Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2954) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11750652 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2951) (2952) (2953) (2954) (2955) (2956) (2957) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:47pm On Mar 05, 2018
And who is not an Immigrant in America? grin grin grin grin, Except you're an American Indian, you're an immigrant grin
forgiveness:

Spanish speakers are immigrants.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 7:28pm On Mar 05, 2018
Happy Birthday to PA Onigbinde as he clock 80yrs ...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:35pm On Mar 05, 2018
tbaba1234:
Moses Odubajo back training after 19 months out.

This is a very great news. I av always wanted the best for this guy. Dude already said he wants to represent Nigeria. He was very good before the unfortunate injuries and its relapses. Come next season in the championship, dude will be taking his place as Aina must av been long gone and playing probably in the EPL (I envisage South Ampton). Hopefully, Hull doesn't get relegated to league1 this season.

Post the world cup, the right back position will be about the most competitive position in the Super Eagles.

Ebuehi, Aina, Shehu, Nura, Odubajo

On the fringes (prospectives) ; Ehizibue, Egbo et al
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
We have so many young players.. Post world cup will be hot. Watch out for Etebo today vs Celta Vigo. We ask Heaven to give us a good coach...or Rohr continues to do well..when i look back at all junk Keshi took to the world cup. I shudder.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:53pm On Mar 05, 2018
Bia stop being so modest about Moses Odubajo biko. He is actually a top-rated fullback who for me is premier league quality. His quality is above Championshio quality. Very very very good player. He is the one we were rooting for to come solve our right back issues before the rise of Shehu and now Ebuehi.

He is still very much welcome to our team. We need the bad-ass super quality competition. wink

forgiveness:

He is a very good player. Hope he keeps fit. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:57pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ahly Star Ajayi Gets Super Eagles Call-Up For Poland, Serbia Friendlies
By Johnny Edward

Al Ahly’s Junior Ajayi has been handed a debut invitation to the Super Eagles squad for the upcoming friendlies against Poland
and Serbia later this month, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Gernot Rohr’s men face Poland on the 23rd of March in Warsaw, Poland before taking on Serbia four days later at the Hive Stadium in England.

Ajayi has been in great for Al Ahly this season, scoring eight goals and assisting nine in 23 games for the Red Devils who are closing in on a 40th Egyptian Premier League title.

“Junior’s invitation to the Super Eagles will be a great addition, he has been doing well with his team and let’s see if he can translate that to the senior national team,” a top Nigeria Football Federation source revealed to CSN.

The former 36 Lion Shooting Stars Sports Club and CS Sfaxien winger was part of Nigeria’s Olympic team that won bronze at the Rio 2016 Olympics in Brazil.
Ajayi has won the Egyptian Premier League title, Egyptian Cup and Super Sup since joining Al Ahly. He also led the team to a silver medal in the 2016/17 CAF Champions League.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/ahly-star-ajayi-gets-super-eagles-call-up-for-poland-serbia-friendlies/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 100 days 20 hours 2 mins to go

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 7:59pm On Mar 05, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Super Eagles Keeper Uzoho Concedes Twice As Deportivo Fabril Lose

Nigerian goalkeeper Francis Uzoho conceded two second-half goals in action for Real Deportivo Fabril who lost 2-0 away to CF Talavera de al Reina in Sunday’s Segunda Division B league game, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Uzoho was beaten from the penalty spot by Jorge Fernandez in the 62nd minute before Christian Fernandez sealed the win two minutes from time for Talareva to deny the 19-year-old Super Eagles goalkeeper his 11th clean sheet of the season.

The loss was the 14th of the season for Real Deportivo Fabril in the third division in Spain.

Uzoho has now been beaten 11 times in 16 league games this season and he has kept 10 clean sheets.

The former Golden Eaglets keeper is currently being monitored by Nigerian goalkeeper trainer Enrico Pionetti in Spain.

Barring any injury worries Uzoho will be included in Nigeria’s squad for the pre-World Cup friendlies against Poland and Serbia later this month.

Real Deportivo Fabril are now fourth in the table with 47 points from 28 games.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/super-eagles-keeper-uzoho-concedes-twice-deportivo-fabril-lose/

grin

Sigh....... all is well!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:18pm On Mar 05, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

Sigh....... all is well!

The goals were not his fault.

One was a penalty, the other, the striker was one on one with him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 8:21pm On Mar 05, 2018
tbaba1234:

The goals were not his fault.

One was a penalty, the other, the striker was one on one with him

That's actually not the Problem, but the Stats I highlighted coz it seems confusing. Out of 16 Games, he kept 10 Clean Sheets but conceded 11 Times in how many Games...... 6 Games?!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:54pm On Mar 05, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Bia stop being so modest about Moses Odubajo biko. He is actually a top-rated fullback who for me is premier league quality. His quality is above Championshio quality. Very very very good player. He is the one we were rooting for to come solve our right back issues before the rise of Shehu and now Ebuehi.

He is still very much welcome to our team. We need the bad-ass super quality competition. wink

Almost 2 years out, it will take some time for him to get back to the level he was before. The truth is that he might never get there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:06pm On Mar 05, 2018
It is true he has been out for too long but his class and talents cannot be denied. What he needs do now is to get down to business and start working his way back into top form, keen fitness levels and the right physical conditioning. I know it is a whole lotta work but with his talents, I wanna bet on him trying his best. Let's give it time. He is not gonna be called in just yet into our Super Eagles. He must utilise his comeback to get back into top gear and I believe he can do that.

Yes, there are chances he may never get back to his best level preceding the injury but at least, we can take solace in some others who bounced back from a long lay-off to still play good/brilliant football before their time was up.
Let us just believe with him shaa.... his comeback is a welcome development but much more work needs be done no doubt to get him back to top level.

tbaba1234:

Almost 2 years out, it will take some time for him to get back to the level he was before. The truth is that he might never get there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:57pm On Mar 05, 2018
If the exploit of Junior Lokosa in the 2018 NPFL season is a fluke then, it has been 11 weeks of flukes. The Kano Pillar forward has gotten to the back of the net ten times in eleven NPFL games thus positioning his team temporarily at the top of the table.
Not much is known about his age but one thing is certain, he has an ability to deliver in front of goal. The possibilities are endless for Lokosa if he can manage to show consistency till the end of the season.
Now with the current form and statistics, he may as well end this season with about 30 goals in the NPFL and well close to 35 goals in all competition this season.
His technical ability is somehow in question as he did not make it to the CHAN tournament and for obvious reasons may not also make it to the world cup.

http://www.hemmssport.com/2018/03/junior-lokosa-possible-record-for-kano.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:00pm On Mar 05, 2018
somehow:
If the exploit of Junior Lokosa in the 2018 NPFL season is a fluke then, it has been 11 weeks of flukes. The Kano Pillar forward has gotten to the back of the net ten times in eleven NPFL games thus positioning his team temporarily at the top of the table.
Not much is known about his age but one thing is certain, he has an ability to deliver in front of goal. The possibilities are endless for Lokosa if he can manage to show consistency till the end of the season.
Now with the current form and statistics, he may as well end this season with about 30 goals in the NPFL and well close to 35 goals in all competition this season.
His technical ability is somehow in question as he did not make it to the CHAN tournament and for obvious reasons may not also make it to the world cup.

http://www.hemmssport.com/2018/03/junior-lokosa-possible-record-for-kano.html?m=1

Stephen Odey is struggling to get goals in Switzerland.

Do not read too much into scoring in that league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 10:15pm On Mar 05, 2018
Etebo with an assist
Currently they lead Celta Vigo away

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eazyjakes(m): 10:16pm On Mar 05, 2018
Etebo with a beautiful assist.....dude is putting in another great shift today!

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bishop88: 10:21pm On Mar 05, 2018
Etabo with an assist,good one

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 10:28pm On Mar 05, 2018
Etebo balling asusual

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 10:29pm On Mar 05, 2018
Etebo has sealed his Russia ticket

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:29pm On Mar 05, 2018
The same league that produced strikers including Ahmed Musa that painted Russia and Europe green with goals?

That Odey is struggling after shining a bit in Switzerland means others shouldn't be given their own honor when due?

tbaba1234:

Stephen Odey is struggling to get goals in Switzerland.

Do not read too much into scoring in that league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:34pm On Mar 05, 2018
somehow:
The same league that produced strikers including Ahmed Musa that painted Russia and Europe green with goals?

That Odey is struggling after shining a bit in Switzerland means others shouldn't be given their own honor when due?

Wait for players to prove themselves elsewhere. Do not overhype them. I remember how Odey was hyped.

The vast majority of NPFL scorers do not prove themselves in a higher level.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 05, 2018
isan:
Etebo balling asusual

I saw the assist(replay) It was beautiful. I started watching from the 75th min. The ball seemed to be running away from Etebo. I didn’t see him make contact with the ball though he was running up and down the field as usual.

The match is like Police team vs Barrack boys fc. They just wouldn’t let the ball settle on the field before sending it up in the air again.

It was bad to watch. The stand out guy was one ugly black boy for Celta Vigo that look like Taye Taiwo’s uncle.

Etebo should be happy to have done well against Barca. If I was Rohr watching him for the first time, I’ll blacklist him. Dude was running upandan like a gala seller in a busy ojuelegba traffic.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 05, 2018
nelszx:
Etebo with an assist
Currently they lead Celta Vigo away

Not anymore. Celta blasted a wicked goal from Las Palmas horrible defending.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eazyjakes(m): 10:57pm On Mar 05, 2018
gbosaa:

Not anymore. Celta blasted a wicked goal from Las Palmas horrible defending.

The goals dey conceeded were more of goalkeeper’s (chichizola) error dan poor defending....it typifies how a keeper’s error can soil d good work of a team!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eazyjakes(m): 11:02pm On Mar 05, 2018
gbosaa:

I saw the assist(replay) It was beautiful. I started watching from the 75th min. The ball seemed to be running away from Etebo. I didn’t see him make contact with the ball though he was running up and down the field as usual.

The match is like Police team vs Barrack boys fc. They just wouldn’t let the ball settle on the field before sending it up in the air again.

It was bad to watch. The stand out guy was one ugly black boy for Celta Vigo that look like Taye Taiwo’s uncle.

Etebo should be happy to have done well against Barca. If I was Rohr watching him for the first time, I’ll blacklist him. Dude was running upandan like a gala seller in a busy ojuelegba traffic.

Smiles.....u saw d game kinda late.....games at dat stage can become drab especially with teams scrapping for points for survival....Las Palmas played an high press from d begining as celta tend to build dia attack from d defence....it was a test of physical n mental fitness as it was an high tempo game....it wasnt as bad as u descibed it n witout any exagerration,dat etebo dude has loads of energy to burn with a great footballing sense to go wit it!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 11:21pm On Mar 05, 2018
gbosaa:

What is this man saying? i saw the full game and Etebor put up a great shift as usual. getting to 80mins, the match was already beyond everyones reach and save for the goalkeeping error it would have been a draw. How could you watch a match from 75mins and draw conclusions like that. which kain person you be self. lol

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 11:51pm On Mar 05, 2018
Who's over hyping who here? For someone to score 11 goals in 10 matches, so he shouldn't be talked about? You sound like NPFL is a league where easy goals are scored.

For your information, we have never had anyone score up to 25-30 goals in a season in the NPFL , that's to show you how difficult it is scoring goals in this league.

So he doesn't have to go to Costa Rica to prove to anyhow he scored 11 goals in 10 games. Hopefully Kano pillars will keep him for next season so that he can repeat the feat again because I believe he will score more.

If Odey likes, let him score whenever he is, it has nothing to do with this young man, their destinies aren't tied together.

Switzerland is now a higher level goal wise? Switzerland that goals dey fly up and down? You make it sound like Odey is the only NPFL player to leave for Europe, that he's even scoring much now doesn't mean he's a bad striker, some players aren't that fast in adapting to newer environment.

Let's cut Nigerian players from the NPFL some slacks meen!

Hian!
tbaba1234:

Wait for players to prove themselves elsewhere. Do not overhype them. I remember how Odey was hyped.

The vast majority of NPFL scorers do not prove themselves in a higher level.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:09am On Mar 06, 2018
somehow:
Who's over hyping who here? For someone to score 11 goals in 10 matches, so he shouldn't be talked about? You sound like NPFL is a league where easy goals are scored.

For your information, we have never had anyone score up to 25-30 goals in a season in the NPFL , that's to show you how difficult it is scoring goals in this league.

So he doesn't have to go to Costa Rica to prove to anyhow he scored 11 goals in 10 games. Hopefully Kano pillars will keep him for next season so that he can repeat the feat again because I believe he will score more.

If Odey likes, let him score whenever he is, it has nothing to do with this young man, their destinies aren't tied together.

Switzerland is now a higher level goal wise? Switzerland that goals dey fly up and down? You make it sound like Odey is the only NPFL player to leave for Europe, that he's even scoring much now doesn't mean he's a bad striker, some players aren't that fast in adapting to newer environment.

Hian!

I have read online comments suggesting that Rohr calls him up.

That is what i mean by hype. It does not mean he will not become a great player in the future but we should wait for that to happen first. Let him show himself at a higher level.

The NPFL is not a high quality league. And yes the swiss league that you describe is of higher quality comparatively.

It is not the players fault that the league quality is low.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bengine: 12:10am On Mar 06, 2018
somehow:

Hian!

Bros the quality of football sucks in NPFL!! How do you want to score 25goals and beyond in the league with little quality coaching, no proper set plays on how manage and execute games..

Stop hyping players from NPFL, their level of football education is at best level of primary school kids...they just have the raw physicality/speed and that's just about it...

Most of our players when they go abroad have to be re-educated on how to play the game..so abeg until npfl understands football has gone past kicking the ball around to a well controlled and executed set plays in diff part of the pitch..

HAVE YOU EVER ASK YOURSELF WHY FOREIGN BASED PLAYERS SEEM TO HAVE MORE QUALITY THAN HOMEBASE??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 12:18am On Mar 06, 2018
Sorry u are not rohr so u cannot blacklist him is like etebo is blocking your favourite player from making it to Russia abi ? ;Dnow go back and watch the full 90 minute
gbosaa:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:35am On Mar 06, 2018
somehow:
And who is not an Immigrant in America? grin grin grin grin, Except you're an American Indian, you're an immigrant grin

Who doesn't know the British developed US.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:39am On Mar 06, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

I know but many water don pass under bridge. grin

Ebuehi, Idowu and Aina are the new kids in town. grin

Coming to the fold wouldn't be easy. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 12:45am On Mar 06, 2018
bengine:

Bros the quality of football sucks in NPFL!! How do you want to score 25goals and beyond in the league with little quality coaching, no proper set plays on how manage and execute games..

Stop hyping players from NPFL, their level of football education is at best level of primary school kids...they just have the raw physicality/speed and that's just about it...

Most of our players when they go abroad have to be re-educated on how to play the game..so abeg until npfl understands football has gone past kicking the ball around to a well controlled and executed set plays in diff part of the pitch..

HAVE YOU EVER ASK YOURSELF WHY FOREIGN BASED PLAYERS SEEM TO HAVE MORE QUALITY THAN HOMEBASE??

The same league won CCL back to back

Some of its clubs got to quarter finals of CCL and semi finals in recent times.

Some of the players go to foreign clubs to become stars there.

You can bereat the league whichever way you like but it won't add or improve it a dime. If you so much hate what is going on in the league, why not step in to correct it?

Shehu Diko and Irabor didn't sit somewhere far away berating the league, they came and contributed their quota, they don't have 2 heads, you can also come and change the league to eldorado overnight.
We are waiting.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2951) (2952) (2953) (2954) (2955) (2956) (2957) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.