Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,699 members, 7,851,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:17 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2952) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11871904 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2949) (2950) (2951) (2952) (2953) (2954) (2955) ... (16251) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:54am On Mar 05, 2018
Yes no "official" language, that doesn't mean you will find any government or administrative officials speaking any other language to address the press apart from English or in few cases Spanish.

Spanish is not just important but part of their curriculum, it's also a language they include in official documents.

Only 2 languages are used on official documents in the US, ENGLISH and SPANISH.

Every other languages are spoken unofficially or lets say informally.
tbaba1234:

We are saying two different things. Let me summarize what i have said

1. There is no official language,

2. Spanish is an important language because of the closeness of the US to Latino neighbors. Several states have large spanish speaking populations

3. Naturally, Spanish is less important in areas with larger populations of other immigrants.

Nationally, no official language.
but on state level, 31 states have English as their official language with like 6 more states planning to come on board.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:57am On Mar 05, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
AMR- attacking midfielder (right)

AMC- attacking midfielder (central)

AML- attacking midfielder (left)

Sir Metallic... Biko what is complex and false about this simple description now? undecided

Just say you have never heard of the terms. Not insisting that they do not exist when they actually do. I don try for you ooooo....

There's nothing such as AMC or AML in football. They are inappropriate. And no three letters except RWB and LWB (right wing back and left wing back).
LCB and RCB.

These are all the availably possible positions in football.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football_positions
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:57am On Mar 05, 2018
Say what? grin grin grin

Most official documents in the US contain both English and Spanish languages. enough said, do your research.

It's not just Mexicans, [b]North [/b]America is filled with alot of Spanish speaking people/countries. There are more Spanish speaking countries than English in North America (Not saying Spanish speakers are more in population.
forgiveness:

Spanish is not a general language in US though we have a lot of Mexicans speaking it there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:14am On Mar 05, 2018
somehow:
Yes no "official" language, that doesn't mean you will find any government or administrative officials speaking any other language to address the press apart from English or in few cases Spanish.

Spanish is not just important but part of their curriculum, it's also a language they include in official documents.

Only 2 languages are used on official documents in the US, ENGLISH and SPANISH.

Every other languages are spoken unofficially or lets say informally.

There are only a handful of activities that allow for legally using languages other than English. These are the areas covered by law:

1. Immigration procedures: This includes all languages as people come from all over the world
2. Court trial: When a defendant does not speak English
3. Voting: In areas where speakers of other languages are large, you have bilingual ballot boxes.. So If the population is mainly Arabic, you will have ballot boxes in that language
4. Migrant Health.

Spanish is the most spoken Language so you are likely to see it in many documents. It does not make it the only Language that can be used.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 7:19am On Mar 05, 2018
So Timothy weah..d son of the Liberian president George Weah plays for USA... If na Nigeria now we for Don fire d full family with our acid tongues grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:22am On Mar 05, 2018
Lucque:
So Timothy weah..d son of the Liberian president George Weah plays for USA... If na Nigeria now we for Don fire d full family with our acid tongues grin grin

Well, Liberia is not a big football nation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:33am On Mar 05, 2018
Teams will be allowed to make a fourth substitution during extra time in the WC.

What do you guys think about this?

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eligreat247: 7:34am On Mar 05, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
This is my prefared World Cup list. And I'm sure that the actual one that will be released by Rohr won't be very defferent from it.

GOALKEEPERS: (in no particular order because its the only department that is very much up for ravish by any personnel. About Akpeyi, I still believe he will make the cut but not as first choice because of his exploits at club level. And he will likely get over his psychological issues and lack roof confidence wearing the green jersey)
Ezenwa, Uzoho, Akpeyi.

DEFENDERS: Ekong. Balogun. Awaziem. Shehu. Aina. Idowu. Omeruo. Ebuehi

MIDFIELDERs: Mikel. Ogu. Ndidi. Etebo. Onazi. Joel

FORWARDS: Iheanacho. Moses. Ighalo. S.Moses. Iwobi. Musa

I totally unassumed Joel Obi's injury concerns which earned him the inclusion, with his undisputed quality and how much potency that he brings to our midfield.

Onyekuru Is another talent worth mentioning but his present injury issue which could affect his impressive form and jeopardize his World Cup chances, coupled with his inability to impress Rohr when he was called upon ruled him out for me.

This is the most likely squad we gonna take to Russia. To be candid this list is about 85% to 90% sure all things being equal...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:05am On Mar 05, 2018
He played for USA at the last U-17 world cup (2017) and even scored a hat trick I think in one of the games.
And Liberia is not so big on football shaa... So uhmmm... Well... But that doesn't mean a couple of Liberians won't be grumbling. Lol...

Lucque:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:54am On Mar 05, 2018
What is Nigeria's strongest position?.

Goalkeeper

Defence

Midfield

Attack

I vote Defence.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 9:06am On Mar 05, 2018
tbaba1234:

Goalkeeper

Defence

Midfield

Attack

I vote Defence.

The Midfield wins it for me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:19am On Mar 05, 2018
Eligreat247:

This is the most likely squad we gonna take to Russia. To be candid this list is about 85% to 90% sure all things being equal...
Yeah, especially the defence and attack.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 10:11am On Mar 05, 2018
The Messi freekick against Atletico last night reminded me of Iheanachos' free-kick against Argentina. If Iheanacho works on it personally we could have a Jay Jay kind of freekick marshall

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 10:28am On Mar 05, 2018
somehow:
Well i used that word to accommodate those who think Echiejile is no longer useful because of his current clubbing activities. We can only talk here sir but that won't change what the coach sees or plan to do. If he thinks Elderson is in his plans, nothing except injuries or total loss of form will stop him.

Best and quality players aren't really what all coaches want, rather people they believe can play to their plans and directives.

We have seen good players being dropped by various countries all over the world, so it has nothing to do with Nigeria or Rohr. it's a coaching thing.

Sharp knife is not always good for everything, sometimes you use a not so sharp knife depending on what you want to achieve with it .
Trash

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:32am On Mar 05, 2018
tbaba1234:
Teams will be allowed to make a fourth substitution during extra time in the WC.

I posted about this yesterday.... Its a good development surely.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 10:38am On Mar 05, 2018
tbaba1234:

Goalkeeper

Defence

Midfield

Attack

I vote Defence.
Honestly Nigerian Team even without much super stars seem to be a balanced one. It's a hard call, but i give it to the attack due to their pace.. Nigerian attack on a good day can run down any team. I'm not exaggerating!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:50am On Mar 05, 2018
Not everyone can make sense outta my opinion na.
DrKlever:
Trash
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:52am On Mar 05, 2018
Please how does what you typed here contradict what you quoted sir?
tbaba1234:

There are only a handful of activities that allow for legally using languages other than English. These are the areas covered by law:

1. Immigration procedures: This includes all languages as people come from all over the world
2. Court trial: When a defendant does not speak English
3. Voting: In areas where speakers of other languages are large, you have bilingual ballot boxes.. So If the population is mainly Arabic, you will have ballot boxes in that language
4. Migrant Health.

Spanish is the most spoken Language so you are likely to see it in many documents. It does not make it the only Language that can be used.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 10:52am On Mar 05, 2018
ChrisKels:

I actually thought I was alone on this. I don't see why that guy shouldn't be playing in the he championship. He is so poor. I would pick Omeruo ahead of him seriously
that guy can't trap ball one time. How chelsea spend that much on him despite having better players baffles me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:53am On Mar 05, 2018
Yes, the world governing body doesn't recognize all these amr, pdc, qqr.
MetalJigsaw:
Even FIFA doest not recognise any position like AMR or CAM

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:54am On Mar 05, 2018
A very good development.
tbaba1234:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 10:55am On Mar 05, 2018
lexyman:

i will not be surprised if Moses plays the Chelsea position in the Super Eagles
why?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 10:57am On Mar 05, 2018
Lucque:
Have you seen Liberia flag cheesy
The country virtually is US remote state grin
Well good for him and mind you we have many Nigerians playing for other countries too

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 11:15am On Mar 05, 2018
AIG07:
why?

Moses is becoming goal shy of late , he has lost bite in that kind of threat he used to possessed when he get to the goal post . I
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:18am On Mar 05, 2018
lexyman:

Moses is becoming goal shy of late , he has lost bite in that kind of threat he used to possessed when he get to the goal post . I

He's gradually going into d same fate Mikel went thru also

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:35am On Mar 05, 2018
oloriooko:

Have you seen Liberia flag cheesy
The country virtually is US remote state grin
Well good for him and mind you we have many Nigerians playing for other countries too

Original Liberians were former slaves who returned from America hence the similarities in flags. Also the boy is the president's son, he should play senior football for Liberia.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 11:38am On Mar 05, 2018
tbaba1234:

Goalkeeper

Defence

Midfield

Attack

I vote Defence.
Midfield

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 11:45am On Mar 05, 2018
lexyman:

I hate Chelsea with passion since they started becoming the enemy of Nigeria.

Always destroying our players, turning them to something else.

First was Mikel, now Moses. Why?

Why would a nice winger like Moses be turned to a defender that can't even aim at goal?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 11:45am On Mar 05, 2018
safarigirl:
see, everything is discussed here. When tbaba had a baby, why didn't you say the family section exists?

We did not get to over 2k pages by discussing only football, shey you know?

Anything that comes up in the process of discussion can pass as long as it doesn't extend past that one day.

We're like a family here, if someone needs
money or even a job, we have gotten to the point where they can even come here and ask....that is how far we have come and we won't send him to job section.

Football may be what brought us together, but we are not limited to it.

Yen yen.....
Good day ladies and gents
Am in need of a job.
A graduate of electrical/electronics engineering.
My employer or benefactor might be here. God bless y’all

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:23pm On Mar 05, 2018
somehow:
Please how does what you typed here contradict what you quoted sir?

Meaning Spanish is not some official administrative language. It is used for convenience and ease.

The legal requirement for using other than English are very few.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 1:16pm On Mar 05, 2018
On Awaziem against Marseille

Positives- He was vertile, a natural central defender but can play left back or right back
He was a good header of a ball,good in heading- in set-pieces
A solid man-marker...took out Thauvin except for that last gasp goal...my o my...96th minutes..heatbreaking
A decent tackler. Tackles,clearances and duels were done with finesse[ compare with Taribo West aka mongaru tutti]
He uses both feet,but majorly the right.
Negative- He did not bomb forward,didnt initiate any counter attack except for one, once,he desperately kick out a ball...for a doomed counter
attack by Nantes
The goal Marseille scored ,though he deflected the ball for a corner, as a left back he should have stayed put at that left
goalpost[during
corners,left and right backs stay at their respective goalpost and goal line]Awaziem did not do this. Though there two other
defenders with him there,it was his duty to remain and kick out any goal bound shot.

Above all,we have an elegant centre back to last a decade!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 05, 2018
Reading on Owngoal that Junior Ajayi of Al ahly has been. Invited for this months friendlies. Rohr is not a biased coach at all. Kudos.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2949) (2950) (2951) (2952) (2953) (2954) (2955) ... (16251) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.