Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11729940 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (16171) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:08pm On Nov 05, 2016
joseph1013:
This is deliberate obfuscation o. We are talking about giving a green horn his debut in a very high profile match.

Was Okocha given his debut in a high profile match? Do you know the game he made his debut?

If they are better players ahead, there is no problem. Benching a better player over a weaker player based on experience, is where the problem is.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 9:09pm On Nov 05, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
You do not know Yara Yara. Lolllll.
Hehe smiley honestly, I don't

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:09pm On Nov 05, 2016
lakesidepapa:

That Gun on kelvin's hand is too big for me o, can he pull the trigger and shot Moses and Conte if they Bleep up?

Yarayara? Am lost here, who bears that name?

Yara Yara is the attendant that works in TheSuperNerd's lab who he caught smuggling statistical and analytical data to me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:11pm On Nov 05, 2016
lakesidepapa:

Hehe smiley honestly, I don't

Do not mind us. He is a fictional character who is a regular person on this thread.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:12pm On Nov 05, 2016
Looollll.... Yara Yara's real name is Johnson. smiley

He's my special super assistant in my multi-faceted super labs one of which is the sports research and sports science lab... smiley

I mention him sometimes when quoting Sirs Mickael2 and TheGoodJoe.

Most especially Sir TheGoodJoe.....

........................Meanwhile.....

We dey wait for them....

lakesidepapa:

That Gun on kelvin's hand is too big for me o, can he pull the trigger and shot Moses and Conte if they Bleep up?

Yarayara? Am lost here, who bears that name?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:13pm On Nov 05, 2016
Victor Moses will be like, which kain lie will I tell Yara Yara that he will believe.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:16pm On Nov 05, 2016
I do know.... I know about Okocha's career. smiley

Just wondering why an "inexperienced" fella like Okocha (who you said westerhof didn't take a risk on in big matches) and a 19yr old Oliseh featured in the biggest game of the African football calender in 1994.... The '94 Afcon Final.

joseph1013:
This is deliberate obfuscation o. We are talking about giving a green horn his debut in a very high profile match.

Was Okocha given his debut in a high profile match? Do you know the game he made his debut?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 9:18pm On Nov 05, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Yara Yara is the attendant that works in TheSuperNerd's lab who he caught smuggling statistical and analytical data to me.

Hmmm. What a good name he has, in the person of :x (lip seal)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 9:20pm On Nov 05, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
I do know.... I know about Okocha's career. smiley

Just wondering why an "inexperienced" fella like Okocha (who you said westerhof didn't take a risk on in big matches) and a 19yr old Oliseh featured in the biggest game of the African football calender in 1994.... The '94 Afcon Final.

See me see wahala o. Me? I said Westerhoff didn't risk Okocha in a big match? Was the discussion not about Dele's debut in a high-pressure match? And I added how even a legend like Jayjay wasn't thrown into the fray when debuting carelessly in a high profile match. Who spoke about Westerhoff not using talented but inexperienced players to prosecute games?

Na wa o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 9:23pm On Nov 05, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Looollll.... Yara Yara's real name is Johnson. smiley

He's my special super assistant in my multi-faceted super labs one of which is the sports research and sports science lab... smiley

I mention him sometimes when quoting Sirs Mickael2 and TheGoodJoe.

Most especially Sir TheGoodJoe.....

........................Meanwhile.....

We dey wait for them....

Eh en? Lols smiley

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:47pm On Nov 05, 2016
Awoniyi with another barren game... This guy's goal drought na helele!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:59pm On Nov 05, 2016
Glad Sone Aluko scored yesterday for Fulham against Brentford. I hope he keeps the momentum.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:01pm On Nov 05, 2016
Awoniyi can not complain of not being given a chance... 9 games, no goals, no assists... poor average rating, The stats do not look good for him. He looks like a player short on confidence.. He needs a run of goals to gain back his confidence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 10:15pm On Nov 05, 2016
tbaba1234:
Awoniyi with another barren game... This guy's goal drought na helele!!

so he never recover?His Village people dey on top his matter.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:28pm On Nov 05, 2016
Looolllll... Forgive me for putting you on the defensive. I just realised I quoted both you and Sir Icon4s and referred you both to The '94 Afcon final.

It was Sir Icon4s who used the term "inexperienced" Okocha NOT YOU and then he also insinuated westerhof not risking him in big games during USA 94 and Tunisia 94..... smiley

My apologies Boss.... sad

**See me see wahala too ooo**

joseph1013:
See me see wahala o. Me? I said Westerhoff didn't risk Okocha in a big match? Was the discussion not about Dele's debut in a high-pressure match? And I added how even a legend like Jayjay wasn't thrown into the fray when debuting carelessly in a high profile match. Who spoke about Westerhoff not using talented but inexperienced players to prosecute games?

Na wa o

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:40pm On Nov 05, 2016
tbaba1234:
Awoniyi can not complain of not being given a chance... 9 games, no goals, no assists... poor average rating, The stats do not look good for him. He looks like a player short on confidence.. He needs a run of goals to gain back his confidence.

It takes time, we should be happy that he is getting game time which means he is doing right in training. His team is a bottom log squad chances will always be hard to come by.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:46pm On Nov 05, 2016
joseph1013:
Don't you think you're taking this issue too personal? I don't see him wishing Musa evil. He just wants him to do well by suggesting that he should play for a really good team in Nigeria, Rangers in case teams abroad refuse to give him a chance. Rangers dont owe players from what I gathered.

If Musa comes back to Nigeria that would be a big step back there is no other way to look at this. It is like quiting ur dream job for another, sure it might not be a lesser job, it might even be better but it is not ur dream job.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:04am On Nov 06, 2016
tbaba1234:

we will conduct fasting and prayers for him. Village people are at work, but they will not succeed

Maybe he's a late bloomer

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:10am On Nov 06, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

If Musa comes back to Nigeria that would be a big step back there is no other way to look at this. It is like quiting ur dream job for another, sure it might not be a lesser job, it might even be better but it is not ur dream job.
not necessarily

Is his dream not to play football? If he can't get a club to sign him within the first 2 tiers of a sensible European country, then he should come home and rearrange his career.

Rangers is a good club that will be getting on an International stage next year, which is a good opportunity for him to strut his stuff for the European clubs.

I bet he'll get more game time and better coverage there than in some rundown, racists-run, kindergarten club in the fourth tier of some basic European nation

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:20am On Nov 06, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Where Musa is right now will almost definitely destroy his career. Musa Muhammad should look for a club in Belgium or Holland, even if it is second tier at first and gradually make his way up.If he can't get a good club, come to Nigeria and start again.

I think, many Nigerian players have bad agents.. How does one explain Shehu Abdullah going to Cyprus after a decent olympics or Imoh Ezekiel going to Qatar?

The agents are just after which club offers the highest pay for them and not which club will best serve their client's career goals. At the end of the day, they end up in rubbish places.

A player like Echiejiele has a great agent.. From Braga to Monaco to Liege.. That is what a good agent can do for your career.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:04am On Nov 06, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Looolllll... Forgive me for putting you on the defensive. I just realised I quoted both you and Sir Icon4s and referred you both to The '94 Afcon final.

It was Sir Icon4s who used the term "inexperienced" Okocha NOT YOU and then he also insinuated westerhof not risking him in big games during USA 94 and Tunisia 94..... smiley

My apologies Boss.... sad

**See me see wahala too ooo**

As i always say experience is also relative.

Okocha then was a beginer compared to Thompson Oliha. Also Okocha was too casual. Okocha was more skillful but Oliha was more efficient.

All be it. The decision to play Oliha ahead of Okocha had to do more with tactics than Experience.

Me, then i never liked Oliha. I always wanted to see a young Okocha dazzle.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:20am On Nov 06, 2016
tbaba1234:

Where Musa is right now will almost definitely destroy his career. Musa Muhammad should look for a club in Belgium or Holland, even if it is second tier at first and gradually make his way up.If he can't get a good club, come to Nigeria and start again.

I think, many Nigerian players have bad agents.. How does one explain Shehu Abdullah going to Cyprus after a decent olympics or Imoh Ezekiel going to Qatar?

The agents are just after which club offers the highest pay for them and not which club will best serve their client's career goals. At the end of the day, they end up in rubbish places.

A player like Echiejiele has a great agent.. From Braga to Monaco to Liege.. That is what a good agent can do for your career.

I got worried when Mohammed signed for that Turkish club. His mates were going to England, Italy, Spain,,Belgium he went to Turkey.

My take just like urs is his agent should find him a place in Central or Western Europe or even North Africa. Else he should come back home.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 6:42am On Nov 06, 2016
Icon4s:

OMG undecided
Now you can see that he is not different from Sir Forgiveness.
As far as he is bent on a particular point. He does not turn back.

TheGoodJoe
Hmmmmmmmnnnnnnnn
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jefersoun: 6:56am On Nov 06, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

What are you waiting for? Throw kick. Lol.

I am saying that, I disagree with that understanding of National team you do not take risk with young players. Maradona was a small boy when he became key for Argentina. CR7 was a young boy playing for Portugal in the Euros. Renato Sanches, we saw him as a small boy win the Man of the match in the Euros.

The reason why it looks different in the National team is because of plenty competition for each role. So it is easy to find a better matured player who broke into the squad a long time ago than a younger one.

For instance, it is difficult to find youngsters better than Alonso and Busquets in the Spanish National team. Alonso and Busquets are there because they are better, not because they are experienced.

In Nigeria, it is difficult to find a better keeper than Enyeama. He was our number one because he was the best. Not because he was experienced.

It is about finding the best, not experience.
Am saying the keepers position. I have no problem with new players we need a tested and trusted hand. Akpeyi has handled some tough games for SE in the past and did well against SA and Egypt. No tell me say we lost that match against Egypt ooh, because our attack wasn't that strong. Let me give you an example, Kemi Adeosun, is being criticize for our economic recession, even when it might not be her fault. You ask them why? They ask you what position has she held in the past? Some are even calling for Okonjo Iwela, due to are past position in world bank, that is what we call experience. Why don't we put a talented first class fresh graduate and see if they are not going to come for your head, eventually things go wrong. See, if you make me vex this morning eeh. I go come your house through internet connection, and if I eventually come, prepare for 3rd world war. Smiles, lol. Happy Sunday!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:18am On Nov 06, 2016
Good Morning Chief Icons.... Arch-Apostle and Arch-guardian of the halls of Experience.... smiley

Oga Experience himself... I greet You Sir.....

[img]http://media4./media/Hm3ZMI68o17os/200_s.gif[/img]

Biko.... E don do.... I understand you...

My own is Experience has a very important place and will always have that place no matter what (AND THERE'S NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO ABOUT IT) but a perfect balance between Experience and Youth precocity/precociousness is the BEST OF THE COCKTAIL MIX.

Experience alone CAN'T ALWAYS GET THE JOB DONE. That super special and Youthful Individual brilliance and Verve also decide big contests and win wars.

None should be overrated but just given their rightful place as we saw with the Nigerian team of the early and mid 90s.

That's my stance and we must remain open-minded about the experience/Youth mix.

.............. Meanwhile.....

Me, TheGoodJoe, and Yara Yara are eagerly waiting for Moses' post-match fitness reports like this........

Time dey go....

..... Happy Sunday y'all smiley

Icon4s:

As i always say experience is also relative.

Okocha then was a beginer compared to Thompson Oliha. Also Okocha was too casual. Okocha was more skillful but Oliha was more efficient.

All be it. The decision to play Oliha ahead of Okocha had to do more with tactics than Experience.

Me, then i never liked Oliha. I always wanted to see a young Okocha dazzle.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:25am On Nov 06, 2016
terzurum5:

Now you can see that he is not different from Sir Forgiveness.
As far as he is bent on a particular point. He does not turn back.

TheGoodJoe
Hmmmmmmmnnnnnnnn

No, TheGoodJoe is different in some regards.

1. He can argue a point to no conclusion but if he later finds out he was wrong after all, even if it is after 2yrs he would own up and acknowledge it.

2. His like for players are not born out of sectional sentiments. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:26am On Nov 06, 2016
I think he's a late bloomer..... That kid got monstrous talents on the inside. He just needs time and patience from the coaches there. He will come through.

I remember first knowing you as "Mrs Awoniyi".... Chaiii.. #memories smiley

safarigirl:
we will conduct fasting and prayers for him. Village people are at work, but they will not succeed

Maybe he's a late bloomer

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:34am On Nov 06, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Good Morning Chief Icons.... Arch-Apostle and Arch-guardian of the halls of Experience.... smiley

Oga Experience himself... I greet You Sir.....

[img]http://media4./media/Hm3ZMI68o17os/200_s.gif[/img]

Biko.... E don do.... I understand you...

My own is Experience has a very important place and will always have that place no matter what (AND THERE'S NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO ABOUT IT) but a perfect balance between Experience and Youth precocity/precociousness is the BEST OF THE COCKTAIL MIX.

Experience alone CAN'T ALWAYS GET THE JOB DONE. That super special and Youthful Individual brilliance and Verve also decide big contests and win wars.

None should be overrated but just given their rightful place as we saw with the Nigerian team of the early and mid 90s.

That's my stance and we must remain open-minded about the experience/Youth mix.

.............. Meanwhile.....

Me, TheGoodJoe, and Yara Yara are eagerly waiting for Moses' post-match fitness reports like this........

Time dey go....

..... Happy Sunday y'all smiley

I am not saying experiencw alone can get the job done. I am against that comment that "Experience talk should be kicked out".

I am an advocate of a blend of talent and experience.

I perfectly agree with ur stand on this matter but TheGoodJoe does nt want to hear the word "experience". He keeps mentioning best players, best players. What makes u better in life is it not experience. Is Iheanacho not better today than he was 2yrs ago?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:42am On Nov 06, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
I think he's a late bloomer..... That kid got monstrous talents on the inside. He just needs time and patience from the coaches there. He will come through.

I remember first knowing you as "Mrs Awoniyi".... Chaiii.. #memories smiley

He could be a late bloomer but i have never seen him as an 'A class' teenage striker. He does not belong to the class of Osimhen and Success. He is not as talented as these 2 strikers.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:56am On Nov 06, 2016
Icon4s:

He could be a late bloomer but i have never seen him as an 'A class' teenage striker. He does not belong to the class of Osimhen and Success. He is not as talented as these 2 strikers.
Not see him as A class teenage striker now does not stop him from becoming a super A class striker in d future coz technically d guy is okay though he might not be talented as success.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 9:03am On Nov 06, 2016
This new week will be a WEEK; US election, WC Qualifiers, U20 WC will start. What a week.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:14am On Nov 06, 2016
Icon4s:

I am not saying experiencw alone can get the job done. I am against that comment that "Experience talk should be kicked out".

I am an advocate of a blend of talent and experience.

I perfectly agree with ur stand on this matter but TheGoodJoe does nt want to hear the word "experience". He keeps mentioning best players, best players. What makes u better in life is not experience. Is Iheanacho not better today than he was 2yrs ago?

Iheanacho came out as a kid with exceptional brilliance. The Mexican coach says no way kids can control the ball like that. A thorough example goes to the last goal our brilliant U17 boys scored in their first game against Mexico. A Teenage Yahaya gave an impressive long cross from the left wing, to the right. Iheanacho used his thigh to bring the ball down smoothly and then gave an astonishing curling shot to the right corner of the goalkeeper.

My Elder brother said, "If you ever thought those three goals by Iheanacho were flukes, this answers your question."

When Iheanacho played against Kansas in the Preseason, my Elder brother came into the living room and joined to watch the game. He asked, who is that Brazilian boy playing for City, and I answered, it is Iheanacho. When Iheanacho scored that brilliant goal, my brother said, "He is even getting better."

That is the key, I am not saying there is no such thing as experience. However, the EXPERIENCE FACTOR is not the key. The key is, is he getting better?

Iheanacho got better as the years passed. So we should not say he is experience but better. If a new kid comes to play for Nigeria with unbelievable talents, we should not put Iheanacho on a higher pedestal because of the experience he has gained but compare if he is better.

As I said, the experience means nothing if a younger player outshines the experience one.

What matters is who is better. Not who is more experienced. It distorts the debate.

Is Ogu better than Mikel when it comes to controlling the midfield? I disagree. Mikel is a genius.

Is Wilfred Ndidi better at shielding the defence than Onazi? I disagree.

Can Onazi shield the defence and help the attack build-up plays than Ndidi? I totally disagree.

With this, that more experience, trial and tested does not impair the logical reasoning of the argument.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (16171) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Napoleon55(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.