Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,493 members, 7,830,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2536) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11756042 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2533) (2534) (2535) (2536) (2537) (2538) (2539) ... (16184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:14pm On Jan 07, 2018
forgiveness:

Where is Mane from before going to EPL?

Don't use Mane's success in the EPL to make excuse for Kayode..
Mane took his chance at Southampton and it paid off.. Kayode has gotten enough playing time this season even more than Iheanacho that u like to compare him with,but what has he done? a few assist and a la liga team of d season inclusion and what else??

The earlier u realise that Kayode chance of making our world cup squad is the same as Mikel being dropped, the better for u...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:14pm On Jan 07, 2018
Danielnino00:

So it was actually Man city that signed Kayode and not Pep!!

I thought as much grin grin .

And forgiveness was saying Pep saw something special in kayode before signing him grin

Wetin Pep dy find for Austria league? grin

PS:I'm not hating on Kayode or anybody, but I don't see anything special about him that makes forgiveness to keep praising him to the extent of belittling other already established players in the SE..

Keep in mind Pep's brother, Pere is a co-owner of Girona. I believe Pep and his brother went over Kayode's tape and felt he was a good addition to the City group project. However, I doubt he was a pick for Manchester City main team.

The City group project looks good on paper. With New York City FC (US), Melbourne FC (Australia), Yokohama FC (Japan), Now Girona but unfortunately, Machin is not rotating the team enough to allow City players to show themselves.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:15pm On Jan 07, 2018
kingphilip:
the same faith shown on Lacazette that has turned him into the highest goal scorer in the premier league right?

At least Lacazette has scored some goals and won vital points for arsenal...

Iwobi isn't doing what's expected of him that's why he is the major target of the angry gunners...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 11:16pm On Jan 07, 2018
I will just press the ignore button for some people... Can't be discussing with....... Abeg ọ.. I comment my reserve... It is just too shameful...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:16pm On Jan 07, 2018
eterisan:
that's one to look for the future... Eddy is phenomenal.. Bravo is bravo... Lolz... Maybe In the future gunn will be 2nd choice maybe... The way Joe hart tek go down even akpeyi get hope.. Lolz

Do not pass dark corners at night because this your statement can make Joe Hart look for you. grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:18pm On Jan 07, 2018
eterisan:
the number one priority for girona is survival.. Don't expect them to play players because city wants them to.. At best the loanees rẹ squad players bar Pablo.. I believe if you are up for it and good enough you can't be overlooked.. The strikers there are scoring goals... U don't expect Kayode to bench em... Do you

I feel Kayode is better than Stuani and would have offered Girona more if he was given a run to spearhead their attack. Well, this is me being Sentimental. I have not watched both of them enough to judge.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 11:18pm On Jan 07, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Do not pass dark corners at night because this your statement can make Joe Hart look for you. grin
my belle ọ.. Kikikikkikikiki.. U just made my day.... I Dr laugh faint here... I be Warri boy.. Joe ur name sake nr fit do me chichi

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enigmaticmotik(m): 11:22pm On Jan 07, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

If experience was paramount, Guardiola would never have defeated Sir Alex Ferguson who was one of the most decorated and one of the most experienced coaches in World Football. Guardiola fresh from coaching Junior football not only beat Sir Alex Ferguson in the Champions League finals but gave him a lesson in the art of possession-heavy style football.

Losing to Guardiola doesn't mean Guardiola was better, looking at the calibers of players Barca had then. Someone once said "You can loose with good players, but without good players you cannot win"
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 11:23pm On Jan 07, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

I feel Kayode is better than Stuani and would have offered Girona more if he was given a run to spearhead their attack. Well, this is me being Sentimental. I have not watched both of them enough to judge.
retract ur statement.... Stuani is the aguero of girona... He uses his head like agali.... If you knw what I mean...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:25pm On Jan 07, 2018
Danielnino00:

At least Lacazette has scored some goals and won vital points for arsenal...

Iwobi isn't doing what's expected of him that's why he is the major target of the angry gunners...

They should target their defenders.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:27pm On Jan 07, 2018
eterisan:
retract ur statement.... Stuani is the aguero of girona... He uses his head like agali.... If you knw what I mean...

Still feel Kayode would have scored more for Girona with more time on the pitch.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:28pm On Jan 07, 2018
angry angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:30pm On Jan 07, 2018
BTW When 2019 comes and Waiting Patiently for when Trudy12 comments, a din know which is going to happen 1st

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 11:32pm On Jan 07, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Still feel Kayode would have scored more for Girona with more time on the pitch.
you have a right to feel.. But why u feel so.. Maybe u can elucidate.. Have you watched Kayode play at girona or in Europe.. Don't call past youth team whatever for me abeg... This your statement is like saying u feel nacho will score more than aguero given more playing time... It is at best a pipe dream... I am not berating our players but... Uh... They are not there yet na.. We hope de will sha ó... If Kayode is to break into any team it should be girona right.... Let's see how it goes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:34pm On Jan 07, 2018
enigmaticmotik:

Losing to Guardiola doesn't mean Guardiola was better, looking at the calibers of players Barca had then. Someone once said "You can loose with good players, but without good players you cannot win"

Manchester United was a team that have won the EPL back to back before that final. They were the Champions League winner the season before that final. They were a good team with the likes of Tevez, Cristiano Ronaldo, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Scholes, Giggs etc.

Guardiola was the better manager because he moulded that team to his taste and played to the strength of the team. Crushing the back to back EPL Champions and Champions League holders like a sledgehammer on an ant.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:38pm On Jan 07, 2018
eterisan:
you have a right to feel.. But why u feel so.. Maybe u can elucidate.. Have you watched Kayode play at girona or in Europe.. Don't call past youth team whatever for me abeg... This your statement is like saying u feel nacho will score more than aguero given more playing time... It is at best a pipe dream... I am not berating our players but... Uh... They are not there yet na.. We hope de will sha ó... If Kayode is to break into any team it should be girona right.... Let's see how it goes.

Have you seen Aguero miss goals? Iheanacho will definitely convert more. However, Aguero offers more to the team than Iheanacho. Last season, Aguero missed two penalty kicks in a game against Steau Bucharest.

At least I caught few games of Kayode in the Europa League and why I rate him over Stuani is his mobility. As I said, it is a sentimental pick because I have not watched much of Stuani to judge if he gets picked over Kayode based on team tactics.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 11:40pm On Jan 07, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Have you seen Aguero miss goals? Iheanacho will definitely convert more. However, Aguero offers more to the team than Iheanacho. Last season, Aguero missed two penalty kicks in a game against Steau Bucharest.

At least I caught few games of Kayode in the Europa League and why I rate him over Stuani is his mobility. As I said, it is a sentimental pick because I have not watched much of Stuani to judge if he gets picked over Kayode based on team tactics.
nor start argument abeg bros... Nacho convert more.. Oboy... You rẹ very sentimental... Hehehheeheheheh... Well Stuani is picked cos of tactics.. Very good with his head... And the wing backs pump him crosses.. Check the stats....shey u sabi that whoscored thing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:50pm On Jan 07, 2018
Farzat:

Drop d mentality if defending your own, our own is SE of Nigeria and not tribe. we are talking about Nigerian football here and Nigeria is not made up of 2 tribes. Talk of defending my own, i personally prefer Kayode to Nacho due to my love for pressing strikers. I hate to see Nacho make those elementary first touches that puts his team under pressure whenever he loses d ball. But we have a foreign coach that has invited both of them to camp n observe them closely n choose who he feels that suits his game plan. Pls lets support d coach n respect his decisions.
If others start making list of their favorite players that should be invited based on performance u will find out that u dont have anybody.
U complained when your favorite player is not invited and when he is invited you complain that he is not given a chance. Then i asked myself was d player not given a chance to train with d rest of d team? Note that there are over 50 Nigerian players doing well abroad that has not been invited, some were invited n dropped (Imoh, Esiti, Aaron samuel, Alampasu etc, while some that are always invited are still waiting for an opportunity e.g Ogu, ebuehi, Agbo etc.
You dont even mind if Musa is invited but u dont want to hear that name Nacho, Nwakeme, Onyekuru etc.
Bro with all due respect, i will advise u to drop hate for a tribe because u cant beat it. Free your heart from hate and stop hurting your emotion for something you cant change. I really wonder how you sleep and wake up with d same argument. This is 2018, I am sincerely expecting u to change and support our dear SE so u can celebrate and be happy with others when we will be winning in Russia.

Sometimes, I just wonder how people think.

Which mentality?

Is it the mentality to believe in what people don't believe or believe what people wants me to believe?

If defending Kayode, Solanke, Ajagun and other foreign players is your defination of defending my own then you don't have a case.

Because you should have used your rational to think if these players are worth defending in the first place before you start uttering unreasonable statement devoid of common sense.

So, because you think I am their own I should ignore their talents and performance, and pretend all his well just to seek relevance here.

My friend, where were you when I argued Solanke is a talent when he was nobody at Vitesse?

Where were you when these sets of defamers called me names when I said Kayode is a good striker even before he scored double dig goals at Austrian league for two seasons?

Where were you when I said Ajagun is a consistent AMF just right after hevwas declared surplus to requirement at Panatiakos?

I made cases for these players when they were nothing but I got called names for doing so.

Where are these players now.

Solanke has gone to be best player in the U20 and he is currently playing with Liverpool. Na me defend am go win trophy come join better club.

Na me carry Kayode leg take score double digits goals for two season and win best best player award before he went to Manchester City?

Na me find Ajagun club reach Belgium.

I can't forfeit my judgments neither can i substitute common sense for sentiments just to please mortals. I am sorry, I can't.

It is your duty to check if those players mentioned are doing well instead of displaying your lack of intelligence.

Moreover, who told you I wanted Onyekuru, Iheanacho and Nwakaeme dropped?

I think you're in delusion. Please, wake up.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:54pm On Jan 07, 2018
Danielnino00:

Don't use Mane's success in the EPL to make excuse for Kayode..
Mane took his chance at Southampton and it paid off.. Kayode has gotten enough playing time this season even more than Iheanacho that u like to compare him with,but what has he done? a few assist and a la liga team of d season inclusion and what else??

The earlier u realise that Kayode chance of making our world cup squad is the same as Mikel being dropped, the better for u...

I think you should tell Manchester City's scouts and Guardiola about getting players from lowly Austrian league.

Kayode has a chance, fine. But tell me where he was played. Simple.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 12:11am On Jan 08, 2018
What a night.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Farzat: 1:28am On Jan 08, 2018
forgiveness:

Sometimes, I just wonder how people think.

Which mentality?

Is it the mentality to believe in what people don't believe or believe what people wants me to believe?

If defending Kayode, Solanke, Ajagun and other foreign players is your defination of defending my own then you don't have a case.

Because you should have used your rational to think if these players are worth defending in the first place before you start uttering unreasonable statement devoid of common sense.

So, because you think I am their own I should ignore their talents and performance, and pretend all his well just to seek relevance here.

My friend, where were you when I argued Solanke is a talent when he was nobody at Vitesse?

Where were you when these sets of defamers called me names when I said Kayode is a good striker even before he scored double dig goals at Austrian league for two seasons?

Where were you when I said Ajagun is a consistent AMF just right after hevwas declared surplus to requirement at Panatiakos?

I made cases for these players when they were nothing but I got called names for doing so.

Where are these players now.

Solanke has gone to be best player in the U20 and he is currently playing with Liverpool. Na me defend am go win trophy come join better club.

Na me carry Kayode leg take score double digits goals for two season and win best best player award before he went to Manchester City?

Na me find Ajagun club reach Belgium.

I can't forfeit my judgments neither can i substitute common sense for sentiments just to please mortals. I am sorry, I can't.

It is your duty to check if those players mentioned are doing well instead of displaying your lack of intelligence.

Moreover, who told you I wanted Onyekuru, Iheanacho and Nwakaeme dropped?

I think you're in delusion. Please, wake up.

You argue everyday because you're devoid intelligence n sufficient points to win argument. I don't need to know u in person to know that you're not a successful person and u think everyone here is on d same page with u

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 2:19am On Jan 08, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

[color=#000099]

Nacho can play in different Systems but a team that creates chances is best suited for his high conversion rate. [/color]

Every striker wants a team that creates chances, if he has a high converson rate as stats indicates then he does not need a team that creates so many chances. The man city team that nacho was scoring with ease in does not create as many chances as this present team. Pep however does not think he fits into his system, same way be feels about aguero. Many people say sterling has improved maybe in other aspects of his game but his conversion rate is still woeful but he has the luck or privilege of playing in a team where he can get 3 to 4 clear cut chances and 5 to 6 half chances. The only reason me thinks he is still highly rated by pep is that he fits into peps style. Versatility and adaptability will always remain a plus. Fabian delph came back almost from oblivion because he became adaptable to a new role.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:05am On Jan 08, 2018
Farzat:

You argue everyday because you're devoid intelligence n sufficient points to win argument. I don't need to know u in person to know that you're not a successful person and u think everyone here is on d same page with u

This is uncalled for.You have no right whatsoever to tell a fellow man he's not successful when you're not his god.
You can disagree with what he stands for but saying he's unsuccessful as a person is a very careless and irresponsible statement that must not be encouraged here, otherwise you will have the forum to yourself and your fellow successful people.

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:12am On Jan 08, 2018
rabzy:

Every striker wants a team that creates chances, if he has a high converson rate as stats indicates then he does not need a team that creates so many chances. The man city team that nacho was scoring with ease in does not create as many chances as this present team. Pep however does not think he fits into his system, same way be feels about aguero. Many people say sterling has improved maybe in other aspects of his game but his conversion rate is still woeful but he has the luck or privilege of playing in a team where he can get 3 to 4 clear cut chances and 5 to 6 half chances. The only reason me thinks he is still highly rated by pep is that he fits into peps style. Versatility and adaptability will always remain a plus. Fabian delph came back almost from oblivion because he became adaptable to a new role.

Meanwhile there are strikers who play in clubs that create chances and have very poor conversion rate. We saw Lukaku against Arsenal.

I am saying Iheanacho has high conversion rate. The reason he pulled stats that was up there with some of the best because of his conversion rate.

If Nacho is to maintain that kind of stat, he has to play in a team that plays possessive attacking football.

Carry Suarez and put in Leicester City, his goal conversion rate will not be as good as his normal rate. Nacho can adapt but the system is poor. He is better playing in a more offensive system. What is the problem in this statement?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 5:18am On Jan 08, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Meanwhile there are strikers who play in clubs that create chances and have very poor conversion rate. We saw Lukaku against Arsenal.

I am saying Iheanacho has high conversion rate. The reason he pulled stats that was up there with some of the best because of his conversion rate.

If Nacho is to maintain that kind of stat, he has to play in a team that plays possessive attacking football.

Carry Suarez and put in Leicester City, his goal conversion rate will not be as good as his normal rate. Nacho can adapt but the system is poor. He is better playing in a more offensive system. What is the problem in this statement?

There is absolutely nothing wrong in the statement just as there is nothing wrong in saying he should be more adaptive in his game, learn new tricks as they say and be less prone to coaches eccentricities.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:24am On Jan 08, 2018
Ebuehi linked with Benfica move but he is leaning towards an England move..

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:24am On Jan 08, 2018
By the way, I saw the Arsenal game and Iwobi wasn't impressive. Take away the assist, he was rather flat and lost the ball too much for my liking.

I always saw Alex Iwobi as a guy with decent technical level and eye of a needle pass but he seem to loose the ball and misplace passes too easily these days.
I thought the Latino model he was dating a while back was his distraction but he haven't improved since their break up.

Being a young player, he can certainly find his form later but football does not wait for anyone. With the back in form Wilshere,a recuperating Ramsey and speculations of Lemar/Mahrez or whoever to cushion the loss of Sanchez. Things could get really tight for him.
Hopefully, his uncles gets across to him & told him the gospel truth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by g0tze: 6:24am On Jan 08, 2018
Let's do away with the bickerings and focus on the task at hand which is the world cup.
I have some important questions to ask.
For instance which players can anyone of you rightly predict will be among the 23 man squard.
Is there a possibility that the super eagles will make it past second round or What are the chances of eagles making it past second round.
goldfish80 TheGoodjoe safarigirl somehow joebie BascoVanveli tbaba1234 OMANBALA1 kog45 Oasis007 icons4 icon79 humility017 terzurum5 i need your thoughts on my question

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:30am On Jan 08, 2018
Farzat:

My man no o,haba,what do you mean,he is not successful?pls stop it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:39am On Jan 08, 2018
Farzat:

Crawl back into your cave Mr success. Bhuahaha!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:03am On Jan 08, 2018
As is stands, these are sure bankers
1. Victor Moses
2. Obi Mikel
3. Kelechi Iheanacho
4. Alex Iwobi
5. Odion Ighalo
6. Leon Balogun
7. Troost Ekong
8. Moses Simon
9. Shehu Abdullahi
10. Wilfred Ndidi
11. Eddy Onazi

If these players can show their relevance again in March friendlies, they are sure bankers
1. Brian Idowu
2. John Ogu
3. Tyronne Ebuehi
4. Ahmed Musa
5. Chidozie Awaziem
6. Kenneth Omeruo
7. Francis Uzoho
8. Vincent Enyeama (IF)

These players still have a lot to prove:
1. Mikel Agu
2. Anthony Nwakaeme
3. Olarenwaju Kayode (IF in consideration)
4. Oghenekaro Etebo
5. Henry Onyekuru
6. Ola Aina
7. Elderson Echiejile

Some players who are not in the team who would get an opportunity to gate crash:
1. Joel Obi
2. Sarenren Bazee
3. Isaac Success

I hope I am not missing any names here

I don't expect it to be an easy pass for Torunarigha, Uduokhai and Akpboguma if they all switch to playing for Nigeria. But one of the trio may make it to Russia.

Our chances:
Nigeria will go past the second round for the first time. That I am sure of. I foresee us stealing a point from the Argentina game.
Iceland will shock one team in the group.
Argentina will get two unfavorable results. you know anything below a win is unfavorable for them.

g0tze:
Let's do away with the bickerings and focus on the task at hand which is the world cup.
I have some important questions to ask.
For instance which players can anyone of you rightly predict will be among the 23 man squard.
Is there a possibility that the super eagles will make it past second round or What are the chances of eagles making it past second round.
goldfish80 TheGoodjoe safarigirl somehow joebie BascoVanveli tbaba1234 OMANBALA1 kog45 Oasis007 icons4 icon79 humility017 terzurum5 i need your thoughts on my question

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:06am On Jan 08, 2018
Doesn't bother me, as long as he keeps doing a good job for SE.

goldfish80:
By the way, I saw the Arsenal game and Iwobi wasn't impressive. Take away the assist, he was rather flat and lost the ball too much for my liking.

I always saw Alex Iwobi as a guy with decent technical level and eye of a needle pass but he seem to loose the ball and misplace passes too easily these days.
I thought the Latino model he was dating a while back was his distraction but he haven't improved since their break up.

Being a young player, he can certainly find his form later but football does not wait for anyone. With the back in form Wilshere,a recuperating Ramsey and speculations of Lemar/Mahrez or whoever to cushion the loss of Sanchez. Things could get really tight for him.
Hopefully, his uncles gets across to him & told him the gospel truth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2533) (2534) (2535) (2536) (2537) (2538) (2539) ... (16184) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mummyson26(m), ddone, TradingGod and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.