Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,567 members, 7,850,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:15 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11868321 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2440) (2441) (2442) (2443) (2444) (2445) (2446) ... (16250) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:48pm On Dec 25, 2017
Humility017:

reason why you want a player who has since passed his prime from One Asian league for the super eagles 3chioce CF?

that role is for a young and enterprising player...who can as well play the flanks...when need be...and kayode is one of that player.....

I want to say something, but il hold till March when Rohr must have tested all. Its fair to us both.
Keywords: tested and proved!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:50pm On Dec 25, 2017
Humility017:

in that attack role...please add ogbeche to it...and also dessers.....

oshimen is just a mile away from making the world cup squad...the boy really need to put some hardwork.....
get a trainer and do extra work.....if he must get it right in his club....being that rohr likes him alot...he needs little conviction to make his team.....

I thought you said we don't need old men in our team? Why Ogbeche? shocked

Ogbeche wey be Martins age mate.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:56pm On Dec 25, 2017
Humility017:

me wont even take both.......they don't worth it.

I rather take oshimen or kayode instead....

Na we oooo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:02pm On Dec 25, 2017
Humility017:

what do you mean by the tested....?
you guys make me laugh....you all see the world cup as one Herculean task....different from the football they have all been playing...

if someone can play good football in the Spanish or German league...top flight...then certainly he can play @the world cup....

you don't need to bag so much experience to prove yourself......

you guys really need to re-evaluate this yardstick of experience...same experience cost us the France 1998 and I have seen young players play football at the world cup...wit no experience in their bag....

my guy the WC is the number one sports fiesta in the universe. ex international ifeanyi Udeze said its not for boys but for men( not age oo but mind) and most players who have been to WC will say the same. nerves my bro, raw nerves hits players. didnt you see how the experinced brazilian players caved under an attack of nerves in 2014. WC is still football but its football at the highest and the most intimate level because playing for your club is not like carrying the hopes and expectation of your country on your back. the pressure, hope, expectation enters the bones and if a player is not strong the player will be jittery. didnt you see how jittery balogun was in the first leg against Cameroun and the home match against Zambia? without taking anything away from the other qualities that make for a great team experience helps players to overcome this jitters but without experience a player needs to really psyche himself up to bear the pressure. we the fans feel it even despite the fact that we have watched so many WC games how much more the players themselves particularly the newbies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:02pm On Dec 25, 2017
Mujtahida:

my brother i have not gotten over the psychological drain i suffered from ogbeche's flop after he raised my morale in the run up to the WC in 2002. thats why despite his good form his name has not crossed my mouth. i'd rather stick to martins who has been consistent. as for dessers i like him but he's not getting the attention that i thought he'd get. instead na ryan sanusi nff go romance with( thats if owngoalnigeria news is true)
someone who has spoken to Rohr say that Rohr is desirous of taking osimhen to the world cup and i when i read rohr's interview posted here for our reading he mentioned Osimhen's name and i remembered my discussion with the person.

I hope Rohr is not trying to gamble with his job because Nigerians no go remember shi shi wey em do for past ooo.

Dem go crucify am for taking an untested bench warmer over tested players to the WC.

Anyway, I hope Oshimen gets playing time oo since Rohr is hell bent on taking him to the WC.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:03pm On Dec 25, 2017
tbaba1234:

Tunisian
okay thanks. goldfish80 its confirmed. you know there's an ex tunisian international with the name Trabelsi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:05pm On Dec 25, 2017
Mujtahida:

okay thanks. goldfish80 its confirmed. you know there's an ex tunisian international with the name Trabelsi
Yes, The former Ajax right back. The guy sabi nack leather no be small.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:06pm On Dec 25, 2017
forgiveness:

I am having a rethink, I think Omeruo is a better candidate for the slot except one of Felix Ukpobai, Dominic Iorfa and Jordan Torunarigha change their allegiance to play for us.

Joel Obi is the perfect choice but I still want to see Agu and Ogu play in oneone of those friendlies before I make my mind on them.

Rohr is obsessed with anything German. So, don't be surprise to see either Oshimen, Bazee or Anthony Ujah. grin

But as for me, Martins all the way.
hahahaha at the bolded and i think i agree with you. i want those german boys ooo but still i prefer Omeruo over them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:07pm On Dec 25, 2017
Mujtahida:

my guy the WC is the number one sports fiesta in the universe. ex international ifeanyi Udeze said its not for boys but for men( not age oo but mind) and most players who have been to WC will say the same. nerves my bro, raw nerves hits players. didnt you see how the experinced brazilian players caved under an attack of nerves in 2014. WC is still football but its football at the highest and the most intimate level because playing for your club is not like carrying the hopes and expectation of your country on your back. the pressure, hope, expectation enters the bones and if a player is not strong the player will be jittery. didnt you see how jittery balogun was in the first leg against Cameroun and the home match against Zambia? without taking anything away from the other qualities that make for a great team experience helps players to overcome this jitters but without experience a player needs to really psyche himself up to bear the pressure. we the fans feel it even despite the fact that we have watched so many WC games how much more the players themselves particularly the newbies.

Balogun was outstanding against Cameroon. I remember the accolades after the game.

He was not that good against Zambia and Algeria(2nd leg) in the first half but he adjusted.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:10pm On Dec 25, 2017
Humility017:

the painful thing about the oshimen...is that the boy I think is not willing to help himself...
he looks way not ambitious to me....
he looks too complacent...
nacho never had so much opportunities in city before he registered his name on the score sheet...
it became a routine that whenever he is introduced he may likely score.....

and here oshimen has gotten over 60 mins under his belt wit no goal nor assist....

he has it in him...but he needs to work harder....
Rohr will not like Osimhen if he is not hardworking and ambitious. i say this because Rohr is German and typically Germans are hardworkers and they love hardworkers. so if Osimhen has no other quality that i know i can safely say he must be a hardworking guy for rohr to like him so much.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:11pm On Dec 25, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

So you can advice Rohr to pair Joel Obi and Ndidi as our defensive midfield pair with Mikel Obi playing a creative role?

------------Mikel Obi------------
------Joel Obi-------Ndidi-------

Seriously!!!
Joel Obi CAN play as a DM. He can also play as a LM, LB, LWB and even as a LW (speaking from his inter days). That midfield is actually great on paper.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:16pm On Dec 25, 2017
tbaba1234:

Balogun was outstanding against Cameroon. I remember the accolades after the game.

He was not that good against Zambia and Algeria(2nd leg) in the first half but he adjusted.
i agree with you that he was outstanding but he was jittery in the first half. i noticed it and even the commentator said so. as it stands now even though i know balogun is solid i am tilting more towards Omeruo than Balogun. and i wonder why is it that balogun is so injury prone. he comes away with an injury from just about every match he plays for his club.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:17pm On Dec 25, 2017
Humility017:

what do you mean by the tested....?
you guys make me laugh....you all see the world cup as one Herculean task....different from the football they have all been playing...

if someone can play good football in the Spanish or German league...top flight...then certainly he can play @the world cup....

you don't need to bag so much experience to prove yourself......

you guys really need to re-evaluate this yardstick of experience...same experience cost us the France 1998 and I have seen young players play football at the world cup...wit no experience in their bag....

Don't you know Martins played well in the la liga and the Ramon Azeez whom you mocked played good football prior to the WC?

I smell double standard.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:18pm On Dec 25, 2017
OMANBALA1:

So, if given a choice between Ogbeche/Martins and Osimhen/Kayode you will take the later ?

The only one player I would consider here is Kayode.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:19pm On Dec 25, 2017
forgiveness:

Don't you know Martins played well in the la liga and the Ramon Azeez whom you mocked played good football prior to the WC?

I small double standard.
when was that....I am talking of current performance and you're talking of Martins play about 4 years ago.....

abeg...tell me something else....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:19pm On Dec 25, 2017
edi287:

Joel Obi CAN play as a DM. He can also play as a LM, LB, LWB and even as a LW (speaking from his inter days). That midfield is actually great on paper.

This is only for those who didn't watch him in his days at Inter Milan.

Thanks man.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:24pm On Dec 25, 2017
forgiveness:

I thought you said we don't need old men in our team? Why Ogbeche? shocked

Ogbeche wey be Martins age mate.
oya mi lenu. i surprise. martins is way way more consistent. ogbeche hear say we don qualify and come begin dey score. my guy i will not be taken in by this sudden bloom in his form. i can safely say that martins stands a far better chance to be in the first 30 than ogbeche. ogbeche has not even been in our consciousness save for the last three weeks. anyway Rohr will do his work. i just desire a good outing for the team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:26pm On Dec 25, 2017
Humility017:

when was that....I am talking of current performance and you're talking of Martins play about 4 years ago.....

abeg...tell me something else....

Do you know Paulinho was in China when he helped Brazil qualify for the WC?

Do you know how many Chinko based players are in the Brazilian national team?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 9:28pm On Dec 25, 2017
Mujtahida:

yap, he played at d 2012 wcq in Japan/ Korea.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:30pm On Dec 25, 2017
Humility017:
In our midfield.... with this players I believe we're covered...

Mikel
Onazi
Ndidi
Agu/Sokari
Ogu/Joel Obi.

wit all honesty...I will drop agu and ogu for both Joel Obi and Sokari....
they're both better....and can offer more to the team offensively and defensively...moreover shehu can alternate too as DM.

Agu is a no go area for me. I think he is overrated

Ogu shows passion and commitment. I like that

Ndidi and Onazi are work horses not too afraid to roll in the mud

Mikel's vision, leadership and experience will help us a long way

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:32pm On Dec 25, 2017
Mujtahida:

hahahaha at the bolded and i think i agree with you. i want those german boys ooo but still i prefer Omeruo over them.

Anything that will improve the team is ok by me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:38pm On Dec 25, 2017
Mujtahida:

oya mi lenu. i surprise. martins is way way more consistent. ogbeche hear say we don qualify and come begin dey score. my guy i will not be taken in by this sudden bloom in his form. i can safely say that martins stands a far better chance to be in the first 30 than ogbeche. ogbeche has not even been in our consciousness save for the last three weeks. anyway Rohr will do his work. i just desire a good outing for the team

Hahaha! But Ogbeche has been consistent over the past four years. It's just that people no wan here about am after the 2002 WC.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:40pm On Dec 25, 2017
Mujtahida:

i agree with you that he was outstanding but he was jittery in the first half. i noticed it and even the commentator said so. as it stands now even though i know balogun is solid i am tilting more towards Omeruo than Balogun. and i wonder why is it that balogun is so injury prone. he comes away with an injury from just about every match he plays for his club.

Some players are injury prone... Balogun at his best is a better defender than Omeruo in my opinion. The world cup is just 7 games if we get to the final stages..

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 9:42pm On Dec 25, 2017
Loogan:

You get my point but you choose to be sarcastic, really immature! Why not just pass on if you have nothing reasonable or informative to say? Just look at the questions you asking me bro.

You were smart enough to decode I was being sarcastic, but not so smart enough to understand what the message in the sarcasm was and had to resort to personal attacks.

Your response is a valid example.

What I was trying to say was, we are way too emotional with what I've seen here, there's no way we can directly influence Rohr on here. capisce!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:44pm On Dec 25, 2017
forgiveness:

Hahaha! But Ogbeche has been consistent over the past four years. It's just that people no wan here about am after the 2002 WC.
well i didnt know.he has a bad rep with the fans. such things affect players. thats what is affecting akpeyi. so even if ogbeche is given a chance he will still likely flop.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 9:44pm On Dec 25, 2017
Merry Christmas everyone!

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:49pm On Dec 25, 2017
Mujtahida:

well i didnt know.he has a bad rep with the fans. such things affect players. thats what is affecting akpeyi. so even if ogbeche is given a chance he will still likely flop.
Loool no mind some people...they're just pissed he did a bicycle kick in a friendly game and went on to flop at the world cup. You should see how much they hate him on Cybereagles grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:56pm On Dec 25, 2017
Mujtahida:

abi ooo but then i keep asking myself why do people say Ndidi lacks a good pass?

I think because his role in the Super Eagles was limited to doing the dirty jobs. Mikel was the main ball distributor
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:09pm On Dec 25, 2017
Nwakaeme scored in Israel today...

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:13pm On Dec 25, 2017

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:26pm On Dec 25, 2017
darkelf:

I think because his role in the Super Eagles was limited to doing the dirty jobs. Mikel was the main ball distributor

Wc one is doing dirty jobs...was ndidi playing in d toilet grin grin?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:39pm On Dec 25, 2017
elyte89:

Wc one is doing dirty jobs...was ndidi playing in d toilet grin grin?
You ehn. gringringrin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2440) (2441) (2442) (2443) (2444) (2445) (2446) ... (16250) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KpagoGIN(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.