Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,386 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11692622 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jefersoun: 5:19pm On Nov 06, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I said the weaker keeper. Seeing a keeper in action does not make him the stronger keeper. He has to fight for his Jersey in camp and we play the stronger keeper.

Instead of gambling with a weaker keeper.
To me, I rather go with a tested and trusted hand, in a critical situation like this, rather than experimenting. Is like a surgeon doing an operation for the first time, on a patient who needs an open heart operation without an experience surgeon to guide him. That one na did na. No family will accept that. Will you?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:21pm On Nov 06, 2016
Jefersoun:
To me, I rather go with a tested and trusted hand, in a critical situation like this, rather than experimenting. Is like a surgeon doing an operation for the first time, on a patient who needs an open heart operation without an experience surgeon to guide him. That one na did na. No family will accept that. Will you?

Will you do surgery with an experienced surgeon who lost his last ten patients on the surgical table?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:23pm On Nov 06, 2016
Jefersoun:

This your analogy makes it look as if Alampasu has not caught a ball in his life.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:26pm On Nov 06, 2016
goldfish80:

Obviously agent play major roles in a players career. Although I prefer the agent being a parent of the player.
Like pogba and his mom, Ozil and his dad, Iwobi and his dad, Iheanacho and his dad.. Etc

goldfish80, is it you that wrote this post?

Pogba's agent, Mino Raiola, Iheanacho's agents are Stellar Group, Gareth Bale's agents.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:04pm On Nov 06, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

goldfish80, is it you that wrote this post?

Pogba's agent, Mino Raiola, Iheanacho's agents are Stellar Group, Gareth Bale's agents.
Agent is different from manager. Pogba's mom is his manager while Riolaia is his agent.
You typed in a hurry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 6:05pm On Nov 06, 2016
goldfish80:

Obviously agent play major roles in a players career. Although I prefer the agent being a parent of the player.
Like pogba and his mom, Ozil and his dad, Iwobi and his dad, Iheanacho and his dad.. Etc

Pogba = Mino Raiola

Ozil = Erkut Söğüt

Iwobi = Emeka Obasi,

Iheanacho = Stellar Group

You're better off having professionals as agents.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 6:11pm On Nov 06, 2016
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:14pm On Nov 06, 2016
joseph1013:

Pogba = Mino Raiola
Ozil = Erkut Söğüt
Iwobi = Emeka Obasi,
Iheanacho = Stellar Group
You're better off having professionals as agents.
You listed their agents. Here's their managers
Pogba =his mom Ozil =mustafa Ozil Iwobi =Chuba Iwobi (his dad) Iheanacho =James Iheanacho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:14pm On Nov 06, 2016
goldfish80:

These were the comments I made which you interpreted as being made with contempt. Something must be definitely wrong with your understanding and cognitive reasoning if after going through my comment and you believe I made it out of contempt. Contempt for what?
I've defended Musa Muhammed here more than anyone. I called for the Nff to speak to his club and get to the root of his plight because I see him as a future super eagles captian.
A couple of weeks later, out of the blue am showing Contempt towards the same player.

That's the comment I posted in September. Somehow am showing contempt some weeks later towards the same player.
Please don't defame me again with that rubbish talk of contempt.

Contempt in my dictionary means not showing respect. I don't feel u showed respect so that's that, i didn't defame u in anyway that is how i see it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jefersoun: 6:14pm On Nov 06, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Will you do surgery with an experienced surgeon who lost his last ten patients on the surgical table?
Has Akpeyi lost most of his match for the SE, or has he perform woefully?. No. So your analogy does no correlate with what i explained.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 6:17pm On Nov 06, 2016
goldfish80:

You listed their agents. Here's their managers

Pogba =his mom
Ozil =mustafa Ozil
Iwobi =Chuba Iwobi (his dad)
Iheanacho =James Iheanacho
Wasn't this what started the discussion? You mentioned agents!

goldfish80:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:21pm On Nov 06, 2016
joseph1013:
Wasn't this what started the discussion? You mentioned agents!

Certainly I meant manager not agent. My mistake

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jefersoun: 6:23pm On Nov 06, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

This your analogy makes it look as if Alampasu has not caught a ball in his life.
No, not so. I said for the national team, he hasn't man the post. Akpeyi is better placed than Alampasu to perform well, putting into consideration their credentials in the national team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:41pm On Nov 06, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Contempt in my dictionary means not showing respect. I don't feel u showed respect so that's that, i didn't defame u in anyway that is how i see it.
Last night you called me out for suggesting Musa Muhammed should come back home if he can't find a good club in a decent country.
You first said I insulted Musa with my suggestion, some other posters told you I said nothing wrong but you had none of that. You went ahead to post I made the comment out of contempt.
You were way out of line. If I didn't come out with a strong statement, you would erroneously brand me a Musa hater or someone who held contempt for the player.
How can I hold contempt for Someone who I rate as a future eagles captian
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 7:02pm On Nov 06, 2016
This experience vs inexperience debate is still on after several days,I think a line has to b drawn between d 2.

In this case,If the experienced player performs so poorly in the training sessions (like five consecutive times), and the inexperienced player perform so well in the training sessions constantly beyond any reasonable doubt, I think the inexperience player deserve to start ahead of the experienced one.

But if both of them performs well even if d inexperience is slightly better,the experienced player will have d nod to start.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:05pm On Nov 06, 2016
goldfish80:

Agent is different from manager. Pogba's mom is his manager while Riolaia is his agent.
You typed in a hurry

That is why I asked, is it you that made that post. I know you are too knowledgeable to type that. I understand it was an honest mistake.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 7:24pm On Nov 06, 2016
I've been wondering why all these arguments,does it mean that Akpeyi is not good at all.
He will not even b tasted for many times on that day,because the Algerians will b busy trying not concede rather than scoring,nothing to b afraid of whether Akpeyi or Alampasu

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 7:28pm On Nov 06, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

That is why I asked, is it you that made that post. I know you are too knowledgeable to type that. I understand it was an honest mistake.
Funny enough, I was the one who typed in a hurry not you. Lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:46pm On Nov 06, 2016
goldfish80:

Last night you called me out for suggesting Musa Muhammed should come back home if he can't find a good club in a decent country.
You first said I insulted Musa with my suggestion, some other posters told you I said nothing wrong but you had none of that. You went ahead to post I made the comment out of contempt.
You were way out of line. If I didn't come out with a strong statement, you would erroneously brand me a Musa hater or someone who held contempt for the player.
How can I hold contempt for Someone who I rate as a future eagles captian

U sounded like an hater when u dismissed Musa saying he couldn't hold down a spot in Turkey, just like I would sound like one if i said the same thing about Mikel or Iheanacho. Yes the statement about him not holding a spot is true but there are circumstances which we all know to be the reason. All the same i am sorry if u r offended as that is not wat i'm about.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 7:48pm On Nov 06, 2016
It's been a week to forget for our defenders. Mainz conceeded 6 in the Europa league with Balogun posting a very low mark overall.
Omeruo scored an own goal yesterday.
Balogun's error lead to Mainz conceeding their 3rd goal today.
Elderson's form is patchy so far this season.
Our Right back is unstable.....

I understand the Algerians are happy to know Ikeme will be MIA.
Their strategy will be to shoot on sight and trouble whoever will be in goal.
Rohr has a lot of decision to make and work to do this week.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:10pm On Nov 06, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

U sounded like an hater when u dismissed Musa saying he couldn't hold down a spot in Turkey, just like I would sound like one if i said the same thing about Mikel or Iheanacho. Yes the statement about him not holding a spot is true but there are circumstances which we all know to be the reason. All the same i am sorry if u r offended as that is not wat i'm about.
Now I see where you misunderstood my point. Am a realist. If you have have been following my posts, you will know.
Musa's move to Turkey have set his career back. That's the truth.
He is rated as the 4th choice Rb by his club,for whatever reason which is surprising to every Nigerian.
An African not getting games at a modest club in Turkey and being rated by this club as 4th choice, realistically,will not get a look in by decent clubs in any of Europes major league. That's the Gospel truth.

However, if a trusted person with connections recommends him to a club. He may be offered a trail durring which decisions would be made.
A lot of factors could come into play.... Factors ranging from internal politics, work permit and probably signing him could block the pathway for a local talent.....
Its quite a long shot... That is why the npfl is an option for him. A plan B.

I suggested Rangers because the coach Imama, is a national team coach. He will over watch his growth like he had done with a fledgling Chisom Egbuchulam and a recuperating Obinna Nwobodo.
Playing in the Caf champions league and Npfl will give the experience which will lead to a rebound back to main stream Europe like Ifeanyi Mattew. He's just 20...
I know why I took my time in writing this.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:14pm On Nov 06, 2016
goldfish80:
It's been a week to forget for our defenders. Mainz conceeded 6 in the Europa league with Balogun posting a very low mark overall.

I hope Elderson is not injured. He played Europa league and the game before but is not even on the bench today..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:15pm On Nov 06, 2016
tbaba1234:

I hope Elderson is not injured. He played Europa league and the game before but is not even on the bench today..

He could be injured. He was subbed out in the Europa league at the break, I think.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:17pm On Nov 06, 2016
goldfish80:

He could be injured. He was subbed out in the Europa league at the break, I think.

It looks like it...chai!! Maybe it is not a serious knock, otherwise we would have heard of it after the Europa game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:20pm On Nov 06, 2016
goldfish80:

It doesn't matter.

Club is club, national team is national team. we know the capabilities of our defenders. I am not bordered.

I also have confidence in the crop of goalies we'll be having in camp. Thank God its a home game. Our opponents are more likely to be on the receiving end.

I am more concerned about how our Forwards will combine well upfront to produce the much needed goals.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:10pm On Nov 06, 2016
Good to see Rohr has his eyes on Otigba for future games. Hopefully, he gets called for a few friendlies.

Super Eagles Coach Rohr Speaks On Hungarian-Nigerian Defender Otigba & Ebuehi’s Saga

As part of his plans to make the Super Eagles a force to be reckoned with in Africa, coach Gernot Rohr has revealed his plans for the Nigerian duo of Kenneth Otigba and Tyronne Ebuehi.

The duo are eligible for other nations with Ebuehi who is eligible for the Dutch national team, turning down an invitation to be part of the Nigerian team for the World Cup 2018 qualifiers against Algeria in Uyo on the 12th of November.

Otigba on his part, is keen to hear from Rohr as he reportedly turned down a chance to team up with the Hungarian national team even though he is eligible to play for them, as he has his sight on the Nigerian team.

” He (Ebuehi) said yes he will play for Nigeria when we first approached him, but his agent made some observations regarding his young career.

” His agent did not want him to come yet because he still has a long way to go as regard his club career. He has only played four, five games for the first team of ADO Den Haag, so it’s best he focus on his club for now.

” I spoke with his parents and they also want him to come and play for Nigeria. He will play for Nigeria when next we call him up” He said.

On Otigba, the German coach confirmed he is well aware of his abilities but for now, he has defenders who are ahead of him in the pecking order.

” Otigba plays in Turkey for Kasimpasa, we are aware of him and monitoring him as well. For now we are well stocked in that area, but in the future he will definately get a look in” He concluded.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/06/super-eagles-coach-rohr-speaks-on-hungarian-nigerian-defender-otigba-ebuehis-saga/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:27pm On Nov 06, 2016
tbaba1234:
Good to see Rohr has his eyes on Otigba for future games. Hopefully, he gets called for a few friendlies.

Super Eagles Coach Rohr Speaks On Hungarian-Nigerian Defender Otigba & Ebuehi’s Saga

As part of his plans to make the Super Eagles a force to be reckoned with in Africa, coach Gernot Rohr has revealed his plans for the Nigerian duo of Kenneth Otigba and Tyronne Ebuehi.

The duo are eligible for other nations with Ebuehi who is eligible for the Dutch national team, turning down an invitation to be part of the Nigerian team for the World Cup 2018 qualifiers against Algeria in Uyo on the 12th of November.

Otigba on his part, is keen to hear from Rohr as he reportedly turned down a chance to team up with the Hungarian national team even though he is eligible to play for them, as he has his sight on the Nigerian team.

” He (Ebuehi) said yes he will play for Nigeria when we first approached him, but his agent made some observations regarding his young career.

” His agent did not want him to come yet because he still has a long way to go as regard his club career. He has only played four, five games for the first team of ADO Den Haag, so it’s best he focus on his club for now.

” I spoke with his parents and they also want him to come and play for Nigeria. He will play for Nigeria when next we call him up” He said.

On Otigba, the German coach confirmed he is well aware of his abilities but for now, he has defenders who are ahead of him in the pecking order.

” Otigba plays in Turkey for Kasimpasa, we are aware of him and monitoring him as well. For now we are well stocked in that area, but in the future he will definately get a look in” He concluded.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/06/super-eagles-coach-rohr-speaks-on-hungarian-nigerian-defender-otigba-ebuehis-saga/

#CallUpOtigba

Do not forget Aluko.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samueld0(m): 9:32pm On Nov 06, 2016
I hope he call on Otigba in one of our friendlies

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:39pm On Nov 06, 2016
Icon4s:

It doesn't matter.

Club is club, national team is national team. we know the capabilities of our defenders. I am not bordered.

I also have confidence in the crop of goalies we'll be having in camp. Thank God its a home game. Our opponents are more likely to be on the receiving end.

I am more concerned about how our Forwards will combine well upfront to produce the much needed goals.
Our forwards will definetly creat changes. Their defence is not exactly world class. However, we must be weary of turning the game into a shooting game. If that be the case, we may be looking at something like a 2=2 draw.

We should be looking at scoring and keeping them from scoring.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:54pm On Nov 06, 2016
goldfish80:

Our forwards will definetly creat changes. Their defence is not exactly world class. However, we must be weary of turning the game into a shooting game. If that be the case, we may be looking at something like a 2=2 draw.

We should be looking at scoring and keeping them from scoring.

Daniel Akpeyi is equal to the task. He is tested and trusted. Also a goalies is as good as his defense.

I may be alone on this but i dnt have worries about our goal keeping position.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:33pm On Nov 06, 2016
Another goal for Ideye

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:57pm On Nov 06, 2016
goldfish80:

Now I see where you misunderstood my point. Am a realist. If you have have been following my posts, you will know.
Musa's move to Turkey have set his career back. That's the truth.
He is rated as the 4th choice Rb by his club,for whatever reason which is surprising to every Nigerian.
An African not getting games at a modest club in Turkey and being rated by this club as 4th choice, realistically,will not get a look in by decent clubs in any of Europes major league. That's the Gospel truth.

However, if a trusted person with connections recommends him to a club. He may be offered a trail durring which decisions would be made.
A lot of factors could come into play.... Factors ranging from internal politics, work permit and probably signing him could block the pathway for a local talent.....
Its quite a long shot... That is why the npfl is an option for him. A plan B.

I suggested Rangers because the coach Imama, is a national team coach. He will over watch his growth like he had done with a fledgling Chisom Egbuchulam and a recuperating Obinna Nwobodo.
Playing in the Caf champions league and Npfl will give the experience which will lead to a rebound back to main stream Europe like Ifeanyi Mattew. He's just 20...
I know why I took my time in writing this.

but he is not on a modest club, IBB is on top of the turkish league with 2 points. It's the same as leicester last year, when a team is doing good the chances are few, the turkish cup has not yet kicked off for the big clubs and so right now the chances of playing are not great. Still Musa had offers even before this season and with his performances for Nigeria i am sure he will have alot of teams chasing him. I must agree that he has a bad agent, i still ask myself how did we get here, with all the big clubs that have been mentioned by his name.

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amedino99(m), foxman04, opes, humility33(m) and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.