Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2555) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11645366 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2552) (2553) (2554) (2555) (2556) (2557) (2558) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 12:21am On Jan 10, 2018
Joebie:
Likita sounds female. That’s actually the point I’m trying to make.

I think " Likita" means a Doctor in Hausa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:25am On Jan 10, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Sir BascoVanVeli, abeg is this the main reason Afeez Aremu, the tireless no.4, wasn't picked for the CHAN?

It was the only reason why he wasn't picked. That was what I was panicking about because Salisu did not get a replacement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:33am On Jan 10, 2018
Icon4s:

Anyone can hack me for this comment if he wants. I am not looking forward to this tourney.

And putting results of this tourney in the records as being played by the Super Eagles of Nigeria makes it more annoying.

Broken record
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:34am On Jan 10, 2018
Chaaaiiiiii.... no wonder. I was really surprised not to have seen his name the first time the list was released. Thanks jare. Wish the teams and Salisu the best shaa.

BascoVanVeli:

It was the only reason why he wasn't picked. That was what I was panicking about because Salisu did not get a replacement.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 12:40am On Jan 10, 2018
safarigirl:
all those his irresponsible UK friends will not be in Russia now, he cannot try this rubbish in camp. Who go follow am party?

Don't underestimate those guys... Nacho and Aina dey...
Party continue... Remember they party hard when beat Cameroon at Uyo...

Just unfortunate for iwobi he's not more staying with his family...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:41am On Jan 10, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Broken record
Call it broken record if you want.
I have said my own.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 12:49am On Jan 10, 2018
goldfish80:

I hope the Nff hire a private security firm to to help keep an eye on these young players while in camp.
Russia have women and vodka. The blend of these two can distract a monk.

Sir.. If they win they will party... Just need to check distance of each group game... Like 4days interval I am kind happy if they win a match they will party that night n following day...

You can't stop them Rohr is not too strict... Even during late big boss.. Them party hard...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 12:54am On Jan 10, 2018
goldfish80:

I hope the Nff hire a private security firm to to help keep an eye on these young players while in camp.
Russia have women and vodka. The blend of these two can distract a monk.

Sir.. If they win they will party... I Just need to check interval of each group game... Like 4days interval I am kind happy if they win a match they will party that night n following day...

You can't stop them Rohr is not too strict... Even during late big boss.. Them party hard...

You remember agali,yakubu And babayaro during 2004 AFCON... Morroco beat us during the opening game one nill... Boys still party....

Now that we have alots of young bloods in the team...

We shouldpray likes of musa, Idowu if they make the list they should not be a bad Influence to them ..cos they know Russians ladies and alot vodka
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 1:10am On Jan 10, 2018
tbaba1234:

Just found out that he is the younger bro of Alhaji Gero

He looks beautiful and cool... Just hope he's good on feet too..

Best of luck to him...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:14am On Jan 10, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:

Best of luck to him...

He was part of Amuneke 2015 team but did not make the final cut
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 1:19am On Jan 10, 2018
tbaba1234:
A goalkeeper trainer attached to Uzoho to get him to World cup standard.

It is an interesting development but i wonder how they do it.. Does Uzoho stay like 1 hour after team training to work on drills or do they fix special times to work?

I believe after your normal training you have the facilities to yourself

Once read when c Ronaldo was in Man Utd.. Ferguson said after their Normal training Ronaldo stayed extra HR in taking free kicks..

They have all day... They can't try for 24hrs a day...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 1:21am On Jan 10, 2018
tbaba1234:

He was part of Amuneke 2015 team but did not make the final cut

Wow... Never knew... Still painful we could not achieve anything with under 20...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 1:25am On Jan 10, 2018
AIG07:
Any news on Vincent?

Dreamt of him coming back and save some shot during WC... grin

Maybe Nah UZOHO I dey see... grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 1:49am On Jan 10, 2018
somehow:
This means you go for their home matches right?

no I don't cuz I'm not based in lagos and schooling doesn't allow me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:31am On Jan 10, 2018
oh really?

Isahalbash:

I think " Likita" means a Doctor in Hausa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:33am On Jan 10, 2018
looks beautiful and cool

soetanoreoluwa:

Best of luck to him...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 6:00am On Jan 10, 2018
Rohr has eventually corroborated me on Nacho and WC
If the dude fails to get game time he cannot be at the world cup QED
For those that think otherwise it's quite shocking how sentiment has blocked their views.
Nacho is a wonder kid but playing more off field and expecting a WC call up is just unprofessional
He must move this January else he waits for Qatar 2022

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 6:34am On Jan 10, 2018
oloriooko:
Rohr has eventually corroborated me on Nacho and WC
If the dude fails to get game time he cannot be at the world cup QED
For those that think otherwise it's quite shocking how sentiment has blocked their views.
Nacho is a wonder kid but playing more off field and expecting a WC call up is just unprofessional
He must move this January else he waits for Qatar 2022

see the issue you're failing to understand is getting a better replacement for him between now and the world cup and not people basing his making it to Russia on sentiment

The world cup is just 5 months away and for the now there's no one firing from all cylinders that can be called up as his replacement and integrated into the team before the world cup and that's what people are hinging his making the plane on

And besides he's not our first choice self

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:01am On Jan 10, 2018
kingphilip:

see the issue you're failing to understand is getting a better replacement for him between now and the world cup and not people basing his making it to Russia on sentiment

The world cup is just 5 months away and for the now there's no one firing from all cylinders that can be called up as his replacement and integrated into the team before the world cup and that's what people are hinging his making the plane on

Boss,we can get a replacement for iheanacho a day b4 d world cup,let alone of 5month,5month is too much sef grin,is he a messi or cr7 grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 7:29am On Jan 10, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:

Dreamt of him coming back and save some shot during WC... grin

Maybe Nah UZOHO I dey see... grin
*smiles*

shey you don hear about Echiejile? Hope he is not injured.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 7:30am On Jan 10, 2018
elyte89:

Boss,we can get a replacement for iheanacho a day b4 d world cup,let alone of 5month,5month is too much sef grin,is he a messi or cr7 grin
why not? When we have someone like you.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:37am On Jan 10, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:

Wow... Never knew... Still painful we could not achieve anything with under 20...

Because we have not given it the importance it deserves.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 7:53am On Jan 10, 2018
elyte89:

abeg tell me one of the replacement

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 8:14am On Jan 10, 2018
kingphilip:

You are failing to see the point gangan
We want him in Russia but not while romancing the bench, a guy that has not featured in the last ten games just like his compatriot Musa
The main point is we want him in Russia in his deadliest form not this rusty form he is now
If he's not moving to get more game time then we have other players in other leagues maybe lower to EPL who play week in week out who should be taken to WC instead of Nacho and Musa. This is what Rohr said and I totally support him. The WC is the Pinnacle of football and you expect the best of your best legs to be there. If Nacho is left out it will be as a result of his inaction

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:38am On Jan 10, 2018
Icon4s:

Call it broken record if you want.

I have said my own.

Oga tell me something new, u say this stuff whenever they have a match. Now u are waiting on them to lose so u can say I told u so.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Liamm(m): 8:45am On Jan 10, 2018
congo4ka:
Any news on our friendly matches? angry
lol. Funny dude grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:49am On Jan 10, 2018
oloriooko:

You are failing to see the point gangan
We want him in Russia but not while romancing the bench, a guy that has not featured in the last ten games just like his compatriot Musa
The main point is we want him in Russia in his deadliest form not this rusty form he is now
If he's not moving to get more game time then we have other players in other leagues maybe lower to EPL who play week in week out who should be taken to WC instead of Nacho and Musa. This is what Rohr said and I totally support him. The WC is the Pinnacle of football and you expect the best of your best legs to be there. If Nacho is left out it will be as a result of his inaction
taken to World Cup because they play week in and week out for their clubs abi? See, words of an internet coach

You wilk carry a bunch of guess work, untested and mistrusted players like Ogbeche, Uzoenyi, Oduamadi them, so that they will go and disgrace you in Russia abi?

As far as I am concerned, Rohr is just saying that to spur them to action, have you heard that he is scouting for new players recently?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 9:24am On Jan 10, 2018
Joebie:
looks beautiful and cool

grin...i expect this from you... Lol.. You are stucking me Abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 9:32am On Jan 10, 2018
Icon4s:

Because we have not given it the importance it deserves.

Too much attention towards super eagles.. I wont blame them though...

And now we all have all under age coaches selected and still nothing is being announced I could remember during Manu garba era prior to 2013...they have started preparation Far back 2011...

Just hope something meaningful comes up this year...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 9:36am On Jan 10, 2018
AIG07:
*smiles*

shey you don hear about Echiejile? Hope he is not injured.

Heard he's injured too but that was last year... Just hope he's fit too and get enough playing time...

Don't you think Argentina coach get bothered and too much about his players not getting much playing time...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 9:41am On Jan 10, 2018
NIGERIA AND LEICESTER CITY STRIKER AHMED MUSA NOT GOING TO TURKEY

Nigeria and Leicester City striker Ahmed Musa not going to Turkey

Nigeria and Leicester City striker Ahmed Musa’s agent has rubbished claims that the Super Eagles international is heading to Turkey.

According to Tony Harris, Musa is not interested in a move to Turkey, saying the player will remain in the English Premier League and take his chances with the Foxes.

This comes after reports that Turkish Super Ligue side Bursaspor and City are in negotiations for a loan deal for Musa who is yet to start a game for the former EPL champions this season.

"Ahmed Musa is a very influential player who will be able to add value and class to us," said Bursaspor's Hasan Parlakay.

"If we are realistic, we cannot buy him. But he wants to play with Nigeria in the World Cup. For this you have to keep playing and keep form in the league. We have players in our team from the same national team, [Mikel] Agu and [William] Troost-Ekong.

"Wearing the Bursaspor shirt on loan until the end of the year is an attractive offer. We hope to give good news in the coming days."

Despite confirming the interest from Turkish sides, Harris said the winger will not consider a move away from King Power Stadium.

"We have indeed been approached by the top three clubs in Turkey but Musa is not keen to go to Turkey just yet,” said Harris.

"There's a big chance that Musa will remain in England. I'm however, surprised about the link to Bursaspor.

"I don't know where the rumour came from. It's a complete joke and a figment of someone's imagination. Rest assured Musa is not going to Bursaspor."

Source: https://africanfootball.com/news/738964/Nigeria-and-Leicester-City-striker-Ahmed-Musa-not-going-to-Turkey
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:48am On Jan 10, 2018
Famocious:
NIGERIA AND LEICESTER CITY STRIKER AHMED MUSA NOT GOING TO TURKEY

Nigeria and Leicester City striker Ahmed Musa not going to Turkey

Nigeria and Leicester City striker Ahmed Musa’s agent has rubbished claims that the Super Eagles international is heading to Turkey.

According to Tony Harris, Musa is not interested in a move to Turkey, saying the player will remain in the English Premier League and take his chances with the Foxes.

This comes after reports that Turkish Super Ligue side Bursaspor and City are in negotiations for a loan deal for Musa who is yet to start a game for the former EPL champions this season.

"Ahmed Musa is a very influential player who will be able to add value and class to us," said Bursaspor's Hasan Parlakay.

"If we are realistic, we cannot buy him. But he wants to play with Nigeria in the World Cup. For this you have to keep playing and keep form in the league. We have players in our team from the same national team, [Mikel] Agu and [William] Troost-Ekong.

"Wearing the Bursaspor shirt on loan until the end of the year is an attractive offer. We hope to give good news in the coming days."

Despite confirming the interest from Turkish sides, Harris said the winger will not consider a move away from King Power Stadium.

"We have indeed been approached by the top three clubs in Turkey but Musa is not keen to go to Turkey just yet,” said Harris.

"There's a big chance that Musa will remain in England. I'm however, surprised about the link to Bursaspor.

"I don't know where the rumour came from. It's a complete joke and a figment of someone's imagination. Rest assured Musa is not going to Bursaspor."

Source: https://africanfootball.com/news/738964/Nigeria-and-Leicester-City-striker-Ahmed-Musa-not-going-to-Turkey
cc robosky02

(1) (2) (3) ... (2552) (2553) (2554) (2555) (2556) (2557) (2558) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Amedino99(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.