Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,285 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11754802 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2404) (2405) (2406) (2407) (2408) (2409) (2410) ... (16183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:51am On Dec 20, 2017
mazimee:
Iwobi is missing for both the line up and the bench. Together with Sanchez and Ozil, does that mean that our boy is being reserved for the weekend?

Yeah, I've noticed that Wenger loves playing him in big matches.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:53am On Dec 20, 2017
Icon79:
Bro, I didn't mean to be rude. I just don't like a situation where we always criticize or write off our players because "they are not working hard enough". I mean, how do you know that the only reason why they are not playing is because they are not working hard enough? Take Kelechi, for instance, this young man was getting decent playing in a star studded Mancity team, but went to Leicester City and suddenly can't get playing time any more? There's something wrong with that picture. And like I have always said, sometimes it doesn't always has to do with the player.

Romelu Lukaku was riding the pine at Chelsea under Mourinho and had to move to Everton to rehabilitate his game. And guess who came calling? The same Mourihno who had offloaded him at Chelsea!
Kevin DeBruyne was offloaded as not being good enough by Mourinho at Chelsea. He went back to Germany for a new start, and today the rest is history.
Juan Mata was offloaded from Chelsea by Mourinho ... he went to Man Utd and today he's the mainstay of Mourinho's team!
VicMo was technically a journeyman at Chelsea ... going from one loan to the other ... until Antonio Conte came, today we know better.
Olivier Giroud is always delivering for Arsene Wenger. But how come that he rarely ever starts a game?

And I can go on and on and on with examples, but I am sure that you got the message. There may be so many reasons why someone isn't playing in a team so, sometimes, we need to defer judgment on them. If a coach doesn't believe in you then

O pari

It's alright bro. We can all learn from each other.

Although KC played quite well today. I believe his time will soon come. He just needs to keep on working hard.

Claude also needs to give him more playing time. He really needs a coach that believes in his potential and encourages him constantly

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:15am On Dec 20, 2017
Did England call him up to keep him away from us? yes. BUT WAS THAT THE MAIN CRITERIA? NO.

My point is Tammy earned it, coming from his very good start in the EPL and his wonderful run the Championship the previous season, and he earned it in the U21s. He earned it especially at a time that Southgate didn't only want to promote youth but also had some casualties (think Solanke's invitation as well) in the team.
It's seems we are in a pro-youth era (of course those that back it up with performance).These youth's will have a chance to fight for a place. But will they be giving a nod to make the train to Russia ONLY because they are young, capital no!

1000 people can click like to what you have to say, but that won't make it the fact.. of course you are sentimental, and you've already admitted to that.. so there is no point going on with this. Nigerians can hate on Tammy. it's well understood.. I won't fault that. But when he performs, I will say it as it is. .When he hits a rough patch, I will say it as it is.. But if you say he was being hyped, that's like saying Iheanacho was being hyped. I'm sure you won't like that grin

safarigirl:
Solanke's case is similar to the Buy One Get One Free tactic, the English FA were moving for Tammy solely, then someone in the FA must have said

" Ay mait, what say we swoop in for that other Nigerian lad, what's his name?"

Komekn from the background grin "Solanke?"

"Yeah, that one. Been all over the Nigerian media too, we're going for Tammy, might as well cut them off on two sides"

Southgate "I don't think I need Solanke on my team"

"He doesn't have to be on your team, we just don't want either of them on the Nigerian team. Those bloody bastards got three of our guys already" he takes a bite from his muffin grin

And so, the regretful Solanke call-up happened. So sad my guy doesn't realise he's been royally played cry

That is the end of the story grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:36am On Dec 20, 2017
At age 25 Mohammed Salah's stats is SICK -- especially international stats.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:44am On Dec 20, 2017
Oga Chelsea won't have won the league without Moses.
It's just like saying Mikel wasn't critical for Chelsea in the past.
How many times did Mikel make Team of the Year?
Moses contributions wasn't very obvious but his role was critical, and it showed whenever he was not on the pitch.

If you want to make a case for Salah, make your case. You don't have to talk down on Moses, or try to reduce his contributions last season.

Modified.
In fact I retract my statement, Moses' contribution was very obvious. He was very instrumental when Chelsea switched to 3-4-3. That was when their long winning streak began, and from that point in time they took the lead and were uncatchable in the log.
What do you call that? That moniker that said he changed football, that was just an exaggeration.
But hey he was that critical to their success last season.

Jarus:

4 Chelsea players made PFA EPL 11. Moses did not. If he was that critical, he should make the list.

If he was that critical

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 3:32am On Dec 20, 2017
mazimee:
Nigeria FF boss questions Caf's Awards criteria after Moses snub
goal.com Dec 19, 2017 4:30 PM

I like that someone like the NFF president is talking about this. It shows that some of us would hold on to ours no matter what.

But, I didn't like that part he was questioning the inclusion of Aubameyang, that was low brother.

At least, this helps Moses see himself important to us.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:42am On Dec 20, 2017
Nacho couldn't register his name on the scoresheet yesternight..although he missed a an opportunity to draw level after gifting his opponents a goal.. sad (same ball control and footworks we ve been hammering )

With striker studed Leicester city,i doubt he will be giving another chance but I pray so

Meanwhile I think it's high time we put up the striking department as one of the areas to be looked upon because currently our strikers aren't performing at the highest level.
In the absence of these, i will personally clamour for a false nine formation where all our forwards are SS..

My oppinion thoor wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 4:55am On Dec 20, 2017
mazimee:
Nigeria FF boss questions Caf's Awards criteria after Moses snub
goal.com Dec 19, 2017 4:30 PM

Amaju Pinnick reckons the Super Eagles star performed very well in 2017 and should have made the final cut for the Player of the Year gong

Nigerian Football Federation president Amaju Pinnick believes Super Eagles attacker Victor Moses did just enough to deserve a spot on the final shortlist of nominees for the prestigious Caf African Player of the Year award.

The Chelsea winger was arguably the biggest of seven casualties as the continental football governing body announced its ultimate category nominees for the awards gala slated for January 4 in Accra on Monday.

The winger was seeking to become the first Nigerian to win the top honour since Nwankwo Kanu in 1999, after a largely successful 2017 campaign for club and country.

“I’m not happy because I feel that Moses should be part of the last three," Pinnick told Citi Sports.

"The only reason why [Riyad] Mahrez won the award last year was because of what he did with Leicester [City].

"And Moses helped Chelsea to win the league; played in the FA Cup final; and helped Nigeria qualify for the World Cup. So I wonder why."

Egypt international Mohamed Salah, 2015 winner Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang of Gabon and Senegal striker Sadio Mane made the final trio.

"I’m surprised. Maybe we should look at other criteria either than coaches who already have their mindset about who they want to vote for," Pinnick added.

"Tell me what Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang did last year to deserve a place ahead of Moses. Aubameyang should not be on that list. He’s struggling with [Borussia] Dortmund.”

“I am going to send a proposal to CAF for a new idea of selecting the players because certainly I’m not happy."

Moses also recently missed out on the BBC African Footballer of the Year award, a gong picked up by Liveroool's Salah.
Aubamayeng scored 31 in 32 games. He had a better season than Vic Moses. Why would he even compare Moses performance last season to that of Mahrez? Mahrez won player of the year and made team of the season.
Vic Mo was judged right. Top 5. Salah, Mane, Aubamayeng, Naby Keita were all better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:00am On Dec 20, 2017
Actually they already look in their early 20s lol
komekn please bookmark this.
tbaba1234:
Nigeria under 15 beat Pepsi academy 3:0

Posting these pictures because in the next under 17, these boys ages would be doubted..

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:05am On Dec 20, 2017
I really feel sorry for Nacho. He's in a very tight situation. Got injured at the start of the season, hasn't gotten the required run of games to regain sharpness and failed to grab the little opportunities that have come his way.
The competition in front of him makes things even more difficult. Dude has to get a loan out. It's difficult to judge him based on lil cameos here and there. He isn't going to bench Vardy or Okazaki anytime soon. Puel doesn't seen interested in him. He has to leave. This can't go on...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:33am On Dec 20, 2017
Did you know that Goalkeeper & Captain of the #U13 NFF Zenith Future Eagles champions, N/Central, Daniel Aiyenugba who saved two penalties for his side in the final is the son of @NGSuperEagles goalie Dele Aiyenugba

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:36am On Dec 20, 2017
tbaba1234:
Kelechi subbed.. decent display but could not get on the scoresheet.
Leicester fans are ripping him on Twitter. Some want him sold
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:45am On Dec 20, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
tbaba1234 please do you know the name of the No. 10 of the Nigerian U15 team?

No, he is familiar though (channel kids cup??)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:46am On Dec 20, 2017
edi287:

I don't think he was bad.. but i think he is not a top 9.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:48am On Dec 20, 2017
lol where did this one come from?

hardeycute:
1996?

You think I am happy Nigeria is depriving the talents u17 age chance at World stage.

Some countries are also guilty of this act
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:50am On Dec 20, 2017
dude.. keep posting and be ignored.. you will have no option than to post where you belong.
I doubt if you even have a birth certificate..

hardeycute:
Tch

I come here often to witness 'Theatre of Absurd' here.

Mostly People with unrealistic views and illogical opinions and you can't tell me where and where not to post

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:52am On Dec 20, 2017
I knew he was one of those EPL die hard mumus..

PurpleHouse:

thank you very much. You just shot yourself in the foot and agreed to my points. Everything else you wrote is T.R.A.S.H personified!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 5:55am On Dec 20, 2017
tbaba1234:

I don't think he was bad.. but i think he is not a top 9.

This is something we've saying quite Long. Iheanacho ain't a bad Player, but he's ain't a quality Striker. He made it into limelight not by playing as a Striker, but as a 10.

I still believe in him, and hopefully expecting him to become better Player by switching Role to SS or AM. He has wicked Shots in his left Leg. He can shoot and score from outside Box 18". He has good vision for making timely decisive Passes.

Iheanacho ain't helped by Pep, he's in the same Case with Mikel under Mourinho.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enigmaticmotik(m): 5:59am On Dec 20, 2017
Jarus:
Roma player of the season 16/17 = Salah

Dortmund player of the season 16/17 = Aubameyang

Liverpool player of the season 16/17 = Mane

Let Moses win best player in his team first before comparing with the guys.

Guy, would they have won it in a team that has Hazard and Kante?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:11am On Dec 20, 2017
Ex Nigeria U17 Goalkeeper Udoh Wins Another Man Of The Match Award In Israel
December 18, 2017

Former Nigeria U17 goalkeeper Akpan Udoh was once again voted the man of the match for his Israeli side Bnei Sakhnin Fc in their 2-1 win over Kiryat Shmona in the youth league in Israel.

Udoh stopped a penalty in the game to help his team pick up all three points, in what was the fourth straightforward league game he has played for the youth team.

Already he has joined the first team in training this season, thanks to his impressive performance between the sticks since his move to Israel two months ago.

The goalkeeper who was in goal for the 2015 Nigeria U17 team that won the World Youth Championship in Chile moved to Israel thanks to the efforts of Israeli agent David Ouziel.

A part of the Nigerian U20 team that failed to qualify for the African Youth Championship last year, but the 18 year old is still eligible to feature for Nigeria at the same level.

--OGN

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:18am On Dec 20, 2017
All these boys be secretly wishing we made a move on them grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Loogan(m): 6:43am On Dec 20, 2017
komekn:

Before you lower the tone of this discourse, let me bring to your notice some of the principles that underpin the nature of football.

Firstly, you are only as good as your last game what gives you indisputable quality is continous consistent performances over time.

Pep eventually benched and let KC go because he was simply not as good as Aguero, Gabriel, Sana and Raheem only the best will do for Pep no second best.

He Pep has been vindicated.

When Demarai Grey was forgotten and left out by Shakespeare he knuckled down and kept working. New manager and new opportunity and in his first game he was overwhelmingly outstanding and very rightly got the MOTM. He is now one of the first names on the team sheet.

KC has had enough opportunities but he has failed to step up. When a club like Leicester pay near £30 million pounds for a striker to lead the attack. You are not a youth player you must hit the ground running NO EXCUSES.

As it is you are making excuses for the inexcusable, I know you are very emotive but objectivity is required here not just blind support.
You sha, you will bring every point in this world just to specially undermine Nigeria players.The only reason man city let him go was because iheanacho was the top goalscorer at the time for Nigeria in our qualifying series, it's only natural we clamor for game time for him, which apparently pep could see with his eyes that the boy deserved game time, so leave that "Found Wanting" tag you always push up, ur so comical with your comments sometimes I find it hard to believe your constantly in a football environment, just because of the bias you put in your comments. people in football should never be biased.
Oga if you are only has good as your last game guys like bony before he came back to form, loic remy, januzaj, depay at Man U, Luke Shaw, Danny ings, invanovic lastly Falcao at Man U and Chelsea would never get another chance at the top level again, but they will because they have history and experience, you can never ignore that!
Your arguments are so flawed, under Shakespeare gray was a regular coming in as a substitute, you are making it look like the guy was completely frozen out of the team.
Oga man city did not beg anyone to buy KC if anything they wanted to keep him and continue his development that's how Good he was. Now I'm sure you know liecester were not the only team in EUROPE after him, the only way they got him was coz they paid top cash and even agreed to a buy back clause an average liecester fan knows they are lucky to have a player of iheanachos quality, FACT! So when you talk about his price tag please give this guy some respect because he deserves it! has not spent up to 6 months and you want to crucify him. lots of teams have had worse deals, the Great English academy system that produces Andy carrol the almighty Liverpool flop, or you think Man U have got thier returns on the money spent on Shaw? If not for Pep, even the English were starting to accept sterling was one of those countless overhyped wingers, or has chambers done anything in his arsenal career? Were all of these guys not big money transfers? And they didn't hit the ground running with all fees surpassing 30mil pounds so save it.
See it simple just let us know you are a Nigerian that loves and support the British NT, it would help understand why you say the things you say. You say success is a waste pipe a player Marcos Silva rates highly but you want us to invite aneke, aluko, onyedinma who are in lower leagues to the SE are they not his mate? Have they not been in the English system all thier lives? So what's the excuse why are they overlooked by major epl clubs for a waste pipe Isaac success? Oga try and be more open minded.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enigmaticmotik(m): 6:46am On Dec 20, 2017
Icon79:
Gary Cahill was the weakest link in Chelsea defence line last season. He was so poor that people like me started questioning how he became Chelsea's captain. Is it because he plays for England? Well, your guess is as good as mine.

Dele Alli had a fantastic season but to compare him with Kevin DeBruyne is ridiculous.

Alexis Sanchez is a more complete footballer than Harry Kane. There's no contest.

I never made a case that Moses ought to be included in the list, simply because I knew that Kyle Walker was the best RB in EPL last season.

O pari

He was the second worst player after Alonzo (in terms of their defensive capabilities).

I guess Chelsea/EPL don't like a black captain (not an assistant), same way Chelsea treated Babayaro for Terry to get the captain's band, but they were more diplomatic this time about giving it to Cahill, so they had to keep Mikel out of the team instead because the guy was still performing but wasn't even given a playing chance by conte at all. Is Mikel really that bad?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Loogan(m): 6:51am On Dec 20, 2017
safarigirl:
the Nigerian must always be blamed because he's the easy target. The best part is, his country men will always support any attack on him smiley
This is what I fail to understand about Nigerians, we just never like seeing ourselves progress.
Every other country even when thier players have terrible matches still support them fiercely. But in all my life of watching Chelsea matches mikel was the most insulted player on the pitch after him Cahill then Ivanovic before he left, imagine we insulting our own even more than the foreigners. Infiority complex and in bitterness is the way Nigerians live.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enigmaticmotik(m): 6:56am On Dec 20, 2017
Icon79:
Listen, your 2 cents is worth absolutely NOTHING! Nada!! Fadin!!! OK??!

Let me ask you a question. Were you born lame and cripple at the same time? So why not put on your soccer booths and head straight to Europe so you can play since the ones doing the job are not getting it done? Please enough of all these negative vibes!

And don't let me get angry because you won't like my reaction. This is a friendly warning!

O pari

Calm down man, are you going to beat him from where you are? He his entitled to his opinion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:59am On Dec 20, 2017
Joebie:
Did England call him up to keep him away from us? yes. BUT WAS THAT THE MAIN CRITERIA? NO.

My point is Tammy earned it, coming from his very good start in the EPL and his wonderful run the Championship the previous season, and he earned it in the U21s. He earned it especially at a time that Southgate didn't only want to promote youth but also had some casualties (think Solanke's invitation as well) in the team.
It's seems we are in a pro-youth era (of course those that back it up with performance).These youth's will have a chance to fight for a place. But will they be giving a nod to make the train to Russia ONLY because they are young, capital no!

1000 people can click like to what you have to say, but that won't make it the fact.. of course you are sentimental, and you've already admitted to that.. so there is no point going on with this. Nigerians can hate on Tammy. it's well understood.. I won't fault that. But when he performs, I will say it as it is. .When he hits a rough patch, I will say it as it is.. But if you say he was being hyped, that's like saying Iheanacho was being hyped. I'm sure you won't like that grin

Is it Tammy you are talking of or Solanke? Because nothing in my post says Tammy didn't earn his call-up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:02am On Dec 20, 2017
edi287:

maybe he should get sold then so they can go back to ripping Okazaki

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:06am On Dec 20, 2017
Daejoyoung:

But this is true, sentiments aside. We know the 3-5-3 formation is not new, but it's now much more popular than ever before all thanks to Conte's Chelsea, and Moses was key as that overlapping wingback in such a system.
l have also heard English analysts call him the best RWB in the world. This may be true ONLY/ ESPECIALLY when referring to that 3-5-3 formation.
Pls are you talking of EPL or football in general cos i will never accept "MOSES changed FOOTBALL" or Conte made 3-5-2 popular in the world of football cos this formation was even more popular in the Bundesliga so why the hype as if the formation is new to football.

Mind you English pundits are free to say anything cos i don't take them serious due to over exaggeration.I don't think Bundesliga or LA liga would praise Conte to the extent of saying he brought something unique in 3-5-2 formation that has been in vogue for so many years.

Mind you am a great Chelsea fan since 80s
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:14am On Dec 20, 2017
Joebie:
At age 25 Mohammed Salah's stats is SICK -- especially international stats.
Kelechi's International Stats will probably look like that after 56 Caps.

19 games for Chelsea and 2 goals.... He must have been exceptionally useless for them back then.....makes you wonder what some of the Kelechi detractors must have said of him back then....the same ones praising him today must have laughed at him then and said how much of a waste of money he is. Papers would have called him a flop and Chelsea fans on Twitter must have called for his head

But Time changes all things, just like time changed the downward spiral of Moses' career and elevated Salah back to that Premier league he must have had nightmares of from his last experience

I wonder how many Egyptians tossed him aside back then.....

Goes to show, pesin wey good good, they may have hindrances and may not always show their class because of some circumstances, but doesn't mean they are gone forever.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daejoyoung: 7:22am On Dec 20, 2017
safarigirl:
another unnecessarily emotional Nigerian whipping up sentiments

Please, can some of the lead defense counsels compile their points as to the reason for Moses' exclusion and send them to Pinnick before he sends in a proposal?
Lol, l have said it before that Moses deserves to be third ahead of Abumeyang this time, because he had more positive games for club and country(just like Sallah and Mane) but someone here argued Abumeyang should be there because he was top scorer in the German league.
l don't think that is good enough, but l know the sentiments involved in these selections. Abumeyang is already believed to be top thirty in the World, and so CAF award must have him there, neglecting the fact that this is an African award.
l also remember there was a time an Egyptian should have won it in 2010, due to his outstanding performance for both Egypt and Al Ahly(the best African club) then but it was given to Adebayo, solely because he was top scorer for Arsenal(not that Arsenal could even win the epl) then but still we call it an African award and anyone who disagrees is simply sentimental (what an irony).

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 7:23am On Dec 20, 2017
Kog45:
There is need for our players to learn from KANU Nwankwo or else they would continue to fail to win APOTY.

Pls check Kanu' s career as a player and analyse how he was so highly rated,if care is not taking you get confused cos his record with Super eagles wasn't impressive and even his club sides can be debated but the guy was always on the news cos he always seized the opportunity the moment he find himself in any big match and do wonder that cannot be erased in the world of football

KANU won his first Africa best due to his magical performance against Brazil in Atlanta and won his second African best due to his great hat trick against Chelsea though he had some other outstanding matches but the Chelsea one was a great feat that cannot be ignored.

There is need for our players to tell the outside world that they are not Nigeria player alone but World rated player,pls check out Aubemayang rating,this is world respected striker and Sallah is going that way too.

Remember being the best is not enough to win it,Okocha failed to win it and average Victor Ikpeba won it with his exploit with Monaco despite not even a regular with super eagles.Emma Amuneke won it too but only Yekini won it due to his super eagles performance.

I don't think CAF is biased with strong presence of Amaju as executive member but Nigeria players just need to repackage themselves as a world beater cos consistency matter a lot.Mind you if not for Toure Mikel would have won it in 2013 cos we had only him and Toure that year,remember Enyeama too

Truly very saddened not to see Victor Moses in the last shortlisted three best players,not a good development for our football.

Lolzzzzz. Excellent analysis. Except that e get k-leg small

The problem I have with all of these is when the rules change, you wont be here to defend it and clearly show us what really happened. I never wanted to comment on this APOTY but i think I have had enough! Left to me, the award is a popularity contest. Its no longer about contributions to the world of football. Even your analysis says it all.

This is why when you watch talent shows, absurd people win in a ridiculous manner that befuddles the mind. And still we will have some weird way of explaining it away.

All the goals Okocha scored in the EPL nko? Werent they enough for him to be named APOTY? Ever since he left bolton wanderers, what has become of them? You wanna know? They wandered throungh lower tier leagues. At least he was named BBC African footballer twice. Where was all this recognition in Caf? So my friend, this analysis sweet as it sounds, is still a biased one.

If Caf wants to put things right, it shouldnt be about exploits in European leagues. The parameters need to be a lot more clearer and not on sentimental speculation of international rating. And certainly also not on goal scoring prowess. End of story!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:51am On Dec 20, 2017
kennysville:

Lolzzzzz. Excellent analysis. Except that e get k-leg small

The problem I have with all of these is when the rules change, you wont be here to defend it and clearly show us what really happened. I never wanted to comment on this APOTY but i think I have had enough! Left to me, the award is a popularity contest. Its no longer about contributions to the world of football. Even your analysis says it all.

This is why when you watch talent shows, absurd people win in a ridiculous manner that befuddles the mind. And still we will have some weird way of explaining it away.

All the goals Okocha scored in the EPL nko? Werent they enough for him to be named APOTY? Ever since he left bolton wanderers, what has become of them? You wanna know? They wandered throungh lower tier leagues. At least he was named BBC African footballer twice. Where was all this recognition in Caf? So my friend, this analysis sweet as it sounds, is still a biased one.

If Caf wants to put things right, it shouldnt be about exploits in European leagues. The parameters need to be a lot more clearer and not on sentimental speculation of international rating. And certainly also not on goal scoring prowess. End of story!
double post

(1) (2) (3) ... (2404) (2405) (2406) (2407) (2408) (2409) (2410) ... (16183) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: comodo, Towbaba500(m), Zellas, Nomyth, dymusty86 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.