Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11662008 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:01am On Nov 17, 2016
Well, if we wanna be the best, we gotta play and beat the best. smiley

If we see Argentina again...... Let's just take it as it is. Loolll

aadvark:
lol, can u imagine? 94 even join sef. walahi, the tin pain me. make dem no just vex me this time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:10am On Nov 17, 2016

Chelsea: It's either Marseille or China for Mikel

According to Le10Sport, Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel will leave the club in January with his likely destination to be Marseille. New boss Rudi Garcia is anxious for reinforcements as he tries to rescue a failing season and the 29-year-old Nigerian is top of his current shopping list.

There is however, reported to be competition
from China were the player would be guaranteed an annual salary of almost €4 million, matching that what he currently earns at Stamford Bridge.

Mikel has been with the West London club for 10 years but under new coach Antonio Conte, has slipped down the pecking order. The Italian
tactician has made no secret of the fact that he
would like to off-load players that he feels are
surplus to requirement and the Nigerian
international falls into this category.

During his time in England, Mikel has won two
Premier League titles, a Champions League,
four FA Cups, etc.

He also won a Bronze Medal with his country in the 2016 Rio Olympics Football Tournament.

Source: http://m.calciomercato.com/en/news/chelsea-mikel-between-marseille-and-china-73511
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by aadvark: 11:15am On Nov 17, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Well, if we wanna be the best, we gotta play and beat the best. smiley

If we see Argentina again...... Let's just take it as it is. Loolll

well, lets see what happens
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:15am On Nov 17, 2016
Watford Striker Isaac Success Reveals He Is
On The Road To Full Recovery

Former Nigeria U17 international Isaac Success is on the road to full recovery after struggling with a muscular injury for most part of the ongoing season.

Though the Watford number ten’s layoff
period is not known, he has revealed himself that he will start kicking a ball in the coming days.

“Thanks be to God, I will start running before the end of this week, ” Success said in a brief
statement to allnigeriasoccer.com.

Because of the time Success has spent in the
treatment room, he has managed only six
appearances in the Premier League, and was
unavailable for selection for the Hornets in their
last three matches, having missed the first two.

Teammate Odion Ighalo is back at The Vic and
has started training with the squad ahead of this weekend’s clash versus Leicester City.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21104

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by clefstone(m): 11:15am On Nov 17, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

Oga,you dey yarn dust!! In fact, you are very stupid and I mean this. Fu-cc off,nigga!! You don't know the pains of losing a mother,atulu otu!
you need help
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:23am On Nov 17, 2016
forgiveness:

Kelechi Nwakali was in the same camp with Iheanacho and Success but he could not make the team.

Even though he qualified for special talent to get work permit, he was rather offloaded to Dutch second division.

Some people use to ask me, 'if he is good enough....he for dey for Arsenal'.

I pray he progress but he is down the pecking order for now.

Kelechi was sent to the MLS to train with Columbus Crew or what have u before he broke into city's first team. U have forgotten that so soon. Guy u have this parochial sense of reasoning that u always sound pathetic whenever u post a comment, no wonder some people here see u as a troll. Please for once, try to disappoint us by being more rational with ur posts.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 11:41am On Nov 17, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Ofcos it does trumps that.... But Yahaya is at porto. Dont tell me you dont know about Porto's reputation with young talents and how they mould them into world-beaters.... smiley

they are world beaters but they can't be compared 2 klopp nd Liverpool na

klopp nd young players na like 5 and 6
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 11:43am On Nov 17, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
I already told you... Iheanacho didnt need to be brazillian to get the special talent work permit because of his golden ball performance in which he produced the best stats for an u-17 player in the history of the Fifa u-17 WC.

Ejaria ahead... Ejaria isnt even K.Nwakali's mate in the first place. Na wa ooo...

Yahaya had work permit issues at Tottenham.... But Porto went for him and bought him outrightly. If he wasnt special, porto wouldnt have bothered.

ejaria is not nwakali's mate?,, Jesus is Lord
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 11:44am On Nov 17, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

If that was the case Musa Mohammed would be starting for Nigeria since he trains with the best club in Turkey. No coach would call Ovie instead of Yahaya.
musa case different from ejaria own na

ejaria is on verge of breaking into Liverpool's starting xi

musa na bench warmer na
4th choice 4 dat matter
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:49am On Nov 17, 2016
Kelechi Nwakali just recently turned 18 in June. Ejaria will be 19 tomorrow.

Kelechi played the last U-17 in 2015, Ovie was primed to play at the Fifa U-20 WC same year. He's still eligible for next year's WC.

Jesus is still Lord afterall... smiley

jotey:
ejaria is not nwakali's mate?,, Jesus is Lord
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:55am On Nov 17, 2016
I already said "it trumps that"... What else do u wanna hear?

Liverpool is above Porto no doubt but Porto also have a strong reputation with young talents. That's a simple point.

Ovie is definitely ahead but in the long run watch out for K.Nwakali also and even Musa Yahaya.

I remember Isaac Success was ahead of Iheanacho professionally (at one time Nacho was sent to the USA to train and play scrimmage games. He was also sent to Spain I Believe? Not sure of the spain thingy...) but we can see where they are now at club level.... Though both are fantastic super talents and yes their careers are still so young smiley

jotey:
they are world beaters but they can't be compared 2 klopp nd Liverpool na

klopp nd young players na like 5 and 6
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:21pm On Nov 17, 2016
Can someone pls get a load of this guy?

Garba Lawal na wa ooo.....
GERNOT ROHR HAS JUST BEEN LUCKY, NOT
BETTER THAN NIGERIAN COACHES – LAWAL

Ex International and NFF Technical Committee,
Member, Garba Lawal does not think the Super
Eagles’ run of three wins out of three games with
Gernot Rohr makes his Nigerian predecessors less
competent.

Lawal ascribed the results to the
nature of football and luck. Rohr was appointed
the substantive Technical Adviser of the Super
Eagles replacing Sunday Oliseh,who resigned.

The
former Super Eagles Captain took the role after
the sacking of Stephen Keshi last year. Daniel
Amokachi, Samson Siasia and Salisu Yusuf were
commissioned on interim basis.

Speaking with footballlive.ng, the former Super
Eagles Midfielder said good teams could get bad
results and in the same vain an average team can
post very good results. He insists the Coast is not
yet clear and it might be to early to start singing
the praises of the 63-year-old German Coach.

Nigeria pipped Tanzania 1-0 in a dead rubber
Afcon qualifier on Rohr’s competitive debut as
Technical Adviser of he Super Eagles. The team
subsequently won their World Cup qualifying
matches against Zambia and Algeria.

Source: http://footballlive.ng/footballnews/9ja-news/gernot-rohr-has-just-been-lucky-not-better-than-nigerian-coaches-lawal/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 12:32pm On Nov 17, 2016
It's wrong to curse or abuse someone for saying his/her mind. We can't all be on the same Boat every time.

I do not want to get involved but I think I should make it known that this Thread is losing its credibility.

We are all Nigerians, and whoever dons the Green - White - Green Jersey represents Nigeria. Enough of name-callings, it's time to return normalcy back to the Thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:07pm On Nov 17, 2016
ChrisKels:

Kelechi was sent to the MLS to train with Columbus Crew or what have u before he broke into city's first team. U have forgotten that so soon. Guy u have this parochial sense of reasoning that u always sound pathetic whenever u post a comment, no wonder some people here see u as a troll. Please for once, try to disappoint us by being more rational with ur posts.

Why was he sent to Columbus Crew(dis one even better pass Dutch second division)?

About been a 'troll', is speaking my mind 'been a troll'?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:19pm On Nov 17, 2016
clefstone:
no we can't move on just yet. You lost ur mom but ur father remained there. He didn't lose his parents to death but they abandoned him, which is a worse thing.
which father? When you don't know someone, you shouldn't assume things of them.

He was abandoned indeed, na only am dem abandon? Oya go and wipe his tears if you feel for him so much, sympathizer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iamdynamite(m): 1:38pm On Nov 17, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Chaaaiiiii.... Didnt expect this line... Bro.. You killed it... The laugh that left me eh... Chaaiiii..

NB: You even forgot 1994... Loolll

you forgot to add 1994
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:18pm On Nov 17, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

Chelsea: It's either Marseille or China for Mikel

According to Le10Sport, Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel will leave the club in January with his likely destination to be Marseille. New boss Rudi Garcia is anxious for reinforcements as he tries to rescue a failing season and the 29-year-old Nigerian is top of his current shopping list.

There is however, reported to be competition
from China were the player would be guaranteed an annual salary of almost €4 million, matching that what he currently earns at Stamford Bridge.

Mikel has been with the West London club for 10 years but under new coach Antonio Conte, has slipped down the pecking order. The Italian
tactician has made no secret of the fact that he
would like to off-load players that he feels are
surplus to requirement and the Nigerian
international falls into this category.

During his time in England, Mikel has won two
Premier League titles, a Champions League,
four FA Cups, etc.

He also won a Bronze Medal with his country in the 2016 Rio Olympics Football Tournament.

Source: http://m.calciomercato.com/en/news/chelsea-mikel-between-marseille-and-china-73511

I hope the Marseille deal for Mikel sails through because of Rudi Garcia. He coaches a beautiful brand of football and Mikel will make a nice fit. Garcia also brought Enyeama to Lille and did a good job developing Gervinho. He has a good history with African players. Wish the Super Eagles Odogwu the best.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:25pm On Nov 17, 2016
jotey:
musa case different from ejaria own na

ejaria is on verge of breaking into Liverpool's starting xi

musa na bench warmer na
4th choice 4 dat matter

Wow so who will he bench to get in that 11? He is squad player just like Musa the difference is the amount of games in England which leaves room for squad players to get more chances.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 2:40pm On Nov 17, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Wow so who will he bench to get in that 11? He is squad player just like Musa the difference is the amount of games in England which leaves room for squad players to get more chances.
watch and see na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 3:05pm On Nov 17, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Looks like you've not watched Ejaria before. Before he got injured in pre-season, he was a super starter in the team. Klopp was always praising him and was looking forward to his wonders during the season. The injury cut the hopes. The only reason he's not a sure starter now is because the team is playing very well, but even at that Klopp is intentionally blending him in. Klopp rates him very highly in that squad, watch his pre-season videos to discover why.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:27pm On Nov 17, 2016
joseph1013:

Looks like you've not watched Ejaria before. Before he got injured in pre-season, he was a super starter in the team. Klopp was always praising him and was looking forward to his wonders during the season. The injury cut the hopes. The only reason he's not a sure starter now is because the team is playing very well, but even at that Klopp is intentionally blending him in. Klopp rates him very highly in that squad, watch his pre-season videos to discover why.

I saw the back heel in his last match. The boy is a player i have nothing against him but we also have good players thats all i'm saying.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 3:58pm On Nov 17, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

I saw the back heel in his last match. The boy is a player i have nothing against him but we also have good players thats all i'm saying.
if not for the injury he had dduring pre season we won't be having this argument
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 4:00pm On Nov 17, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

did you watch the match he played against Tottenham in the efl cup?

the guy is pure class
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:28pm On Nov 17, 2016
Ejaria is very promising but I do not think he is ready to break into the Liverpool Starting Eleven. Kevin Stewart was the breakthrough star of the preseason, closely followed by Ejaria. Yet, Stewart has not broken through, let alone Ejaria. Ejaria is a promising star but needs time to break in.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:43pm On Nov 17, 2016
Rohr’s Effect: Super Eagles Jersey Sales Surpass That Of Man United In Nigerian Shops

The current on field success of the Super Eagles of Nigeria has brought about an increase in the demand for jersey of the team, according to re-known shirt selling shop Just Jersey.

In Nigeria fans are more inclined towards buying shirts of their favourite foreign teams than that of the national team but it appears all of that has changed following the recent fine run of the Super Eagles.

CEO of Just Jersey Chika Ezeanagu told
Owngoalnigeria.com that he has witnessed an
increase in the sale of Super Eagles shirts, the last two months following the positive results
recorded by the team in the month under review.

”I recently ordered for 2,000 Super Eagles jersey from the manufacturers after the new design was unveiled, as I speak with you now I have ordered for another 5,000 more. I sold over 2,000 in three weeks, he told Owngoalnigeria.com

”Generally people still patronise the shirts of
foreign teams but presently the sales of Nigerian
jersey has eclipsed that of Manchester United.
The 2,000 pieces we bought has only moved
1,000 buyers, while that of Nigeria has witnessed 7,000 buyers in same month.

”Progress for the Super Eagles is good business
for us, no matter how Nigerians complain they
still love the team, all they want is few good
results”.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/17/rohrs-effect-super-eagles-jersey-sales-surpass-that-of-man-united-in-nigerian-shops/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:47pm On Nov 17, 2016
Super Eagles Right Full Back Crisis: Sunderland & Crystal Palace Target Tobi Could Be An Option

As coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot
Rohr continue his search for options at right back, 20 year old Nigerian right full back Tobi Adebayo-Rowling could be an option.

Presently Nigeria have used four right full backs in three games since Rohr took over as coach, with the manager openly confessing his search for more options, but Tobi could be his man
especially if he moves to the English Premier
League as speculated.

According to The Sun, Crystal Palace and
Sunderland are both interested in signing Sligo
Rovers full back Tobi Adebayo-Rowling.

Adebayo-Rowling was on the books at Brighton
and Hove Albion but spent just 12 months with
the Seagulls before dropping into non-league with Eastbourne Borough in 2013.

His performances for Eastbourne triggered
Football League interest, and it was Peterborough who signed him in March 2015, reuniting with former Brighton youth team boss Dave Robertson.

After just five appearances for the Posh, Adebayo-Rowling was on the move again, as he sealed a move to Sligo Rovers on deadline day in February– again linking up with Robertson, who had been appointed manager of the Irish club.

It now appears that Adebayo-Rowling has
impressed in Ireland, as The Sun report that
Premier League sides Crystal Palace and
Sunderland are both interested in signing the
right back having recently scouted him.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/17/super-eagles-right-full-back-crisis-sunderland-crystal-palace-target-tobi-could-be-an-option/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:49pm On Nov 17, 2016
aadvark:
lol, Dele no kuku grow 4 naija so e no strong like Etebo.

But seriously, the way FIFA is bent on marrying us with Argentina at every world cup, i too wont be surprised to find them in our group even if they don't qualify, lol. 2002, 2010, 2014, three consecutive world cups, Argentina just dey follow us upandan. Haba! na only dem waka come?

That marriage started from 1994.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:50pm On Nov 17, 2016
These are some of the things African players face in Europe, Read this on Twitter from BBC journalist Oluwashina Okeleji
@oluwashina:

[b]Next set of tweets/videos will be exposing the atrocious behaviour of Portuguese club #Boavista & their treatment of two Nigerian players.

#Boavista: The new slave camp

Nigeria World Cup strikers Uche Nwofor & Micheal Uchebo have accused Boavista of treating them 'like a slave'

The players refused a pay cut at the start of 2016/17 season. #Boavista president then gave instruction for them to be COMPLETELY ISOLATED..

To add insult to injury, they're barred from the club's training ground, shunned at team gatherings - & isolated from the rest of the squad.

Fifa rules states that a player must NOT train in isolation. But #Boavista made them train without a trainer, doctor & a Physio. #violation

When Uchebo and Nwofor attempted to use the club facilities, securities acting on the order of the #Boavista president pushed them out.

Uchebo has gone unpaid for months & banished from the training facilities since July. Him: "I asked #Boavista why? They won't say a word."

To save his career Nwofor agreed to terminate his contract in Sept but #Boavista boss Alvaro Braga has failed to pay his €110k compensation.

Nwofor's handlers & Fifpro discovered that #Boavista misled the league body by registering the termination but without the compensation.

Deadline for payment of €110k has elapsed & #Boavista have refused to pay. Nwofor has since tried to contact them but they've ignored his calls.

One of the players reps Kobe Benson told me: The club #Boavista is a notoriously dishonest side with no respect for FIFA rules/regulations."

Benson: "No options but to report them to the authorities. With the amount of evidence, I have no doubt that they will be punished severely"

Benson also added that the club will be made to pay the full value of Uchebo's remaining contract and Nwofor's agreed compensation."

Nwofor on Boavista: "They are gangsters. They force you to reduce salary or force you out. In the Netherlands & belgium, these cruel things don't happen."

Portuguese league body allows #Boavista to get away with such deplorable acts & allow them sign players even though they owe Nwofor & Uchebo

The club was punished & relegated in 2008 by the league body for gross misconduct. It appears that punishment did nothing to change them.

I spoke to club administrator Diogo Braga about this situation few months back. He requested I sent an email. He never replied or text back.

There are more damning videos detailing several atrocious behaviour by #Boavista in breach of @FIFAcom rules. I'll share when I get 'em.

[/b]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:57pm On Nov 17, 2016
Ejaria, Yahaya and K. Nwakali are all fantastic youngsters. I would want to add into that pool Ifeanyi Mathew and Obinna Nwobodo.

Similar as their roles may be each player is a star in his own way.

However, based on level of exposure and training I feel Ejaria has the slight edge.

However also, Yahaya and Nwakali are IMO more talented than Ejaria.

Mathew and Nwobodo too can do great things if given the necessary training and club exposure.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:00pm On Nov 17, 2016
Emma Ado: Gernot Rohr Is Profiting From The Hard Work Of Ex Super Eagles Coach Stephen Keshi

Emma Addo, the agent to late Super Eagles
coach Stephen Keshi says new manager of the
team Gernot Rohr is currently enjoying success,
thanks to the blue print of the former Super
Eagles coach.

Rohr has won all of the three games he has
handled Nigeria as coach, beating Tanzania 1-0
before following it up with wins against Zambia
(2-1) and Algeria (3-1).

”I am very happy that Rohr has picked up the
blue print of my brother and client Stephen
Keshi, you look at the team only Iwobi and
Iheanacho didn’t make their debut under Keshi.
The team has Keshi written all over it”. He told
Owngoalnigeria.com.

”The central defence pair of Leon Balogun and
William Troost Ekong that is now famously called
“Oyibo Wall”, was a creation of Keshi, he gave
both men their debut for the national team.

”Other coaches took over the team and tried to
give it a new identity but Rohr is building on what he met on ground, that was the secret of Keshi’s success with the national team”.

Keshi who led Nigeria to AFCON 2013 glory died
after a cardiac arrest this year was sacked as
coach of the Nigerian team for allegedly applying for a coaching job, while still in charge of the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/17/emma-ado-gernot-rohr-is-profiting-from-the-hard-work-of-ex-super-eagles-coach-stephen-keshi/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:32pm On Nov 17, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Emma Ado: Gernot Rohr Is Profiting From The Hard Work Of Ex Super Eagles Coach Stephen Keshi

Emma Addo, the agent to late Super Eagles
coach Stephen Keshi says new manager of the
team Gernot Rohr is currently enjoying success,
thanks to the blue print of the former Super
Eagles coach.

Rohr has won all of the three games he has
handled Nigeria as coach, beating Tanzania 1-0
before following it up with wins against Zambia
(2-1) and Algeria (3-1).

”I am very happy that Rohr has picked up the
blue print of my brother and client Stephen
Keshi, you look at the team only Iwobi and
Iheanacho didn’t make their debut under Keshi.
The team has Keshi written all over it”. He told
Owngoalnigeria.com.

”The central defence pair of Leon Balogun and
William Troost Ekong that is now famously called
“Oyibo Wall”, was a creation of Keshi, he gave
both men their debut for the national team.

”Other coaches took over the team and tried to
give it a new identity but Rohr is building on what he met on ground, that was the secret of Keshi’s success with the national team”.

Keshi who led Nigeria to AFCON 2013 glory died
after a cardiac arrest this year was sacked as
coach of the Nigerian team for allegedly applying for a coaching job, while still in charge of the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/17/emma-ado-gernot-rohr-is-profiting-from-the-hard-work-of-ex-super-eagles-coach-stephen-keshi/

Emma Ado should go sit down somewhere.

Rohr has done what our prevoius coaches have refused to do. I.e selecting the best available for each game.

Keshi was busy fighting with Moses and resurrecting Sola Ameobi's career. He also killed Sunday Mba's career.

Siasia own na wahala with Osaze. The other time too he dropped Enyeama and played Ayenugba only for Guinea to ensure his sack.

Oliseh too no wan see Enyeama.Oliseh prefared to play Paul Onobi ahead of Mikel .He also snubbed Aluko jst bc he was in 2nd division and forced Sylvester Igboun down our throat

Just look at the way Rohr handled that V. Moses' injury case. If na Oliseh or Keshi dey for don suspend the guy in a bid to "instill discipline in the team".

Imaging Oliseh appointing Musa as captain while Enyeama and Mikel were in the team just in a bid to spite the "big boys".

Siasia own na to dey field "his boys" upandan for team.

There is nothing so special about being a national team coach. Just select the right players and instill a good team atmosphere and u will get the results.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 7:38pm On Nov 17, 2016
Icon4s:

Emma Ado should go sit down somewhere.

Rohr has done what our prevoius coaches have refused to do. I.e selecting the best available for each game.

Keshi was busy fighting with Moses and resurrecting Sola Ameobi's career. He also killed Sunday Mba's career.

Siasia own na wahala with Osaze. The other time too he dropped Enyeama and played Ayenugba only for Guinea to ensure his sack.

Oliseh too no wan see Enyeama.Oliseh prefared to play Paul Onobi ahead of Mikel .He also snubbed Aluko jst bc he was in 2nd division and forced Sylvester Igboun down our throat

Just look at the way Rohr handled that V. Moses' injury case. If na Oliseh or Keshi dey for don suspend the guy in a bid to "instill discipline in the team".

Imaging Oliseh appointing Musa as captain while Enyeama and Mikel were in the team just in a bid to spite the "big boys".

Siasia own na to dey field "his boys" upandan for team.

There is nothing so special about being a national team coach. Just select the right players and instill a good team atmosphere and u will get the results.

Oga, you no even chill at all. You pick them one by one serve them beating grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.