Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,989 members, 7,866,720 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:17 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2562) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11965062 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2559) (2560) (2561) (2562) (2563) (2564) (2565) ... (16378) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:41pm On Jan 10, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

We are talking about clubs representing Nigeria on the continent and u are saying I am not a fan smh. Anyways if I say Rivers United was attacked in Sudan and that was the reason they imploded and people call me a supporter of mediocrity and other stuff, that is called taking flack or getting crap. Anyways why are u talking about the clubs when the convo is about Stephen Odey? Just admit u are wrong and stop with the confusion tactics, did I tell u I was losing sleep about being bashed or getting crap? The point is that there was no call for Odey in the national team by then. We are grown ups here if we are going to discuss then let us at least be straight forward.

TBH I will never be impressed with fans who pick and choose when to support their team, I will just leave it at that.

E jor I am wrong about what mbok?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:46pm On Jan 10, 2018
tbaba1234:
The Wembley game will be like a home game for Nigeria... Nigerians will fill the stadium.

You are playing England o. And not some other country.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:46pm On Jan 10, 2018
ChrisKels:

I just pray this is true and the transfer sees the light of day.

Icon79 what say you? grin

Forget our small misunderstanding yesterday nwanne-ukwu (big Bros) Icon79 . I'm so sorry. Happy new year biko jor
That's why I love this thread. We are like a family displaying all the healthy dysfunctions of a good family - we fight, quarel, talk trash, spit venom, curse and rail but the connection is there, the bond stays intact. Reading through the thread a wry smile played on my lips as read the altercation between safarigirl and forgiveness. It's painful but not so much as when as newbie on this thread, I read such bruising verbal jousting between forumites. Then it used to be shocking but now I know better- We are family jare. Fight no good, we don't encourage it but as humans we got edges that. See safarigirl initiating convo with forgiveness and ChrisKels extending his heartfelt apologies to Icon79 after their mud play shows that we've got something good going on here.

As for those who like to Zuga, take ya time ooo. Peacemakers una reward na peace itself. Congo4ka is weird but there's a method to his weirdness though.
You guys made my evening. Cheers all

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:48pm On Jan 10, 2018
no you actually lost me there..

soetanoreoluwa:

grin...i expect this from you... Lol.. You are stucking me Abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:49pm On Jan 10, 2018
Mujtahida:

Just now you don give up@ your last line?

As it stands, I am quite skeptical about our chances in Russia. We cant be heading to the congregation of the best athletes in the world with just 1 in form player (a 20 year old playing for a mid table English club) and expect magic.

Did anyone see the Gernot Rohr super sports interview where he called his players "average players warming the bench in their clubs"?
I read that and felt he was directly responding to the 94/2018 debate we had here last December. Lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:50pm On Jan 10, 2018
Icon4s:

You are playing England o. And not some other country.

With the way, Nigerians full london... Expect a sizable Nigerian crowd.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:51pm On Jan 10, 2018
tbaba1234:
Simon Moses has no fracture but has a serious bruise..
They better pay their dues to the injury god now than close to the WC
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:53pm On Jan 10, 2018
Kog45:
Chei i don't know you are so passionate about Nigeria team,thumb up.

If some are saying they are not expecting much from CHAN team then why are we always attacking Michael2, Komne,goldfish80 and sometimes forgiveness for their critical analysis on super eagles chances at WC.

If we are not expecting much from CHAN team then we should forget SE at WC cos believing in WC team and not CHAN show double standard,then nobody should attack those who are thinking otherwise on our chances at WC.

As a Nigerian is a must to show solidarity with our teams cos the South Americans and Europeans always show that support to their team.

So Collin Udoh that has downplayed his expectations on the team is not passionate, unpatriotic and doesn't show solidarity?

O pari (in icon79's voice)

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:55pm On Jan 10, 2018
tbaba1234:

With the way, Nigerians full london... Expect a sizable Nigerian crowd.

I remember when Nigeria played England in that same Wembley in 1995, them just pack Nigerians go one side. You could hardly even hear the sound of our music sef.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:57pm On Jan 10, 2018
For those that watched the EFL game between Arsenal and Chelsea how did our boy Iwobi fair today?
Since DSTV have chosen to cheat us on this one. You pay so much money yet you cannot watch the EFL Cup.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:01pm On Jan 10, 2018
goldfish80:

As it stands, I am quite skeptical about our chances in Russia. We cant be heading to the congregation of the best athletes in the world with just 1 in form player (a 20 year old playing for a mid table English club) and expect magic.

Did anyone see the Gernot Rohr super sports interview where he called his players "average players warming the bench in their clubs"?
I read that and felt he was directly responding to the 94/2018 debate we had here last December. Lol

First of all, Ndidi is 21

Second of all, so, Ekong, Victor Moses, Ighalo, Mikel, Ogu, Onazi, Awaziem....these ones are not in form? What is your definition of 'in form' exactly?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:02pm On Jan 10, 2018
Icon4s:

I remember when Nigeria played England in that same Wembley in 1995, them just pack Nigerians go one side. You could hardly even hear the sound of our music sef.

Yea, They could limit the ticket sold to Nigerian fans. Even at that, i still expect a lot of Nigerians to show face that day.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:04pm On Jan 10, 2018
goldfish80:

He's trying to get things in shape for the players though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:04pm On Jan 10, 2018
tbaba1234:

During that WAFU tournament, i could only find few players with decent quality. Just full of average players and these are supposedly the best in the league. I was fairly impressed with Eneji and Adeleye to an extent.

I hope to see Faleye and Nura in CHAN.

Nothing to inspire excitement.

Even though i am not inspired I will definitely watch all the matches including those of the other countries, like I always do.

They should just package that Nura into the next U17. I hope he passes the MRI though. I am only inspired to watch the upcoming young players. But for all those Osas Okoro, Rabiu Ali and the likes we don see them finish.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:05pm On Jan 10, 2018
Icon4s:
For those that watched the EFL game between Arsenal and Chelsea how did our boy Iwobi fair today?
Since DSTV have chosen to cheat us on this one. You pay so much money yet you cannot watch the EFL Cup.
anyone who tells you he was great should not be trusted.

Anyone who says he was better than the last time can be taken seriously.

Anyone who tells you he was atrocious, is an Arsenal fan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:06pm On Jan 10, 2018
Isahalbash:

I think " Likita" means a Doctor in Hausa.
Thank you. Sought to know what Likita means. Reminds me of Lolita a famous Russian novel
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:07pm On Jan 10, 2018
tbaba1234:

Yea, They could limit the ticket sold to Nigerian fans. Even at that, i still expect a lot of Nigerians to show face that day.

They will definitely limit tickets sold to Nigerian fans.

Looking forward to that game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:08pm On Jan 10, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:

I believe after your normal training you have the facilities to yourself

Once read when c Ronaldo was in Man Utd.. Ferguson said after their Normal training Ronaldo stayed extra HR in taking free kicks..

They have all day... They can't try for 24hrs a day...
Same thing Beckham did to work on his benders

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:09pm On Jan 10, 2018
Icon4s:

I will just give you Who scored.... (Below)

From Goal.com, he had three takeons successful, two shots on target and had a decent game no doubt. Nothing overly spectacular but did better than the last time.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:09pm On Jan 10, 2018
safarigirl:
anyone who tells you he was great should not be trusted.

Anyone who says he was better than the last time can be taken seriously.

Anyone who tells you he was atrocious, is an Arsenal fan

To start with. He played full 90mins, for those that say he is not a 90mins player.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:09pm On Jan 10, 2018
safarigirl:
don't waste your time. The neutral observers are not impressed
From my checks so far, he didn't seem to pull up any tree.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:14pm On Jan 10, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

I will just give you Who scored.... (Below)

From Goal.com, he had three takeons successful, two shots on target and had a decent game no doubt. Nothing overly spectacular but did better than the last time.

Thanks! Still expecting update from his critics.

Have you noticed Iwobi is a big game player?

He does better against the bigger teams as compared to the smaller teams.

Could this probably be linked to the attitude with which he approaches games?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:14pm On Jan 10, 2018
Mickael2:

it's not as if Ighalo is bringing hell with him either, the two of them aint good enough to be our first choice as at now.
Martins! I catch you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:14pm On Jan 10, 2018
But he can play 90mins naa... Haba... Who be "those" sef? Thought we have gotten pass that... undecided Bia "those" should take dia time oooo

Icon4s:

To start with. He played full 90mins, for those that say he is not a 90mins player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:15pm On Jan 10, 2018
Moses rated amongst the top performers

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:17pm On Jan 10, 2018
You are right Chief.... He seems to bring his A-game or close to that for the big games. Against same Chelsea this season when he stepped in for Ozil, he was beautiful also. I guess he just underrated Nottingham forest after all. wink

Icon4s:

Thanks! Still expecting update from his critics.

Have you noticed Iwobi is a big game player?

He does better against the bigger teams as compared to the smaller teams.

Could this probably be linked to the attitude with which he approaches games?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:17pm On Jan 10, 2018
Isahalbash:

Not downgrading them sir. They don't like to play to their strength rather, they kip playing as if they don't want to make mistakes in order to impress their coaches. Watch the way Iwobi was given misplaced passes nd easily lossing d ball.. same with Mikel wen he was in Chelsea; na so so touch nd pass nd to attack nah problem.

But watch dis guys playing for Nigeria; they don't mind lossing d ball..Vicmo will dribble til he's satisfy before he will pass d ball, Mikel will attack, dribble, display killer passes, guide 3 players nd hit good shots nd even scores. Musa case I no knw weda nah fear abi na curse.. cos im dey spoil ball too much for Gwg. Wrong passes, wrong square play etc. The guy is good but 'fear nd I no wan spoil ball' dey make am play rubbish wel wel.. if to say na Musa get dat ball wei shehu squared played against Zambia, im for just play am go corner or play am Gv keeper for hand.

I want to see these guys doing what they are doing in d Gwg in their club sides too.
Playing as a defensive midfielder is different from playing as a creative midfielder. That is why Mikel Obi can not play the way he plays for the Super Eagles at Chelsea.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:18pm On Jan 10, 2018
safarigirl:

First of all, Ndidi is 21

Second of all, so, Ekong, Victor Moses, Ighalo, Mikel, Ogu, Onazi, Awaziem....these ones are not in form? What is your definition of 'in form' exactly?

Ok,let's say 21yrs instead of 20.[s] He could be slightly more than 21 since he failed M.. [/s]

Ekong in form? With a 6.0 coefficient rating ? Is that a number which defines form?

Victor Moses is under severe threat from Zapata Costa for his Chelsea spot since his unconvincing performances coming back from injury.

The Chinese season was wrapped up late November or thereof. What can you say about the form of Mikel and Odion (there was big fight on the thread before his recall, in a flash he has become the most dependable)

Awaziem started very well in France but he went off boil as the season wore on...

WHo again did you mention?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:19pm On Jan 10, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
But he can play 90mins naa... Haba... Who be "those" sef? Thought we have gotten pass that... undecided Bia "those" should take dia time oooo

I tell you, such comment was made after that crazy FA cup game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:19pm On Jan 10, 2018
tbaba1234:
Moses rated amongst the top performers

He was even Chelsea's best according to WhoScored. Shared 7.5 match rating with Azpilicueta. He even hit the post/bar. Arrrghhh..

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:19pm On Jan 10, 2018
Icon4s:

I told lies about your character, how?

And how will I ever wait for a Nigerian team to lose. Do you know what you are saying?

Is it a crime now not to have hopes or faith in a team. I have said the pure truth. I don't have faith in that team. Is that a crime?

What you are even supposed to do is to convince me and give me hope. You have Faith in the team please tells us what makes you have Faith in that team. We want to benefit from it.
Respect Sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
You are right Chief.... He seems to bring his A-game or close to that for the big games. Against same Chelsea this season when he stepped in for Ozil, he was beautiful also. I guess he just underrated Nottingham forest after all. wink

You saw how he took the Argentine defense to the cleaners.

We can bank on such abilities of his to bring his A game in the WC.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2559) (2560) (2561) (2562) (2563) (2564) (2565) ... (16378) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AndSunGorilla, kellycute(m), Abusule007 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.