Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,312 members, 7,829,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2441) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11752462 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2438) (2439) (2440) (2441) (2442) (2443) (2444) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:10pm On Dec 25, 2017
Humility017:

I think you are right...wit the bolded...
let's keep out fingers crossed.

I remember how miserable our midfield was in the last world cup...[b].that azeez could not line up one pass to his fellow players on the pitch.....against Iran...even as poor as mikel was that day]/b] ..he yelled at him..for such abysmal display....
against France too.....Onazi injury caused a serious problem...to put team.....

just want a good bench to compliment the players on the pitch...

@bolded is a very wrong misconception.

First of all, your comment about Ramon Azeez painted him as a rubbish player and therefore, did not deserve to go to the WC.

That's far from it because he started and finished 20 matches out 30 matches he played in the la liga prior to that wc. Abi, was there a better CM/DMF prior to that WC?

Besides, he was played out of position inthat match against Iran. He should have been played in his natural CM/DMF role instead of AMF.

However, Mikel also yelled at Onazi several times. Does that mean Onazi is not good.

If you are talking about passing, it is better you check Ramon Azeez's statistics.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:14pm On Dec 25, 2017
AIG07:
I Can see you're really enjoying the holiday.

I need you to finish that Christmas chicken, push it down with any drink of your taste. Get a tooth pick and pick out the residues. You seem to be stuttering and you can't hear yourself clearly(no insult intended).

Let me help you. Here is your post. Emphasis on the bolds

stop contradicting yourself.

Ok na.

So, the 'player' must be Kayode?
I intentionally didn't put name there. Hahaha!

Sorry, I was not referring to Kayode.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:18pm On Dec 25, 2017
forgiveness:

Hahaha, but you have written off Abdul, Raheem, Joel and Sone.

Which way.
okay....rohr can invite who ever wants....most important thing we go wit fit and ready players that can deliver...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bishop88: 4:23pm On Dec 25, 2017
Happy Xmas and prosperous new year to all lover of super eagles..the good lord will answer all our prayers for a successful outing come Russia 2018..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:28pm On Dec 25, 2017
edi287:
There is simply no logical explanation in inviting Sokari before Joel Obi. He's a good player with decent vision and a good shot (at least from what I've seen on YouTube). However, I'll seriously question Rohr's scouting team if he's invited over Joel Obi or even Ajagun.

It seems this is an arrangee thing from some agents but if i talk d go say I dey craze.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:35pm On Dec 25, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I do not see Agu and Joel Obi as like replacements. I doubt Joel Obi can play as a defensive midfielder better than Mikel Agu. So I do not think we can just say drop Agu for Joel Obi.

Funny one took Mikel’s first name (Mikel) the other took Mikel’s last name (Obi).

He can.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:16pm On Dec 25, 2017
Humility017:

question what?
please you guys should let rohr do his job......I will want Joel obi to be tried too....
and let the best be picked...
I believe they're lot of players way better in football than Agu....
he has not been able to utilize his chances...let someone else come in.
even Alhassan won't be bad...but we need someone who can not only score when necessary but create chances as well...

You are among the ones that should let Rohr do his job.

He has his scouts and you should respect that rather than calling for the inclusion of heaven and Earth in the team and yet you are shouting "Let Rohr do his job". You want to force players on him?

Tomorrow now if one Raja Casablanca fan hails a Nigerian player in the club you'll come here and start calling for his inclusion.

Let Rohr do his job please.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:19pm On Dec 25, 2017
Humility017:

okay....rohr can invite who ever wants....most important thing we go wit fit and ready players that can deliver...

Wait, before nko? You wanted to chose for him?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:27pm On Dec 25, 2017
Humility017:
I think I will rest wit this sokari issue now... after all I just want the best for the super eagles...and nothing else. if the coaches deem him good enough...let him be invited otherwise ignored....
hope you're enjoying Xmas rice and chicken...?
Better. Just rest the issue.
That was a wrong call. Hahahaha.
I knew you never meant he was better than Joel Obi. It was a slip of the finger.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:30pm On Dec 25, 2017
Icon4s:

You are among the ones that should let Rohr do his job.

He has his scouts and you should respect that rather than calling for the inclusion of heaven and Earth in the team and yet you are shouting "Let Rohr do his job". You want to force players on him?

Tomorrow now if one Raja Casablanca fan hails a Nigerian player in the club you'll come here and start calling for his inclusion.

Let Rohr do his job please.

you're trying to make a mockery of me...
I have been a fan of sokari right from his playing days in the npfl....so saying because one Tunisian fan praised him necessitated my reasons....makes no sense to me.....

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 5:33pm On Dec 25, 2017
Really don't understand why some Arguments are taking personal on this Thread.

We want Rohr to do his Job, yet we are emotionally and sentimentally forcing Players on him. We want Rohr to succeed, yet we do not want certain Players in the Team.

Rohr is in Charge..... he gets the Glory if he succeeds, so is Blame - if things go south for him. We can discuss Players, but saying certain Players should make the List is extreme and uncalled for.

Let's Rohr and his Staff decide on the List, it's not our Job to make the List but to support the List.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:37pm On Dec 25, 2017
Icon4s:

Better. Just rest the issue.

That was a wrong call. Hahahaha.

I knew you never meant he was better than Joel Obi. It was a slip of the finger.
I have dropped the issue........
and for your last sentence....everybody is entitle to their opinion..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:42pm On Dec 25, 2017
Mujtahida:

Oga you bahd oooo. you really grilled oga humility.i was just laughing at the way you cornered him with questions this chrismas

merry christmas to you all.

Bros, there is something that is a common re-occurrence here. It is that player that is untested that is often concluded to be the best.

I defended Sokari's inclusion in the starting 11 of the 2015 U20 team. I know how people felt that players like Iheanacho and Yahaya will be on the bench while Sokari and Bulbwa were starting but I defended their inclusion in the starting 11.

But that is gone and this is the Super Eagles.
We need the best and on only the best. Due to the closeness of the WC some players are not worth the trial. That is the pure truth. What can a player like Sokari do differently from what the other midfielders have been doing. What additional value will he add?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:46pm On Dec 25, 2017
Humility017:

you're trying to make a mockery of me...
I have been a fan of sokari right from his playing days in the npfl....so saying because one Tunisian fan praised him necessitated my reasons....makes no sense to me.....

Bros u dey vex?

No vex o. Today na Christmas.

I am sorry if I was really hard on you. Na so the matter just hot for my mind.

Enjoy the rest of your Christmas bro. One Love.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:50pm On Dec 25, 2017
Icon4s:

Bros u dey vex?
No vex o. Today na Christmas.
I am sorry if I was really hard on you. Na so the matter just hot for my mind.
Enjoy the rest of your Christmas bro. One Love.
enjoy yours too.... I am not angry at all . do have a gracious week...ahead
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:54pm On Dec 25, 2017
forgiveness:

@bolded is a very wrong misconception.

First of all, your comment about Ramon Azeez painted him as a rubbish player and therefore, did not deserve to go to the WC.

That's far from it because he started and finished 20 matches out 30 matches he played in the la liga prior to that wc. Abi, was there a better CM/DMF prior to that WC?

Besides, he was played out of position inthat match against Iran. He should have been played in his natural CM/DMF role instead of AMF.

However, Mikel also yelled at Onazi several times. Does that mean Onazi is not good.

If you are talking about passing, it is better you check Ramon Azeez's statistics.
brother...you can please make use of YouTube watch Nigeria vs Iran match....and be honest wit yourself....to tell me how miserable your Ramon azeez was that day...
even mikel that won the man of the match that day.....was below par....
azeez could barely pass a ball.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:15pm On Dec 25, 2017
forgiveness:

Now, I am understanding. grin

But for clarity sake, I want to state clearly and boldly that Joel Obi and Sokari are not in the same Level. I mean holistically speaking.

No bi same category oooo. grin

That being said, I totally disagree that Joel Obi should not be given a chance based on fitness issues because as at now Joel obi is fit and stable. And he is read to go to the world cup. Gbam

However, it is totally unfair to compare Joel Obi and Sokari who are CMFs to Agu who is a DMF.

We can't pack our midfield with CMFs without considering the DMF hence the need for Agu to compete with whosever wants that DMF slot.
We have Ogu, Ndidi and Onazi for the DM spot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:17pm On Dec 25, 2017
forgiveness:

He can.

So you can advice Rohr to pair Joel Obi and Ndidi as our defensive midfield pair with Mikel Obi playing a creative role?

------------Mikel Obi------------
------Joel Obi-------Ndidi-------

Seriously!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:17pm On Dec 25, 2017
safarigirl:
you people always assume in extremes.

So, you mean we cannot find one decent-looking CM that plays well in a nation of over 180 million and beyond?

We're already taking Etebo because we can use Ebuehi to dilute his intense looks, if Sokari is joining the party, we better start working towards Cyriel Dessers, Deji Beyreuther or Maduka Okoye to ensure we have a camera-friendly bench grin
Does the looks actually matter in picking players or are you being sarcastic?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:19pm On Dec 25, 2017
MetalJigsaw:

Keep in mind Ndidi and Onazi roams with the later roaming further ahead. So, Agu who can seat and screen the defence is also an asset to the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:23pm On Dec 25, 2017
MetalJigsaw:
Does the looks actually matter in picking players or are you being sarcastic?
if I keep grinning, I'm probably not as serious as 97% of you guys on this thread assume I am.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:25pm On Dec 25, 2017
Icon4s:

Bros, there is something that is a common re-occurrence here. It is that player that is untested that is often concluded to be the best.

I defended Sokari's inclusion in the starting 11 of the 2015 U20 team. I know how people felt that players like Iheanacho and Yahaya will be on the bench while Sokari and Bulbwa were starting but I defended their inclusion in the starting 11.

But that is gone and this is the Super Eagles.
We need the best and on only the best. Due to the closeness of the WC some players are not worth the trial. That is the pure truth. What can a player like Sokari do differently from what the other midfielders have been doing. What additional value will he add?
the bar has to be raised higher like you said for the new players because except for a few players we have seen what those who are part of the team have to offer so criteria should be that newer players should be a notch better than those we are proposing that they replace. the good thing is that rohr has said that he needs just about four players. lets just pray that our players stay injury free.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:30pm On Dec 25, 2017
Oasis007:
Really don't understand why some Arguments are taking personal on this Thread.

We want Rohr to do his Job, yet we are emotionally and sentimentally forcing Players on him. We want Rohr to succeed, yet we do not want certain Players in the Team.

Rohr is in Charge..... he gets the Glory if he succeeds, so is Blame - if things go south for him. We can discuss Players, but saying certain Players should make the List is extreme and uncalled for.

Let's Rohr and his Staff decide on the List, it's not our Job to make the List but to support the List.
how is anyone forcing players on Rohr when people are just making suggestions and DEFENDING their suggestions on the internet?

Except you know anyone here that has Rohr's phone number and constantly calls him to put pressure, I don't see how you can say anyone is 'forcing' players on Rohr.

There is nothing extreme in saying "I want this one, I don't want this one".... It is only fans listing their PREFERRED players.

Even when these things are said, we all still realise that Rohr has the final say and we say that much at the end of every discussion be it about Martins, Enyeama, Sokari or whoever.

This your complaint has been tackled repeatedly and I wonder why it is coming up once again. In another three weeks, another person will come and repeat this again

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 6:50pm On Dec 25, 2017
safarigirl:
how is anyone forcing players on Rohr when people are just making suggestions and DEFENDING their suggestions on the internet?

Except you know anyone here that has Rohr's phone number and constantly calls him to put pressure, I don't see how you can say anyone is 'forcing' players on Rohr.

There is nothing extreme in saying "I want this one, I don't want this one".... It is only fans listing their PREFERRED players.

Even when these things are said, we all still realise that Rohr has the final say and we say that much at the end of every discussion be it about Martins, Enyeama, Sokari or whoever.

This your complaint has been tackled repeatedly and I wonder why it is coming up once again. In another three weeks, another person will come and repeat this again

So have committed a big Crime already?! Sorry ma and merry Xmas.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:21pm On Dec 25, 2017
Humility017:

brother...you can please make use of YouTube watch Nigeria vs Iran match....and be honest wit yourself....to tell me how miserable your Ramon azeez was that day...
even mikel that won the man of the match that day.....was below par....
azeez could barely pass a ball.....

Which one be ya Ramon Azeez? Oh! The stereotype stuff against his kind? Is that it?

Oga! If you, I mean yaself is honest, you would have told us how miserable almost all players were that night. Singling out Ramon Azeez is very bias and lopsided.

If you claimed he barely passed a ball can you explain this independent report of his game after match?

Azeez: Created a single opening after the restart and was eventually replaced by Odemwingie.

Mikel: The Super Eagles need their best player to be operating at a much higher level.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2099057-iran-vs-nigeria-live-player-ratings.amp.html

If I may ask, where do Ramon Azeez play in that match?

Was Mikel Obi MOTM in that match against Iran?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 7:27pm On Dec 25, 2017
Bikonu, has Rohr made any mention of inviting Joel Obi nor Kingsley Sokari , because I remember Agali hinted no new players will be invited. This brings me to the next question; are we still experimenting or what ? Honestly, I am satisfied with our midfield that has Mikel, Ogu , Agu, Ndidi,Etebor and Onazi but if a room can be made for Joel Obi then who goes assuming everybody in the team is injury free and inform. Forget the rough patch Etebor seems to be going through the boy is still a force in that team and even Agu can play that defensive midfield like a world class. We saw it against Zambia.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:29pm On Dec 25, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

So you can advice Rohr to pair Joel Obi and Ndidi as our defensive midfield pair with Mikel Obi playing a creative role?

------------Mikel Obi------------
------Joel Obi-------Ndidi-------

Seriously!!!

Perfect. We know Onazi has been given the license to move up while Ndidi stays and screen the back four.

So, in this case, Joel Obi can play the role of Onazi while Ndidi screens.

Men! That will be great.

I saw Joel Obi played yesterday and I can authoritatively tell you that he can defend wella.

Common, Seria A player for that matter.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 7:31pm On Dec 25, 2017
Chai , Ramon Azeez just like Onigbinde's grandson ,Femi Opabunmi in 2002,that was running like a headless chicken....Na to just dash you correct slap dey hungry me today with additional kick in ya yansh.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 7:34pm On Dec 25, 2017
Joel is not a defensive midfielder and he will not be experimented in super eagles.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:46pm On Dec 25, 2017
OMANBALA1:
Bikonu, has Rohr made any mention of inviting Joel Obi nor Kingsley Sokari , because I remember Agali hinted no new players will be invited. This brings me to the next question; are we still experimenting or what ? Honestly, I am satisfied with our midfield that has Mikel, Ogu , Agu, Ndidi,Etebor and Onazi but if a room can be made for Joel Obi then who goes assuming everybody in the team is injury free and inform. Forget the rough patch Etebor seems to be going through the boy is still a force in that team and even Agu can play that defensive midfield like a world class. We saw it against Zambia.

Those 'Agali reports' were false. Agali himself said that he did not give interviews to the press.

There have been recent reports in Tunisia that Sokari has been called by Rohr for the March friendly. That is what started the discussion on Sokari.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:47pm On Dec 25, 2017
MetalJigsaw:

That means Agu is up against these three guys while Rohr is looking for one who can replace Mikel Obi incase of any eventuality and I think Joel Obi, Abdul Ajagun, Sone Aluko and Sokari can be given the chance to prove themselves. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 7:57pm On Dec 25, 2017
tbaba1234:

Those 'Agali reports' were false. Agali himself said that he did not give interviews to the press.

There have been recent reports in Tunisia that Sokari has been called by Rohr for the March friendly. That is what started the discussion on Sokari.

So, nothing has been heard about Joel Obi as regards his invitation ?
Secondly, is Sokari a natural attacking midfielder? Is he a suitable replacement for Mikel? I remember he was once dubbed the little "Messi" but I dont have a good assessment of him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2438) (2439) (2440) (2441) (2442) (2443) (2444) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Yachambliss(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.