Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3509) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11705598 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3506) (3507) (3508) (3509) (3510) (3511) (3512) ... (16160) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:01pm On May 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
I have no fears for the U-17 team. With MRI on ground, FIFA standards must be met. There is no other way to dribble past that. So we will definitely produce more genuine talents like the Iheanachos, Ndidis, Yahayas, and more.....

But with the U-20s, their international passports is what they need and some supporting documents and they are good to go... That is why cheating at that level is super huge. Sadly MRI cannot function with the U-20s because it only detects the growth and closure of epiphyseal plates for kids(teens) between ages 14/15-18.

The U-20s is just what it is... That is why it is best monitored when we progress the core of our U-17 side (already tested thru MRI) and beef them up with some genuinely young but more experienced professional lads likely from abroad and NOT from the NPFL where cheating reigns as King.

you see many don't reason like you....especially those in the nff reason for appointing someone like Paul agbogun as coach...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 1:02pm On May 13, 2018
Uzoho with an assist.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:04pm On May 13, 2018
Humility017:

Dear and why didn't you have the certificate?
what happened...?
I thought it was supposed to be like ssce for those living primary school...

i will try research on what you just exposed...though.

good afternoon...and how is your day going?
I left school in Primary 4. I only did 3rd term in that school sef, so, I did not have any educational history with them.

I wrote common entrance in another school, Primary school certificate is not WAEC, you don't need it to write common entrance, so, wetin I dey use am do? I think my younger brother is the only one with that certificate in my house, the rest of us did not get it.

Is it school that I only did one term that will now give me certificate? Y'all would have even said JSCE, that one can be gotten, at least you need it to enter Senior Secondary

My day just dey grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:07pm On May 13, 2018
safarigirl:
I left school in Primary 4. I only did 3rd term in that school sef, so, I did not have any educational history with them.

I wrote common entrance in another school, Primary school certificate is not WAEC, you don't need it to write common entrance, so, wetin I dey use am do? I think my younger brother is the only one with that certificate in my house, the rest of us did not get it.

Is it school that I only did one term that will now give me certificate? Y'all would have even said JSCE, that one can be gotten, at least you need it to enter Senior Secondary

My day just dey grin
okay...now i see...
I think many private schools rarely ask for it...when moving to junior secondary school...
I wanted leave my secondary school prior the last year...but i had to wait at the instance of my Dad just because of that primary school leaving certificate...
it was so annoying then...but being that I came out with a distinction that later made me happy...
my friend that left prior the final year... we still meet in the same university...and we even entered same time...

well thanks for your clarification
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:08pm On May 13, 2018
That is exactly my point. Ndidi and co that initially passed and later failed means they were kinda at grade 5 in the MRI classification checks after they were certified "passed" but in several months' time (like in six months or more), they moved up to Grade 6 and at grade 6, that kid is considered "not U-17" meaning he could be 18 or 19. So them failing eventually means they fall into the bracket of + or - 2 years off 17yrs for which the MRI detects as regards to when their epiphyseal plates of the left wrist closes or fuses.

In a nutshell, they are still genuinely young chaps. because the fact remains that they passed the MRI screening before. Only that they did so on a higher grade than others who fell between Grades 1-4 kinda.

Humility017:

even at that....from.your first paragraph...it means ndidi and co despite failing the MRI..they still fall.within the age bracket...

if these old men paraded yesterday...we're within the age of 18-22 years it won't be too bad... but parading a player who is close to his 30s... is being foolish... because such will tell.in the Longrun

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:09pm On May 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

That is exactly my point. Ndidi and co that initially passed and later failed means they were kinda at grade 5 in the MRI classification checks after they were certified "passed" but in several months' time (like in six months or more), they moved up to Grade 6 and at grade 6, that kid is considered "not U-17" meaning he could be 18 or 19. So them failing eventually means they fall into the bracket of + or - 2 years off 17yrs for which the MRI detects as regards to when their epiphyseal plates of the left wrist closes or fuses.

In a nutshell, they are still genuinely young chaps. because the fact remains that they passed the MRI screening before. Only that they did so on a higher grade than others who fell between Grades 1-4 kinda.

exactly bro....

we can only get genuine under 20 from our academics and not the npfl... when scouting for under 23 we look towards the npfl...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 13, 2018
safarigirl:
I don't care about the players or their own age cheat wahala. They will all fade into oblivion once they fail to qualify for U20 World Cup, which is certain, so, I couldn't be less concerned about the entire sham that is the U20 team

I am just stating that requesting for a primary school certificate in this day and age is unrealistic. Many people below 25 can't provide that because they never graduated from primary school.

Like I mentioned earlier even some people close to their 40s do not have it. One of my elder sisters who is her 40s skipped pry 6 so no certificate. I didn't skip pry 6 but for some strange reasons I don't even have it probably I didn't go back to ask my primary school. 28 years later can I still get it, obviously no. But this age cheating for sports no good oh. On the long run, not the best. But on the flip side, some people's chance out of poverty is falsifying their age o. If some of our big players had not, not mentioning any names they would still be swimming in poverty. Somebody that played for Julius Berger, Okomu Oil for a couple of years and was still 21. I had friends that the only chance of getting a good job in 9ja was to change their age so as to be less than 25. Very brilliant guys then but cause of endless ASUU strikes and poor backgrounds were 27, 28 when they graduated and coys then only wanted to employ people less than 25 or 26. I rest my case.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:20pm On May 13, 2018
Icon4s:

Wilfred Ndidi, Ifeanyi Mathew, Alhassan Ibrahim( Musuam) and 2 other players all failed the MRI on the eve on the CAF U17. Fact remains they failed the MRI.

We have all come to accept the fact that so many products of the U17 fail to progress in their careers and this failure starts right from the transnsition From U17 to U20.

Not all U17 graduates are good enough for the U20!

That is why I still give kudos to Manu's selection and criticize Amuneke's. Manu understands this fact and introduced some new blood into his team while still keeping some of his U17 boys who were really exceptional at The U17. But Amuneke kept almost his entire U17 team. Only 1 new player was added. And don't tell me there were no players outside that U17 crop that were good enough to Break into the team.
Sir this country is failing in sports generally not only in football and age falsification is one of the factor and the only way to address it is to go back to the drawing board.

Let's go back to history of U20 in summary in Nigeria.How it started and the pioneer of Fly eagles in Nigeria.

The maiden U 20 WC was in 1977 introduced by FIFA with the aim to produce talents for national teams but Nigeria fully participated in 1979 U20 WC qualifier with the likes of Stephen Keshi,Henry Nwosu who are in secondary school and failed to qualify,also missed 1981.

In 1983 we appeared in our first U20 WC and first FIFA major tournament with Raymond Best,Tajudeen Disu and Samson Siasia who was dropped cos he was writing his WAEC meaning he was in secondary school and later made 1985 with Andrew Uwe who was a student at University of Ife.In 1987 we have Adeolu Adekola a unilag student,Nosa Osadolor in university of Ife.

If you check the record very well,national sport festival, NUGA,NIPOGA,Principal cup,YOUSFON,Dallas cup,Dana cup which Nigeria normal participated every year are the games that produced bulk of our U17 and U20 and produced players for our leagues.

After Scotland 89 and Saudi 89,Nigeria was banned cos of data error on Samsoy Siasia,Andrew Uwe and Dahiru Sadi,we missed 1991 U17&20 and NFF failed to find alternative plan for players produced by various games.This created a wide gap of players succession.

We came back in 1993 after ban was lifted and this started massive in flux of NPFL players into our U17 and U20 teams,really surprised to see Kanu Nwankwo who i watched in 1991 against Ranchers bees playing for U17 and also Wilson Oruma of Bendel Insurance,Taribo West of IBWA in U20 with Emma Teberen.

Since 1993 it has been in our system to go for league players especially for U20.We don't care about university game again, NIPOGA games and YOUSFON was no longer funded as before,the yearly Dallas cup was off.Good to have league players but not old league players who have spent more than 3 years.

I think if player like Andrew Uwe,Nosa Osadolor,Adeolu Adekola,Victor Gbenebichie,Emma Olisadebe,Seyi Olofinjana,Gabriel Jigbale,Tunde Sanni,Olaolu Ashaolu can be find through university games then why NFF are no more concerned about present university games.

The bulk of our U17 are always from national sport festival,principal cups,YOUSFON games especially international youth games,no much league players until 1993.

If things can be done at least fairly in the 80s on age falsification cos Ikechuckwu Ofoje was dropped from 1987 U20 camp cos of age.He was even the captain but dropped due to his age record with YOUSFON.

Honestly things must change and to be having this discussion in 2018 on age falsification is pathetic and shameful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 1:26pm On May 13, 2018
Kog45:
Hmmmm what a great comment but you know what NFF love yes sir coach.

Hope you remember NFF and Keshi wahala,NFF and Siasia feud and NFF and Oliseh war,for God sake Finidi George is available but NFF went for Paul Aigbogun.

O PARI!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:30pm On May 13, 2018
Musa with a goal and an assist..

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:33pm On May 13, 2018
Premier league season finale!!

Iwobi,Moses and Iheanacho all start..

I predict at least 2 goals from the trio cool

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Farzat: 1:38pm On May 13, 2018
[quote author=Kog45 post=67502763]My 23 man list

Goalkeeper
1.Daniel Akpeyi

2.Ikechuckwu Ezenwa

3.Francis Uzoho

Defender

4.Leon Balogun

5.Ekong Troost

6.Kenneth Omeruo

7.Chiedozie Awaziem

8.Shehu Abdullahi

9.Bryan Idowu

10.Ebuehi Tyronne

11.Ola Aina

Midfielder

12.Mikel Obi

13.Wilfred Ndidi

14.Ogenyi Onazi

15.John Ogu

16.Oge Etebo

Attacker

17.Victor Moses

18.Odion Ighalo

19.Kelechi Iheanacho

20.Alex Iwobi

21. Simeon Moses

22.Ahmed Musa

23.Kayode Olarewaju.[/quote

Likely d final team list, though I wish it includes Joel Obi and Henry Onyekuru. Kayode is a better asset than Musa as he can also operate from d frank but i dont see Rhor droping Musa.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 1:39pm On May 13, 2018
Humility017:

thank you and just because the manu garba and amunuke teams wasn't successful someone is supporting the use of old men to play under 20...

the fact that a particular process didn't work doesn't mean it should be thrown to the dustbin... but rather polished and reemployed.... but today we are enjoying the dividends of manu garba transparency with players like ndidi, nancho and I am sure many like nwakali will join after the world cup...

Naso my brother.. It's not all about winning by all means, but for the future( " saving for the raining days"wink. Look at that Brazilian u17 team of 2009 that didn't even pass d group stage with young talents like; Neymar jr, Allison, Casemairo, Coutinho etc doing stupendously now.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:44pm On May 13, 2018
Bursaspor vs Trabzonspor
Ekonh returns to the starting XI alongside Shehu.. Onazi starts while Agu is on the bench..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:47pm On May 13, 2018
safarigirl:
most of us did not complete Primary school, so, where do we want to get primary school certificate from? You think people finishing Secondary School at 14 completed their primary education? undecided

That one is out of it. At least 50% of graduates today, do not have a primary school certificate
My pont is this primary school certificate is the easiest way to discover age falsification.

In the 80s and 90s you must be 16 years of age by October 1st before you can be admitted into university but i don't know the present criteria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 1:53pm On May 13, 2018
Ahmed Musa scored 1 and assist 1grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 1:58pm On May 13, 2018
Isahalbash:
Ahmed Musa scored 1 and assist 1grin

I am not deceived my Ahmed Musa new found form. Dude still suck in Eagles jersey. I will drop him and take Kayode.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 1:59pm On May 13, 2018
safarigirl:

My day just dey grin

Nnukwu nwanyi,kedu ka imelu ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 2:00pm On May 13, 2018
safarigirl:

My day just dey grin

Nawa o! Different strokes for different folks.. I was only asked " primary skul cert and waec result(s)" that, they don't need ssce cert for admission into the uni..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 2:02pm On May 13, 2018
[quote author=Farzat post=67523005][/quote]

Joel Obi is definitely going to the world cup and I will drop Etebor for him if he(Joel) if injury free
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 2:04pm On May 13, 2018
So, I am actually waiting for the 35 man provisional list. Daalu ni
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:07pm On May 13, 2018
Ekong returns, Shehu starts, Onazi Starts

Sebi I told you that Titi's red card meant an automatic return for Ekong as the Turkish league reaches its final laps. wink

So Ekong starts on the right of Central defence. While Shehu continues in his role at DM in a double pivot in Bursaspor's 4-2-3-1 formation in their on going game against Onazi's Trabzonspor.

Ahh yes.. Onazi also starts at the base of Midfield in a 4-1-4-1.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 2:10pm On May 13, 2018
Hibernian vs Rangers are playing basketballgrin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:10pm On May 13, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Joel Obi is definitely going to the world cup and I will drop Etebor for him if he(Joel) if injury free

Go and drop him na..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 2:12pm On May 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Ekong returns, Shehu starts, Onazi Starts

Sebi I told you that Titi's red card meant an automatic return for Ekong as the Turkish league reaches its final laps. wink

So Ekong starts on the right of Central defence. While Shehu continues in his role at DM in a double pivot in Bursaspor's 4-2-3-1 formation in their on going game against Onazi's Trabzonspor.

Ahh yes.. Onazi also starts at the base of Midfield in a 4-1-4-1.

Never completely sold on Shehu's right back position. A fit Ebuehi will outclass him and Awaziem will play tha DM better than him ,especially in ball control
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:12pm On May 13, 2018
Joel Obi on the bench as Torino tackles SPAL
Simmy Nwankwo starts for Crotone

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 2:14pm On May 13, 2018
Danielnino00:

Go and drop him na..

lol...Nna, nobi fight naa grin grin

Joel Obi is more established and certain about what he want to do with the ball,not over muscling or running like you are on your last stretch to heaven
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:17pm On May 13, 2018
Isahalbash:

Nawa o! Different strokes for different folks.. I was only asked " primary skul cert and waec result(s)" that, they don't need ssce cert for admission into the uni..
your waec is your ssce result undecided

Nobody asked for any primary school certificate when I got admission both in Unilag and Uniabuja undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:21pm On May 13, 2018
Kog45:
My pont is this primary school certificate is the easiest way to discover age falsification.

In the 80s and 90s you must be 16 years of age by October 1st before you can be admitted into university but i don't know the present criteria.
when I got admission to Unilag in 2010, they had the same requirement of 16 years, one girl was even rejected cuz of it. In uniabuja though, I saw 15 year olds who entered school

I guess that one differs according to school and maybe who sabi way.

Primary school might be the easiest, but it is quite unfair to many who don't have the certificate, so........
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:33pm On May 13, 2018
Simy "Longinus" Nwankwo strikes again!!!!! This time against Lazio... And Crotone are now playing 1-1 in the serie A.

His goal could be super crucial to their battle against the drop. They lie in 16th for now as it stands with this 1-1 scoreline.

On fire, he is... wink

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:34pm On May 13, 2018
Simmy nwankwo with a goal

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:35pm On May 13, 2018
safarigirl:
when I got admission to Unilag in 2010, they had the same requirement of 16 years, one girl was even rejected cuz of it. In uniabuja though, I saw 15 year olds who entered school

I guess that one differs according to school and maybe who sabi way.

Primary school might be the easiest, but it is quite unfair to many who don't have the certificate, so........
OK good i thought things have changed especially on 16 year of age requirement for university admission.

My son had the same primary education history as yours but i made sure he got his primary school certificate.

I know some don't have it especially Ajebutters like you but something good to have cos it unraveled so many things.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3506) (3507) (3508) (3509) (3510) (3511) (3512) ... (16160) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Abusule007, GMBOFASIA, daveP(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.