Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,509 members, 7,850,761 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:33 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2438) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11867224 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2435) (2436) (2437) (2438) (2439) (2440) (2441) ... (16250) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:06am On Dec 25, 2017
Humility017:

what has aluko done this season?
it should be clear to you...that aluko will likely not make the world cup party....
And you believe Sokari would make it? Aluko has done enough to warrant invitation. He's cunny with the ball and fears no opponent. Rohr has 19 already. so i guess some of these names will have to struggle to be in the "fantastic four"!

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:13am On Dec 25, 2017
Icon4s:

Forget about time past.

We are talking of the present.

Are we presenting a team of time past or present in Russia?

You even said you have watched Sokari in time past. I may presume you are referring to the 2015 U20 WC and 2015 AAG.

Looking at the current crop of midfielders in the team, what can Sokari bring to the table that will be better than what the current crop can bring?
You cannot just conclude that Solari is better than Mikel Agu and Joel Obi when he, Sokari himself, is not tested at that level. The gulf in class between Joel Obi and Kingsley Sokari is just too much. If there is any other midfielder out there that deserves a call or recall ahead of Russia it is Joel Obi.

Kingsley Sokari is not a Super Eagles material. You can quote me any where.
I agree wit you...that Joel Obi is top class ahead when he is injury free and fit to play he has my nod....
but I will prefer sokari to ogu and agu anyday anytime...

sokari has better ball control and passing skills than the two above....we need a midfielder that can not only shoot from the midfield but can also create chances for the forward lines
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:25am On Dec 25, 2017
Humility017:

I agree wit you...that Joel Obi is top class ahead when he is injury free and fit to play he has my nod....
but I will prefer sokari to ogu and agu anyday anytime...

sokari has better ball control and passing skills than the two above....we need a midfielder that can not only shoot from the midfield but can also create chances for the forward lines

You see the problem from your last paragraph is what I have been arguing against. Where and when did you watch Sokari to come to this conclusion?

You said you have not really watched him play in the Tunisian league. Was it from his U20 performance? Because if na that one then players like Musa Yahaya and Taiwo Awoniyi too should be called na.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:27am On Dec 25, 2017
Icon4s:

You see the problem from your last paragraph is what I have been arguing against. Where and when did you watch Sokari to come to this conclusion?

You said you have not really watched him play in the Tunisian league. Was it from his U20 performance? Because if na that one then players like Musa Yahaya and Taiwo Awoniyi too should be called na.
sir...you talking as if...getting this clips and match hightlights is a difficult tasks...

I make do wit YouTube all the time...not just watch him..but his team in a while...

the boy should be invited and let's see what he has to offer.....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:32am On Dec 25, 2017
Icon4s:

Kingsley Sokari....One of the most disliked players on this thread. Hahahaha.

What was his sin?

He benched Kelechi Iheanacho at the 2015 U20.
lol....the failed U20 World Cup? He must not have been very efficient then grin

Anyway, I barely remember that tournament, even less him cuz I didn't watch it. I just don't like that he looks like Oritsefemi

Meanwhile, how did he miss out on the CAF 30-man APOTY list for Africa-based players if he is as great as that Tunisian fan says?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 9:42am On Dec 25, 2017
Merry Christmas!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:43am On Dec 25, 2017
Humility017:

what has aluko done this season?
it should be clear to you...that aluko will likely not make the world cup party....
and neither will Sokari, I regret to inform you now

See as you even quickly drop Ogu on top Joel Obi that has not even be rumoured to be a prospect. See, that March game is key for anyone that has plans to go to Russia, so if you no see your name for that list in March, na to go soak chaplet for water because your chances of making the WC will be 15% tops.

I don talk am before, dropping integrated players for people that are yet to be tested under Rohr is an extreme move. Even leas for those that we are not sure Rohr is even considering
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:46am On Dec 25, 2017
Humility017:

sir...you talking as if...getting this clips and match hightlights is a difficult tasks...

I make do wit YouTube all the time...not just watch him..but his team in a while...

YouTube can make anybody look good, even Agbim grin

BTW, Merry Christmas To This Wonderful Super Eagles Fans Family

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:46am On Dec 25, 2017
safarigirl:
lol....the failed U20 World Cup? He must not have been very efficient then grin

Anyway, I barely remember that tournament, even less him cuz I didn't watch it. I just don't like that he looks like Oritsefemi

Meanwhile, how did he miss out on the CAF 30-man APOTY list for Africa-based players if he is as great as that Tunisian fan says?

Bia this woman, looks don't play football. Handsome or ugly, as long as you are good with ur legs and brains, then u r good to go. Everybody must not look like Ekong and Awaziem. Kante comes to mind, Pogba too... Ugly dudes, doing magic with the their legs.

Seriously that point "CAF APOTY" is a salient one. I'm pondering over it already. If he doesn't move to France this January, then the media is just being hyperbolic

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:48am On Dec 25, 2017
ChrisKels:

Bia this woman, looks don't play football. Handsome or ugly, as long as you are good with ur legs and brains, then u r good to go. Everybody must not look like Ekong and Awaziem. Kante comes to mind, Pogba too... Ugly dudes, doing magic with the their legs.

Seriously that point "CAF APOTY" is a salient one. I'm pondering over it already. If he doesn't move to France this January, then the media is just being hyperbolic
if we can find better-looking people that are good with their legs and brains, why settle for Oritsefemi? grin

Which France e wan move to? Make we dey look now, January is only but a week away
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 9:50am On Dec 25, 2017
CHAN is next month!

Need answers/clarification on eligible players for the competition. Is it meant for players only playing within a qualified nation or any player anywhere within the African continent?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 9:53am On Dec 25, 2017
daveP:
And you believe Sokari would make it? Aluko has done enough to warrant invitation. He's cunny with the ball and fears no opponent. Rohr has 19 already. so i guess some of these names will have to struggle to be in the "fantastic four"!
na you understand the matter wey de on ground.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:55am On Dec 25, 2017
safarigirl:
and neither will Sokari, I regret to inform you now

See as you even quickly drop Ogu on top Joel Obi that has not even be rumoured to be a prospect. See, that March game is key for anyone that has plans to go to Russia, so if you no see your name for that list in March, na to go soak chaplet for water because your chances of making the WC will be 15% tops.

I don talk am before, dropping integrated players for people that are yet to be tested under Rohr is an extreme move. Even leas for those that we are not sure Rohr is even considering

"Invite this person", " Call that person ".
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:57am On Dec 25, 2017
safarigirl:
if we can find better-looking people that are good with their legs and brains, why settle for Oritsefemi? grin

Which France e wan move to? Make we dey look now, January is only but a week away

Hahaha isi okpukpu merry Xmas biko. Now that there ain't no glut of sexy/cerebral better ballers, let's not cast away the one we have because he ain't no Chris Author.

Him fit move oo, Nice we read, is hot on his hills.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:58am On Dec 25, 2017
Icon4s:

What was his sin?

No need making a hatred spin out of Sokari and Iheanacho. They are both Nigerian and African talents we should be proud of. We can love both of them and they can work together on and off the pitch to improve the images of Nigerian and African football.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:01am On Dec 25, 2017
Icon4s:

the thing is becoming somehow.

Rohr needs just four players in maybe three positions. How will he drop Ogu even if he wants to add Joel? The midfield is the thinnest part of the squad, and somebody is still saying they should drop one of two DMF's, how? We have just Ogu and Ndidi playing DMF, Onazi is not a DMF and neither is Mikel, so why will you drop Ogu for Sokari that we have not even seen in proper action? Because a Tunisian fan appreciated him?

Please, let us be conservative in our expectations as far as players invitations, we shouldn't act like the poor man who wins a lottery and decides to splurge on irrelevant things rather than build what he already has
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:01am On Dec 25, 2017
Humility017:

if I pull Ayo Makinwa's YouTube videos for you, you'll think he's another Ronaldo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:03am On Dec 25, 2017
Icon4s:

Forget about time past.

We are talking of the present.

Are we presenting a team of time past or present in Russia?

You even said you have watched Sokari in time past. I may presume you are referring to the 2015 U20 WC and 2015 AAG.

Looking at the current crop of midfielders in the team, what can Sokari bring to the table that will be better than what the current crop can bring?
You cannot just conclude that Solari is better than Mikel Agu and Joel Obi when he, Sokari himself, is not tested at that level. The gulf in class between Joel Obi and Kingsley Sokari is just too much. If there is any other midfielder out there that deserves a call or recall ahead of Russia it is Joel Obi.

Kingsley Sokari is not a Super Eagles material. You can quote me any where.

I doubt you are sure if Kingsley Sokari is Super Eagles material. That is a call for the coaching crew. I hope they have studied his tapes. If they feel he can offer something to the team, then invite him and try him out. However, ruling him out does not seem fair to me.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:03am On Dec 25, 2017
safarigirl:
YouTube can make anybody look good, even Agbim grin

BTW, Merry Christmas To This Wonderful Super Eagles Fans Family
merry christmas to you too.....

and for those YouTube videos the guy is good....I just pray he gets a good club in Europe come this January.....

the guy is good enough to play in Europe may be after then oga icon will consider him good enough for the super eagles...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:04am On Dec 25, 2017
Icon4s:

Bia nwoke m onwekwa ihe mmadu ga-eme ya emeta gi? I bu usu? Ikwugi n'elu, ikwugi n'ala. Hundreds of pages back, we're u not the one saying Agu never impressed u? Now u don't want him dropped so that another person will be tried in his stead? Nawa oo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:05am On Dec 25, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I doubt you are sure if Kingsley Sokari is Super Eagles material. That is a call for the coaching crew. I hope they have studied his tapes. If they feel he can offer something to the team, then invite him and try him out. However, ruling him out does not seem fair to me.
thanks big Brother Goodjoe....
the way we write players off in this platform never seems to amaze me...to be true not only sir komekn is guilty of this....many here do same....

we are currently shopping for at least one midfielder to compliment the ones we have for Russia....and here we don't want to create a level playing ground for all to show their worth....
let him be tried and then...the coaching crew decides if he is good enough or not...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:06am On Dec 25, 2017
ChrisKels:

Hahaha isi okpukpu merry Xmas biko. Now that there ain't no glut of sexy/cerebral better ballers, let's not cast away the one we have because he ain't no Chris Author.

Him fit move oo, Nice we read, is hot on his hills.
oho! We have heard better about many others that have come to camp and are still not sure of where they belong till today.

"He's a hybrid of Messi and CR7" "He reminds me of a younger Iniesta" "He's quick on his feet and his free-kicks are similar to Beckham's"..... Nothing wey we never hear for this thread, only for the player to show and people will be shouting " Where Rohr see this otu?" "My grandma sabi ball pass this guy nah" "This one suppose dey sell gala for Oshodi, who put am for pitch?" grin

My brother, no be today this kain tori start
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:08am On Dec 25, 2017
jihday:
if I pull Ayo Makinwa's YouTube videos for you, you'll think he's another Ronaldo
my brother relax....joor.
we need at least one Midfieder...to add up to the ones we already have...
so let's try him up....for a player to be winnig those player of the month awards for his club....a top side in one of Africa most organised league...is no fluke.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 10:09am On Dec 25, 2017
Icon4s:

What was his sin?

I think it was bulbwa that benched Iheanacho at the U20 world cup

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:09am On Dec 25, 2017
safarigirl:
oho! We have heard better about many others that have come to camp and are still not sure of where they belong till today.

"He's a hybrid of Messi and CR7" "He reminds me of a younger Iniesta" "He's quick on his feet and his free-kicks are similar to Beckham's"..... Nothing wey we never hear for this thread, only for the player to show and people will be shouting " Where Rohr see this otu?" "My grandma sabi ball pass this guy nah" "This one suppose dey sell gala for Oshodi, who put am for pitch?" grin

My brother, no be today this kain tori start

Babe...relax. one should never stop trying...you never can tell who among them...will prove good...

let's try Joel and sokari both...and let's see how good they're......
we need at least one more good midfieler who can create good goal scoring opportunities.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:12am On Dec 25, 2017
safarigirl:
the thing is becoming somehow.

Rohr needs just four players in maybe three positions. How will he drop Ogu even if he wants to add Joel? The midfield is the thinnest part of the squad, and somebody is still saying they should drop one of two DMF's, how? We have just Ogu and Ndidi playing DMF, Onazi is not a DMF and neither is Mikel, so why will you drop Ogu for Sokari that we have not even seen in proper action? Because a Tunisian fan appreciated him?

Please, let us be conservative in our expectations as far as players invitations, we shouldn't act like the poor man who wins a lottery and decides to splurge on irrelevant things rather than build what he already has
maybe you forget...that shehu too is a DM.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:14am On Dec 25, 2017
Humility017:

Babe...relax. one should never stop trying...you never can tell who among them...will prove good...

let's try Joel and sokari both...and let's see how good they're......
we need at least one more good midfieler who can create good goal scoring opportunities.
you cannot try a player that the coach does not invite.

As it stands, Joel Obi is not high on Rohr's wish list and like I said, any outside player that doesn't make it into the list for March might as well bid his Russia experience goodbye, so it is not up to you or me to try any of these players.

If the coach sees something enough to invite them, fine, but it is one thing to be invited, another to be given an opportunity to play on game day and another to impress enough on game day to earn a spot in the 35-man list sef.

There are many hurdles to climb for these outside players, and Rohr no dey collect bribe anyhow.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:15am On Dec 25, 2017
Humility017:

maybe you forget...that shehu too is a DM.
lol....let Shehu stick to his RB duties. I doubt he would make a better DM than Ogu just like he made a poor RWB.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:15am On Dec 25, 2017
AIG07:
CHAN is next month!

Need answers/clarification on eligible players for the competition. Is it meant for players only playing within a qualified nation or any player anywhere within the African continent?

players only playing in a qualified nation league....
it for players plying their trade in domestic leagues of qualified nation.
like Nigeria....for instance can only invite players playing in Nigeria....other nigeria players in other national leagues..like Egypt, Tunisia etc are barred from particiapting
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:17am On Dec 25, 2017
ChrisKels:

Bia nwoke m onwekwa ihe mmadu ga-eme ya emeta gi? I bu usu? Ikwugi n'elu, ikwugi n'ala. Hundreds of pages back, we're u not the one saying Agu never impressed u? Now u don't want him dropped so that another person will be tried in his stead? Nawa oo

I doubt you know that Sokari and Agu do not play in same position. So why drop Agu for Sokari?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:17am On Dec 25, 2017
safarigirl:
lol....let Shehu stick to his RB duties. I doubt he would make a better DM than Ogu just like he made a poor RWB.
your mouth eeehh...
you make me laugh..it's like you wanna steer up another trouble.

I have problem wit ogu of being too slow and heavy and his passing skills don't really seems to amaze me.....

I need someone who can create chances from deep to compliment mikel....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:19am On Dec 25, 2017
Icon4s:

I doubt you know that Sokari and Agu do not play in same position. So why drop Agu for Sokari?
sokari is a CM...and agu I think is a DM...
most CM can as well play as a DM...

etebo played as a CM against Algeria but never gave Algerians breathing space...

it has to do wit instructions of the coach....he can as well play there well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2435) (2436) (2437) (2438) (2439) (2440) (2441) ... (16250) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Danielnino00(m), naptu2 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.