Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,490 members, 7,850,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:49 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2951) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11866976 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2948) (2949) (2950) (2951) (2952) (2953) (2954) ... (16250) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:42am On Mar 05, 2018
AMR- attacking midfielder (right)

AMC- attacking midfielder (central)

AML- attacking midfielder (left)

Sir Metallic... Biko what is complex and false about this simple description now? undecided

Just say you have never heard of the terms. Not insisting that they do not exist when they actually do. I don try for you ooooo....

MetalJigsaw:
Even the way you describe the positions with a whooping three letters says alot about their complexity and falsification.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:42am On Mar 05, 2018
grin

safarigirl:
no talk too much

@metaljigsaw, wikipedia is run by everyday people. Anybody can go there and update whatever or post whatever they wish, so, it is not a credible site for a lot of people.

In fact, Supernerd can go to the site and update whatever you saw there to reflect his argument and you lose your reference. It is that easy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 12:45am On Mar 05, 2018
tbaba1234:

He appears to be a very good man-marker..
it seems so.. did a similar thing to neymar
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:48am On Mar 05, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
of course it is. Check Wikipedia and you see no three letters and no such, thing as CAM or AMR

So CAM too is complex and falsified o kwa ya? It doesn't exist too ba?

Nna eh... This is final bus-stop for me shaa

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:52am On Mar 05, 2018
safarigirl:
no talk too much

@metaljigsaw, wikipedia is run by everyday people. Anybody can go there and update whatever or post whatever they wish, so, it is not a credible site for a lot of people.

In fact, Supernerd can go to the site and update whatever you saw there to reflect his argument and you lose your reference. It is that easy
Indeed...

Wikipedia is hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation , a non-profit organization that also hosts a range of other projects.

Wikipedia.org
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:24am On Mar 05, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Indeed...

Wikipedia is hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation , a non-profit organization that also hosts a range of other projects.

Wikipedia.org
you know there is a difference between hosting and running.

Wikipedia is almost like Nairaland. Anybody can post anything here, but using NL as reference will not hold water anywhere because most posts on NL are sourced from elsewhere

Same thing happens on Wikipedia, lots of posts there have different sources, why do you think they post references in every article? They are not a source

Just Google how wikipedia works and you will understand better.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 5:34am On Mar 05, 2018
I guess Nerdy is trying to say RAM (right attacking midfielder) RAM or AMR na same thing. And yes there's a RAM cos EA sports FIFA games are replications of all formations and all possible footballing positions in real life scenarios. This is based on tactical researches that they perform every year.

MetalJigsaw:
Oga, you want to argue what you don't know?

RW is right wing and that's where Yahaya was placed. No such thing as AMR. Only AM which is attacking midfielder
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 5:35am On Mar 05, 2018
Enough lang and these arent the only countries with multiple languages or ethnic groups.
and there is no country without one form of prejudice against some part or set of people within that country.
India is more developed than Nigeria
Pakistan's issue is religious and the country was kinda big in the first place, carving out Pakistan not a biggie, USSR had its own share and up till now, some states in America are asking for independence.

Bottomline, if you have a unifying factor like some of these countries, you will have less of ethnic, religious and regional conflicts/segregation. (My point). Nigeria currently do not have what is generally accepted as a unifying factor.

safarigirl:
how many languages does India have?

India that still has a caste system, the darker you are, the lesser your opportunities in life.

There are over 300 languages in Nigeria. How can you compare?

Do you know that India and Pakistan were one a nation? Do you know what split them? Religion. The Pakistani side was Muslim and then there was Buddhist India. That was enough for a split

In Nigeria, we are divided upon lines of ethnicity, language and religion. Show me any nation as complex as ours in this world that has worked

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 5:36am On Mar 05, 2018
Some users here already answered you, they saved me from typing long sermon. you can make use of their response.
forgiveness:

What is US second language?

India is a very poor country and there's caste system which is worst than tribalism.

Han is the major tribe in China and they are 91% of the population.

It's like having Egun in a populated Yoruba state of Lagos.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 5:50am On Mar 05, 2018
Better oh, i am tired of seeing our attacking and midfield prospects being destroyed by their clubs. they did it to Mikel, doing it to Moses, now its getting to the young ones.

tbaba1234:
Finally, Musa Yahaya played as an AMR for Porto B

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 5:52am On Mar 05, 2018
A simple research would have revealed to you what i meant.
Na only you know the big mistake u dey see.

Don't we have a general language in Nigeria? (English)
forgiveness:

Oh! I see. But he is making a big mistake about that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 5:53am On Mar 05, 2018
Thank you jare for saving me from typing..
Mujtahida:

Even though India was partitioned and Pakistan was formed, India still has more than TWO THOUSAND ETHNIC GROUPS. As regards religion, India is also highly diversified because although Hinduism is one of the major religions, the Hindu pantheon contains more 330 million gods and goddesses with everyone having the liberty to choose which god or goddess to worship and serve. In fact one can choose different gods and goddesses for different aspects of one's life. Officially India has nine religions - Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Zoroastrianism, Jainism, Christianity, Judaism, Sikhism and Baha'i faith. In Nigeria just perhaps 500 ethnic groups, three official religions abi two sef Yet India is working at least better than Nigeria. Nigeria is not as complex as India.

Indonesia has 300 ethnic groups. Yet it works just fine. Very fine sef.

Our problem is not tribalism per se. It's a certain kind of retrogressive mentality cloaking itself as tribalism.
I just had to chip this in
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 5:55am On Mar 05, 2018
3rd world country ? i salute you o
safarigirl:
all third world countries. Some currently going through internal wars because of their ethnic and religious divisions

Wey the progress?

@oyb,

Thanks for the information.

Our problem is lack of vision and motto.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 5:56am On Mar 05, 2018
Apart from English and Spanish, what are the other languages spoken in the US in communities?
tbaba1234:

The US is surrounded by spanish speaking so ofcourse Spanish is popular. But if you have a community dominated by another language, that language assumes a more important status than Spanish.

There is bit of flexibility in that regard.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 5:57am On Mar 05, 2018
India is not poor, yes corrupt just like most nations in the world.

Alaska, California, Texas also want out from the United states, so?

forgiveness:

Indian is supressing for many Indians. Reason they want out.

Indian is very poor and corruption is the order of the day.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:09am On Mar 05, 2018
somehow:
Apart from English and Spanish, what are the other languages spoken in the US in communities?

In Dearborn Michigan for instance, there is a large Arab population. Arabs are the majority there. You will find that a lot of structures/businesses accomodate that fact.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:12am On Mar 05, 2018
Make una use FIFA or UEFA or CAF na
MetalJigsaw:
Sorry, Whoscored can not be the point of reference for its just a soccer website. Use Wikipedia
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:13am On Mar 05, 2018
You mean they speak Arabic to conduct business and official stuffs in Dearborn Michigan?
tbaba1234:

In Dearborn Michigan for instance, there is a large Arab population. Arabs are the majority there. You will find that a lot of structures/businesses accomodate that fact.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:16am On Mar 05, 2018
To compensate him for his services done for the nation and for all the qualifiers he played but if he's not fit to play football, he'll surely be dropped by the coach.

Azaziem can fit into a 3-5-2 formation since he can play LB and LCD comfortably.
tbaba1234:
Awaziem played Left back today and was outstanding. Best player for his team. One more player that can play left back.

Why are we still carrying Elderson?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:22am On Mar 05, 2018
somehow:
You mean they speak Arabic to conduct business and official stuffs in Dearborn Michigan?

There are no official languages. You can conduct business in any language you like but you are likely to see non-arab businesses that accomodate arab culture than spanish in dearborn Michigan for instance.

For legislative business, ofcourse English is used.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:22am On Mar 05, 2018
Off course, migrants will surely speak their own languages if they find someone who speak such, that doesn't mean they can operate in general with such language.

For administrative activities, United states of America recognizes just 2 languages (English and Spanish) but there are host of other languages spoken by immigrants.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-most-spoken-languages-in-america.html

tbaba1234:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:25am On Mar 05, 2018
somehow:
To compensate him for his services done for the nation and for all the qualifiers he played but if he's not fit to play football, he'll surely be dropped by the coach.

Azaziem can fit into a 3-5-2 formation since he can play LB and LCD comfortably.

In this context, that bolded word translates to sacrificing quality, integrity in the altar of mediocrity and deceit. It's shape in or u ship out. No sentiments
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:28am On Mar 05, 2018
Well i used that word to accommodate those who think Echiejile is no longer useful because of his current clubbing activities. We can only talk here sir but that won't change what the coach sees or plan to do. If he thinks Elderson is in his plans, nothing except injuries or total loss of form will stop him.

Best and quality players aren't really what all coaches want, rather people they believe can play to their plans and directives.

We have seen good players being dropped by various countries all over the world, so it has nothing to do with Nigeria or Rohr. it's a coaching thing.

Sharp knife is not always good for everything, sometimes you use a not so sharp knife depending on what you want to achieve with it .
ChrisKels:

If this context, that bolded word translates to sacrificing quality, integrity in the altar of mediocrity and deceit. It's shape in or u ship out. No sentiments
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:29am On Mar 05, 2018
I get you now.
tbaba1234:

There are no official languages. You can conduct business in any language you like but you are likely to see non-arab businesses that accomodate arab culture than spanish in dearborn Michigan for instance.

For legislative business, ofcourse English is used.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:29am On Mar 05, 2018
safarigirl:
you know there is a difference between hosting and running.

Wikipedia is almost like Nairaland. Anybody can post anything here, but using NL as reference will not hold water anywhere because most posts on NL are sourced from elsewhere

Same thing happens on Wikipedia, lots of posts there have different sources, why do you think they post references in every article? They are not a source

Just Google how wikipedia works and you will understand better.
The fact that Wiki is being written collaboratively all over the globe does not necessarily mean it can be equivalenced to sites like Nairaland or what have you. They are categorically far apart as a matter of fact.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:32am On Mar 05, 2018
Sir, Wiki is not a source for accurate facts or truth. its not different from nairaland where anyone can put anything. it's an open source site.

MetalJigsaw:
The fact that Wiki is being written collaboratively does nit necessarily mean it can be equivalenced by sites like Nairaland or what have you. They are categorically far apart.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:33am On Mar 05, 2018
somehow:
Off course, migrants will surely speak their own languages if they find someone who speak such, that doesn't mean they can operate in general with such language.

For administrative activities, United states of America recognizes just 2 languages (English and Spanish) but there are host of other languages spoken by immigrants.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-most-spoken-languages-in-america.html

We are saying two different things. Let me summarize what i have said

1. There is no official language,

2. Spanish is an important language because of the closeness of the US to Latino neighbors. Several states have large spanish speaking populations

3. Naturally, Spanish is less important in areas with larger populations of other immigrants.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:34am On Mar 05, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
The fact that Wiki is being written collaboratively all over the globe does not necessarily mean it can be equivalenced to sites like Nairaland or what have you. They are categorically far apart as a matter of fact.

Wikipedia is not an authoritative source. I can go to Wikipedia and write stuff that i have no idea about.Someone else will take it as reference.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:44am On Mar 05, 2018
somehow:
Sir, Wiki is not a source for accurate facts or truth. its not different from nairaland where anyone can put anything. it's an open source site.

I know... my point is driven from the initial discussion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:50am On Mar 05, 2018
tbaba1234:

Wikipedia is not an authoritative source. I can go to Wikipedia and write stuff that i have no idea about.Someone else will take it as reference.
My point is driven from the initial discussion.

Even FIFa.com justifies my stance about the football player positions.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:53am On Mar 05, 2018
somehow:
Make una use FIFA or UEFA or CAF na
Even FIFA doest not recognise any position like AMR or CAM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:54am On Mar 05, 2018
somehow:
A simple research would have revealed to you what i meant.
Na only you know the big mistake u dey see.

Don't we have a general language in Nigeria? (English)

Spanish is not a general language in US though we have a lot of Mexicans speaking it there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2948) (2949) (2950) (2951) (2952) (2953) (2954) ... (16250) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, foxman04, Kingjite1 and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.