is up to Ebuehi. If he wants to play for us, he waits and gets cap. If he wants to play for Netherlands, he has our blessings. We need those who want to represent us and I hope Ebuehi does too.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:29pm On Nov 16, 2017
komekn:

I am at pains to say this after more than a decade of involvement with British football.

There has been a paradigm shift in English football. For the first time in recorded history England won both the U20 and U17 World cups.

But the most pronounced and dramatically different thing about these teams was Black boys were about 70% of the team. In the Final of the U20 three Nigerian origin players scored all the goals. There is a change of cultural dynamics which includes race hither unknown before.

They made the wrong move in not supporting thier Father Land. However, career wise it's way too early to tell.

Secondly, even if the had come to the SE there's no guarantee they will be in the squad to Russia.

Is that the same welcome that was given to Sone Aluko, Anichebe and Hope Akpan. Considering how they were treated and thier refusal to show loyalty and homage with settlement.
Now tell me, which team offers them more opportunity between the SE and the English.

About Aluko and co, would they make the English team either?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:31pm On Nov 16, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

It is up to Ebuehi. If he wants to play for us, he waits and gets cap. If he wants to play for Netherlands, he has our blessings. We need those who want to represent us and I hope Ebuehi does too.

Ebuehi will play for Nigeria for many years if fit.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:31pm On Nov 16, 2017
DrKlever:
It was Spain(Ramos) that scored two penalties not Russia.
But Russia scored a penalty.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:32pm On Nov 16, 2017
Truidstar:

Am not saying we are flattered by the ranking. We deserve it. Just saying we should be humble and keep our head down. Let's fly under the radar. We will surprise a lot of people, even ourselves.
I totally agree.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:33pm On Nov 16, 2017
daveP:
lol. Only Tammy I can say looks good. Solanke plays well but I don't see him benching Nada in the English team. That league has a hell of a hype o. If Nacho were English, we for dey hear Neymar comparisms.

Is Lukaku English yet he is accorded unquestionable respect and accolades as possibly the best striker in the premiership.

Was Drogba English but he is regarded as a legend in the EPL and in Chelsea.

Thierry Henry is not English he even has a statue in his honor at Highbury.

Is Ngolo Kante English voted best player in the EPL by his fellow professionals.

Was JJay Oyibo but they never stop talking about him in the EPL. Was Kanu, Yakubu English or shall we talk of Gabriel, Sana, or Mane & Salah at Liverpool came from the Moon.

Mahrez that Leicester refused to sell is he not Algerian voted best African player in the EPL.

You may need like to be woken up very abruptly from your delusion, KC has not performed in the EPL that's why he is not even in the top 20. Since he left Manchester city his rating has dived. He needs to start performing at Leicester the good thing he is still performing for the SE but in the SE it's a different matter.

As it stands Tammy and Solanke are ahead of him and if they were in the SE there is no guarantee he would have displaced them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:35pm On Nov 16, 2017
Mujtahida:

35 man list would be first invited and then it would be pruned down to 23. How I wish it's 25 not 23
That would be better... I can't wait for the draws.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:40pm On Nov 16, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

what are you saying oga goodjoe...
rohr messed up a little...
why not cap this guy in one of the competitive matches...even against Cameroon first leg match when we already won leading by 4 goals to nil...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 5:00pm On Nov 16, 2017
Looooolll...my tammy,sori tummy hurts from laffing so hard. cheesy he wasn't talking respect earned in d English League... He was talking hype given to English players generally.
2tins I wanna bet on.. 1-solanke will Neva play for us... 2-he myt be a beta striker in ur eyes... But he will Neva ,ND can Neva bench iheanacho in d current SE setup..... If u want us to place a wager, I de with u... No need for plenty analysis now. If he ends up playing for us u win d first wager... ND if in doing so he displaces iheanacho,u win d second.... Are u ready
komekn:

Is Lukaku English yet he is accorded unquestionable respect and accolades as possibly the best striker in the premiership.

Is Ngolo Kante English voted best player in the EPL by his fellow professionals.

Was JJay Oyibo but they never stop talking about him in the EPL. Was Kanu, Yakubu English or shall we talk of Gabriel, Sana, or Mane & Salah at Liverpool came from the Moon.

Mahrez that Leicester refused to sell is he not Algerian voted best African player in the EPL.

You may need like to be woken up very abruptly from your delusion, KC has not performed in the EPL that's why he is not even in the top 20. Since he left Manchester city his rating has dived. He needs to start performing at Leicester the good thing he is still performing for the SE but in the SE it's a different matter.

As it stands Tammy and Solanke are ahead of him and if they were in the SE there is no guarantee he would have displaced them.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:00pm On Nov 16, 2017
komekn:

All you said is the truth. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:06pm On Nov 16, 2017
Humility017:

why not cap this guy in one of the competitive matches...even against Cameroon first leg match when we already won leading by 4 goals to nil...

Abeg, leave Joe alone. One day em go tell him love say, if you want to marry me, marry me but if you want another sugar bobi, you have my blessings. Chai! grin

Na dat day we go know say d goodjoe fit turn badjoe. Chai! grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 5:06pm On Nov 16, 2017
Truidstar:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/nov/16/world-cup-russia-power-rankings-32-qualifiers

Nigeria is ranked 7 out of 32. Na wa o. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here ooo. Let's be humble.
Haha.. See set up na, an English media outlet ranking SE as the 7th strongest team heading to the world Cup, ahead of England?

Can't be arsed though, this is all just a ploy to take away the underdog tag from us, everyteam will face us with the utmost level of seriousness now. angry

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:07pm On Nov 16, 2017
Humility017:

I do not see it as a messed up decision because if Ebuehi wants to play for us, he will wait and get capped. I hope he does want to represent us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dannyxy(m): 5:11pm On Nov 16, 2017
Some people and panic button ehn grin grin

Dem don dey fear, say ebuehi go just leave a Nigeria team going to "world cup", and join a Netherland team that is not going to world cup..
A team of individuals with whom he has formed a brotherly bond with.. Just like that

Kai.. Make Una go take one bottle of cold beer, chop indomie join..

That boy ain't going where..

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:18pm On Nov 16, 2017
forgiveness:

Abeg, leave Joe alone. One day em go tell him love say, if you want to marry me, marry me but if you want sugar bobi, you have my blessings. Chai! grin

Na dat day we go know say d goodjoe fit turn badjoe. Chai! grin

Actually, I dated a lovely and pretty lady who came to me and told me she wanted to leave me for another guy. I kissed her forehead and gave her my blessings. "I hope he does make you happy." Then I left her house.

Months later, she called me asking why despite of my deep love for her, I did not fight to keep her. My reply was simple. "I wanted someone who wants to stay with me with all her heart. Not someone I will fight to keep her love."

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:20pm On Nov 16, 2017
tbaba1234:

Ebuehi will play for Nigeria for many years if fit.

I believe so too.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 5:21pm On Nov 16, 2017
MetalJigsaw:
Without a striker? please explain further.
Their precise roles, like Iwobia as CM or AM or both him and MIKEL as AM?
Iheanacho as the main striker,Iwobi as AM,Mikel as CM,Ndidi as DM, V.Moses to play free role up front focus more on LW and RW.
the strategy have to practiced and mastered before adopting it

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 5:21pm On Nov 16, 2017
Icon4s:

Ok. Decided to wait till tomorrow before taking it to NFF and Ibitoye's handle just in case some late suggestions would fly in.

But I will create a thread for it on nairaland now. We may also get more suggestions from the wider generality.

Thanks for your inputs

I'm not sure you added one of Goldfish's point, that one about camping in Russia early.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 5:26pm On Nov 16, 2017
forgiveness:

bros, forget. A fit MOses Odubanjo is number one on my list. He is too good.

I might have to beam my lights on him then.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:28pm On Nov 16, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Actually, I dated a lovely and pretty lady who came to me and told me she wanted to leave me for another guy. I kissed her forehead and gave her my blessings. "I hope he does make you happy." Then I left her house.

Months later, she called me asking why despite of my deep love for her, I did not fight to keep her. My reply was simple. "I wanted someone who wants to stay with me with all her heart. Not someone I will fight to keep her love."

Thegoodjoe baba, I throway salute ooo. grin

Em but em. Sorry, to say dis, you don't love her as Christ love the church and gave his life. Gbam! grin

Make dat girl run throway for you else, em go regret. grin

Anyway, we love Ebuehi and we must demonstrate that love to him, which in turn will be reciprocated by him after he perceives. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 5:28pm On Nov 16, 2017
Mujtahida:

I'll look for this Billions. I like it already. Sounds like Any given Sunday starring Al Pacino (one of my favourite. Not watched the movie sha but I've read reviews and it's an old movie too)

It's actually a series. I download it though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:29pm On Nov 16, 2017
My brothers, I just watched the match again for the third time. See, I know we've hammered this issue before but forget it:this FB have added their own uniqueness to our game which is sharpness. The Nigerian guys bring the flair and African rhythm.

Iwobi's passing is deadly, very deadly.
Abeg, all those who say Iheanacho has no speed have been unfair to him. Dude has good pace. Not blistering as goodjoe would say but very good pace.

Ogu played as the LMF and brought a lot of balance in the midfield with his tackling, aerial clearances and passes. We really need Joel Obi who is left footed. Our strength lies too much on the right hand side and it's not good enough. We must develop the left side of our game.

Apart from his goals Idowu didn't add much to the attack but he shut down Pavon unlike Ebuehi who was moving back and forth with Di Maria inside his pocket. I doubt if he can keep up the energy that such hardwork requires for 90 minutes.

Finally here's a piece from the commentator after Iwobi scored the fourth goal.
Iwobiiiiiiiii, through the legs of Mascherano - what an outstanding goal that is. He's got a second and Nigeria got a fourth. What a touch of genius from the Arsenal man. Astonishing scoreline, from two goals down now it's four two. Ahmed Musa with the pass and look at this from Iwobi, nutmegging Mascherano and firing high up into the net. Outstanding individual goal

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 5:37pm On Nov 16, 2017
SerVik:

Haha.. See set up na, an English media outlet ranking SE as the 7th strongest team heading to the world Cup, ahead of England?

Can't be arsed though, this is all just a ploy to take away the underdog tag from us, everyteam will face us with the utmost level of seriousness now. angry
Oh! so its an English site.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:38pm On Nov 16, 2017
Mujtahida:
My brothers, I just watched the match again for the third time. See, I know we've hammered this issue before but forget it:this FB have added their own uniqueness to our game which is sharpness. The Nigerian guys bring the flair and African rhythm.

Abeg, all those who say Iheanacho has no speed have been unfair to him. Dude has good pace. Not blistering as goodjoe would say but very good pace.

Ogu played as the LMF and brought a lot of balance in the midfield with his tackling, aerial clearances and passes. We really need Joel Obi who is left footed. Our strength lies too much on the right hand side and it's not good enough. We must develop the left side of our game.

Apart from his goals Idowu didn't add much to the attack but he shut down Pavon unlike Ebuehi who was moving back and forth with Di Maria inside his pocket. I doubt if he can keep up the energy that such hardwork requires for 90 minutes.

Iwobiiiiiiiii, through the legs of Mascherano - what an outstanding goal that is. He's got a second and Nigeria got a fourth. What a touch of genius from the Arsenal many. Astonishing scoreline, from two goals down now it's four two. Ahmed Musa with the pass and look at this from Iwobi, nutmegging Mascherano and firing high up into the net. Outstanding individual goal

Did you see how high up, Idowu was for the Second and 3rd goal? His willingness to go forward helped the attack. Iheanacho miscontrolled the ball for the 3rd goal but he was there in a flash.

We were not really attacking from the left. Ogu did not offer the kind of energy that ndidi was offering on the right. Ogu did very well though. Kept things simple.

Argentina also seemed to focus a lot of their attacks on Ebuehi. He was just keeping everyone in his pocket.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:40pm On Nov 16, 2017
tbaba1234:

Did you see how high up, Idowu was for the Second and 3rd goal? His willingness to go forward helped the attack. Iheanacho miscontrolled the ball for the 3rd goal but he was there in a flash.

We were not really attacking from the left. Ogu did not offer the kind of energy that ndidi was offering on the right. Ogu did very well though. Kept things simple.

Argentina also seemed to focus a lot of their attacks on Ebuehi. He was just keeping everyone in his pocket.

Points noted. We really need to perfect this strategy for teams that play possession football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:42pm On Nov 16, 2017
Some people wey say make we no try d 3-5-2 formation don dey swallow dem saliver. Kkkkkk grin

However, Rohr should not rely only on 3-5-2 because it worked against Argentina ooo.

I believe Argentina never expected us to play that formation. So, it was like a surprise to dem.

We should perfect our 4-3-3 first then examine the 3-5-2 again in another friendly. 3-4-3 should also be tested.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 5:46pm On Nov 16, 2017
Mujtahida:

Iwobiiiiiiiii, through the legs of Mascherano - what an outstanding goal that is. He's got a second and Nigeria got a fourth. What a touch of genius from the Arsenal many. Astonishing scoreline, from two goals down now it's four two. Ahmed Musa with the pass and look at this from Iwobi, nutmegging Mascherano and firing high up into the net. Outstanding individual goal
please how can I get the video from you. I didn't watch the match from the start.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:46pm On Nov 16, 2017
forgiveness:

Thegoodjoe baba, I throway salute ooo. grin

Em but em. Sorry, to say dis, you don't love her as Christ love the church and gave his life. Gbam! grin

Make dat girl run throway for you else, em go regret. grin

Anyway, we love Ebuehi and we must demonstrate that love to him, which in turn will be reciprocated by him after he perceives. grin

Christ love for us is not boyfriend and girlfriend love. Who loves a girl like Jesus Christ loves us? Lol. Do not break my ribs with laugh. The kind of love you are talking about is Sister in the Lord love. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2017
MetalJigsaw:
please how can I get the video from you. I didn't watch the match from the start.
Go to page 2125 on this thread. You'd see it posted by joseph1013.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2141) (2142) (2143) (2144) (2145) (2146) (2147) ... (16251) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mujtahida, twentyk(m), lovewins and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.