Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3506) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11665797 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3503) (3504) (3505) (3506) (3507) (3508) (3509) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:09pm On May 12, 2018
tbaba1234:

Our goalscorer...

Let us not start opening can of worms...

It beats me when arguments here on age cheating gets to the point where they say you must proof it that a player is an age cheat or hold your peace.

That's like saying that unless you have proof of corruption in Nigeria forever hold your peace.

Let's stop creating a hide out for age cheats. My assumption is that most Nigerian players( 98%) are age cheats. In our heart of hearts we know how this things pan out. Until we have proper records(and why not, when we now have crop of players born in the 80's through to the 90's). I swear if I am a coach if you don't have birth certificate nothing for you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:10pm On May 12, 2018
Mujtahida:

It beats me when arguments here on age cheating gets to the point where they say you must proof it that a player is an age cheat or hold your peace.

That's like saying that unless you have proof of corruption in Nigeria forever hold your peace.

Let's stop creating a hide out for age cheats. My assumption is that most Nigerian players( 98%) are age cheats. In our heart of hearts we know how this things pan out. Until we have proper records(and why not, when we now have crop of players born in the 80's through to the 90's). I swear if I am a coach if you don't have birth certificate nothing for you.

The man graduated Kwara Poly in 2013..

We are in 2018..

Let us say, he graduated at 19. He will be at least 24 now... This is minimum..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:12pm On May 12, 2018
tbaba1234:

All of my siblings entered university at 14/15/16... My immediate younger sister was out of school by 19 and she studied law, a 5 year course.

This is not the case here.

Hmmm tbaba1234 and age?first one need to find out if the guy truly graduated from Kwara poly and what year and may be he already had his NYSC.

I think with this his true age would be ascertained.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:14pm On May 12, 2018
tbaba1234:

The man graduated from Kwara Poly in 2013..

We are in 2018..

Let us say, he graduated at 19. He will be 24 now... This is minimum..
2013 wahala dey o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:14pm On May 12, 2018
Kog45:
Hmmm tbaba1234 and age?first one need to find out if the guy truly graduated from Kwara poly and what year and may be he already had his NYSC.

I think with this his true age would be ascertained.

He graduated Kwara Poly in 2013... Add 5 years
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:18pm On May 12, 2018
Hertha 2-6 Liebzig
Torunarigha & Lookman’s WhoScored Stats

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:18pm On May 12, 2018
tbaba1234:

The man graduated from Kwara Poly in 2013..

We are in 2018..

Let us say, he graduated at 19. He will be 24 now... This is minimum..
You are innocent until proven guilty but because of our notoriety in age cheating, lies, deception and grand corruption, I'd turn that principle on its head and say our players are guilty until proven innocent. That's my position. I will not go and look for any evidence to prove that a player is over age. He should go and look for evidence to prove that he is under age. This is the counter current position we need to take to weed out this trend. So long as we keep saying in the absence of evidence mum should be the word, age cheats will continue to thrive. How can you ask me to prove the age of a man? Na me born am? He should prove his age. Mine is to scrutinise him to the hilt. Once you cannot furnish birth certificate you are out!!

This is not 1960 for God sakes. Even as bad as our record keeping is, this things can be verified.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 8:19pm On May 12, 2018
Pls what's final score of flying eagles match today
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:21pm On May 12, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Its not everything we should emulate from the Americans

smiles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:21pm On May 12, 2018
Mujtahida:

You are innocent until proven guilty but because of our notoriety in age cheating, lies, deception and grand corruption, I'd turn that principle on its head and say our players are guilty until proven innocent. That's my position. I will not go and look for any evidence to prove that a player is over age. He should go and look for evidence to prove that he is under age. This is the counter current position we need to take to weed out this trend. So long as we keep saying in the absence of evidence mum should be the word, age cheats will continue to thrive. How can you ask me to prove the age of a man? Na me born am? He should prove his age. Mine is to scrutinise him to the hilt. Once you cannot furnish birth certificate you are out!!

This is not 1960 for God sakes. Even as bad as our record keeping is, this things can be verified.

Go to his facebook page.. It is clearly in his profile. He has not changed it yet.

I got the information from someone who knew him personally but i just checked his facebook now and it is all there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 12, 2018
Kog45:
Thank you.I think this age of a thing is being exaggerated.

I'm one of the old school here and finished secondary school at 16 marked my 16 years birthday during my WAEC and i have a friend who did 5 years course and graduated at 20 in 1992.

I have said it here that a friend was in Japan 93 camp at 16 and his real age,so we still have them young doing it.
Was that friend the captain by any chance?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:22pm On May 12, 2018
He fit don knack 30 sef grin

Kog45:
2013 wahala dey o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 12, 2018
tbaba1234:

All of my siblings entered university at 14/15/16... My immediate younger sister was out of school by 19 and she studied law, a 5 year course.

This is not the case here.

Impressive honestly but what of you. Abi u wrote waec at age 19?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:25pm On May 12, 2018
Joebie:
He fit don knack 30 sef grin

And he is playing under 20
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:26pm On May 12, 2018
Taliban:

Impressive honestly but what of you. Abi u wrote waec at age 19?

I was the egbon.. I entered University at 17.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:33pm On May 12, 2018
tbaba1234:

Go to his facebook page.. It is clearly in his profile. He has not changed it yet.

I got the information from someone who knew him personally but i just checked his facebook now and it is all there.
You see, even you that is not the coach you checking this up. We want it to be this way, that's why it's this way.

When we were in the University a friend and colleague of mine made a deeply philosophical statement: a society makes the harshest law in the area of its greatest weakness. We are the most corrupt nation on earth, yet we have the weakest laws regarding corruption. Forget EFCC. If I were to be the President of Nigeria one of the first institutions I will work to disband is EFCC. It's useless, it's corrupt.

Until we are ready to do like China, all na wash and a mere chasing after the wind. My point is that we must have a strict policy of no birth certificate, no selection. Chikena
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:35pm On May 12, 2018
Mujtahida:

You see, even you that is not the coach you checking this up. We want it to be this way, that's why it's this way.

When we were in the University a friend and colleague of mine made a deeply philosophical statement: a society makes the harshest law in the area of its greatest weakness. We are the most corrupt nation on earth, yet we have the weakest laws regarding corruption. Forget EFCC. If I were to be the President of Nigeria one of the first institutions I will work to disband is EFCC. It's useless, it's corrupt.

Until we are ready to do like China, all na wash and a mere chasing after the wind. My point is that we must have a strict policy of no birth certificate, no selection. Chikena
you're talking as if birth certificate can't be back dated...

the NPC office is just one among the corrupt agencies in nigeria...
so anything is possible in this country.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:36pm On May 12, 2018
Kai but Beckham sabi cross ball and score free kicks . Chai, see curlers, see swingers, see benders
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:37pm On May 12, 2018
Humility017:

you're talking as if birth certificate can't be back dated...

the NPC office is just one among the corrupt agencies in nigeria...
so anything is possible in this country.
My guy you are so right. But at least let's start from there.
With social media we can always compare the birth certificate with some other circumstantial evidence. No be to dey use my mama born me during Buhari regime. And when I now say such a player is over age,they will say I should prove it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:37pm On May 12, 2018
tbaba1234:

And he is playing under 20
and still they could not wallop the Africa side they played...
I am not expecting much from this team...because starting from the coach down to the players they're scams...
the coach know this....things but they choose to ignore it... it is so unfortunate for many years to come we will keep relying and begging foreign born players to bail us out when football need arises.... all because we fail to do things right in the cadet team level.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:48pm On May 12, 2018
Mujtahida:

With social media we can always compare the birth certificate with some other circumstantial evidence. No be to dey use my mama born during Buhari regime.
those guys you see all have birth certificate....
you see we need use common sense...
you can hardly find a true 18 years old playing in the npfl
any player who claim to be 18-19 and have played in the npfl for close to 2-3 years is a LIAR...
quote me anywhere...
I once attended to a customer who is a footballer in one of Nigeria league clubs... I was surprised his profile on our data base carried a different age... on his international passport...he gave me 3 different birth date... the least being on his international passport...he knows the 3 birth dates well.
a distant relative I know well older than I am still below 20 on his international passport he is a footballer...he sure went for under 17 trials sometime ago....

Nigeria mata tire me...the followers are as corrupt as their leaders...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:01pm On May 12, 2018
Ademola Lookman leaves Europa League-bound RB Leipzig with classic statement
By Taiye Taiwo

The 20-year-old finished his temporary stay with a bang and could see the Bulls scampering for a permanent deal in the summer

Ademola Lookman delivered a top-notch display as RB Leipzig thrashed hosts Hertha Berlin 6-2 in Saturday's Bundesliga encounter.

In what could be his final game for the Bulls, the on-loan Everton put up a performance that could see Leipzig push further for a permanent deal.

The diminutive winger starred with a goal and two assists.
Dayot Upamecano opened the scoring at the Olympiastadion two minutes into the encounter but Vedad Ibisevic drew the hosts levelled moments later.

Lookman helped Ralph Hasenhüttl's side regain the lead in the eighth minute after cutting in from the left to score. The youngster later assisted Jean Augustin for his side's third goal before the interval.
After the restart, Timo Werner and Jean Augustin, off a Lookman assist - stretched the lead in the 49th and 54th minutes respectively.

In the 64th minute, Salomon Kalou pulled a goal back for the Old Lady with his 12th league goal of the season but was not enough to inspire a comeback.

There was time for Bruma to score the sixth as RB Leipzig finished sixth in the Bundesliga table to secure their spot in the Uefa Europa League with 53 points from 34 games.

Guinea midfielder Naby Keita played his last game for the Bulls before his switch to Liverpool in the summer. And with the huge win on Saturday signalling the end of his loan deal, Lookman is expected back at the other side of Merseyside with Everton.

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/ademola-lookman-leaves-europa-league-bound-rb-leipzig-with/1a4orpitjhf8d1121knchbcnq2

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 32 days 18 hours 58 mins to go

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:08pm On May 12, 2018
Mujtahida:

With social media we can always compare the birth certificate with some other circumstantial evidence. No be to dey use my mama born me during Buhari regime. And when I now say such a player is over age,they will say I should prove it.

I remember an acquaintance (23/24 at the time) who dropped out school to play football in Malaysia. He took off 6/7 years off and claimed to be 17.

It is a real problem.. Immediately, the scorer was posted by icon4s... I did not know whether to rejoice or be sad because the man is already at his peak now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:17pm On May 12, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Ademola Lookman leaves Europa League-bound RB Leipzig with classic statement
By Taiye Taiwo

The 20-year-old finished his temporary stay with a bang and could see the Bulls scampering for a permanent deal in the summer

Ademola Lookman delivered a top-notch display as RB Leipzig thrashed hosts Hertha Berlin 6-2 in Saturday's Bundesliga encounter.

In what could be his final game for the Bulls, the on-loan Everton put up a performance that could see Leipzig push further for a permanent deal.

The diminutive winger starred with a goal and two assists.
Dayot Upamecano opened the scoring at the Olympiastadion two minutes into the encounter but Vedad Ibisevic drew the hosts levelled moments later.

Lookman helped Ralph Hasenhüttl's side regain the lead in the eighth minute after cutting in from the left to score. The youngster later assisted Jean Augustin for his side's third goal before the interval.
After the restart, Timo Werner and Jean Augustin, off a Lookman assist - stretched the lead in the 49th and 54th minutes respectively.

In the 64th minute, Salomon Kalou pulled a goal back for the Old Lady with his 12th league goal of the season but was not enough to inspire a comeback.

There was time for Bruma to score the sixth as RB Leipzig finished sixth in the Bundesliga table to secure their spot in the Uefa Europa League with 53 points from 34 games.

Guinea midfielder Naby Keita played his last game for the Bulls before his switch to Liverpool in the summer. And with the huge win on Saturday signalling the end of his loan deal, Lookman is expected back at the other side of Merseyside with Everton.

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/ademola-lookman-leaves-europa-league-bound-rb-leipzig-with/1a4orpitjhf8d1121knchbcnq2

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 32 days 18 hours 58 mins to go
let's try get this lad play for us....
over to rohr...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:21pm On May 12, 2018
This age cheating canker worm just won't die.... this is why my focus in this new Nigerian generation of footballers are on the ones who came from the U-17s from 2013 till now and beyond... they are the major crop that have my keenest attention because they have passed through Rigorous MRI testing and have been proven young and truly kids.

Also the Foreign-borns of Nigerian blood and the foreign-bred Nigerians whose DOB cannot be questioned have my attention too... the likes of Ekong, Idowu, Ebere Eze, And many more still to come... also not forgetting Iwobi, Victor Moses, and co....

The likes of Iheanacho, Ndidi, Yahaya, Awoniyi, Osimhen, Chukwueze, Etc etc from the U-17 Classes of 2013 and 2015...

These lads and others like them are my focus when it comes to our Nigerian football future.... I really don't want to dwell much on this but my eyes are truly with our "realest hopes" of a bright football future in this rising generation... and not on some bunch of Old papa youngie wannabes...

We have the age cheats but in the midst of this age cheating darkness we still have the light that still shines... the same light that gave us the likes of Iwobi, Iheanacho, Ndidi, Uzoho and will give us many many more...

Our U-17 program is much more important to me than our U-20 program... because at U-17, we can really get the young ones with MRI... but MRI cannot work at U-20 level...so lots of players can cheat their way through like having consecutive home runs in the world series or touchdowns in the american super bowl.

Enough of the deceit... we need genuine Future prospects NOT one age grade "Cheating" wonder that dies out in three or four years...

Anyway, I will only keep posting news on the U-20s (just to keep fulfilling all righteousness)... and I hope to see the genuinely young ones among them that are expected to join later like Chukwkueze and co get into the mix and gtpw from there into our national teams. For the others (the overaged.. I hold no such hopes).

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:22pm On May 12, 2018
Not going to bother following our U20 team sef. This Paul Aigbogun guy is a clown. I remember someone on here saying he doesn't bother following Nigerian youth teams because he knows at least over 50 percent of them are overage and it doesn't give a glimpse of what to come. I think I'll start doing that. U23 and Super eagles only.
Had so much hope for this team...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:26pm On May 12, 2018
ChrisKels:
Paul Aigbogun is a joke
I despise the mofo. Finidi should've been given this job. I'm tired of this nonsense. 2018 and this issue of age cheating isn't at its minimum.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 9:38pm On May 12, 2018
tbaba1234:

The man graduated Kwara Poly in 2013..

We are in 2018..

Let us say, he graduated at 19. He will be at least 24 now... This is minimum..
Bros, dat man is more than 24 sef. He graduated from secondary school in 2006 and Kwara poly 2013. Dat man will b between 28 and 30 on a serious note.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:41pm On May 12, 2018
Toylove:

Bros, dat man is more than 24 sef. He graduated from secondary school in 2006 and Kwara poly 2013. Dat man will b between 28 and 30 on a serious note.

Obviously..

In 5 years time, his career will be over
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 9:46pm On May 12, 2018
tbaba1234:

Obviously..

In 5 years time, his career will be over
Choi
People wicked o,
Em no even get small conscience.....very sad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:49pm On May 12, 2018
Lukas Nmecha

Man City Prodigy Of Nigerian Descent Shortlisted For Premier League 2 POTY Award

Talented Manchester City striker of Nigerian descent Lukas Nmecha is in the running for the Premier League 2 best player of the season award.

The German-born starlet is set to be rewarded for a sensational breakout season with the Citizens which saw him earn promotion from the youth ranks to play for Pep Guardiola's senior team, tallying 20 goals from 16 games for City's youth teams.

Following the information on the official Premier League website, the 19-year old is nominated alongside other star performers : Stoke City's Tyrese Campbell, Aston Villa's Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, Arsenal duo of Reiss Nelson and Eddie Nketiah, Blackburn Rovers Joseph Nuttall and Liverpool's Harry Wilson

Nmecha who made two topflight appearances this term scored three hat-tricks along the way in the youth ranks while finishing his season for the U23s with a double against Tottenham Hotspur as Simon Davies wards finished sixth in the PL 2 Division 1 standings.

These are signs of good things to come for the youngster who is highly-rated at the Etihad Stadium and is expected to feature more prominently for the club when they embark on retaining their topflight title next season.

A seasoned English youth international though, he is still eligible to represent any of the Nigerian teams through his parentage ties.

**Emmanuel Chinaza
Photo Credit : twitter.com/LukasNmecha

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=27711

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 32 days 18 hours 10 mins to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:51pm On May 12, 2018
Kog45:
Honestly am okay with Kayode or Oyekwuru but with Musa,Simeon,Moses and Alex in the team i don't see Oyekwuru making it especially he is just coming back from injury.I see Kayode as third striker behind Ighalo and Iheanacho.

Nevertheless the third striker position is open for grab and i will not be surprised seeing players like Sadiq,Simmy and Onuachu gatecrashed.
I concur with you on Onyekuru. And I don't see Simmy or other outside players making the squad realistically speaking.

So the 3-5-2 you hope we utilize?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3503) (3504) (3505) (3506) (3507) (3508) (3509) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: JayromWrites and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.