Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,986 members, 7,866,709 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:25 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2561) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11964940 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2558) (2559) (2560) (2561) (2562) (2563) (2564) ... (16378) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:37pm On Jan 10, 2018
somehow:
Oga, we are talking about FC ferense here with no history or anything to write home about from a league that doesn't really have money. There are players there not even known or paid up to $500 per month.

Do you even know that some clubs in Italy pay players $500 per month (div 2/3).

Do you know that some clubs in Romania and Russia couldn't pay some of their players and were owing for months? You think owing is only peculiar in African or Nigerian league?

Now you are saying something that isn't openly talked about but gives the EPL and the Championship more credence than the a lot of other leagues.

The Portuguese league and Spanish league system as big as they are once you leave the first tier they begin to pay peanuts.

Then a lot of these clubs fail to pay thier players to add insult to Injury.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 8:40pm On Jan 10, 2018
kentebemoney:
Bros this ur mouth ehen angry Lwkmd grin

I no wan b ghost againgrin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 8:43pm On Jan 10, 2018
tbaba1234:

Part of the reason, Moses is now playing regularly for a big club is that he keeps it simple. Club football is not as forgiving as national team football.

Naso sha... d guy don too walk for England no b small. What about Iwobi.. d guy is turning to something else for arsenal dis season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:43pm On Jan 10, 2018
Daninya11:
over 23 minutes gone,the cameroonians are having the upper hand.

Is there a link for the game?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:45pm On Jan 10, 2018
komekn:

It's DEFINITELY NOT A RUMOUR.

I can assure you 100% I was aware of negotiations as far back as two months ago.

What I haven't done is confirmed specific dates and venue.

But to deviate slightly will the SE be camped in Kaliningrad for a few days before the game. Or what hotel they will be in So I can book before the hotel gets over booked.

It's seems easier to go to Lithuania then connect Kaliningrad by rental car or train. Finally Anybody else going

All dis foreign boiz sha grin grin grin,aw far we wey dey naija,aw can we connect OKOKOMAIKO to LITHUANIA(BY BUS) den finally to KALININGRAD grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:47pm On Jan 10, 2018
Icon79:
My sources are people very close to the player grin
Now howz that

Omo, Kelechi is an ambitious guy. He's not happy riding the pines ... he wants to play football. So just pray that he finds a good club this month, because we gonna need him in Russia. I have zero confidence in Odion Ighalo to deliver on the biggest stage.

O pari

Well that no source at all, it is essential speculation and agent talk.

There are players that clubs are fighting to get Zaha, Mahrez, Ssegnon, Dembele, etc

And they are players you are trying to market and convince a club to buy and if possible take on loan.

In other words you are just marketing the player and exploring possible options.

Ighalo as it stands in my opinion is the best striker we havering in the current SE set up. I do not look at KC as a striker but a SS. Hee is also not too versatile for instance I wouldn't be very confident him playing on the wings.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:51pm On Jan 10, 2018
elyte89:

All dis foreign boiz sha grin grin grin,aw far we wey dey naija,aw can we connect OKOKOMAIKO to LITHUANIA(BY BUS) den finally to KALININGRAD grin

You again! Elite big head!!!!! cheesy

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:55pm On Jan 10, 2018
elyte89:

Wow you driving down great Road trip.

To be honest very straightforward once you get past Nouakchott and from Morocco it's a doddle then ferry barely an hour and then it's easy mainland Europe.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by GoodBuhari: 9:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
Kante ka aver tyough zegenan. ka an nan kaa er aer Iwobi ifer?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:24pm On Jan 10, 2018
Spanish teams don't owe sir and though they don't pay that much except the main league but don't owe because the league is more about entertainment, politics, bragging rights than money/business like the EPL.
komekn:

Now you are saying something that isn't openly talked about but gives the EPL and the Championship more credence than the a lot of other leagues.

The Portuguese league and Spanish league system as big as they are once you leave the first tier they begin to pay peanuts.

Then a lot of these clubs fail to pay thier players to add insult to Injury.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:26pm On Jan 10, 2018
They just came up from div 2 last season so it's not like they are one big club. You got my point I believe, we don't need over flogging this boss.
tbaba1234:

Feirense is playing in the top flight of Portugal... Any player playing in the top flight of a decent league will not be coming here on trial unless they are about to retire and were offered ridiculous amounts of money. It is not a realistic expectation to expect a player from Feirense to come down and play in Remo stars unless we massively improve our league.

It is a positive thing that they bring crowds.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:28pm On Jan 10, 2018
chrisooblog:
how many people are in the Netherlands yet for decades they were producing world class players more than most of their contemporaries in Europe.

George Weah from liberia once won world footballer of the year award I guess because nigeria has not produced a former world footballer we should feel ashamed too
Most of the Dutch stars sef like Ruud Gullit, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Seedorf, Rijkaard, Edgar Davids, Patrick Kluivert, the recent Liverpool buy Van Dijk and many others are from little known Dutch colony of Suriname
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:29pm On Jan 10, 2018
Why Santos again? Lol oga Santos is a huge club for God's sake lol. This your comparison get comma o.
tbaba1234:

Nigerians go on trial because Europeans do not trust the quality of our league. If the Nigerian league was highly rated, there will be direct transfers and less trials. That said, players from francophone countries often get direct transfers to clubs in France without trials. A Santos player coming to Nigeria will not be coming on trial.

If these guys were any good, Ifeanyi Ubah would have clinched the league. You can barely find the history of these players anywhere. If they were playing at a decent level, you will easily find where they were playing in Brazil. Strangely enough, you do not even find Nigerian news outlet with that info.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:32pm On Jan 10, 2018
somehow:
Why Santos again? Lol oga Santos is a huge club for God's sake lol. This your comparison get comma o.

As big as Santos or as unknown as Feirense.. None will be coming to Nigeria on loan, all things being equal.

Until we can make our league attractive enough, we will only get player of considerably lower standards looking for a pay check.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:54pm On Jan 10, 2018
Iwobi has given resounding response

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:57pm On Jan 10, 2018
goldfish80:

You managed to force a smile out of me smiley.
I was talking to my cousin based in Sochi to make arrangements for me to come over and experience the world cup, but as things stand, I rather not waste scarce resources.
These guys are not encouraging at all.
Just now you don give up@ your last line?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:04pm On Jan 10, 2018
I never asked anyone to come on loan, kindly quote where I said so. I was clear with my assertions.
tbaba1234:

As big as Santos or as unknown as Feirense.. None will be coming to Nigeria on loan, all things being equal.

Until we can make our league attractive enough, we will only get player of considerably lower standards looking for a pay check.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:07pm On Jan 10, 2018
somehow:
I never asked anyone to come on loan, kindly quote where I said so. I was clear with my assertions.

You talked about Feirense players coming on loan to Remo Stars because they share the same owner. I am saying, it is not attractive for the players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 10:08pm On Jan 10, 2018
komekn:

It's DEFINITELY NOT A RUMOUR.

I can assure you 100% I was aware of negotiations as far back as two months ago.

What I haven't done is confirmed specific dates and venue.

But to deviate slightly will the SE be camped in Kaliningrad for a few days before the game. Or what hotel they will be in So I can book before the hotel gets over booked.

It's seems easier to go to Lithuania then connect Kaliningrad by rental car or train. Finally Anybody else going

would have loved to but since finance might post a challenge make I better watch screen from here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 10, 2018
Wenger confident and morale on calling the shots while giving zero fvcks to what plastic fans gotta say is astonishing and applaudable..

ride on iwobi...the sky is ur stepping stone..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:12pm On Jan 10, 2018
OMANBALA1:

No, he did not. He lost the ball on many occasion on one on one. Kelechi gets confused and jittery whn a defender is in his face. Same with Iwobi , but the difference is that Iwobi will quickly pass the ball and run away for fear of blunder...sad
I had quoted your earlier post where you said iwobi's one touch football will not help him because I wanted to draw attention to your criticism of Vicmo whom you accusing of holding on to the ball but I stopped. Now seeing the bolded I couldn't resist. Iwobi quickly passes the ball means he is afraid of blundering. VicMo dribbles, he plays to the gallery. Pray what is it we want.

Mind you this is not a defence of both players. I dey criticise your criticisms.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:14pm On Jan 10, 2018
I said him bringing them to play for Remo stars since he owns Feirense too (major share). Not on loan but SIGNING them!
tbaba1234:

You talked about Feirense players coming on loan to Remo Stars because they share the same owner. I am saying, it is not attractive for the players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:17pm On Jan 10, 2018
tbaba1234:
Maduka Okafor training with the first team of Fortuna Dusseldorf..
My boy ooooo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:18pm On Jan 10, 2018
OMANBALA1:
[/b]

Goldfish said it,out of over 170 million Nigerians we [couldnt]
produce a single world class player ? We rather take bunch of some average players and create new standard for world class,place them there just so we can open our mouth and say we have top players. And when other people disagree with us we call them angry
When I asked why we can't produce Messi and Ronaldo, I was told it's the Nigerian factor. I'm not convinced yet though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:20pm On Jan 10, 2018
somehow:
I said him bringing them to play for Remo stars since he owns Feirense too (major share). Not on loan but SIGNING them!

Signing them is even more unlikely.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:22pm On Jan 10, 2018
Mujtahida:

When I asked why we can't produce Messi and Ronaldo, I was told it's the Nigerian factor. I'm not convinced yet though.

We do not have the structures in place to harness such talents.

Several potential ronaldos' and Messis' are grafting as accountants somewhere or working as bus conductors.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:30pm On Jan 10, 2018
tbaba1234:

We do not have the structures in place to harness such talents.

Several potential ronaldos' and Messis' are grafting as accountants somewhere or working as bus conductors.
I do know that there's something terribly destructive about Nigeria(entirely man made), it eats talents raw, spews them out and opens its mouth for the next victim but at the same time that destructive thing refines some of our people and brings out the best in them. We should have at least one player in that category, just one at least no matter the odds
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:34pm On Jan 10, 2018
What did Iwobi do that y'all are getting excited over? undecided Arsenal fans on Twitter are not half as impressed.

Meanwhile, any news on the Nigeria v Cameroon friendly?

Modified: Nigeria vs. Cameroon Ended 0-0....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 10:35pm On Jan 10, 2018
Any news from Morocco?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:37pm On Jan 10, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
Iwobi has given resounding response
Really? I hope what you're saying is true. I'm not watching the game but I will verify your assertion from non partisan and neutral observers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 10:39pm On Jan 10, 2018
safarigirl:
What did Iwobi do that y'all are getting excited over? undecided Arsenal fans on Twitter are not half as impressed.

Meanwhile, any news on the Nigeria v Cameroon friendly?

Though I'm not viewing the match, his rating so far in the match is not bad to be compared to his last match. Same with Victor Moses
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:40pm On Jan 10, 2018
goldfish80:

Really? I hope what you're saying is true. I'm not watching the game but I will verify your assertion from non partisan and neutral observers.
don't waste your time. The neutral observers are not impressed

(1) (2) (3) ... (2558) (2559) (2560) (2561) (2562) (2563) (2564) ... (16378) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m), Diavolo and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.