Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,487 members, 7,850,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:13 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2956) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11866776 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2953) (2954) (2955) (2956) (2957) (2958) (2959) ... (16250) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 11:32am On Mar 06, 2018
Well its about what the coach wants or who did he consult before bringing in some of the names we have in the team especially the GK department? He picks what he believes he needs to work. If NFF is not picking for him, then no one else can.
MetalJigsaw:
What are you saying.? is it about what the coach wants or what the team needs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:58am On Mar 06, 2018
somehow:
Well its about what the coach wants or who did he consult before bringing in some of the names we have in the team especially the GK department? He picks what he believes he needs to work. If NFF is not picking for him, then no one else can.
my point is Echiejille has nothing more to ooffer the team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:05pm On Mar 06, 2018
Well done House.... keep taking in point, off point and beyond... page 3000 must he reached before March 23rd... But just make sure say na me get the honor of opening up Page 3000 ooooo.... iffa catch anybody else ehn... I will do what I did in 1958 angry

Pinnick Reveals How NFF, Rohr Twisted Leicester City's Arm To Play Iheanacho

Amaju Pinnick has revealed that the Nigeria Football Federation and manager Gernot Rohr have a hand in Kelechi Iheaancho's recent change of fortune at Leicester City.

It would be recalled that the Foxes number eight saw his first-team opportunities limited in the Premier League in the first half of the season, failing to play a single game November 24, 2017 to January 20, 2018 and missing 12 games in total.

Iheanacho is now back in favour at the King Power Stadium outfit, and has figured in their last five Premier League matches, mostly as an impact substitute.

''Everybody that is selected eventually will have 100 percent merit. We are not going to say you are not playing. If you look at what is going on now, you will see that some of our boys are playing,'' Pinnick told network8tv.com.

''Iheanahco is playing now. There are lot of things that we did that people do not understand, talking to their coaches, talking to their backroom staff, making them understand the reason.

''If you don't play them we move them or we don't invite them. There are lot of things that we do that most Federations don't do.''

It is believed that Iheanacho's Leicester City teammate Ahmed Musa had to be shipped out on loan to Russian Premier League team CSKA Moscow in January after the Nigerian Federation did not get assurances from manager Claude Puel that the striker will be utilized.

**Igho Kingsley

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26834

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 100 days 3 hours 53 mins to go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:06pm On Mar 06, 2018
somehow:
If its just aboutehat th coach wants the team wouldnt have made it to Russia
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:12pm On Mar 06, 2018
Wait ooooo, so Sokari too na Nigerian Iniesta? hian! these Nigerian sports media houses ehn.... na wa ooo

Gernot Rohr Snubs Nigerian Iniesta For Poland, Serbia Friendlies

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has not handed an invitation to CS Sfaxien midfielder Kingsley Sokari, dubbed the Nigerian Iniesta, for the pre-World Cup friendlies against Poland and Serbia.

Tunisian outlet Gnet earlier claimed that the playmaker will definitely be summoned by the Nigeria Football Federation for the friendlies which has not happened.

It is understood that Sokari is not in contact with Rohr and Nigerian Federation officials regarding a recall to the Super Eagles as at Tuesday, March 6.

And bearing it in mind that it would take up to three weeks for the former Enyimba man to process visa applications to Poland and England, it is safe to say that he is not in the plans of the Super Eagles coaches for both games.

A product of Port Harcourt City Academy, Sokari starred for the Flying Eagles at the 2015 Fifa U20 World Cup and was on target from 25 yards out in their 4-0 win against Korea DPR .

He has full caps for the Super Eagles but has not been invited to the national team since the appointment of Gernot Rohr.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26835

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 100 days 3 hours 47 mins to go

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 12:19pm On Mar 06, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Wait ooooo, so Sokari too na Nigerian Iniesta? hian! these Nigerian sports media houses ehn.... na wa ooo

Gernot Rohr Snubs Nigerian Iniesta For Poland, Serbia Friendlies

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has not handed an invitation to CS Sfaxien midfielder Kingsley Sokari, dubbed the Nigerian Iniesta, for the pre-World Cup friendlies against Poland and Serbia.

Tunisian outlet Gnet earlier claimed that the playmaker will definitely be summoned by the Nigeria Football Federation for the friendlies which has not happened.

It is understood that Sokari is not in contact with Rohr and Nigerian Federation officials regarding a recall to the Super Eagles as at Tuesday, March 6.

And bearing it in mind that it would take up to three weeks for the former Enyimba man to process visa applications to Poland and England, it is safe to say that he is not in the plans of the Super Eagles coaches for both games.

A product of Port Harcourt City Academy, Sokari starred for the Flying Eagles at the 2015 Fifa U20 World Cup and was on target from 25 yards out in their 4-0 win against Korea DPR .

He has full caps for the Super Eagles but has not been invited to the national team since the appointment of Gernot Rohr.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26835

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 100 days 3 hours 47 mins to go

lol nigerian iniesta indeed

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:19pm On Mar 06, 2018
Taiwo Awoniyi Names His Favourite Liverpool Player, Cites Poland Captain As Role Model

Taiwo Awoniyi has picked Brazil international Roberto Firmino as his favourite player at Liverpool and admitted that he idolizes Poland captain, Bayern Munich striker
Robert Lewandowski.

Despite not playing a single first-team game for Liverpool due to work permit issues, the Nigeria U23 striker remains in the plans of the Anfield side, and it is claimed that they will loan him to a club competing in the Europa League next season.

''I watch a lot of Premier League and Champions League in Belgium.And I always watch the strikers, whoever they are,'' Awoniyi said to Liverpool Echo.

''Whether it’s Firmino, Lewandowski, whoever. I watch the movement, the runs they make, and see what I can learn from them and what I can add.''

Awoniyi added : ''At the moment Firmino is my favourite player. He does things unbelievably well, and I think he should be rated even higher.

''As a young player, when I see him playing I cannot stop watching. What he does, he makes life easy for those around him, Mane, Salah and everybody. He always plays for the team.''

The 20-year-old Awoniyi, who previously enjoyed loan spells at FSV Frankfurt and NEC Nijmegen, has impressed at Belgian side Royal Excel Mouscron this term, scoring 8 goals ( 6 assists) in 29 appearances across all competitions.

**Igho Kingsley

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26836

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 100 days 3 hours 40 mins to go

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:25pm On Mar 06, 2018
Kog45:
Boss you are too harsh on Odey and jus cos he was ex NPFL player,nothing more.

I.know you will not say the samething on player like Osimhen.

I hold nothing personal against any player.

I have said here several times that Osimhen is not ready for national team. It is the same thing that i am saying about Odey.

My issue has nothing to do with Odey as a player but the fact that he was overhyped. He might become a sensational player.

https://www.nairaland.com/3018619/super-eagles-thread-russia-2018/1250#59170330

https://www.nairaland.com/3018619/super-eagles-thread-russia-2018/1751#61264561
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:27pm On Mar 06, 2018
Hull City Coach, Adkins: Odubajo Back In Traing, But No Time Frame To Play Match

Hull City manager, Nigel Adkins, has refused to put a time frame for Nigerian born right-back, Moses Odubajo, to resume playing match after the 24 year old returned to the Tigers’ first team in training on Monday following an injury setback .
Odubajo joined the English Championship side in training for the first time in 18 months after fully recovering from anterior cruciate knee injury.

He copped the injury in a pre-season friendly against Grimsby Town in 2016 and has not featured since then.

“It’s great that Moses is back on the training ground and back in with the first team group,” Adkins told Hull City’s official website.

“He’s been out injured for more than 18 months and he’s been through a heck of a lot, but we have great medical and sports science staff here and a lot of people have helped him along the way.

“Moses has got a smile on his face and it’s fantastic for him and fantastic for us because he’s an infectious character.

“There’s no timeframe in terms of when he will be back playing, but this morning was a big step forward for him to take part in the first part of the training session.”

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/hull-city-coach-adkins-odubajo-back-traing-no-time-frame-play-match/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 100 days 3 hours 32 mins to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:32pm On Mar 06, 2018
Samuel: To Play Matches,Earn Spot In Nigeria’s World Cup Squad Motivated Me To Join Amkar Perm

Aaron Samuel has revealed that the major reason he left CSKA Moscow for Amkar Perm was to play regularly so as to earn a recall to the Super Eagles, Completesportsnigeria.com (CSN ) reports.

Samuel joined Amkar Perm on loan till the end of the season after finding regular playing time hard to come by.

Prior to Samuel's exit from CSKA Moscow in January, the 23 year old Nigeria international missed the match-day squad once and was an unused substitute in 12 league games.

The former Guangzhou R&F of China forward also featured in seven games where he scored just one goal against Tosno in September 2017.

Samuel made his first start for Amkar Perm in Sunday’s goalless draw against Zenith St Petersburg and admitted he felt more confident handing a starting role at his new club despite firing blanks in 77 minutes of action.

“I felt great starting in my first game for my new team. 77 minutes on the field will give me confidence. For me it was a good match,” Samuel told sports.ru .

“To play regularly was one of the main reasons why I left CSKA for a loan in Amkar.

“I vowed to work hard in my new club to justify the team’s investment and also to earn a chance to get back into the Nigerian national team.

“Playing against Zenith is always difficult to play, and this match was no exception. Draw – a good result, given the level of the opponent.”

Samuel is expected to lead the lines again for Amkar Perm who host Arsenal Tula in their next game on Friday.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/samuel-play-matchesearn-spot-nigerias-world-cup-squad-motivated-join-amkar-perm/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 100 days 3 hours 26 mins to go

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:38pm On Mar 06, 2018
somehow:
Just reading this. How good is the lad?
23 years old Sebastine Osigwe Ogenne of SC Kariens in promotion league equivalent of division three is not better than what we have and not the solution.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:45pm On Mar 06, 2018
Hollup!!! before you chop off Solace's head just because of the headline, just read first through the article and see what he means... this is an article from the last 18-24 hours I believe

Impressive Oghenekaro Etebo unlikely to gatecrash Super Eagles midfield
By Solace Chukwu, Correspondent

The Nigerian midfielder was superb for Las Palmas against Barcelona last week, but remains an unlikely starter for the Super Eagles

Oghenekaro Etebo is unique in a way that is more easily definable than his boundless energy and ball-carrying ability. He knows how to turn up for the star games, and seems to feed off the energy of many eyes.

We saw this propensity at the Caf Under-23 Nations Cup in 2015: he revved up in the semi-final and final, barging through defences from just behind the main striker to finish as tournament top scorer. Again, at the Olympics in Rio the following year, with the attention of the world on Nigeria's financial and travel fiasco, he produced a performance of the ages in the opening game against Japan.

It would seem logical to build a side around the embodiment of that big-game mentality, and indeed Etebo was very much an integral part of those teams. However, while that tendency has not waned, his station with the senior national side could not be more different.

Pic for this tweet below the article
Match Day! #VamosUD #LasPalmas #Barcelona
#LaLiga @UDLP_Oficial 10:00 AM - Mar 1, 2018
412 107 people are talking about this Etebo Karo @etebo_karo

On Thursday, he served notice of his ability as relegation-threatened Las Palmas took a point off league leaders Barcelona. Naturally, the Canary Islanders would have bitten off a hand offering that prior to kick-off, but they were by no means hanging on by the end. This was a thoroughly deserved result.

At the heart of it, both literally and figuratively, was Etebo. He may only be there on loan, but whether or not Paco Jemez's side do stay up come season's end, it is hard to see how the former Warri Wolves man will return to modest parent club Feirense.

Naturally, the response to his performance has been enthusiastic. However, there is a cruel irony at work here, in that however well he performs, he is at best only cementing his place as a squad member with the Super Eagles party to the World Cup.

Etebo just dribbled Messi and Iniesta, burst forward,passed to Calerie, got a corner kick, corner taken and it's a penalty. 1-1 now. 10:08 PM - Mar 1, 2018 22 See Charles Duke's other Tweets Charles Duke @Calabar_RichDad

It is a role he has fulfilled quite faithfully under Gernot Rohr – he has started only thrice since the German took over at the helm: in both legs against Algeria in World Cup qualifying, and in the ill-fated Nations Cup qualifier against South Africa.
It is that last game that is most resonant, even though all three do offer a glimpse into quite why he does not fit within the starting eleven.

The first, a 3-1 home dismissal of Algeria, will come to be remembered as perhaps the moment when belief truly awakened in this young side. However, for large periods the game was a lot closer than the scoreline suggests.
Etebo started alongside Ogenyi Onazi at the base of midfield, and while the former was excellent, as a duo they struggled to provide adequate security for the pairing of Leon Balogun and William Troost-Ekong.

First point Las Palmas have got against Barcelona in 17 years. Some amazing performers for us. Calleri ran his socks off till the very end. Etebo great again. Galves solid. So so proud of them to hang on for the point. Barcelona weren't great.
10:57 PM - Mar 1, 2018 4 See Jake Davies's other Tweets Jake Davies @jakedavi5

Rohr saw this too, and when Wilfred Ndidi's move to Leicester established his readiness to play a key role, it was instructively Etebo who was dropped to the bench.

In the second, that limp loss against Bafana, he was fielded in place of injured captain John Obi Mikel, and was utterly incapable of carrying the team's creative burden.

One game aside, the Super Eagles have played exclusively with a defensive double-pivot and Mikel further forward in the hole.
It is a system that does not really suit Etebo, who is a hybrid sort of midfielder: his passing is not incisive enough for a number 10, and he is not disciplined enough to play as a number 6 for a side that defends in a deep block.

In theory, he could fulfil either of these roles, but it would take something away from the way the team currently plays. With the more defensive Vicente Gomez alongside, he has greater license to get forward at Las Palmas, and was often somewhat slow to get back into position. For all that his heat map was impressive, he won one tackle all game.

That is not to downplay his performance, of course; it is simply a marker of the different role he is required to interpret.
The inescapable feeling though is that, while he will almost certainly make it to Russia, barring a radical change either of shape or strategy, Etebo is unlikely to usurp any component of the incumbent Super Eagles midfield.

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/impressive-etebo-unlikely-to-gatecrash-super-eagles-midfield/12c9dnzpculwc1mj7veetu1njm

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 100 days 3 hours 13 mins to go

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 12:51pm On Mar 06, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Taiwo Awoniyi Names His Favourite Liverpool Player, Cites Poland Captain As Role Model

Taiwo Awoniyi has picked Brazil international Roberto Firmino as his favourite player at Liverpool and admitted that he idolizes Poland captain, Bayern Munich striker
Robert Lewandowski.

Despite not playing a single first-team game for Liverpool due to work permit issues, the Nigeria U23 striker remains in the plans of the Anfield side, and it is claimed that they will loan him to a club competing in the Europa League next season.

''I watch a lot of Premier League and Champions League in Belgium.And I always watch the strikers, whoever they are,'' Awoniyi said to Liverpool Echo.

''Whether it’s Firmino, Lewandowski, whoever. I watch the movement, the runs they make, and see what I can learn from them and what I can add.''

Awoniyi added : ''At the moment Firmino is my favourite player. He does things unbelievably well, and I think he should be rated even higher.

''As a young player, when I see him playing I cannot stop watching. What he does, he makes life easy for those around him, Mane, Salah and everybody. He always plays for the team.''

The 20-year-old Awoniyi, who previously enjoyed loan spells at FSV Frankfurt and NEC Nijmegen, has impressed at Belgian side Royal Excel Mouscron this term, scoring 8 goals ( 6 assists) in 29 appearances across all competitions.

**Igho Kingsley

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26836

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 100 days 3 hours 40 mins to go

anytime i see this guy , i remember Ex Liverpool player ...Emile Henskey
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:01pm On Mar 06, 2018
President Buhari receives CHAN Eagles Wednesday after several postponements

Top team officials have informed SCORENigeria President Muhammadu Buhari will finally receive the 2018 CHAN Eagles Wednesday morning at the Aso Rock Villa in Abuja.

The reception for the home-based Super Eagles, who reached the championship game of the recent CHAN in Morocco, has severally been postponed.

However, top officials have now assured SCORENigeria President will finally receive the team led by coach Salisu Yusuf on Wednesday.

After a labored start in Morocco, the home-based Eagles improved with every game to go past the country’s best performance of a semi-final of a tournament reserved for players who feature in their domestic leagues.

Nigeria reached the last four of the CHAN in South Africa four years ago, but they failed to go past the group stage in Rwanda in 2016.

**By Kola Daniel

Source: http://googleweblight.com/i?u=http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/03/05/president-buhari-receives-chan-eagles-wednesday-after-several-postponements/&hl=en-NG&tg=210&tk=6295514139755139664

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 100 days 2 hours 57 mins to go

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 4:09pm On Mar 06, 2018
Form, nature and the coach will decide that.
MetalJigsaw:
my point is Echiejille has nothing more to ooffer the team

Elaborate sir.
MetalJigsaw:
If its just aboutehat th coach wants the team wouldnt have made it to Russia
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 4:09pm On Mar 06, 2018
Oops, make e go queue, we're looking for an outstanding GK not the same of the same.
Kog45:
23 years old Sebastine Osigwe Ogenne of SC Kariens in promotion league equivalent of division three is not better than what we have and not the solution.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:10pm On Mar 06, 2018
Check this out guys

World Cup 2018 all match predictions, analyses and dates by Sportseon.

Nigeria tipped to beat Croatia and Iceland!

http://www.sportseon.com/football/fifa-world-cup-predictions-analysis/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:19pm On Mar 06, 2018
somehow:
Form, nature and the coach will decide that.

Elaborate sir.
Hiow do you assess Echiegile's chances of making the WC squad.

Would you pick him among the current left backs in the picture if you were the coach?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:27pm On Mar 06, 2018
Junior Ajayi has confirmed his invite on his twitter page..

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 4:28pm On Mar 06, 2018
I don't know what goes on at training/Camp. management is more than just looking for stars, putting them together and expecting them to perform, goes deeper than that, until i can access how he does in camp, then and then will i decide. Apart from Idowu who's a bit experienced having played football for a while, Ebuehi is a greenhorn and needs more than 45 mins as a SE player + club form to cement a "first team" spot in the SE.

Summary, until i am in camp to access how the 3 perform and what they bring to the team spirit on and off the pitch, i can't decide who would make it to Russia, same way Rohr hasn't listed those he's taking to Russia even though there are some untouchables right now.

MetalJigsaw:
Hiow do you assess Echiegile's chances of making the WC squad.

Would you pick him among the current left backs in the picture if you were the coach?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 4:29pm On Mar 06, 2018
I am just imagining what will happen if he ends up performing in all the friendlies he's allowed to play in just as Ebuehi performed in 45 mins. who will then be dropped for him? Ighalo or Simon Moses?
tbaba1234:
Junior Ajayi has confirmed his invite on his twitter page..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:31pm On Mar 06, 2018
somehow:
I am just imagining what will happen if he ends up performing just as Ebuehi performed in 45 mins. who will then be dropped for him? Ighalo or Simon Moses?

He will have other games to prove himself. There are very few spots for grabs. I expect a battle in camp
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 06, 2018
tbaba1234:

He will have other games to prove himself. There are very few spots for grabs. I expect a battle in camp

Have this feeling he will grab the top striker slot.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:49pm On Mar 06, 2018
somehow:
I don't know what goes on at training/Camp. management is more than just looking for stars, putting them together and expecting them to perform, goes deeper than that, until i can access how he does in camp, then and then will i decide. Apart from Idowu who's a bit experienced having played football for a while, Ebuehi is a greenhorn and needs more than 45 mins as a SE player + club form to cement a "first team" spot in the SE.

Summary, until i am in camp to access how the 3 perform and what they bring to the team spirit on and off the pitch, i can't decide who would make it to Russia, same way Rohr hasn't listed those he's taking to Russia even though there are some untouchables right now.

haba! its simple and short question I asked you bro but you just replied me in a perambulating manner. With such long epistle beating about the forest. I couldnt read but i grasped the word training ground. Im talking of on- field performance not raining ground.

I think I've developed a slight headache
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:51pm On Mar 06, 2018
Truidstar:

Have this feeling he will grab the top striker slot.

Unlikely, but he can fight..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 4:52pm On Mar 06, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
haba! its simple and short question I asked you bro but you just replied in me in a perambulating manner. With such long epistle beating about the forest. I could read but i grasped the word training ground. Im talking of on- field performance not raining ground.

I think I've developed a slight headache

sometimes club performance does not equal national teams performance
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:53pm On Mar 06, 2018
asha80:

sometimes club performance does not equal national teams performance
ok I surrender
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:58pm On Mar 06, 2018
in ur prayers please do not forget this budding talent, Nura Abdullahi

Heart problem stops Nigerian defender’s career

Nigerian international, Nura Abdullahi’s budding career with AS Roma has suffered a major setback as doctors has advised him to stop all sporting activities with immediate effect.

Nura, 20 on loan to Perugia, signed a four-year contract with Roma in 2016
for €2.5 million and may never play football again until doctors certify that he is out of danger zone.

Roma and Perugia received the scary news inn Monday morning when it was announced that tests on Abdullahi revealed that due to his cardiovascular system, he should stop all activities.

“On Wednesday 28 February, full-back Nura Abdullahi underwent scheduled cardiological tests. The results of the tests made it necessary that the player stop all sporting activity for a period of 30 days.
“Following the completion of that period of rest, the player will undergo further tests.’
The diagnosis of the young Nigerian is coming barely 48 hours after the death of Fiorentina and Italian player Davide Astori from suspected cardiac arrest.

Abdulahi was discovered by Kaduna- based Future Africa Football Academy before he was transferred to Football Academy Abuja.
It would be recalled that Nigerian legend Nwankwo Kanu was told he may never play football again in 1996 because of a heart condition.

Kanu’s heart problem was spotted during an examination by Inter Milan doctors prior to his Serie A debut.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 5:03pm On Mar 06, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Check this out guys

World Cup 2018 all match predictions, analyses and dates by Sportseon.

Nigeria tipped to beat Croatia and Iceland!

http://www.sportseon.com/football/fifa-world-cup-predictions-analysis/

They said we will loose to Argentina in the group stage, I disagree. They equally said we will not go beyond round of 16, again I disagree.

Someone who knows them should tell them that we have the most hungry/promising players ever in our national team. .

Tell them that our boys are hungry to make a name for themselves.

Tell them that our boys are hungry for a better better career in better clubs.

Tell them that we have the most underrated players.

Tell them that most of these boys are going to the world cup for the first and are ready to justify their inclusion.

Finally them that baba Ibeji and other experienced players may be playing their final World Cup and will not go home without doing something different.

Tell them that finals is the target, nothing less nothing more. angry

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 5:08pm On Mar 06, 2018
somehow:
I am just imagining what will happen if he ends up performing in all the friendlies he's allowed to play in just as Ebuehi performed in 45 mins. who will then be dropped for him? Ighalo or Simon Moses?

If that happens, some one will be dropped from the Midfield to make it 5 Midfielders.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:11pm On Mar 06, 2018
If I were the coach, i would invite Aiyenugba. But he may not still be the solution. Or I I would invite Odah of plateau united or other home based keepers. But they may not still be the solution. So what do I do?

My point, just because Dele plays in the Israeli top tier don’t mean he is the best of the lot.
Let’s hope Rohr and the Gk coaches gets to see a lot of them as possible and pick the best of the lot.

Modified
I don’t think Rohr is open to older players unless their class and experience is undeniable..

Where that moniker when talk say dem dey plan to invite Ejide.

Kog45:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:12pm On Mar 06, 2018
ChrisKels:
in ur prayers please do not forget this budding talent, Nura Abdullahi

Heart problem stops Nigerian defender’s career

Nigerian international, Nura Abdullahi’s budding career with AS Roma has suffered a major setback as doctors has advised him to stop all sporting activities with immediate effect.

Nura, 20 on loan to Perugia, signed a four-year contract with Roma in 2016
for €2.5 million and may never play football again until doctors certify that he is out of danger zone.

Roma and Perugia received the scary news inn Monday morning when it was announced that tests on Abdullahi revealed that due to his cardiovascular system, he should stop all activities.

“On Wednesday 28 February, full-back Nura Abdullahi underwent scheduled cardiological tests. The results of the tests made it necessary that the player stop all sporting activity for a period of 30 days.
“Following the completion of that period of rest, the player will undergo further tests.’
The diagnosis of the young Nigerian is coming barely 48 hours after the death of Fiorentina and Italian player Davide Astori from suspected cardiac arrest.

Abdulahi was discovered by Kaduna- based Future Africa Football Academy before he was transferred to Football Academy Abuja.
It would be recalled that Nigerian legend Nwankwo Kanu was told he may never play football again in 1996 because of a heart condition.

Kanu’s heart problem was spotted during an examination by Inter Milan doctors prior to his Serie A debut.

Thank God, the heart condition was found.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2953) (2954) (2955) (2956) (2957) (2958) (2959) ... (16250) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: shawwal1(m), ddone, Truidstarr, elyte89, soetanoreoluwa(m), twentyk(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.