Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11682220 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (16154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mikron(m): 11:04pm On Nov 14, 2016
optional1:

lol grin

coming thursday night you guys should come pick me at the airport... Hope you will be less busy sha?

Klexycole take note.
4 real? ok we will cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:11pm On Nov 14, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Wouldn't it have been easier to remove Onazi and keep Mikel? Are u saying the coach rewarded Onazi for his bad play? This has been done since Tanzania it is no fluke, the coach likes Onazi at the position if not Mikel it will be Onazi.

Before the game, Rohr already made it clear that Mikel might not complete the game.

The debate is not about Onazi playing good or bad. You raised the topic and I said, Onazi is not in the position to play that role because of the competition in front for that role.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:44pm On Nov 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Before the game, Rohr already made it clear that Mikel might not complete the game.

The debate is not about Onazi playing good or bad. You raised the topic and I said, Onazi is not in the position to play that role because of the competition in front for that role.

there has been no competition nobody came in to take Mikel's position. Onazi will always been in the 11 the coach puts big trust in him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:03am On Nov 15, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

there has been no competition nobody came in to take Mikel's position. Onazi will always been in the 11 the coach puts big trust in him.

There is Mikel and Etebo ahead of Onazi. Onazi needs to play the shielding role or bench for another to do it. There is not other role in the midfield available for Onazi in the starting eleven.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:22am On Nov 15, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

There is Mikel and Etebo ahead of Onazi. Onazi needs to play the shielding role or bench for another to do it. There is not other role in the midfield available for Onazi in the starting eleven.
Isn't that telling a lie when u already know he has played another role in the midfield?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 4:10am On Nov 15, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Isn't that telling a lie when u already know he has played another role in the midfield?

me I don't even know what you are arguing. Ok when did Onazi play that position? In the dying moments of the two games in questions, I mean if you really do understand football well, you will know that in such circumstances Mikel's lack of game time has gotten to him, and Onazi can still mark the ball atleast so who to sub is quite easy to decide. But in a case where the coach introduces Ndidi and pushes Onazi up the field isn't because he wants to change Onazi's position in the near future, it's because he wants to take Onazi far away from our defensive third this is because one single misplaced pass from him or one bad tackle could lead to an equaliser. So the sub is more like 'I know you can still mark the ball in these dying moments, but I don't trust you in and around our box, so push up the field and do your stuff there'. Haba! What will Onazi be doing there from the start of the match? Do you know how many times I clapped for Mikel that day? I doubt if he misplaced up to three passes or even got dispossessed at all. Put Onazi in there and we won't have up to 10% ball possession, that's why he is used there in the final moments when we don't need ball possession, we just need to win the ball back and waste minutes

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 4:30am On Nov 15, 2016
tbaba1234:
I think Mikel should be played in Defensive Midfield.

In the game against Zambia, It took the introduction of Esiti to calm thing down. Against Algeria, the midfield collapsed again. Mikel is the most experienced defensive midfielder on the team, I believe that if he plays there alongside Etebo, Ndidi or Onazi, the defense will be better protected.

this is what I always have in mind when I say that we should bench Onazi. Now you are looking at it from another angle though. Mikel hasn't been playing for Chelsea, definetly he is match rusty, so you don't expect him to maintain the same intensity, but every single match we have played under Rohr(Tanzania, Zambia and Algeria), Mikel has always been the central figure of our first half performances up till the 60th minute and we can both agree that our first 60 minutes these past few games have been quite productive, so that's why the coach utilises Mikel's strengths during that period, we keep possession and calm things down, then we strike and grab a couple of goals before fatigue takes hold of Mikel and we have done that perfectly well. But the problem now is, when Mikel gets tired what happens? The midfield collapses entirely because it exposes Onazi's inability to control a game. Onazi is not a possession sensitive player at all, if we want to play on the counter then he is good but he does not really play that possession game that we adopt, now in cases like this the coach introduces another DMF who can control a game. So my question is since Onazi naturally lacks the ability to control a game, why not just start with a DMF who can control a game so that even when Mikel gets tired, we won't get outplayed till he is subbed. This is my criticism of Onazi, you can check all the matches that we have played with the two, once Mikel gets tired, Onazi becomes a headless chicken in the middle which at this point is unsuitable for a team with certain ambitions(like winning the World Cupsmiley)

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 5:36am On Nov 15, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Someone said it was time we unshackled Onazi and give him a more advanced role. That is, have someone sit behind him to shield the defence. He used a term, a kind of Vidal.

I disagree because with Etebo and Mikel in the side, it will prove difficult playing Onazi ahead of any.

So, if Onazi does not want to sit, then he needs to make space for another.

I agree with you.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 6:37am On Nov 15, 2016
tbaba1234:
Musa Muhammad is one player that needs to find a way to play regularly. When Omeruo got hurt, the coach did not trust him enough to put him on. If by next year, we have Ebuehi, Idowu, Ola Aina etc... I doubt, he will even get a look-in.
i think there is a plan to get him a new club in january why did you think the coach keep inviting him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 6:39am On Nov 15, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
FLASHBACK: Valencia Keeping Tabs On Nigeria Rio 2016 Hero Etebo
[/size]
Spanish La-Liga giants Valencia will be keeping a close eye on the poster boy of Nigeria Rio 2016 men’s football team Ogenekaro Etebo, during the course of the season in Portugal.

Etebo plays for newly promoted Portuguese top division side CD Feirense, and Valencia will be sending scouts to watch him play once he is fully recovered from the hamstring injury that kept him out of Nigeria’s final three games at the Olympics.

A deal for him in the future looks more likely, if he impresses the scout of the team that is assigned to Portugal to make checks on him.

Owngoalnigeria.com exclusively gathered from sources in Spain, that the 20 year old who scored four goals in Nigeria’s opening Rio 2016 game against Japan is also on the radar of several teams in Europe.

However CD Feirense have made it clear, that he won’t be sold this season as they want to keep him, to help them do well in their first campaign in the top flight of Portuguese football.

The former Warri Wolves forward joined CD Feirense last season and scored once from the 4 games he played before the end of the season.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/14/flashback-valencia-keeping-tabs-on-nigeria-rio-2016-hero-etebo/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jefersoun: 6:43am On Nov 15, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Iheanacho was against a cagey defence. Not all teams we play will set up like. In a less cagey situation, he will shine like a million stars.
That i know. I am only trying to put myself in both side of the divide, some were satisfy with his performance while some were not, they gave their reasons, which is valid. I went further by pointing out the areas he needs to improve on as a top 9. Look at Suarez, the way he plays will give you an hint of what am talking about.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:11am On Nov 15, 2016
Mickael2:

me I don't even know what you are arguing. Ok when did Onazi play that position? In the dying moments of the two games in questions, I mean if you really do understand football well, you will know that in such circumstances Mikel's lack of game time has gotten to him, and Onazi can still mark the ball atleast so who to sub is quite easy to decide. But in a case where the coach introduces Ndidi and pushes Onazi up the field isn't because he wants to change Onazi's position in the near future, it's because he wants to take Onazi far away from our defensive third this is because one single misplaced pass from him or one bad tackle could lead to an equaliser. So the sub is more like 'I know you can still mark the ball in these dying moments, but I don't trust you in and around our box, so push up the field and do your stuff there'. Haba! What will Onazi be doing there from the start of the match? Do you know how many times I clapped for Mikel that day? I doubt if he misplaced up to three passes or even got dispossessed at all. Put Onazi in there and we won't have up to 10% ball possession, that's why he is used there in the final moments when we don't need ball possession, we just need to win the ball back and waste minutes

It would be a waste of my time if i argued Onazi with u, all u are going to say is he can't pass. Next.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 7:27am On Nov 15, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

It would be a waste of my time if i argued Onazi with u, all u are going to say is he can't pass. Next.

you forgot to add that he lacks positional discipline

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:33am On Nov 15, 2016
STATS REPORT:

Mikel has now scored 5 goals and provided 37 assists in a Super Eagles Shirt. smiley

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:40am On Nov 15, 2016

Russia 2018 World Cup: Beat Eagles or get
fired – Cameroon FA tells coach

In a swift reaction to Cameroon’s 1-1 draw
against the Chipolopolo of Zambia, the soccer
governing body in that country, FECAFOOT on
Monday charged the Indomitable Lions coach,
Hugo Broos and his backroom staff to ensure they beat the Super Eagles in the double header of the Russia 2018 World Cup qualifying games next August.

FECAFOOT, while expressing its dissatisfaction
over the home draw requested the Belgian -born
football tactician to put Cameroon’s World Cup
campaign back on track and handed a two-
match must win ultimatum against Nigeria.

Broos has more than eight months to prepare his team, in order to destabilize the Eagles in the decisive away (Uyo) and home (Limbe) fixtures.

Broos in his post-match comments after the draw with Chipolopolo said there was still much work to be done.

“We had a very bad first half. In addition, the free kick, which caught the team off guard was as a result of lack of concentration.

“But it shows us what we are capable of, and
what we still have to do to improve ourselves. The next few months would be for the AFCON
tournament in Gabon.

“However, we know that the matches against
Nigeria will be decisive. We will have to win to
have another chance to go to the World Cup. We have eight months to prepare,” Broos was quoted as saying.

In a statement released by the Cameroonian
Football Federation, the four-time Afcon winners
had set their sights on halting the Super Eagles’
great run of form to get to the quadrennial
tournament.

The Super Eagles defeated the Desert Foxes of
Algeria 3-1 last Saturday to lead group B log with six points, while Cameroon is second with two points. Algeria and Zambia are level on a point each.

Source: http://sunnewsonline.com/russia-2018-world-cup-beat-eagles-or-get-fired-cameroon-fa-tells-coach/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:47am On Nov 15, 2016
Rohr hails Mikel as a 'true leader'

Rohr

On the back of the victory of Nigeria's national
team over their Algerian counterparts in the FIFA 2018 World Cup qualifier, the Nigerian coach has spoken highly on the role of the captain Obi Mikel in the victory.

Chelsea star Mikel captained and played a sterling role in the 3-1 triumph over the Algerians in Uyo, Nigeria on Saturday.

'He played like a true leader', he said 'he
commended the respect of the team, marshalling and putting so much energy into the effort of the team'.

Rohr also sought to clarify the statement credited to him where he was said to have alleged that Mikel was being "punished" by his club for representing Nigeria in the Olympic Games.

"I was quoted out of context. Perhaps the word
'punish' might have come too strongly. But I
meant it in a larger sense of the price he is paying for his participation in the Olympics'.

Gernot Rohr contended that he, having been a
club manager himself for years, could never
openly criticise the actions of any club in dealing
with their players.

'What I was trying to say was that we should all
acknowledge the commitment of the team
captain to the national team and the price that
he might have had to pay, missing action for his
club in the time he was in the Olympics' he
clarified

Source: http://mobi.supersport.com/football/super-eagles/news/161115/Rohr_hails_Mikel_as_a_true_leader

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by aroti: 8:11am On Nov 15, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

Hugo Broos and his backroom staff to ensure they beat the Super Eagles in the double header of the Russia 2018 World Cup qualifying games next August.

Broos has more than eight months to prepare his team, in order to destabilize the Eagles in the decisive away (Uyo) and home (Limbe) fixtures.

Broos in his post-match comments after the draw with Chipolopolo said there was still much work to be done.

“We had a very bad first half. In addition, the free kick, which caught the team off guard was as a result of lack of concentration.

what we still have to do to improve ourselves. The next few months would be for the AFCON
tournament in Gabon.

have another chance to go to the World Cup. We have eight months to prepare,” Broos was quoted as saying.

tournament.

Algeria 3-1 last Saturday to lead group B log with six points, while Cameroon is second with two points. Algeria and Zambia are level on a point each.

Source: http://sunnewsonline.com/russia-2018-world-cup-beat-eagles-or-get-fired-cameroon-fa-tells-coach/
. Oh really? Let's wait till then nah! I know they are lying but let them continue.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by optional1(f): 8:53am On Nov 15, 2016
mikron:
4 real? ok we will cheesy

yes dear for reaal cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:19am On Nov 15, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

tournament in Gabon.

tournament.

Everybody gunning for Nigeria's head right now
Feels good to be the top gun in a group of death grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:55am On Nov 15, 2016
ESPN Settles Debate On Best Left Back On The Planet, Choose Alaba Ahead Of Barca, Real Madrid, Chelsea Stars

Published: November 15, 2016

Two players of Nigerian descent David Alaba and Dele Alli have been included in ESPN’s #FC10, a list of the top performers in every position across the pitch and the dugout.

Bayern Munich star Alaba was ranked the best left back in the world, beating the likes of Jordi Alba (Barcelona) Marcelo (Real Madrid), Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Patrice Evra (Juventus) and Danny Rose (Tottenham) to the accolade.

“The 24-year-old Austrian is arguably the archetypal modern player, ” ESPN wrote.

“Technically smooth on the ball and equally comfortable almost anywhere on the pitch, this season alone the Bayern Munich star has played in four different positions for club and country: left-back, defensive midfield, attacking midfield and forward,” ESPN wrote.

Tottenham Hotspur star Dele Alli featured in the top ten attacking midfielders on the planet. The former MK Dons wonderkid was ninth on the list .

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21085

We lost these two best players in the world due to pride. Kwantinue.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
STATS REPORT:

Mikel has now scored 5 goals and provided 37 assists in a Super Eagles Shirt. smiley

that's remarkable.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:07pm On Nov 15, 2016
Otigba nko?? Anyway... March till dey sad
REVEALED: Kayode, Salami, Three Others Top List Of Foreign Pros For Egypt Friendly

The proposed friendly game between Nigeria and Egypt will see coach Gernot Rohr hand invitation to some players who have not been given a look in since he took over the team.

Although the list is expected to be dominated by players from the Nigeria Professonal Football
League, some foreign base stars are lined up for
the game as well.

Owngoalnigeria.com reliably gathered that Rohr
has already concluded plans to call up Olarenwaju Kayode who has been doing very well for Austria Wien of Austria, while Gbolahan Salami who finished as top scorer for Finnish side KuPS is also been considered.

Goalkeeper David Nwokolor who keeps goal for Bosnian side Vitez will be called up by Rohr for the friendly game against Egypt on the 9th of January, while unconfirmed reports has it that Godfrey Obaboana could be called up as well.

Obaboana’s inclusion could depend on some
many factors but with the Turkish league
expected to be on break, he could be considered for a call-up to the team.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/15/revealed-kayode-salami-three-others-top-list-of-foreign-pros-for-egypt-friendly/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:11pm On Nov 15, 2016
forgiveness:
ESPN Settles Debate On Best Left Back On The Planet, Choose Alaba Ahead Of Barca, Real Madrid, Chelsea Stars

Two players of Nigerian descent David Alaba and Dele Alli have been included in ESPN’s #FC10, a list of the top performers in every position across the pitch and the dugout.

Bayern Munich star Alaba was ranked the best left back in the world, beating the likes of Jordi Alba (Barcelona) Marcelo (Real Madrid), Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Patrice Evra (Juventus) and Danny Rose (Tottenham) to the accolade.

“The 24-year-old Austrian is arguably the archetypal modern player, ” ESPN wrote.

“Technically smooth on the ball and equally comfortable almost anywhere on the pitch, this season alone the Bayern Munich star has played in four different positions for club and country: left-back, defensive midfield, attacking midfield and forward,” ESPN wrote.

Tottenham Hotspur star Dele Alli featured in the top ten attacking midfielders on the planet. The former MK Dons wonderkid was ninth on the list .

Wish them the best and move on. No need crying over spilt milk,after all,they are not better than what we have got. We still have the likes of Iheanacho,Kelechi Nwakali,Osimhen,Isaac success ,Iwobi,
Ndid,Nwobodo and tens of more waiting on the flank.We are fully stacked to the brim.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:14pm On Nov 15, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
REVEALED: Kayode, Salami, Three Others Top List Of Foreign Pros For Egypt Friendly

The proposed friendly game between Nigeria and Egypt will see coach Gernot Rohr hand invitation to some players who have not been given a look in since he took over the team.

Although the list is expected to be dominated by players from the Nigeria Professonal Football
the game as well.

has already concluded plans to call up Olarenwaju Kayode who has been doing very well for Austria Wien of Austria, while Gbolahan Salami who finished as top scorer for Finnish side KuPS is also been considered.

Goalkeeper David Nwokolor who keeps goal for Bosnian side Vitez will be called up by Rohr for the friendly game against Egypt on the 9th of January, while unconfirmed reports has it that Godfrey Obaboana could be called up as well.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/15/revealed-kayode-salami-three-others-top-list-of-foreign-pros-for-egypt-friendly/

Abeg,let him remember Otigba and Nwobodo.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
Nasri seems to know too much... No be loan him dey again??!! Anyway... Sexlife and football definitely are interconnected... wink

Want To Be Like Messi?, Quit Having Sex –
Guardiola Tells Kelechi Iheanacho & Other Man City Stars

According to Manchester City loanee Samir Nasir, manager Pep Guardiola’s secret to getting the best from his players is to prohibit them from having sex after midnight.

Nasir out on loan to Sevilla from the Etihad outfit after playing just 15 minutes of Premier League football under Guardiola says strict lifestyle and dietary regime, according to the manager helped him bring the best out of Lionel Messi and Robert Lewandoski.

“Relations must be before midnight. Even if you
have a free day the following day,” Nasri told
L’Equipe du Soir when asked for one of Guardiola’s secrets for getting the maximum from his stars.

It’s so you can have a good night’s sleep. He told us this is how he managed to get the best out of Messi and Lewandowski, and for them to avoid the maximum number of muscular injuries.”

“He suppressed many things that were in the
kitchen,” Nasri said. “With Guardiola, on the first
day of training, you know how you should play,
how to squeeze and also how to stand off the ball. The next day, you have videos for everything that you have to do.

“He will not bully you, but he will do everything to make you progress, to get you to know you how to position yourself and how to play. He’s a picky person.”

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/15/want-to-be-like-messi-quit-having-sex-guardiola-tells-kelechi-iheanacho-other-man-city-stars/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:21pm On Nov 15, 2016
forgiveness:

We must move on from that no matter if we were right or wrong. Algeria lost Zidane, Guinea lost Pogba, infact the Euro final was filled with lost players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:30pm On Nov 15, 2016
FIFA Expert Drops Hints On Number Of
Remaining Points Eagles Need To Qualify For World Cup 2018

Per a report on the official website of World
Football governing body FIFA by some of their
experts in World Cup Qualifiers, the Super Eagles of Nigeria are odd on favourite to qualify for Russia 2018 from group B of the CAF qualifying series.

The report done after the latest round of qualifiers in Africa reckoned that Nigeria has the greatest advantage in group B, after winning their first two games in the qualifying series.

The Super Eagles started the qualifying series with a 2-1 win away to Zambia and consolidated their grip on the leadership position of the group, with a 3-1 win over Algeria last weekend.

As it stands now, Nigeria won’t be in action until August next year but FIFA experts believe, victory over Cameroun in both ties could see Nigeria through to the World Cup, if results elsewhere favours them.

”It’s not yet over in group B, but a Nigeria win
over Cameroun in both legs of their next game
will move them to twelve points, which could be
unassailable if the result of Zambia and Algeria
goes in their favour”.

”If any of Zambia or Algeria fail to get maximum
points from their next game and Nigeria
succeeds. The best they will end up with is 10
points while if Cameroun lose both ties against
Nigeria best they will end up with is 10 points as
well”.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/15/fifa-expert-drops-hints-on-number-of-remaining-points-eagles-need-to-qualify-for-world-cup-2018/

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Loogan(m): 1:40pm On Nov 15, 2016
joseph1013:

I watched some clips of Aluko today after he picked up the Championship Player of the Month, and he was excellent. He can produced even more than Etebo did since he packs skills with his work rate. Then Nwobodo is an excellent choice too. Bundle of skills, hardworker. I want Rohr to give him a chance.

please if you have a clip of that nwobodo guy share, would like to see the guy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 1:59pm On Nov 15, 2016
Loogan:

please if you have a clip of that nwobodo guy share, would like to see the guy

This is s a poorly produced but still decent video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEx6kwuoJco

Watching him is how to really understand what a talent he is.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:00pm On Nov 15, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

Wish them the best and move on. No need crying over spilt milk,after all,they are not better than what we have got. We still have the likes of Iheanacho,Kelechi Nwakali,Osimhen,Isaac success ,Iwobi,
Ndid,Nwobodo and tens of more waiting on the flank.We are fully stacked to the brim.

grin I know you wan find turobulu... grin

If those two dey national team Iwobi and Iheanacho must sidon for bench. grin except Iheanacho go play 9, e no go smell d no 10. grin

You know na. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:03pm On Nov 15, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

the game as well.

Dat goalkeeper na my interest.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:06pm On Nov 15, 2016
Even Michael Essien no wan gree.... grin

GHANA ARE BETTER THAN NIGERIA, SAYS
MICHAEL ESSIEN

The former Chelsea player gave the nod to the
Black Stars at the expense of in-form Super
Eagles while praising his former teammate
Former Ghana international Michael Essien has
chosen his country as the better side ahead of
Nigeria, regardless of their present form.

The former Chelsea midfielder who severally lined up for the Black Stars against the Super Eagles in his playing days made the choice despite Gernot Rohr's side head-turning performances.

While Avram Grant's men failed to stamp their
authority in the 2018 World Cup qualifying series, the 58-time international capped player revealed his choice in an interview with BBC.

The 33-year-old also named his former Chelsea
teammate John Obi Mikel as a contender for the
outfit’s top prize.

Watch the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXFhYpajHKI

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/17252/super-eagles/2016/11/14/29471612/ghana-are-better-than-nigeria-says-michael-essien

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (16154) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m), comodo, Theben(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.