Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,429 members, 7,850,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:53 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2537) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11864624 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2534) (2535) (2536) (2537) (2538) (2539) (2540) ... (16250) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:13am On Jan 08, 2018
grin

safarigirl:
who dem come buy am for? Girona?

I could have sworn it was said here that Guardiola broke an arm and a leg to get Kayode last minute? Someone claimed that Guardiola had such high regard for Kayode that he simply had to get him into City. Is that not the case?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:22am On Jan 08, 2018
Forgiveness , please change the broken record. it's overplayed . Else you can open a new thread for that specific purpose.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 7:30am On Jan 08, 2018
Joebie:
Doesn't bother me, as long as he keeps doing a good job for SE.

But he hasn't been that good for the SE either. Take away the second half against Argentina and the cameo goal against Zambia, he's been flat ever since.

We complained on this thread about his output against Algeria at home and South Africa. His poor display in those 2 games saw him benched for Moses Simon in the Cameroun double header and Zambia decider.

You may choose to turn a blind eye to his below par performances but not all of us have goldfish memory.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:33am On Jan 08, 2018
You are as good as your last game for SE.

goldfish80:

But he hasn't been that good for the SE either. Take away the second half against Argentina and the cameo goal against Zambia, he's been flat ever since.

We complained on this thread about his output against Algeria at home and South Africa. His poor display in those 2 games saw him benched for Moses Simon in the Cameroun double header and Zambia decider.

You may choose to turn a blind eye to his below par performances but not all of us have goldfish memory.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 7:39am On Jan 08, 2018
g0tze:
Let's do away with the bickerings and focus on the task at hand which is the world cup.
I have some important questions to ask.
For instance which players can anyone of you rightly predict will be among the 23 man squard.
Is there a possibility that the super eagles will make it past second round or What are the chances of eagles making it past second round.
goldfish80 TheGoodjoe safarigirl somehow joebie BascoVanveli tbaba1234 OMANBALA1 kog45 Oasis007 icons4 icon79 humility017 terzurum5 i need your thoughts on my question

Chances of making it past 2nd round if we get past the group stage depemds on who we face in the second round.
If we place 2nd in the group, France beckons (they are expected to come 1st in their group). Our chances against them are very slim. They are one of the hot favorites for the diadem.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:41am On Jan 08, 2018
Kog45:
Chijioke Ejiogu(Arugo monkey)we have brilliants keepers in the league in those days,hope you remember Greg Etafia,very solid keeper.Sunday Rotimi which i rate than Enyeama,Ejide and Aiyenugba then but surprisedly i heard that is still playing in the league.

Yes. His performance never projected him to the Super Eagles then because we had Enyeama, Ejide and Ayenugba. EOD.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 7:43am On Jan 08, 2018
Joebie:
You are as good as your last game for SE.

YOu can give him that benefit of doubt, doesn't change the facts. Hopefully, it doesn't blowback in our faces when it matters most since we choose to be over protective.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:54am On Jan 08, 2018
Icon4s:

Yes. His performance never projected him to the Super Eagles then because we had Enyeama, Ejide and Ayenugba. EOD.
Even as at that time Chiejoke Ejiogu was not better than the trio but good keeper that can be bank on,i remember watching him against Enyimba with Dele in goal,my man he stole the show,it was Ejiogu vs Aiyenugba cos the two had a great 120 minutes but during penalties shootout,Ejiogu was fantastic.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 7:56am On Jan 08, 2018
g0tze:
Let's do away with the bickerings and focus on the task at hand which is the world cup.
I have some important questions to ask.
For instance which players can anyone of you rightly predict will be among the 23 man squard.
Is there a possibility that the super eagles will make it past second round or What are the chances of eagles making it past second round.
goldfish80 TheGoodjoe safarigirl somehow joebie BascoVanveli tbaba1234 OMANBALA1 kog45 Oasis007 icons4 icon79 humility017 terzurum5 i need your thoughts on my question
Paul Onuachu will make it to the final list together with Joel Obi. [Whispers] I Like Those Guys.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 7:59am On Jan 08, 2018
tbaba1234:
Ebuehi linked with Benfica move but he is leaning towards an England move..

I'd love he moves to Benfica and leave the fuss on English club for now. Don't these players have advisers? He gets to play European football every year that alone is all the needed exposure than going to play in the Coca-cola championship where the spotlight is far.

If a move to Benfica comes that would be his best move not England. England is overhyped jare
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:02am On Jan 08, 2018
Does it not surprise you that his shots are so on point when playing for SE?
There is no logic in complaining about his performances against Algeria in the past etc, when he's done very well in his most recent matches for SE. Judge him by that until he starts performing badly.. When he was doing badly for us, we all called him out here.. nobody is protective of him.. that's just in your head.

goldfish80:

YOu can give him that benefit of doubt, doesn't change the facts. Hopefully, it doesn't blowback in our faces when it matters most since we choose to be over protective.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:07am On Jan 08, 2018
Cardiff City are set to announce the signing of ex-Watford striker Ogo Obi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 8:13am On Jan 08, 2018
safarigirl:
let Klopp face his front for now. We will get back to him after World Cup, make we dey count how many of our players dey chop bench gut
lol.

But what do you think. Can he make it at Liverpool. Will it be a good move if it's true
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:20am On Jan 08, 2018
Joebie:
Does it not surprise you that his shots are so on point when playing for SE?
There is no logic in complaining about his performances against Algeria in the past etc, when he's done very well in his most recent matches for SE. Judge him by that until he starts performing badly.. When he was doing badly for us, we all called him out here.. nobody is protective of him.. that's just in your head.

It's not in my head. Myself and Omabala have been the few ones bold enough to call him out for poor performances when the majority have chosen to have a go at Arsenal fans instead of looking at the boy's performance critically.

I find it it ironic that we complain about Nigerian players lack of international recognition in individual awards, but we set the bar very low for the promising ones.
This is exactly what you're doing by ignoring his club form and judging him solely on his last game for the national team a couple of months back.

This is not the way to go if excellence is our aspiration.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:29am On Jan 08, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

You are never a Believer of Experience, hence engaging you in this Discourse gonna end in Futile, coz experience-wise the Gap is too wide and both ain't in the same Class!

Puel has managed Top Teams like Monaco, Lyon, Lille, Nice, Southampton and now Leicester - these are Elites Clubs, not second Division Clubs.

He won many Titles as a Player, also as a Manager he has won Titles. Can you name the Achievement(s) of Lee Johnson?!

Who doesn't know experience is the best teacher. They just pretend not to believe in experience just to promote their favorite inexperienced young players.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:30am On Jan 08, 2018
Read my first comment again.
I said i'm fine as long as he keeps doing well for SE.
Why should I judge him by Arsenal standards if he keeps doing for us what he did against Argentina?
it's simple logic. It's not setting the bar low.. It seems like you people want angels to come and play for SE. The reality on ground is that there are few Nigerians getting regular playing time in the big leagues. And there is nothing we can do about that.. Or what solution are you suggesting? You are talking about being over protective of him as if his sponsors are here.. we are just Nairalanders, we don't decide how these players careers go.

When Iwobi was performing badly for SE, many of us here called him out.. Maybe you are referring to another thread where you and Omanbala belong.

goldfish80:

It's not in my head. Myself and Omabala have been the few ones bold enough to call him out for poor performances when the majority have chosen to have a go at Arsenal fans instead of looking at the boy's performance critically.

I find it it ironic that we complain about Nigerian players lack of international recognition in individual awards, but we set the bar very low for the promising ones.
This is exactly what you're doing by ignoring his club form and judging him solely on his last game for the national team a couple of months back.

This is not the way to go if excellence is our aspiration.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:31am On Jan 08, 2018
Kog45:
Even as at that time Chiejoke Ejiogu was not better than the trio but good keeper that can be bank on,i remember watching him against Enyimba with Dele in goal,my man he stole the show,it was Ejiogu vs Aiyenugba cos the two had a great 120 minutes but during penalties shootout,Ejiogu was fantastic.

Maybe if there was a CHAN Eagles team as at then, he would have been banked on but not the Super Eagles team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:35am On Jan 08, 2018
Joebie:
Read my first comment again.
I said i'm fine as long as he keeps doing well for SE.
Why should I judge him by Arsenal standards if he keeps doing for us what he did against Argentina?
it's simple logic. It's not setting the bar low.. It seems like you people want angels to come and play for SE. The reality on ground is that there are few Nigerians getting regular playing time in the big leagues. And there is nothing we can do about that.. Or what solution are you suggesting? You are talking about being over protective of him as if his sponsors are here.. we are just Nairalanders, we don't decide how these players careers go.

When Iwobi was performing badly for SE, many of us here called him out.. Maybe you are referring to another thread where you and Omanbala belong.

In the entire 2017, he had one good game for the national team. That is not good enough no matter how anybody feels about it.
It is a miscalculation if you think he has been doing well for the SE and his form for Arsenal is negligible. Period

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:37am On Jan 08, 2018
Joebie:
As is stands, these are sure bankers
1. Victor Moses
2. Obi Mikel
3. Kelechi Iheanacho
4. Alex Iwobi
5. Odion Ighalo
6. Leon Balogun
7. Troost Ekong
8. Moses Simon
9. Shehu Abdullahi
10. Wilfred Ndidi
11. Eddy Onazi

If these players can show their relevance again in March friendlies, they are sure bankers
1. Brian Idowu
2. John Ogu
3. Tyronne Ebuehi

4. Ahmed Musa*he should be in category 3 just like Echiejele cos he still has a lot to prove that why he is still relevant in the team

5. Chidozie Awaziem*he should be in category 1 of your list though not really spectacular but his performance in French league is awesome and remain the best performing SE CB

6. Kenneth Omeruo

7. Francis Uzoho

8. Vincent Enyeama (IF)*i don't think Enyeama is ready to come back so let plan with what we have for now

These players still have a lot to prove:
1. Mikel Agu*i don't rate him but he should be in category 2 of your list

2. Anthony Nwakaeme

3. Olarenwaju Kayode (IF in consideration)*if Nwakaeme is considered then definitely he would be considered.

4. Oghenekaro Etebo

5. Henry Onyekuru*his recent injury likely to affect his chances cos he is a fringe player in eagles even when fit.

6. Ola Aina*am seeing him making the team and it w depend on Echiejele form and fitness though Ebuhei and Idowu still need to tell us their performance against Argentina is not a fluke.

7. Elderson Echiejile*if Musa is in category 2 then Echiejele should be there cos despite his poor showing he still maintain his starting berth until injury set in.

Some players who are not in the team who would get an opportunity to gate crash:
1. Joel Obi*i don't see him gatecrashed into the team cos he is not reliable due to injury.

2. Sarenren Bazee*well one of the players Rohr convinced to play for Nigeria with that he can make it but need to prove he has overcome his injury.

3. Isaac Success*only sentiment would make him made the team,apart from that i don't see him breaking into the team

[b]I hope I am not missing any names here[/b]Ezenwa, Akpeyi, Alampasu,Ajiboye and Maduka,mind you any of our keepers can make the team cos it's open for grab

I don't expect it to be an easy pass for Torunarigha, Uduokhai and Akpboguma if they all switch to playing for Nigeria. But one of the trio may make it to Russia.

__I don't want to talk much on these trio cos they are not ready so count them out.

Our chances:
Nigeria will go past the second round for the first time. That I am sure of. I foresee us stealing a point from the Argentina game.
Iceland will shock one team in the group.
Argentina will get two unfavorable results. you know anything below a win is unfavorable for them.

-----better for Argentina to get good result in their first two matches so that we can have relax mind to play them not getting favourable results against Iceland and Croatia meaning our match against them would be difficult. Let everything be settled before Argentina match,am seeing Nigeria and Argentina making it to the next round.

Good list but read my little inputs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:42am On Jan 08, 2018
I've already made my point. Iwobi was not great for Arsenal during the period he sent us to the WC and when he scored a double against Argentina. So what is your conclusion on that? So when I say if he keeps performing well for us, that's the context. If you want to judge him by the entire 2017 and say he is not good enough, then what are you suggesting we should do about it?
What is your point really?

goldfish80:

In the entire 2017, he had one good game for the national team. That is not good enough no matter how anybody feels about it.
It is a miscalculation if you think he has been doing well for the SE and his form for Arsenal is negligible. Period

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:47am On Jan 08, 2018
Icon4s:

Maybe if there was a CHAN Eagles team as at then, he would have been banked on but not the Super Eagles team.
My man i said he wasn't better than the trio but very good keeper that would not be shaking like Ezenwa and Akpeyi that we are banking on now if given the chance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:51am On Jan 08, 2018
Farzat:

You argue everyday because you're devoid intelligence n sufficient points to win argument. [/b]I don't need to know u in person to know that you're not a successful person[b] and u think everyone here is on d same page with u
Stop being daft. He has a different to yours - does that give you a reason to say the bolded?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:58am On Jan 08, 2018
Ahmed Musa bagged an assist against Argentina. If he does something similar again during the March friendlies, do you think his chances will be slim?
On Awaziem, I'm going by performance in SE colors. He did well against Argentina. If he repeats a similar feat during the March friendlies he would be as well on the plane to Russia.

On Vincent Enyeama (IF), no point replaying this debate. I already put a big IF.
On Kayode, I said "IF in consideration", he has a point to prove. You are saying if Nwakaeme, is then he should be. That's what you say. But you won't be the one handing the invites.

I am not bringing any sentiments to his. When Aina made his debut I hailed him. But since then he's not been impressive for SE. He has a point to prove. I never said he won't make it to Russia.

Bazeee just started to get game time.. Both he and Success are in a similar category. Rohr is interested in both, but something has always stood in their way to joining to the team.. Let's be realistic. They belong to the same class. no sentiments here. Once Success starts to get game time, he will definitely get a call up.

As regards our group chances, let's wait and see.

Echiejile retained his staring place for a long spell due to lack of competition. The situation is very different now.

Kog45:
Good list but read my little inputs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:02am On Jan 08, 2018
Kog45:
My man i said he wasn't better than the trio but very good keeper that would not be shaking like Ezenwa and Akpeyi that we are banking on now if given the chance.

He was not tested at the international level. Club and national team football are not the same. So you can't conclude he would have faired better.

If a goalie like Akpeyi with his performance in the PSL was never given the chance to play for the SE you would have said he was one of the best goalies that was never given the opportunity.

The other day some of us were blaming the Eagles handlers of the 90s for not giving Williams Okpara a chance in the Super Eagles only for the clips of the Holland friendly to surface and we found out it was the William Okpara that was the atrocious keeper in that second half.

I personal do not feel comfortable rating players that are or were not tested.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:03am On Jan 08, 2018
Joebie:
Ahmed Musa bagged an assist against Argentina. If he does something similar again during the March friendlies, do you think his chances will be slim?
On Awaziem, I'm going by performance in SE colors. He did well against Argentina. If he repeats a similar feat during the March friendlies he would be as well on the plane to Russia.

On Vincent Enyeama (IF), no point replaying this debate. I already put a big IF.
On Kayode, I said "IF in consideration", he has a point to prove. You are saying if Nwakaeme, is then he should be. That's what you say. But you won't be the one handing the invites.

I am not bringing any sentiments to his. When Aina made his debut I hailed him. But since then he's not been impressive for SE. He has a point to prove. I never said he won't make it to Russia.

Bazeee just started to get game time.. Both he and Success are in a similar category. Rohr is interested in both, but something has always stood in their way to joining to the team.. Let's be realistic. They belong to the same class. no sentiments here. Once Success starts to get game time, he will definitely get a call up.

As regards our group chances, let's wait and see.

Echiejile retained his staring place for a long spell due to lack of competition. The situation is very different now.

Bazee is getting games but Success is not even making match day squad so different scenario.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:08am On Jan 08, 2018
Joebie:
I've already made my point. Iwobi was not great for Arsenal during the period he sent us to the WC and when he scored a double against Argentina. So what is your conclusion on that? So when I say if he keeps performing well for us, that's the context. If you want to judge him by the entire 2017 and say he is not good enough, then what are you suggesting we should do about it?
What is your point really?

My point is simple and very plain.
Iwobi haven't been that great for both club and country if we judge his all round round game in 2017.

What he does for Arsenal matters alot in his development. Hypothetically, he finds himself in league 2 he won't be considered for SE. So club form matters in the grand scheme of things. Club form can never be isolated

Iwobi is not above criticism, he has has done nothing to be above criticism. He's neither Messi nor Pele.

Finally, Arsenal fans aren't out to get him because he's Nigerian. All Arsenal fans are not English. The English ones have long forgotten he dropped England for Nigeria. Rob Holden, Walcot, Welbeck were the most heavily criticized yesterday and they are English.
I took my time to type all these because many posters here seem to erroneously think people are out to get Iwobi because he's Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:13am On Jan 08, 2018
goldfish80:

I don't think his form has been as poor as people make it seem. Maybe he needs to take the game by the neck a little more but for the most part Arsenal fans are making him the scapegoat for their lack of steel in the back.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:18am On Jan 08, 2018
Icon4s:

He was not tested at the international level. Club and national team football are not the same. So you can't conclude he would have faired better.

If a goalie like Akpeyi with his performance in the PSL was never given the chance to play for the SE you would have said he was one of the best goalies that was never given the opportunity.

The other day some of us were blaming the Eagles handlers of the 90s for not giving Williams Okpara a chance in the Super Eagles only for the clips of the Holland friendly to surface and we found out it was the William Okpara that was the atrocious keeper in that second half.

I personal do not feel comfortable rating players that are or were not tested.

I didn't start this,someone said Ejiogu was a good keeper and i said oh Arugo Monkey very good keeper nothing more.I don't think anyone mentioned may be he was good for Eagles then but you came up with eagles stuff.

On goalkeepers given chance before you can rate them,well if i see one i know and that's why i will always rate Uzoho and Ajiboye than Ezenwa and Akpeyi.

I'm one of the critique of Uzoho but watching him against Girona i changed my mind,also watching Ajiboye against Guinea showed that he is good and recent NPFL six invitational tournament in Kano showed Ajiboye is better than Ezenwa but am not the coach,if Rohr still stick with Ezenwa no issue cos is a must to respect his decision.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:23am On Jan 08, 2018
Kog45:
I didn't start this,someone said Ejiogu was a good keeper and i said oh Arugo Monkey very good keeper nothing more.I don't think anyone mentioned may be he was good for Eagles then but you came up with eagles stuff.

On goalkeepers given chance before you can rate them,well if i see one i know and that's why i will always rate Uzoho and Ajiboye than Ezenwa and Akpeyi.

I'm one of the critique of Uzoho but watching him against Girona i changed my mind,also watching Ajiboye against Guinea showed that he is good and recent NPFL six invitational tournament in Kano showed Ajiboye is better than Ezenwa but am not the coach,if Rohr still stick with Ezenwa no issue cos is a must to respect his decision.

But you compared Ejiogu with today's Akpeyi and Ezenwa.

Anyways, this no be court of law. We are just discussing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:23am On Jan 08, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

I don't think his form has been as poor as people make it seem. Maybe he needs to take the game by the neck a little more but for the most part Arsenal fans are making him the scapegoat for their lack of steel in the back.

Th bolded is not true. Arsenal fans have mostly held the club responsible for not investing enough in the squad with a semi retired Materscaker, injury prone Koscielny (the guy have basically been playing with 1 Achilles), Xhaka with no recovery pace, Bellerin (hates defending).
These guys are basically the ones they point out for their lack of resilience at the back.
They call Iwobi out for lack out offensive output and rightly so.

I follow Arsenal quite a bit because I find them entertaining on Nd off the pitch
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:25am On Jan 08, 2018
I am saying Iwobi wasn't above criticism here when he played badly for SE. If we can criticize him when he played badly for the SE, it shows he is not viewed as a sacred cow.
Just come out clearly and say what he did against Zambia and Argentina was a fluke, then we can start talking.

Well, I'm only hopeful that he continues with his recent performances for SE. Because he's been that player scoring in crucial moments for us. It's not like the rest of our players have always been consistent. I want us to do well at the World Cup. And that's why I'm on this thread.. I'm not here to play favoritisms.. to protect some players and attack others. My motive is clean. As long as Iwobi can continue to bring that good recent SE form to the table I am okay.

goldfish80:

My point is simple and very plain.
Iwobi haven't been that great for both club and country if we judge his all round round game in 2017.

What he does for Arsenal matters alot in his development. Hypothetically, he finds himself in league 2 he won't be considered for SE. So club form matters in the grand scheme of things. Club form can never be isolated

Iwobi is not above criticism, he has has done nothing to be above criticism. He's neither Messi nor Pele.

Finally, Arsenal fans aren't out to get him because he's Nigerian. All Arsenal fans are not English. The English ones have long forgotten he dropped England for Nigeria. Rob Holden, Walcot, Welbeck were the most heavily criticized yesterday and they are English.
I took my time to type all these because many posters here seem to erroneously think people are out to get Iwobi because he's Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:34am On Jan 08, 2018
Success only made that category because he's been long considered by Rohr just like Bazee. If he doesn't get game time before March he may as well kiss Russia goodbye.

Kog45:
Bazee is getting games but Success is not even making match day squad so different scenario.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2534) (2535) (2536) (2537) (2538) (2539) (2540) ... (16250) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: justvictor57(m), kentebemoney, foxman04 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.