Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,532 members, 7,865,208 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:59 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2560) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11957153 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2557) (2558) (2559) (2560) (2561) (2562) (2563) ... (16372) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:36pm On Jan 10, 2018
Yes he couldn't sustain because he rushed and brought 5 at the same time. It should have been gradual, max of 2 like the Chinese are doing.
Danycrusoe:

I don't think it's that easy. ifeanyi ubah couldn't sustain the 5 Brazilians he brought. only 1 x left
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:36pm On Jan 10, 2018
tbaba1234:

I doubt, you will see Tammy or Solanke..
none of them may even make the provisional list...especially Tammy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:39pm On Jan 10, 2018
Did you watch the friendlies that happened at Abuja between Nigerian clubsides and some English EPL clubs?

Ubah still has about 2 Brazilians there.
The owner of Remo starts is also a part owner of FC ferense so he can easily bring some of the players not seeing actions to the club to prop up the market value of Remo starts and also bring crowd/followership.

And I repeat, FC ferense won't beat the mentioned names!

tbaba1234:

Ifeanyi Ubah is self-sponsored by a billionaire. Those Brazilians came for money which Ubah was willing and they have all left. I can guarantee that those guys did not play in the Brazilian top division. Average Brazilian players that are no better than what is already in Nigeria, is that what we are proud about.

Feirense is in the Portuguese top flight. Feirense will beat all those teams you mentioned, convincingly. Is it not the same Rangers that was getting whooped by a Sudanese team.

Stop overrating the NPFL.

http://venturesafrica.com/nigerian-businessman-kunle-somane-is-the-first-nigerian-to-own-a-european-football-club/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:40pm On Jan 10, 2018
tbaba1234:

The Nigerian league is not the root of our national team at the moment. It should be but it is not. Yes, we can point to players that have come from the league but if you look in the past few years, there are several sources of good Nigerian players.

In a 20 man league, we can not produce one decent goalie to take us to the world cup. We are recruiting kids like Uzoho and Maduka.

please blame alloy agu for that....there are good goalies in the league..but the sentiment of agu towards ezenwa never allowed this goal keepers to show their worth...

ezenwa was not the best in the league last season not even among top 3 best...so why his constant super eagles invitation ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:42pm On Jan 10, 2018
Oga, we are talking about FC ferense here with no history or anything to write home about from a league that doesn't really have money. There are players there not even known or paid up to $500 per month.

Do you even know that some clubs in Italy pay players $500 per month (div 2/3).

Do you know that some clubs in Romania and Russia couldn't pay some of their players and were owing for months? You think owing is only peculiar to African or Nigerian league?
Humility017:

how much are they going to be paid?
you think a European player will take this peanuts we pay down here....?
and likewise embark on risky road journeys to go draw away match?
and sometimes they may get beaten or kidnapped...

the guys seems not to understand the low nature of Nigeria league...the league seriously need revival
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:43pm On Jan 10, 2018
somehow:
Did you watch the friendlies that happened at Abuja between Nigerian clubsides and some English EPL clubs?

Ubah still has about 2 Brazilians there.
The owner of Remo starts is also a part owner of FC ferense so he can easily bring some of the players not seeing actions to the club to prop up the market value of Remo starts and also bring crowd/followership.

And I repeat, FC ferense won't beat the mentioned names!

Abegi, the same teams that hardly make a dent on the continent... Let us show that we can compete in Africa first.

There is no incentive for a Portuguese player to play in Nigeria unless a low quality player that is looking for money.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:50pm On Jan 10, 2018
Well we have had serbians, Brazilians and other foreigners in this same league before even when the league wasn't as improved as what we have now.
BascoVanVeli:

I doubt the players would want to come. If they do it would be tough for them no lie.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:10pm On Jan 10, 2018
Icon4s:

You got so much crap? You are the one taking this thing personal. We bashed those clubs for poorly representing Nigeria in the CAF tourneys. Wetin be your own inside? As I said before you are not a fan of any of those clubs, mind you, I am also a Fan of Rangers FC, Neither are you a board member of any of those clubs. So we should not criticise them when they perform abysmally? Huh?

Stephen Odey and his club's performance gave more credence as to why he was not a Super Eagles material QED.

We are talking about clubs representing Nigeria on the continent and u are saying I am not a fan smh. Anyways if I say Rivers United was attacked in Sudan and that was the reason they imploded and people call me a supporter of mediocrity and other stuff, that is called taking flack or getting crap. Anyways why are u talking about the clubs when the convo is about Stephen Odey? Just admit u are wrong and stop with the confusion tactics, did I tell u I was losing sleep about being bashed or getting crap? The point is that there was no call for Odey in the national team by then. We are grown ups here if we are going to discuss then let us at least be straight forward.

TBH I will never be impressed with fans who pick and choose when to support their team, I will just leave it at that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 7:12pm On Jan 10, 2018
Kog45:
Haba,abi no be the same Chelsea we dey watch.

I don't like the way we are downgrading our players,this is too much,pls easy my man.

Honestly you are free to criticise him but this is not criticism.

Not downgrading them sir. They don't like to play to their strength rather, they kip playing as if they don't want to make mistakes in order to impress their coaches. Watch the way Iwobi was given misplaced passes nd easily lossing d ball.. same with Mikel wen he was in Chelsea; na so so touch nd pass nd to attack nah problem.

But watch dis guys playing for Nigeria; they don't mind lossing d ball..Vicmo will dribble til he's satisfy before he will pass d ball, Mikel will attack, dribble, display killer passes, guide 3 players nd hit good shots nd even scores. Musa case I no knw weda nah fear abi na curse.. cos im dey spoil ball too much for Gwg. Wrong passes, wrong square play etc. The guy is good but 'fear nd I no wan spoil ball' dey make am play rubbish wel wel.. if to say na Musa get dat ball wei shehu squared played against Zambia, im for just play am go corner or play am Gv keeper for hand.

I want to see these guys doing what they are doing in d Gwg in their club sides too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:17pm On Jan 10, 2018
somehow:
Well we have had serbians, Brazilians and other foreigners in this same league before even when the league wasn't as improved as what we have now.

We have a lot of guys from West Africa in our league. The league needs to do more in order to promote those guys because that is what will bring even more guys into our league. Well I don't see it as far fetched, Enyimba and Kano pillars could do something like this if they wanted.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:26pm On Jan 10, 2018
Do you know that the 6 Brazilians came for trials in Nigeria, same with the coaches?

http://www.pulse.ng/sports/ifeanyi-uba-fc-6-brazilians-players-2-coaches-in-nigeria-for-trials-with-club-id4585409.html

tbaba1234:

Abegi, the same teams that hardly make a dent on the continent... Let us show that we can compete in Africa first.

There is no incentive for a Portuguese player to play in Nigeria unless a low quality player that is looking for money.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:26pm On Jan 10, 2018
Kog45:
Sir i want to ask you a question,do you have faith in super eagles in the coming 2018 WC in Russia.

This is a completely different scenario.

What is expected from both teams are completely different.

Yes, I have Faith that the Super Eagles will qualify from their group and pull one or two surprises at the knock out stages. Yes, because I have followed the team and the players, technical crew and the FA are putting everything in place to ensure we have a relatively good outing.

But not same can be said of this CHAN team. The quality of the league has deeped in the last couple of years and most of the quality players of the most recent years have left. Who are the players that we are even going to look out for?

I am not one of those that will be taking tea with Sugar everyday and gradually the quantity of sugar reduces to almost nothing and I will keep saying the tea is still sweet. This is synonymous with what they refer to as "Zombies" in the politics session. Haha.

I have followed the league for decades and I will say it again that I don't have Faith in this current CHAN team. They are playing Rwanda in their first game and I don't even know what to expect.

They need to do well in Morocco and restore that faith. That's all.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:26pm On Jan 10, 2018
Very possible.
BascoVanVeli:

We have a lot of guys from West Africa in our league. The league needs to do more in order to promote those guys because that is what will bring even more guys into our league. Well I don't see it as far fetched, Enyimba and Kano pillars could do something like this if they wanted.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:32pm On Jan 10, 2018
somehow:
Do you know that the 6 Brazilians came for trials in Nigeria, same with the coaches?

http://www.pulse.ng/sports/ifeanyi-uba-fc-6-brazilians-players-2-coaches-in-nigeria-for-trials-with-club-id4585409.html

Meaning they had no professional career before coming to Nigeria. Its is not just about nationality, it is also about ability.

Would a Brazilian playing in Santos for instance come to Nigeria? There is no incentive. A player that is playing top-flight football would not come to Nigeria on loan and deal with all the inefficiencies in our league.

You can get low quality players from anywhere to play in Nigeria but it adds nothing to the league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 7:36pm On Jan 10, 2018

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:45pm On Jan 10, 2018
Icon79:
And by the way, the two EPL teams we're hearing are: Newcastle and Southampton. Everton used to be on the list but they have since purchased their Turkey striker.

O pari

I know both teams.

So what's your source Or is it hearsay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:46pm On Jan 10, 2018
How did you arrive at that? Nigerians and other foreigners players (Africans) go abroad and are still made to go through trials even if they have played in their own main league before so same can be said of these guys or does div 2/3 not count as professional?
tbaba1234:

Meaning they had no professional career before coming to Nigeria. Its is not just about nationality, it is also about ability.

Would a Brazilian playing in Santos for instance come to Nigeria? There is no incentive. A player that is playing top-flight football would not come to Nigeria on loan and deal with all the inefficiencies in our league.

You can get low quality players from anywhere to play in Nigeria but it adds nothing to the league.

Why are you comparing Santos to Feirense? We are talking about signing players from Feirense which is an unknown club in Portugal with no history, you're talking about Santos that breeds superstars including neymar. Club that plays in FIFA club cup. Haba!

You might call foreigners that plays in Nigeria low level players but they actually bring crowds to the stadiums and grows followership too.

https://www.sportlineng.com/2017/04/07/top-foreign-players-nigeria-professional-football-league/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:49pm On Jan 10, 2018
DrLikita12:

He seems greedy.
If you ever mistakenly have lunch with him you should tell him that someone on a faceless forum said that he is not a good person grin

I am being diplomatic
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:57pm On Jan 10, 2018
somehow:
How did you arrive at that? Nigerians and other foreigners players (Africans) go abroad and are still made to go through trials even if they have played in their own main league before so same can be said of these games or does div 2/3 not count as professional?

Nigerians go on trial because Europeans do not trust the quality of our league. If the Nigerian league was highly rated, there will be direct transfers and less trials. That said, players from francophone countries often get direct transfers to clubs in France without trials. A Santos player coming to Nigeria will not be coming on trial.

If these guys were any good, Ifeanyi Ubah would have clinched the league. You can barely find the history of these players anywhere. If they were playing at a decent level, you will easily find where they were playing in Brazil. Strangely enough, you do not even find Nigerian news outlet with that info.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:03pm On Jan 10, 2018
somehow:
How did you arrive at that? Nigerians and other foreigners players (Africans) go abroad and are still made to go through trials even if they have played in their own main league before so same can be said of these guys or does div 2/3 not count as professional?

Why are you comparing Santos to Feirense? We are talking about signing players from Feirense which is an unknown club in Portugal with no history, you're talking about Santos that breeds superstars including neymar. Club that plays in FIFA club cup. Haba!

You might call foreigners that plays in Nigeria low level players but they actually bring crowds to the stadiums and grows followership too.

https://www.sportlineng.com/2017/04/07/top-foreign-players-nigeria-professional-football-league/

Feirense is playing in the top flight of Portugal... Any player playing in the top flight of a decent league will not be coming here on trial unless they are about to retire and were offered ridiculous amounts of money. It is not a realistic expectation to expect a player from Feirense to come down and play in Remo stars unless we massively improve our league.

It is a positive thing that they bring crowds.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 8:06pm On Jan 10, 2018
My sources are people very close to the player grin
Now howz that

Omo, Kelechi is an ambitious guy. He's not happy riding the pines ... he wants to play football. So just pray that he finds a good club this month, because we gonna need him in Russia. I have zero confidence in Odion Ighalo to deliver on the biggest stage.

O pari

komekn:

I know both teams.

So what's your source Or is it hearsay

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:12pm On Jan 10, 2018
Icon4s:

This is a completely different scenario.

What is expected from both teams are completely different.

Yes, I have Faith that the Super Eagles will qualify from their group and pull one or two surprises at the knock out stages. Yes, because I have followed the team and the players, technical crew and the FA are putting everything in place to ensure we have a relatively good outing.

But not same can be said of this CHAN team. The quality of the league has deeped in the last couple of years and most of the quality players of the most recent years have left. Who are the players that we are even going to look out for?

I am not one of those that will be taking tea with Sugar everyday and gradually the quantity of sugar reduces to almost nothing and I will keep saying the tea is still sweet. This is synonymous with what they refer to as "Zombies" in the politics session. Haha.

I have followed the league for decades and I will say it again that I don't have Faith in this current CHAN team. They are playing Rwanda in their first game and I don't even know what to expect.

They need to do well in Morocco and restore that faith. That's all.

During that WAFU tournament, i could only find few players with decent quality. Just full of average players and these are supposedly the best in the league. I was fairly impressed with Eneji and Adeleye to an extent.

I hope to see Faleye and Nura in CHAN.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 8:13pm On Jan 10, 2018
Isahalbash:

Not downgrading them sir. They don't like to play to their strength rather, they kip playing as if they don't want to make mistakes in order to impress their coaches. Watch the way Iwobi was given misplaced passes nd easily lossing d ball.. same with Mikel wen he was in Chelsea; na so so touch nd pass nd to attack nah problem.

But watch dis guys playing for Nigeria; they don't mind lossing d ball..Vicmo will dribble til he's satisfy before he will pass d ball, Mikel will attack, dribble, display killer passes, guide 3 players nd hit good shots nd even scores. Musa case I no knw weda nah fear abi na curse.. cos im dey spoil ball too much for Gwg. Wrong passes, wrong square play etc. The guy is good but 'fear nd I no wan spoil ball' dey make am play rubbish wel wel.. if to say na Musa get dat ball wei shehu squared played against Zambia, im for just play am go corner or play am Gv keeper for hand.

I want to see these guys doing what they are doing in d Gwg in their club sides too.
Bros this ur mouth ehen angry
Lwkmd grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 10, 2018
chan friendly:nigeria vs cameroun at rabaat morocco tonight.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:17pm On Jan 10, 2018
CHAN starting XI vs Cameroon:

Ezenwa, Okoro, Itodo, Okogbue, Abdullahi, Atuloma, Ifeanyi Ifeanyi, Rabiu, Oladapo, Okpotu, Okechukwu.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:19pm On Jan 10, 2018
Lol.... ofcos they won't show up smiley Unless England wants to be sent to the cleaners early in the first half. wink

I expect the main guys of England on display like Kane, Rashford, Alli and Stones... let them get ready. It has been 16 years in coming... we dey come cheesy

tbaba1234:

I doubt, you will see Tammy or Solanke..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 8:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
komekn:

I am being diplomatic

Lol I know. I'm just kidding
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:27pm On Jan 10, 2018
Icon79:
My sources are people very close to the player grin
Now howz that

Omo, Kelechi is an ambitious guy. He's not happy riding the pines ... he wants to play football. So just pray that he finds a good club this month, because we gonna need him in Russia. I have zero confidence in Odion Ighalo to deliver on the biggest stage.

O pari

Hehehehehehe.....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:30pm On Jan 10, 2018
congo4ka:

We need the sauce of this your beer parlour rumour angry

It's DEFINITELY NOT A RUMOUR.

I can assure you 100% I was aware of negotiations as far back as two months ago.

What I haven't done is confirmed specific dates and venue.

But to deviate slightly will the SE be camped in Kaliningrad for a few days before the game. Or what hotel they will be in So I can book before the hotel gets over booked.

It's seems easier to go to Lithuania then connect Kaliningrad by rental car or train. Finally Anybody else going

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 8:32pm On Jan 10, 2018
AIG07:
most of our boys out there are afraid of been kicked back to the bench. Look at what Willian keep doing with the ball for chelsea. He is always the most dispossesed player anytime he plays. He makes unnecessary dribbles while dancing about on the pitch yet still he keeps his place in the team... But our own moses go just de pass as if se he can do take-ons.

They don't want to make mistake to please dere mumu coaches.. shey na only dem dey play for field ne? oda players they play wetin dey dere minds, but our own nd to dey act like robot wei dem used 0 nd 1 programmed.

This is d reason me like that Onyekuru guy, d guy can dribble like ps1. Messi, Neymar even sallah no send anyone, they play what's in their minds, they don't care what people will say especially Neymar dat spoils ball sometimes nd he's doing fine nd one of d best player in d world ryt now abi nah mbappe of yesterday?

In life, don't do things to please anyone, do it for yourself nd people will celebrate you in d long run even if they criticize you today.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 10, 2018
over 23 minutes gone,the cameroonians are having the upper hand.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:36pm On Jan 10, 2018
Isahalbash:

They don't want to make mistake to please dere mumu coaches.. shey na only dem dey play for field ne? oda players they play wetin dey dere minds, but our own nd to dey act like robot wei dem used 0 nd 1 programmed.

This is d reason me like that Onyekuru guy, d guy can dribble like ps1. Messi, Neymar even sallah no send anyone, they play what's in their minds, they don't care what people will say especially Neymar dat spoils ball sometimes nd he's doing fine nd one of d best player in d world ryt now abi nah mbappe of yesterday?

In life, don't do things to please anyone, do it for yourself nd people will celebrate you in d long run even if they criticize you today.

Part of the reason, Moses is now playing regularly for a big club is that he keeps it simple. Club football is not as forgiving as national team football.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2557) (2558) (2559) (2560) (2561) (2562) (2563) ... (16372) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ChrisKels, Goke7, 10cedes, caprikon, Franktom247(m), ddone and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 252
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.