Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11726221 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (16169) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:32am On Nov 05, 2016
@bolded... Yes that was in the Europa league.... Let's take a little walk back in time to October 9th shall we? smiley

In Ndola, a high profile WCQ vs The Chipolopolo, Ndidi had it clean when he confronted Rainford Kalaba in the first half. His clean marking on Kalaba prevented Kalaba from pouncing a the loose ball saved by Ikeme from a Kalaba header moments after Iwobi's opener.

Kalaba even faked a dive/fall under the clean challenge from Ndidi in the penalty box but the referee had none of it and gave a yellow card to Kalaba for diving.

Ndidi's neat challenge on Kalaba prevented a possible penalty.

Some other defenders would have gone in on Kalaba "forcefully" and fallen for Kalaba's theatrics with the Ref left with no choice than to point to the penalty spot..... BUT NOT WILFRED NDIDI. smiley

Ndidi is a natural clean winner and marker of the ball.... But it doesn't mean he may not commit on a few occasions.

lakesidepapa:

Hey hey.!!! they should leave Onazi at the blocking role with Mikel, there combo have been great and they keep understanding themselves. Ndidi can replace Onazi as a Sub or when Eddy is injured. Besides, Ndidi is NOT better than Eddy.! Yes.!

@He doesn’t commit foul around the edge of the box or in dangerous position.
I can't believe this, Ndidi committed a fowl against a Atl bibao player in the 18 yard box and it was a penalty. We should just stick with the Onazi-Mikel.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:37am On Nov 05, 2016
Jefersoun:
That is why i said club football is different from national team. Due to the limited match in the national team, your mistake may be costly, and thinking of that may make a debutant feel a bit nervous. Am not disputing Alampasu's talent, he is a great guy. It is normal for we human in general to have that nervousness when starting something for the first time, most especially with limited time. Get my point, with limited time.

My point is, you can not ascertain nervousness but you can ascertain who is the better talent. So why drop a player for what is not sure for something that is sure.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:39am On Nov 05, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
@bolded... Yes that was in the Europa league.... Let's take a little walk back in time to October 9th shall we? smiley

In Ndola, a high profile WCQ vs The Chipolopolo, Ndidi had it clean when he confronted Rainford Kalaba in the first half. His clean marking on Kalaba prevented Kalaba from pouncing a the loose ball saved by Ikeme from a Kalaba header moments after Iwobi's opener.

Kalaba even faked a dive/fall under the clean challenge from Ndidi in the penalty box but the referee had none of it and gave a yellow card to Kalaba for diving.

Ndidi's neat challenge on Kalaba prevented a possible penalty.

Some other defenders would have gone in on Kalaba "forcefully" and fallen for Kalaba's theatrics with the Ref left with no choice than to point to the penalty spot..... BUT NOT WILFRED NDIDI. smiley

Ndidi is a natural clean winner and marker of the ball.... But it doesn't mean he may not commit on a few occasions.

Good point but Worst example... Ndidi lost his man for the header in the first place. I hope Rohr realises that he needs a new right back.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:44am On Nov 05, 2016
I wasn't speaking of Ndidi as a right back in the game. I speak only on that one incident within the penalty box where his natural clean marking abilities shone through.... So how is that a "worst example"??

tbaba1234:

Good point but Worst example... Ndidi lost his man for the header in the first place. I hope Rohr realises that he needs a new right back.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:44am On Nov 05, 2016
goldfish80:

Pre season is the blending in process of players. Managers use pre season friendlies to know which youngster is ready for the first team.
Iwobi, Akpom, Iheanacho, Ejaria etc.. sold themselves in pre season training to their managers. You don't just start playing a youngster out of the blues in the champions league semi finals.

In national teams, managers use friendly games to introduce youngsters. Iwobi, Iheanacho got their first starts in friendlies.. That's the proper way to introduce kids into a national team.
Why should Alampasu be thrown straight into the deep end? Its not like he's playing top league football in Portugal.
Even in the 3rd division he's currently playing,he's conceeding an average of 1.6 goals per game, those numbers are below average numbers.
What exactly do you see in Alampasu that all protocols should be broken for?

Unless, Akpeyi's right hand is somehow amputated 24 hrs before the game, I don't see Ezenwa nor Dele starting. Am sorry

I am not seeing anything. I said, the coaches if the Super Eagles should drill and select the best. What I do not understand is why your breaking your fingers to prove Alampasu is not a good keeper. If he is as poor as you make him, the other keepers should easily Outshine Alampasu.

If they can not outshine him, you want us to man our post with a keeper worse than how poor you paint Alampasu.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:46am On Nov 05, 2016

Ikeme out for 21 days

Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has stated that the body is convinced and satisfied with the medical report on Wolverhampton of England’s goalkeeper, Carl Ikeme which rules the goaltender out of football for three weeks including the 2018 World Cup qualifier between the Super Eagles and Algeria slated for Uyo on November 12.

A top official of the body told SportingLife that the the Football House could not fault the medical report sent to the body by Wolves’ medical team regarding the injury sustained by Eagles’ goaltender in the 46th minute of his club’s Championship tie at Ewood Park against
Blackburn Rovers which ended 1-1.

Ikeme was substituted by Andy Lonergan in the
46th minute of the tie and after scan revealed
that the shot stopper won’t be available for the
crucial World Cup qualifier against the Desert
Foxes, the Eagles’ coaches have quickly drafted
Chippa United of South Africa goalkeeper, Daniel
Akpeyi as a late replacement.

The NFF topshot hinted that with the call up
extended to Akpeyi couple with the invitation of
Ikechukwu Ezenwa and Dele Alampasu, there
won’t be goalkeeping crisis against Algeria and
that the Eagles are targeting the three points
against the North Africans.

Ikeme has been in good form for the Eagles since he debuted for the senior national team and was especially impressive against the Chipolopolo of Zambia in the World Cup qualifying opener which Nigeria won 2-1 in Ndola’s Levy Mwanawasa Stadium last month.

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/ikeme-21-days/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:47am On Nov 05, 2016
goldfish80:

Pre season is the blending in process of players. Managers use pre season friendlies to know which youngster is ready for the first team.
Iwobi, Akpom, Iheanacho, Ejaria etc.. sold themselves in pre season training to their managers. You don't just start playing a youngster out of the blues in the champions league semi finals.

In national teams, managers use friendly games to introduce youngsters. Iwobi, Iheanacho got their first starts in friendlies.. That's the proper way to introduce kids into a national team.
Why should Alampasu be thrown straight into the deep end? Its not like he's playing top league football in Portugal.
Even in the 3rd division he's currently playing,he's conceeding an average of 1.6 goals per game, those numbers are below average numbers.
What exactly do you see in Alampasu that all protocols should be broken for?

Unless, Akpeyi's right hand is somehow amputated 24 hrs before the game, I don't see Ezenwa nor Dele starting. Am sorry

Are you talking of a player selling themselves in the preseason or a player becoming experienced in preseason. If it is the later, preseason games is never enough to tag a player experienced.

Please, players sell themselves in training, not preseason games.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:51am On Nov 05, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Hey! Don't cheat with ur analogies, why can't u look for a player in Portugal? U are only experienced in a certain department. Osman might be a seasoned epl vet but he can't tell me what playing a big match for his country feels like so in that department he is inexperienced.

So you feel experience comes from playing in big match for a country. So was Sanches experience before or after the coach opted to play such a youngster in such big games? I thought the youngster will feel jittery. Because, to the best of my knowledge, Sanches was the Man of the match in his Euros debut.

Sanches might know the feeling of playing in the Euros but he is no way close to Osman in experience.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:54am On Nov 05, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
I wasn't speaking of Ndidi as a right back in the game. I speak only on that one incident within the penalty box where his natural clean marking abilities shone through.... So how is that a "worst example"??

Worst example because it reminded me of his error in the first place. Your point is valid.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:20am On Nov 05, 2016
Rohr Returns Saturday For Algeria Clash, To
Watch Fed Cup Final

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr is expected to
arrive in Lagos on Saturday (today) after some days in Europe to monitor some of the senior national team players invited for the November 12 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Algeria in Uyo.

A top official of the Nigeria Football Federation who disclosed this to Completesportsnigeria.com on Friday night said the Franco-German tactician who recently visited Super Eagles captain Mikel Obi, Victor Moses, Alex Iwobi, Odion Ighalo and Isaac Success in their respective clubs in England will arrive with some of his technical staff.

Completesportsnigeria.com further gathered that Rohr is expected to watch the Federation Cup final between Nasarawa United and IfeanyiUbah on Sunday at the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos.

"The coach called me today (Friday) to inform
that he will be arriving IN Lagos on Saturday
(today) and already necessary arrangements
have been made for his arrival in Lagos because
he will be watching the Federation Cup final
which will serve as an opportunity for him to see
some of the Nigerian League players in action,"
the official told Completesportsnigeria.com.

Meanwhile, after watching the Federation Cup
final on Sunday, Rohr will return to Abuja on
Monday as the Super Eagles camp opens the
same day at the Bolton White Apartment.

Nigeria need to win the home match in Uyo on
the Matchday 2 of the World Cup qualifiers after
beating Chipolopolo of Zambia 2-1 in Ndola in
their first game of the series.

Source: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/rohr-returns-saturday-algeria-clash-watch-fed-cup-final/

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jefersoun: 6:21am On Nov 05, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

My point is, you can not ascertain nervousness but you can ascertain who is the better talent. So why drop a player for what is not sure for something that is sure.
There is no certainty that a good player in training will not make mistakes during the main match, just like omeruo and ndidi. Training is different from main match, due to so many factors, for example, the crowd, high expectations from you, what is at stake and so much more. In training, you feel relax and play your A-game. So for a new guy, is kind of a gamble, there is high probability of such happening. I get your drift, but for this one, please let just go with a tested hand (Akpeyi).

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sunnypa11(m): 6:51am On Nov 05, 2016
Moses Edging Closer to Promise Land

The Victor Moses story is a Story of an Overcomer,Imagine passing through hell while young and witnessing the premature death of your parent at young age.

Maybe his brief religious stint with his parents really helped in modelling him to a great creature unlike many in such scenario that will even turn against their country of birth and venture into extremism/terrorism/fanaticism but rather the opposite.

Victor excelled at youth level after coming out of the youth ranks of Crystal palace to winning the Golden Boot at the 2007 U17 European Championships but preferred to play for Nigeria at senior level after been overlooked at U-21 level by England lead by Coach Stuart Pearce at that time.

After Coming to limelight at Wigan under Manager,Roberto Martinez.A move to Chelsea was imminent alongside the likes of Marco Marin,Eden Hazard,Oscar to fill the positions left behind by Salomon Kalou,Florent Malouda,Nicolas Anelka after their impressive appearances with Chelsea which includes the 2012 Uefa Champions League accolade.

Getting to start games was tough for him with the much fancied combination of Macarzard(Mata/Oscar/Hazard) but then,he was still making sub appearances for the Roberto Di Matteo lead side and often bring something different to the pitch in terms of width which Mata,Hazard,Oscar,Benayoun and Marin don't do.

He made impacts in some games with his winning goal for Chelsea in the Champions League with Seconds left on the Clock against Shakhtar Donetsk.He was cleared to play for Nigeria in 2011 alongside Shola Ameobi and he stamp his authority immediately with Afcon 2013 trophy with Nigeria and was won one of the shining star of that competition alongside Mikel.

Afterward,he returned back to Chelsea and he Scored five goals for them with most in the Europa League helping the London side to achieve another European fit within 12-months and this time,under interim boss Rafa Benitez.

2013/2014 season marked the second return of Jose Mourinho to Chelsea and he was expected to make immediate impacts in which purchase of players was also part of it.

The club bought André Schürrle and Willian leading to Victor Moses going to Liverpool on loan and he started well by He scoring on his debut on 16 September against Swansea City in a 2–2 draw.Due to the form of Raheem Sterling during the 2013–14 season, Moses found opportunities hard to come by under
Brendan Rogers , playing 22 games of which only nine were starts.

Peter Osaze Odemwingie played his role in encouraging Victor to Join Stoke City on loan from Chelsea in 2014 and the former Wigan Athletic winger became an integral part of the team immediately taking responsibilities for set pieces and was scoring and notching assists but he was injured several times which pushed him to Return to Chelsea for treatment couple of times and his form caught the attention of Jose Mourinho after André Schürrle and Mohamed Salah left on permanent basis and on loan, respectively,it was announced that Chelsea manager José Mourinho attempted to recall Moses back from Stoke mid-season, only for the winger to reject the move back.Moses suffered a hamstring injury whilst playing against West Ham on 11 April, which ruled him out for the rest of the season

Due to his preference of Staying in London,Victor choose to go to West ham united on loan despite the interest from Stoke City to sign him permanently and more so, signed a new four-year contract, which will keep him at Chelsea until 2019 and his story there was similar to his stint at Liverpool.In April 2015,It was revealed that the loan deal also had an option to make the move permanent at the end of the season, but West Ham decided to turn down the option.

With the arrival of Antonio Conte,Moses who often perform well during pre-seasons under Mourinho has finally been given an opportunity to showcase his talent but in another dimension.

At Juventus,Stephan Lichtsteiner and Kwadwo Kojo Asamoah were asked to play wingbacks for the Turin Giant under same Conte in a 3-5-2 formation and even more incredible as Asamoah was the heartbeat of Ghana National team attacking midfield alongside Andre Ayew but it was his best chance of playing regularly in a side that had Pogba,Pirlo and Vidal.

Moses seems to always lose form due to his psychological nature and there is always need for a manager to trust him to be able to get the best out of him.

His new role will erase the mystery of Judgements over his cheap price acquisition and the tag of been lazy defensively. It will also reduce his showboating style with more responsibility of knowing when to pass the ball,when to make a run,when to trackback,when to shoot and when to cross the ball.

At almost 26,there is still more chances for him to part the Red Sea for Club and Country.

http://nigfooty..co.ke/2016/11/moses-finally-closer-to-promise-land.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:21am On Nov 05, 2016
Nwakali with another 90 minutes.... His team won 2:1

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:31am On Nov 05, 2016
Wilfred Onyinye Ndidi has started all 13 games for Genk this season and has never been substituted. That is a remarkable stat.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jefersoun: 8:02am On Nov 05, 2016
tbaba1234:
Wilfred Onyinye Ndidi has started all 13 games for Genk this season and has never been substituted. That is a remarkable stat.
That is good news for us. But make him take am small small, so that him go dey fit for us. The way injuries dey fly upandan dey fear me oh!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jefersoun: 8:08am On Nov 05, 2016
tbaba1234:
That is good news for us. But make him take am small small, so that him go dey fit for us. The way injuries dey fly upandan dey fear me oh!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:26am On Nov 05, 2016
Jefersoun:
There is no certainty that a good player in training will not make mistakes during the main match, just like omeruo and ndidi. Training is different from main match, due to so many factors, for example, the crowd, high expectations from you, what is at stake and so much more. In training, you feel relax and play your A-game. So for a new guy, is kind of a gamble, there is high probability of such happening. I get your drift, but for this one, please let just go with a tested hand (Akpeyi).

How can you insist on going with a tested hand, especially with a possibility of better options. It just does not add. An automatic shirt for Akpeyi is a wrong decision. He must prove capable.

Training is different from match games, so I guess there is no reason to train due to match conditions is different.

Please, training is the way to identify the best talents. Just as Ndidi had a poor game, experienced and tested hands have poor games repeatedly. I think in 2002, Inter Milan's last game of the season, Inter Milan were on top the table and needed to win the last game to win.

Ronaldo De Lima who was one of the best players in the World had an atrocious game. One of the worst in his career. Due to his poor game, Inter Milan lost the league title to Roma.

Ronaldo De Lima wept like a baby after the coach subbed him. So all these tested hands/new hands, are factors beyond knowledge.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:30am On Nov 05, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Are you talking of a player selling themselves in the preseason or a player becoming experienced in preseason. If it is the later, preseason games is never enough to tag a player experienced.

Please, players sell themselves in training, not preseason games.
It's a little bit of both. Young players get both match experience, match fitness and sell themselves to the club and fans.
After watching Belerin against Lyon at the Emirates cup, I knew straight out the guy will play a big role in his break out season.
Iheanacho was pure class against an American club in preseason. I think he scored twice... It was no surprise plans where made for him by Man city.... These are how things work.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:36am On Nov 05, 2016
goldfish80:

It's a little bit of both. Young players get both match experience, match fitness and sell themselves to the club and fans.
After watching Belerin against Lyon at the Emirates cup, I knew straight out the guy will play a big role in his break out season.
Iheanacho was pure class against an American club in preseason. I think he scored twice... It was no surprise plans where made for him by Man city.... These are how things work.

That is what you knew. Not what the coaches knew. The coaches worked for days, months, some years on the training pitches with this young players, getting them ready. Teaching them different aspects of the game and nurturing them into quality players. The coaches correct their mistakes on the pitch.

When they feel these players are ready, they play them and people, that is a star in the making. Not the coach.

Pellegrini knew he had a star in Iheanacho, long before his game against Kansas. It was already a big move when he invited Iheanacho and Chidi Nwakali to train with the first team. Then he selected them as promising stars for the preseason.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:37am On Nov 05, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I am not seeing anything. I said, the coaches if the Super Eagles should drill and select the best. What I do not understand is why your breaking your fingers to prove Alampasu is not a good keeper. If he is as poor as you make him, the other keepers should easily Outshine Alampasu.

If they can not outshine him, you want us to man our post with a keeper worse than how poor you paint Alampasu.
Alampasu is not exposed enough to start an an important game for us.
Am exposing him as an amateur goalkeeper that he is.I never said he's untalented.
Akpeyi Statistically in the Psl conceedes an average of 1 goal per game... While Alampasu in the Portuguese 3rd tier conceedes 1.6 goals per game.
Who do you think is better to handle the pressure against Algeria?
Who do you think will out perform each other in training?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:38am On Nov 05, 2016
goldfish80:

Alampasu is not exposed enough to start an an important game for us.
Am exposing him as an amateur goalkeeper that he is. Am never said he's untalented.
Akpeyi Statistically in the Psl conceedes an average of 1 goal per game... While Alampasu in the Portuguese 3rd tier conceedes 1.6 goals per game.
Who do you think is better eto handle the pressure against Algeria?
Who do you think will out perform each other in training?

Let Akpeyi show he is capable of handling the pressure in camp. Not history of games. Let him Outshine the others.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:41am On Nov 05, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

That is what you knew. Not what the coaches knew. The coaches worked for days, months, some years on the training pitches with this young players, getting them ready. Teaching them different aspects of the game and nurturing them into quality players. The coaches correct their mistakes on the pitch.

When they feel these players are ready, they play them and people, that is a star in the making. Not the coach.

Pellegrini knew he had a star in Iheanacho, long before his game against Kansas. It was already a big move when he invited Iheanacho and Chidi Nwakali to train with the first team. Then he selected them as promising stars for the preseason.
If iheanacho had a bad pre season, the coaches wouldn't look his way durring the course of the season. Man city would have loaned him out to a club in Norway or Kazakhstan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:43am On Nov 05, 2016
goldfish80:

If iheanacho had a bad pre season, the coaches wouldn't look his way durring the course of the season. Man city would have loaned him out to a club in Norway or Kazakhstan.

Not bad preseason but performance in camp. The coaches knew Iheanacho was quality in camp, not preseason.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 8:43am On Nov 05, 2016
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romaric_Rogombé why is this Gabonese goal machine not in Europe?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 8:43am On Nov 05, 2016
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romaric_Rogombé why is this Gabonese goal machine not in Europe?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:44am On Nov 05, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Let Akpeyi show he is capable of handling the pressure in camp. Not history of games. Let him Outshine the others.
Akpeyi in the Psl has one clean sheet in 6 games. And conceedes And average of 1 goal per game for Chipa United. Alampasu in the Portuguese amateur league has no clean sheet in 7 games and conceedes 1.6 goals per game.
How you think Alampasu will Outshine Akpeyi is beyond me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:46am On Nov 05, 2016
zuchyblink:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romaric_Rogombé
why is this Gabonese goal machine not in Europe?

Amazing, top quality stats. I think the question should go to the Gabonese coaches. How come Romaric played only eight games since 2012 for the National team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:46am On Nov 05, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

So,you are comparing an ordinary kids tournament to a high profile world cup qualifier with all its intensity.

This is not just about a stadium filled with people dancing and waving flags but the seriousness,importance and weight of this encounter.
What we 're saying is that this is the wrong match to be used in testing a greenhorn. It will not be a clever move,except we have no other choice. No serious coach will try such gamble.

There will never be a right time to play him, it's not like we have a bunch of games lined up for testing. The AFCOM qualifier's that should have been his chance, Siasia threw it to that PSL boy and he ruined it, so no AFCON, the friendlies? Rohr was testing his first and second choice players.

I just want him to get a fair chance and he may not get it, and to think some people are even talking about Enyeama's return, so, when will we see Dele? When he's 27 and has played all the games some of you require for someone to be a decent goalie?

After all this talk, na Ezenwa go come man post finally
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:47am On Nov 05, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Not bad preseason but performance in camp. The coaches knew Iheanacho was quality in camp, not preseason.
Is pre season not a training camp?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 8:48am On Nov 05, 2016
Did anybody follow Kelechi Nwakali last night?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:48am On Nov 05, 2016
goldfish80:

Akpeyi in the Psl has one clean sheet in 6 games. And conceedes And average of 1 goal per game for Chipa United. Alampasu in the Portuguese amateur league has no clean sheet in 7 games and conceedes 1.6 goals per game.
How you think Alampasu will Outshine Akpeyi is beyond me.

Let Akpeyi Outshine Alampasu in camp. I repeat, I do not know who will Outshine in camp. I want the best in camp to man our post. Whether Akpeyi, Ezenwa or Alampasu.

I wonder how many times I have to repeat the same thing for you to get it.

I want the best in camp to keep.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:50am On Nov 05, 2016
goldfish80:

Is pre season not a training camp?

Preseason games, the matches are not a training camp. They are football games. The training happens before the game. Pellegrini called Iheanacho and C. Nwakali to go for the preseason tour after camping and training.

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (16169) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: zicky(m), villagereporter(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.