Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,798 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11695985 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (16158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:40am On Nov 06, 2016
tbaba1234:

Where Musa is right now will almost definitely destroy his career. Musa Muhammad should look for a club in Belgium or Holland, even if it is second tier at first and gradually make his way up.If he can't get a good club, come to Nigeria and start again.

I think, many Nigerian players have bad agents.. How does one explain Shehu Abdullah going to Cyprus after a decent olympics or Imoh Ezekiel going to Qatar?

The agents are just after which club offers the highest pay for them and not which club will best serve their client's career goals. At the end of the day, they end up in rubbish places.

A player like Echiejiele has a great agent.. From Braga to Monaco to Liege.. That is what a good agent can do for your career.

He is in a very good club, they stand alone on their log. They are on a leicester type run and no coach in his right mind will change a winning team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 9:57am On Nov 06, 2016
Icon4s:

No, TheGoodJoe is different in some regards.

1. He can argue a point to no conclusion but if he later finds out he was wrong after all, even if it is after 2yrs he would own up and acknowledge it.

2. His like for players are not born out of sectional sentiments. wink

I think you're fueling a wrong narrative. It seems like forgiveness puts forth names based on a regional bias on the surface, but when you look closely at ALL the names he puts forward, they balance out across the country. Let's not make a wrong label stick. Biko!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:59am On Nov 06, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Good Morning Chief Icons.... Arch-Apostle and Arch-guardian of the halls of Experience.... smiley

Oga Experience himself... I greet You Sir.....

[img]http://media4./media/Hm3ZMI68o17os/200_s.gif[/img]

Biko.... E don do.... I understand you...

My own is Experience has a very important place and will always have that place no matter what (AND THERE'S NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO ABOUT IT) but a perfect balance between Experience and Youth precocity/precociousness is the BEST OF THE COCKTAIL MIX.

Experience alone CAN'T ALWAYS GET THE JOB DONE. That super special and Youthful Individual brilliance and Verve also decide big contests and win wars.

None should be overrated but just given their rightful place as we saw with the Nigerian team of the early and mid 90s.

That's my stance and we must remain open-minded about the experience/Youth mix.

.............. Meanwhile.....

Me, TheGoodJoe, and Yara Yara are eagerly waiting for Moses' post-match fitness reports like this........

Time dey go....

..... Happy Sunday y'all smiley

Reminds me of Dunga in 2010 choosing to drop Neymar from the National World Cup final list. Neymar was not just the best Brazilian player, in South American football, he was clearly the best.

The only route to drop such a talent is.. Guess now.. Experience. Dunga knows he is the best Brazilian player he has. If I remember right, Robinho played in Santos that season and Neymar outclassed Robinho and scored more goals than Robinho.

But, Neymar did not have experience on the big stage. So Dunga chose a weaker player. Putting experience hinders logical decision of selecting the best player.

That same year, Joachim Lowe, German National coach opted for a young inexperienced German player called Mesuit Ozil and he was impressive.

Germany fared better and Dunga got th e sack letter.

Let us select better players than opting for weaker players with the guise of experience.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:13am On Nov 06, 2016
safarigirl:
not necessarily

Is his dream not to play football? If he can't get a club to sign him within the first 2 tiers of a sensible European country, then he should come home and rearrange his career.

Rangers is a good club that will be getting on an International stage next year, which is a good opportunity for him to strut his stuff for the European clubs.

I bet he'll get more game time and better coverage there than in some rundown, racists-run, kindergarten club in the fourth tier of some basic European nation

The dream is always to get paid doing wat u love. Money is always a factor when it comes to jobs in general, people have mouths to feed.
The original comment was made with contempt, why would anybody expect Musa to drop from the best team in Turkey to Nigeria, when there are so many other countries in Europe. If the npfl is so good why we not clamoring for Mikel to come also. To me it was just a method to dismiss Musa, there was nothing good or ok about that comment.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:47am On Nov 06, 2016
Can someone, anyone!!! Please tell Legend Segun Odegbami to take that "old crystal ball" and cast it into a trashcan?? grin

Anyway, he says, "It will be a battle of the forwards" (words of the man who destroyed Algeria in 1980 with the great Rabah Madjer present smiley )
Odegbami: The War In Uyo – The Super Eagles Versus The Desert Foxes!

Next weekend there is going to be a war in Uyo.
The Akwa Ibom State capital is fast becoming the football capital of Nigeria.

Everyone can now appreciate the vision of the State Government and the benefits of locating a
magnificent state-of-the-art stadium complex in
one of the remote State capitals of Nigeria. Not
only has that move drawn maximum media
attention to the city, it also moves a whole
travelling army of football followers, tens of
thousands of them from outside the State, to the city every time Nigeria’s most powerful and best advertising product, the Super Eagles, go to play there.

Next weekend, therefore, all roads will lead once again to Uyo where the team that has never lost a match on the ground takes on the Desert Foxes of Algeria in a match that can possibly determine the team that will represent Group D of the African qualifiers at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

That’s how important and critical this match is.
Only a few months ago very few Nigerians would
have given the Super Eagles, a jaded team in
the past two years, much of a chance against
Algeria miles ahead of Nigeria in the global FIFA
rankings. I recall that the Desert Foxes have
been rated the best national team on the
continent in recent years.
But the last few months have proved to be a very long time indeed for both teams as they undergo massive internal changes. The positions may be shifting since the group matches started and Nigeria now lies atop the group.

Recently, the Nigerian team hired a new foreign
technical adviser, German coach Gernot Rohr, to
re-jig the national team.

Also, on the eve of the Nigerian match, with only two weeks to the epic game, the Algerian Football Federation got rid of their former coach after drawing their last World Cup qualifier against Cameroon in Algiers, and replaced him with another foreigner, one who had coached the same team some 13 years ago and had stints with a few other African countries since then–Belgian Georges Leekens.

Since Rohr took over the Super Eagles, the
Nigerian team has looked alert, has improved
considerably and has been playing with greater
confidence. Rohr has surely been instilling some
discipline and organization to the team with the
growing number of new, young and gifted
forwards that fate has been throwing in his path.

In the past few months Nigeria’s attack can now boast of some of the continent’s most lethal
strikers.

True, the Eagles may not have been scoring as
many goals as the strikers available to the team
deserve, but I believe they will still play all night
on the night, probing the Algerian goal from all
angles, with their defense struggling to contain
what promises to be a ceaseless onslaught.

A quick look at the strikers available to Rohr is
revealing: Victor Moses (probably in the best form of his career up till now); Iheanacho (one of the most improved African players in the ongoing EPL season); Iwobi (a great attacking midfielder); Ighalo (a bulldozer of a striker keeping defenders busy all night); and Ahmed Musa (one of the fastest forwards in European football now getting some regular playing time in Leicester City FC).

I predict that one player that will make all the difference in this match is Victor Moses. He, in particular, has settled down as a fixture in the
new improving Chelsea FC side. This has given
him the confidence to raise his game to a very
high level. He would be the greatest thorn in the
heart of the Algerians.

THE WAR IN UYO

How the Algerian defense will contain and survive these rampaging Nigerian forwards is what the “war” in Uyo is all about.

The Desert Foxes are a very solid team. They are mature and experienced campaigners in African football. They are probably the most technical team in the continent, always a difficult team for most African teams to play against because of their tactical depth.

They also come to Uyo with an exciting front line of two of Africa’s current best players.

Riyad Mahrez. This left-footed player playing from the right side of attack is always a bundle to handle for any defender. His performances in Leicester City’s fairytale success in the EPL last season (ending up as champions) has the imprint of Mahrez written all over it. Little wonder he was elected by his co-players in the EPL as their choice of Player of the year.

The duel between him and Nigeria’s also very experienced left-back, Echiejile, will be truly
exciting to watch.

Add to that the presence of the ever- prowling
striker, Algeria’s golden boy and 2014 World Cup hero, Mahrez’s teammate in Leicester City, Islam Slimani!

Slimani joined Leicester City this season from
Sporting Lisbon where he was scoring goals with
abandon last season to add to the team’s
firepower. This is the combination they bring to
the Algerian national team and will be unleashed
in Uyo.

The war in Uyo will be real. It will be a battle of the forwards, with a formidable Algerian attack tormenting the Nigerian defense as much and as well as the Nigerian attackers will also be doing to the Algerian defense line.

I am looking at my old crystal ball now. The
match will be closely fought and keenly
contested. There will not be many goals. A slim
victory for Nigeria looks like being on the cards.
Or, a draw? A draw would be the best the Desert
Foxes can ever hope for from this match, even if
that would be really bad news for Nigeria.

My advice to all those who are postulating about the outcome of this critically important match is that they set aside all their preconceived notions about tradition, records, history, computations, permutations and look towards a terrific match between two very powerful and technically savvy teams.

Where would the pendulum of victory swing? I go back to my old crystal ball and peer into its
lenses,it reveals nothing

Source: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/odegbami-war-uyo-super-eagles-versus-desert-foxes/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:19am On Nov 06, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

The dream is always to get paid doing wat u love. Money is always a factor when it comes to jobs in general, people have mouths to feed.
The original comment was made with contempt, why would anybody expect Musa to drop from the best team in Turkey to Nigeria, when there are so many other countries in Europe. If the npfl is so good why we not clamoring for Mikel to come also. To me it was just a method to dismiss Musa, there was nothing good or ok about that comment.
This is good news. Great news! 
If his minders cannot find a decent club for him in a decent country, he should come back home and sign for Enugu Rangers.
Playing in the Npfl and Caf champions league could prove vital in his development. 
The structure in Rangers will be most suitable for him. Imama being with the national team will take care of him properly. 
I hope Imama speaks to him in camp.

Of course he should be playing in Europe. But if such opportunities aren't forthcoming what's his fall back option? 
Would you rather he hangs around in Europe playing for a pub team in the name of playing in Europe? 
Top clubs in Europe would hardly look the way of a player who couldn't hold down a spot in Turkey for Ba*******(spelling) 
Npfl should be his fall back option, no matter what you think about our league

These were the comments I made which you interpreted as being made with contempt. Something must be definitely wrong with your understanding and cognitive reasoning if after going through my comment and you believe I made it out of contempt. Contempt for what?
I've defended Musa Muhammed here more than anyone. I called for the Nff to speak to his club and get to the root of his plight because I see him as a future super eagles captian.
A couple of weeks later, out of the blue am showing Contempt towards the same player.

I think the Nff should come to the aid of this young man. Such a big talent should not be made to waste away at a road side club in freaking Turkey. Something just has to give this coming transfer window.
The Nff should take a cue from Germany on how they handled the case of serge Gnabry at Arsenal. Immediately after the Olympics, DFB made a lot of noise then pressured Arsenal into letting Gnabry leave due to lack of playing time, using wolfsburg as a front to get the boy back to Germany.
Is it not time someone at the nff atleast pickup a phone and call his club's hierarchy to seek an explanation why Musa Muhammed is never even on their team sheet after pulling ranks to deny him an opportunity to play at the Olympics. For goodness sake, this guy is a future super eagles captain, someone should be putting a phone call now! .

That's the comment I posted in September. Somehow am showing contempt some weeks later towards the same player.
Please don't defame me again with that rubbish talk of contempt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:09pm On Nov 06, 2016
Jefersoun:
Am saying the keepers position. I have no problem with new players we need a tested and trusted hand. Akpeyi has handled some tough games for SE in the past and did well against SA and Egypt. No tell me say we lost that match against Egypt ooh, because our attack wasn't that strong. Let me give you an example, Kemi Adeosun, is being criticize for our economic recession, even when it might not be her fault. You ask them why? They ask you what position has she held in the past? Some are even calling for Okonjo Iwela, due to are past position in world bank, that is what we call experience. Why don't we put a talented first class fresh graduate and see if they are not going to come for your head, eventually things go wrong. See, if you make me vex this morning eeh. I go come your house through internet connection, and if I eventually come, prepare for 3rd world war. Smiles, lol. Happy Sunday!

I am not Fearing you. It seems you have not heard about my boxing gloves.

As for Kemi Adeosun and Okonjo-Iweala, it is clear. The experienced one, Madam Okonjo-Iweala knows babash. Lied repeatedly while dipping her hands into the ECA to make it look as if things were rosy in the country.

She wasted a windfall of Crude Oil sales and landed us in this mess. Anyone criticising Adeosun for the current mess never sat down to calculate why we are in this mess.

Despite low Crude Sales, for the first time in recent years we are taking effort to curb our problems. For instance, we are making importers of petrol carry the burden of Forex for importation. We stopped the wastage of our Foreign reserves by encouraging local production of food and stopping importation.

This is a football thread. I would have talked further about it. But, this is a case of ability trumping experience hands down. Tiri Gbosa for Auntie Kemi.

By the way, take this one for Challenging me.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:17pm On Nov 06, 2016
Loooooooooooooooooollllllllll......... TheGoodJoe oooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Chaaaiiiiiiii....

Yara Yara... Pls collect those "gloves" from Sir TheGoodJoe..... Loollll e don do biko!

**na wa oooo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:22pm On Nov 06, 2016
Bia Sir Jefersoun.... Loollll

So na you wey mention "third world war"?? With theGoodJoe?? Huh??

E be like say u neva jam ooo.... Looollll Do you know who u contend with? Looooolllllll

Him boxing gloves no be here ooo... Berra just stay for house. Looollll

Me and Yara Yara are having lunch looking at you like this.....

[img]http://media4./media/3o6ZtiHx8FqOXHxJao/200_s.gif[/img]

Yara Yara: Boss, this Mr Jefer neva know TheGoodJoe? **looks at him**

Me: Leave am, him go know soon. *sips tea*

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jefersoun: 12:48pm On Nov 06, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I am not Fearing you. It seems you have not heard about my boxing gloves.

As for Kemi Adeosun and Okonjo-Iweala, it is clear. The experienced one, Madam Okonjo-Iweala knows babash. Lied repeatedly while dipping her hands into the ECA to make it look as if things were rosy in the country.

She wasted a windfall of Crude Oil sales and landed us in this mess. Anyone criticising Adeosun for the current mess never sat down to calculate why we are in this mess.

Despite low Crude Sales, for the first time in recent years we are taking effort to curb our problems. For instance, we are making importers of petrol carry the burden of Forex for importation. We stopped the wastage of our Foreign reserves by encouraging local production of food and stopping importation.

This is a football thread. I would have talked further about it. But, this is a case of ability trumping experience hands down. Tiri Gbosa for Auntie Kemi.

By the way, take this one for Challenging me.
Ah ah wetin i do na, person no fit play with you again, see now you don remove all my teeth. I no fit talk again, but at least i still get fingers to type. Lol.
Back to the matter. I know is not her fault, that is why i said, might not be her fault. I know the circumstances surrounding our recession. But people her blaming her due to her lack of top experience compared to Iwela. This i don't want Alampasu to face or Rohr. Because, people are going to blame both of them, most especially if he makes mistake that is costly and we get a bad result. They will then ask you why didn't you go with a test and trusted hand, knowing the importance and magnitude of the game. Same people will start criticizing them and calling them names. This i think we should avoid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:56pm On Nov 06, 2016
Jefersoun:
Ah ah wetin i do na, person no fit play with you again, see now you don remove all my teeth. I no fit talk again, but at least i still get fingers to type. Lol.
Back to the matter. I know is not her fault, that is why i said, might not be her fault. I know the circumstances surrounding our recession. But people her blaming her due to her lack of top experience compared to Iwela. This i don't want Alampasu to face or Rohr. Because, people are going to blame both of them, most especially if he makes mistake that is costly and we get a bad result. They will then ask you why didn't you go with a test and trusted hand, knowing the importance and magnitude of the game. Same people will start criticizing you and calling you names. This i think we should avoid.

Sorry. I will tell Yara Yara to fix your teeth. He learnt some dentistry skills watching TheSuperNerd unplug teeth from some skulls.

To the topic. I get the fear and criticism that goes with young players playing. They are mostly the target of criticism even when they are not wrong.

However, there are those enlightened enough to know right from wrong.

I feel we need the best legs and hands possible. If the youngsters are the best, we play them. Fortune favours the Brave. Shielding Alampasu from criticism is not the right way to make him grow.

I will take a quote from Van Gaal. Not precisely how he said it but close.

"I FOUND MY OWN RONALDO AND HIS NAME IS PATRICK KLUIVERT. I AM THROWING HIM TO THE LIONS TO SHOW THEM WHAT HE IS MADE OF."

No tension. Let us field our best team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jefersoun: 1:01pm On Nov 06, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Bia Sir Jefersoun.... Loollll

So na you wey mention "third world war"?? With theGoodJoe?? Huh??

E be like say u neva jam ooo.... Looollll Do you know who u contend with? Looooolllllll

Him boxing gloves no be here ooo... Berra just stay for house. Looollll

Me and Yara Yara are having lunch looking at you like this.....

[img]http://media4./media/3o6ZtiHx8FqOXHxJao/200_s.gif[/img]

Yara Yara: Boss, this Mr Jefer neva know TheGoodJoe? **looks at him**

Me: Leave am, him go know soon. *sips tea*
Assuming i know i for stay for my house jeje. Now see my mouth, pap don turn to my favourite meal. Lol. How is your day? Hope cool.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jefersoun: 1:27pm On Nov 06, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Sorry. I will tell Yara Yara to fix your teeth. He learnt some dentistry skills watching TheSuperNerd unplug teeth from some skulls.

To the topic. I get the fear and criticism that goes with young players playing. They are mostly the target of criticism even when they are not wrong.

However, there are those enlightened enough to know right from wrong.

I feel we need the best legs and hands possible. If the youngsters are the best, we play them. Fortune favours the Brave. Shielding Alampasu from criticism is not the right way to make him grow.

I will take a quote from Van Gaal. Not precisely how he said it but close.

"I FOUND MY OWN RONALDO AND HIS NAME IS PATRICK KLUIVERT. I AM THROWING HIM TO THE LIONS TO SHOW THEM WHAT HE IS MADE OF."

No tension. Let us field our best team.
Ah i hope say no be from monkey skull, because if na from there, then i prefer to stay teethless. Lol
You said Ronaldo, right, he is not a keeper, so his position allows for mistakes, which most times does not affect the outcome of a match. But keepers position is way too important for us to gamble with in a high profile game like this. The keeper serves as the chief guardian of the team. So he shoulders so many responsibility of keeping his team in the game. So such position can get a new keeper gittery in a high profile match with so many things at stake. I don talk tire say i no dey against fielding new player, so far say him position no dey that sensitive. Ah don tire, make i go hide. Lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:33pm On Nov 06, 2016
Jefersoun:
Ah i hope say no be from monkey skull, because if na from there, then i prefer to stay teethless. Lol
You said Ronaldo, right, he is not a keeper, so is position allows for mistakes, which most times does not affect the outcome of a match. But keepers position is way too important for us to gamble with in a high profile game like this. The keeper serves as the chief guardian of the team. So he shoulders so many responsibility of keeping his team in the game. So such position can get a new keeper gittery in a high profile match with so many things at stake. I don talk tire say i no dey against fielding new player, so far say him position no dey that sensitive. Ah don tire, make i go hide. Lol

A bigger gamble is playing with a weaker keeper in such a high profile game. We need the best goalkeeper in our goal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jefersoun: 1:54pm On Nov 06, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

A bigger gamble is playing with a weaker keeper in such a high profile game. We need the best goalkeeper in our goal.
Fielding Akpeyi is not a gamble. We have seen him in action for the SE against Egypt in a high profile game just as this. We know what he can bring to the table. There is this popular saying, which goes thus: "The devil you know is better than the Angel you don't know".
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:02pm On Nov 06, 2016
Jefersoun:
Fielding Akpeyi is not a gamble. We have seen him in action for the SE against Egypt in a high profile game just as this. We know what he can bring to the table. There is this popular saying, which goes thus: "The devil you know is better than the Angel you don't know".

I said the weaker keeper. Seeing a keeper in action does not make him the stronger keeper. He has to fight for his Jersey in camp and we play the stronger keeper.

Instead of gambling with a weaker keeper.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:32pm On Nov 06, 2016
joseph1013:

I think you're fueling a wrong narrative. It seems like forgiveness puts forth names based on a regional bias on the surface, but when you look closely at ALL the names he puts forward, they balance out across the country. Let's not make a wrong label stick. Biko!

We know the truth about that. But lets jst move on.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:21pm On Nov 06, 2016
Ebuehi's rated performance in the last game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:01pm On Nov 06, 2016
terzurum5:

Now you can see that he is not different from Sir Forgiveness.
As far as he is bent on a particular point. He does not turn back.

TheGoodJoe
Hmmmmmmmnnnnnnnn

Well, when you say 'bent on something', I have always try as much as possible to be realistic about my views.

What TheGoodJoe has been saying is nothing new. It is resealable to say the best in camp should be given the nod.

Then, let us ask ourselves these questions.

If Ezenwa and Akpeyi are more experience than Alampasu, don't you think they will perform better than Alampasu during training?

Don't you think they will convince the coach with their overall performance during the camp?

If Alampasu performance better than them during ordinary camp with no tension, na for real match dem go come perform?

Na simple matter. It's expected that Akpeyi shows his level of experience in the camp for him to be favoured ahead of the rest but if he doesn't, why allow him to man the post?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:03pm On Nov 06, 2016
forgiveness:

Well, when you say 'bent on something', I have always try as much as possible to be realistic about my views.

What TheGoodJoe has been saying is nothing new. It is resealable to say the best in camp should be given the nod.

Then, let us ask ourselves these questions.

If Ezenwa and Akpeyi are more experience than Alampasu, don't you think they will perform better than Alampasu during training?

Don't you think they will convince the coach with their overall performance during the camp?

If Alampasu performance better than them during ordinary camp with no tension, na for real match dem go come perform?

Na simple matter. It's expected that Akpeyi shows his level of experience in the camp for him to be favoured ahead of the rest but if he doesn't, why allow him to man the post?

Yara Yara come and see Miracle. TheGoodJoe and forgiveness agree on a point.

forgiveness, take tiri Gbosa there.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:04pm On Nov 06, 2016
Icon4s:

No, TheGoodJoe is different in some regards.

1. He can argue a point to no conclusion but if he later finds out he was wrong after all, even if it is after 2yrs he would own up and acknowledge it.

2. His like for players are not born out of sectional sentiments. wink

You wan make I open fowl yanch again for this Sunday?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:11pm On Nov 06, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Yara Yara come and see Miracle. TheGoodJoe and forgiveness agree on the point.

forgiveness, take tiri Gbosa there.

grin

Initially, I didn't agree that Alampasu should man the post if he performs well in the camp but after reading your post and others, I came to the conclusion that Akpeyi must show he is more experience than the rest in the camp before he is given the number one jersey.

The reason Mikel plays ahead of others is because he displayed it during the camps. Na simple thing na. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:27pm On Nov 06, 2016
joseph1013:

y

Help me tell dem.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:28pm On Nov 06, 2016
Leo Balogun's defence has been leaking goals in the last two games. 3 already before half time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 4:36pm On Nov 06, 2016
Is this for real?
EBUEHI NO-EAGLES SAGA: ROHR REVEALS FULL DETAILS
http://africanfootball.com/news/661952/EBUEHI-NO-EAGLES-SAGA-Rohr-reveals-full-details
by Staff Reporter
Sunday Nov 06, 2016. 17:04
Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr has revealed Tyronne Ebuehi will honour another invitation after he first rejected a chance to play against Algeria so as to focus at his Dutch club.
Rohr specially opened up that the 20-year-old ADO Den Haag defender as well as his parents had accepted he should honour the call-up for the Algeria match, but the player’s agent blocked the move.
“He’s a very good, young player, a right back. His agent did not want him to come yet because he is still very young, he has only played four, five games for the first team of Den Haag,” Rohr narrated.
“His agent believes that it’s too early for him to play for Nigeria, that he should first stablise at his club.
“But the player wants to come and next time, he will come.
“He said yes he will play for Nigeria at first, but then the agent came into the picture and made some observations.
I also spoke to his parents and they also wanted him to come too.”

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:40pm On Nov 06, 2016
Icon4s:

We know the truth about that. But lets jst move on.

Please, tell us the truth. I wan know am.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:46pm On Nov 06, 2016
goldfish80:

Is this for real?

Yea, i think there was a report about the fact that the statement was released by his agent.

The agent believes that this is not the best time for him to honour the invitation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 4:52pm On Nov 06, 2016
tbaba1234:

Yea, i think there was a report about the fact that the statement was released by his agent.

The agent believes that this is not the best time for him to honour the invitation.
His family should be speaking for him not the agent.
Things like this are the reason it's best to have a parent act as the manager of the player.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:01pm On Nov 06, 2016
goldfish80:

His family should be speaking for him not the agent.
Things like this are the reason it's best to have a parent act as the manager of the player.

Sometimes, agents are like second parents to players especially youngsters. Plus, the agent knows more about the game than the boy.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 06, 2016
goldfish80:

Is this for real?
I can tell u that Rohr can manage information and players.. was it keshi or oliseh.. I think they must have been having a beef with Moses and this ebuehi guy...

kudos to rohr... see how he managed the case of Isaac success, victor Moses, and even Mikel obi... I bet not all his predecessors can handle that amicably.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2016
tbaba1234:

Sometimes, agents are like second parents to players especially youngsters. Plus, the agent knows more about the game than the boy.
Obviously agent play major roles in a players career. Although I prefer the agent being a parent of the player.
Like pogba and his mom, Ozil and his dad, Iwobi and his dad, Iheanacho and his dad.. Etc
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:14pm On Nov 06, 2016
krattoss:
I can tell u that Rohr can manage information and players.. was it keshi or oliseh.. I think they must have been having a beef with Moses and this ebuehi guy...

kudos to rohr... see how he managed the case of Isaac success, victor Moses, and even Mikel obi... I bet not all his predecessors can handle that amicably.
Rohr is a good manager. He's committed in developing a new super eagles team.
His experience and commitment is quite glaring.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (16158) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christinu2, quickberry(m), chuks404, daveP(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.