Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3508) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11704687 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3505) (3506) (3507) (3508) (3509) (3510) (3511) ... (16160) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:02am On May 13, 2018
Not just football, the whole coaching setup in Nigerian sports needs a shake up. Olympic games in 1992. Nigeria vs USA in boxing. The American boxer outclassed his Nigerian opponent in the first round. This was how the 2 coaches reacted:

American coach:"keep your jabs low, you're hurting him, you're hurting him, he opens up...boom, we got this"

Nigerian Coach: Kiloshele? Kiloshele? Kiloshele? Kiloshele? Kiloshele? Kiloshele?

14 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:14am On May 13, 2018
Truidstar:
Not just football, the whole coaching setup in Nigerian sports needs a shake up. Olympic games in 1992. Nigeria vs USA in boxing. The American boxer outclassed his Nigerian opponent in the first round. This was how the 2 coaches reacted:

American coach:"keep your jabs low, you're hurting him, you're hurting him, he opens up...boom, we got this"

Nigerian Coach: Kiloshele? Kiloshele? Kiloshele? Kiloshele? Kiloshele? Kiloshele?
the issue of hiring indigenous coaches for the national team...is a serious gamble that always prove fatal....
many rarely equipped themselves.... with modern day strategies and techniques.

the likes of finidi should have been employed for this job..... even siasia who still goes with professionals for under 20 team still know how to pick the right players in this age category...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:24am On May 13, 2018
Icon4s:

Any player who falsified his age should be dropped.
Simple and short. And not to condemn and disown the entire team.

Oga Icon, More than 50% and the coach knows that. He is only working for his pocket.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:38am On May 13, 2018
Nope... Ndidi passed the MRI tests also when it was also conducted from the very beginning of the assembling of that 2013 team. The tests was conducted at various months intervals and had to be done one final time before the CAF championships to really be certain that none of them fall outside the FIFA specifications and Ndidi fell short unfortunately. But he had been passing the tests. These MRI testings have grades of checks and it is possible that a kid who passed over a year ago may fail it just a month to even the World championships. It happens.

Icon4s:

Ndidi failed The MRI test but where is he today compared to those that passed the MRI?
Simon never went through the MRI cos he wasn't part of any U17 team. Both players have come out good for the Super Eagles. And I told you Etebo and Ajayi were available for selection but Manu for whatever reasons dropped them. They never went through the MRI but see where they are today. Sokari and Ifeanyi Mathew are not doing badly in their respective clubs.

Success Isaac went through The MRI likewise Musa Mohammed. How are they progressing? Where is Chiderah Ezeh, Akinjide Idowu, Zaharadeen Bello and co? Those players passed the MRI right? Iheanacho is the only player that passed The MRI currently in the Super Eagles.

Now, I am against age cheating. I am not against MRI. But what I am against is depriving other players who were not part of a previous U17 set from representing their fatherland at the U20. The NFF should just fashion put a mean of screening out those perceived to be age cheats.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:16am On May 13, 2018
Yes they should be seen as a liars until they can prove otherwise. There has to be a big burden of proof

Humility017:

those guys you see all have birth certificate....
you see we need use common sense...
you can hardly find a true 18 years old playing in the npfl
any player who claim to be 18-19 and have played in the npfl for close to 2-3 years is a LIAR...
quote me anywhere...
I once attended to a customer who is a footballer in one of Nigeria league clubs... I was surprised his profile on our data base carried a different age... on his international passport...he gave me 3 different birth date... the least being on his international passport...he knows the 3 birth dates well.
a distant relative I know well older than I am still below 20 on his international passport he is a footballer...he sure went for under 17 trials sometime ago....

Nigeria mata tire me...the followers are as corrupt as their leaders...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:24am On May 13, 2018
Humility017:

those guys you see all have birth certificate....
you see we need use common sense...
you can hardly find a true 18 years old playing in the npfl
any player who claim to be 18-19 and have played in the npfl for close to 2-3 years is a LIAR...
quote me anywhere...
I once attended to a customer who is a footballer in one of Nigeria league clubs... I was surprised his profile on our data base carried a different age... on his international passport...he gave me 3 different birth date... the least being on his international passport...he knows the 3 birth dates well.
a distant relative I know well older than I am still below 20 on his international passport he is a footballer...he sure went for under 17 trials sometime ago....

Nigeria mata tire me...the followers are as corrupt as their leaders...

Its d situation of d country, virtually everyone falsify deir age,from politician,to civil servant,now musicians sef

Am sure if u re given an opportunity to av trials at stoke city,u won't state ur present age cool

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:41am On May 13, 2018
Truidstar:

I'm telling you,the sport sector itself is as rotten and corrupt as other sectors in this country... too many incompetent people running it..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 10:49am On May 13, 2018
Truidstar:

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:52am On May 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Nope... Ndidi passed the MRI tests also when it was also conducted from the very beginning of the assembling of that 2013 team. The tests was conducted at various months intervals and had to be done one final time before the CAF championships to really be certain that none of them fall outside the FIFA specifications and Ndidi fell short unfortunately. But he had been passing the tests. These MRI testings have grades of checks and it is possible that a kid who passed over a year ago may fail it just a month to even the World championships. It happens.

Wilfred Ndidi, Ifeanyi Mathew, Alhassan Ibrahim( Musuam) and 2 other players all failed the MRI on the eve on the CAF U17. Fact remains they failed the MRI.

We have all come to accept the fact that so many products of the U17 fail to progress in their careers and this failure starts right from the transnsition From U17 to U20.

Not all U17 graduates are good enough for the U20!

That is why I still give kudos to Manu's selection and criticize Amuneke's. Manu understands this fact and introduced some new blood into his team while still keeping some of his U17 boys who were really exceptional at The U17. But Amuneke kept almost his entire U17 team. Only 1 new player was added. And don't tell me there were no players outside that U17 crop that were good enough to Break into the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 11:12am On May 13, 2018
Truidstar:

Nigerian Coach: Kiloshele? Kiloshele? Kiloshele? Kiloshele? Kiloshele?Kiloshele?
aswear you've just made my day with this post. Can't stop laughing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 11:27am On May 13, 2018
Three years ago, my dream was to see Garba Manu deputise(serve as an assistant to) for any foreign coach the federation might decide to employ. Leaving our age grade teams to Ugbade and Amuneke while Samson Siasia continues with the Olympic team.

But lo and behold my dream hit a dead end the day Salisu Yusuf was made the Coach of the SEs. I couldn't farthom what resonated that decision.

It irks me so much when I see huge tasks like this committed to incapable hands... Today we have a certain Paul Aigbogun handling our u-20 team a team very close to the national team. A team expected to feed and supply us(SEs) future quality talents and professionals, is now filled with overage men who have relatively passed their peaks- this is a very serious matter.

I hope we don't experience another years of drought in the national team.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 11:43am On May 13, 2018
Kog45:
If Osimhen want to make headway and have solid career he need to move from Wolfsburg may be on loan to pBelgium or Holland for good development.
I agreed, he will not developed if he remains with Wolfsburg

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:54am On May 13, 2018
ChrisKels:
Here is Ghana U20 list. Most of the players come from the academies, but here, Aigbogun is giving us the Alalade, eneji and Ekenes of this world ;

HAMIDU ABDUL FATAWU - Vision FC
UMAR BASIT ABDUL RAMAN - New Edubiase United
MOHAMMED KUDUS - Right To Dream Academy
MENSAH GIDEON - Right To Dream Academy
SADIQ IBRAHAM - Right To Dream Academy
MAXWELL ARTHUR - Dreams FC
ADJETEY DANIEL ADRIAN - Amidaus Professionals
BABAWO SALIW - Dynamo Brest
NURUDEEN ABDUL MANAF - KAS Eupen
ARTHUR JUDE EKOW - Liberty Professionals
IBRAHIM DANLAD - Asante Kotoko SC
KUMAH EMMANUEL - Tudu Mighty Jets
RICHARD DANSO - WAFA SC
KONDA ISSAHAKU - Wa All Stars
SULLEY IBRAHIM - Rising Stars
DAYEGBE PROSPER AHIABU - WAFA SC
HUDU ABDUL HALIK - Hammarby IF
TANKO IBRAHIM - Red Star Belgrade

I trust our Academy and NNL players more than those NPFL players.

When has Ghana become a yardstick for our own players selection?
The last U20 that we used entirely academy players what came out of it? Ghana is trying to follow our footsteps in that regards. Just to make you realize. Besides I can only see 3 or 4 academy clubs there. The rest are Ghana premier league clubs and I have even seen two foreign Clubs on that list.

Please roll out the clubs of the players that featured for England in the last U20. That should be our model.

If Ghana has selected a large pool from their players that featured in the last U17 WC, this, from my experience has not really worked.

I have said it severally in the past that no team has won the U17 and 2 years later won the U20. This is because after every successful or relatively successesful U17 outing bulk of the U17 players get promoted not giving enough room for new entrants who were not part of the previous U17.This usually create gaps in the team. Especially experience wise.

Look at Nigeria, after each U17 WC win , the best we have ever achieved in the Subsequent U20 is a 2nd round exit.

I believe in selecting the best crop available for the U20 and not giving special preferences for a previous U17 team.

Be mindful again that I am against age cheating but also no player should be deprived of our national colours because of one unproven age cheating allegation or the other. And if a player is found guilty he should be dropped.

I know the general thinking is that all NPFL players are age cheats. But that is not true. Obviously there are several cases of age cheating but you cannot because of that ignore the NPFL U20 players and go for the academy Or NNL players. Who told you there are also no age cheats in the academies and NNL? Have academy players not failed the MRI repeatedly?

We need the best for this crop. Be it NPFL, NNL or academy. Let everyone be given a fair chance.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:00pm On May 13, 2018
Icon4s:

Any player who falsified his age should be dropped.
Simple and short. And not to condemn and disown the entire team.
This age falsification is simple to detect,just asked any player for his primary school certificate.

Sir,primary school certificate in Nigeria is the most difficult document to forge and that's why government don't reckon with it cos it will exposed our politicians and civil servants.

I remember when i was working with federal agency,I was the youngest and oldest cos i used my hospital birth certificate but others used court affidavits.

Age falsification is a real issue in Nigeria and not helping our sports.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:11pm On May 13, 2018
Truidstar:

grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:19pm On May 13, 2018
AIG07:
Three years ago, my dream was to see Garba Manu deputise(serve as an assistant to) for any foreign coach the federation might decide to employ. Leaving our age grade teams to Ugbade and Amuneke while Samson Siasia continues with the Olympic team.

But lo and behold my dream hit a dead end the day Salisu Yusuf was made the Coach of the SEs. I couldn't farthom what resonated that decision.

It irks me so much when I see huge tasks like this committed to incapable hands... Today we have a certain Paul Aigbogun handling our u-20 team a team very close to the national team. A team expected to feed and supply us(SEs) future quality talents and professionals, is now filled with overage men who have relatively passed their peaks- this is a very serious matter.

I hope we don't experience another years of drought in the national team.
Hmmmm what a great comment but you know what NFF love yes sir coach.

Hope you remember NFF and Keshi wahala,NFF and Siasia feud and NFF and Oliseh war,for God sake Finidi George is available but NFF went for Paul Aigbogun.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:28pm On May 13, 2018
Icon4s:

Wilfred Ndidi, Ifeanyi Mathew, Alhassan Ibrahim( Musuam) and 2 other players all failed the MRI on the eve on the CAF U17. Fact remains they failed the MRI.

We have all come to accept the fact that so many products of the U17 fail to progress in their careers and this failure starts right from the transnsition From U17 to U20.

That is why I still give kudos to Manu's selection and criticize Amuneke's. Manu understands this fact and introduced some new blood into his team while still keeping some of his U17 boys who were really exceptional at The U17. But Amuneke kept almost his entire U17 team. Only 1 new player was added. And don't tell me there were no players outside that U17 crop that were good enough to Break into the team.
that was never the reason for amuneke team failure... his boys failed @the under 20 level...because they allow their desires for gains becloud their quest to win laurels and make name for themselves...
the moments they began to skip trainings all because they have not been paid... they failed.

if they had taken those times serious....that team won't have fail to do well in Africa and also qualifed for the world cup...for that level.

manu garba sure introduced New blood...but check through most of the lads he introduced were all from the academics... he surely did an open camping invited some npfl players... but at the end virtually all he picked were from academics..
same players walloped the npfl too stars during the super 6 tournament...

manu garba still remains the most transparent cadet team coach I have ever seen in this country...
but how was agbogun camping conducted?
tell me sir icon4 ?
he never invited academic players...
to see what they have to offer....rather he narrowed his mind to the npfl...and invited few foreign players...we rarely know of..
I think one foreign born self...

you know sure well that some academic players in nigeria play better than npfl...and moreover the fact that manu garba got most of his players from the academy wasn't responsible for the team's failure in New Zealand... the team failed because of his wrong selection especially with that goal keeper and benching other players like nancho etc, the team also failed because the players on the pitch accorded too much respect to their opponent... not necessarily because they were more academic players... because ladan bosso team and John obuh team filled with npfl players still could not get to the semi final.....

and for Moses Simon who never passed the MRI test likeweise ndidi... you and I know that these players never kicked a ball in the npfl...but rather jostled all the way from their academics to Europe... that should tell you more about their age...
and for etebo tell me how long did he played in the npfl before his move to Portugal?
gata is one player I have always know to play for kwara United for some time now...and he still claim to be 18 years old...
c'mon sir icon4 this lies is so obvious for all to see
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chilex9: 12:32pm On May 13, 2018
Musa again...d guy nor wan hear o

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:34pm On May 13, 2018
Ahmed musa with a goal,I love this form

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:38pm On May 13, 2018
Icon4s:

When has Ghana become a yardstick for our own players selection?
The last U20 that we used entirely academy players what came out of it? Ghana is trying to follow our footsteps in that regards. Just to make you realize. Besides I can only see 3 or 4 academy clubs there. The rest are Ghana premier league clubs and I have even seen two foreign Clubs on that list.

Please roll out the clubs of the players that featured for England in the last U20. That should be our model.

If Ghana has selected a large pool from their players that featured in the last U17 WC, this, from my experience has not really worked.

I have said it severally in the past that no team has won the U17 and 2 years later won the U20. This is because after every successful or relatively successesful U17 outing bulk of the U17 players get promoted not giving enough room for new entrants who were not part of the previous U17.This usually create gaps in the team. Especially experience wise.

Look at Nigeria, after each U17 WC win , the best we have ever achieved in the Subsequent U20 is a 2nd round exit.

I believe in selecting the best crop available for the U20 and not giving special preferences for a previous U17 team.

Be mindful again that I am against age cheating but also no player should be deprived of our national colours because of one unproven age cheating allegation or the other. And if a player is found guilty he should be dropped.

I know the general thinking is that all NPFL players are age cheats. But that is not true. Obviously there are several cases of age cheating but you cannot because of that ignore the NPFL U20 players and go for the academy Or NNL players. Who told you there are also no age cheats in the academies and NNL? Have academy players not failed the MRI repeatedly?

We need the best for this crop. Be it NPFL, NNL or academy. Let everyone be given a fair chance.

and when ladan bosso and John obuh were using professional league players...what came out of it...?
you're talking as if the victory we crave for...are just for the short term...

you've said it several times... that it is only in Africa that we take this cadet team trophies seriously...but wait why can't we do same here.... and see this cadet team as a avenue to harness talents who could make their way into football reckoning years from now....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 12:40pm On May 13, 2018
Mujtahida:

We are here. We know what the average 16-20 year old person in Nigeria looks like using common sense. Me, I don't usually talk about about about this age issue cos it's like hitting one's head against a wall.

Hahahahaha... Most people nt only footballers( students,those in govt etc) in Nigeria, age cheat. In 2011, when I went to do my pvc registration, there was a guy( footballer) I knw very well who was older than me. When d woman asked his age, he said; " 13" when I just clock 19.. I can't just fit shout.

We all know about dis but feigning ignorance.. When we see those that are 20 or above: say, 21- 23, we would be able to tell.

They are people in sec skul that are 20 likewise in those football academics. The only thing that can stop " age cheat" is early discovery of those talents.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:40pm On May 13, 2018
Icon4s:

these players you mentioned I think they all were picked academics.... so you can say they fall within that age bracket....
but not a player who already graduated from this academics...into an npfl club side and have had up to 3 seasons in the npfl and still claim 18 years....old.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:41pm On May 13, 2018
Kog45:
This age falsification is simple to detect,just asked any player for his primary school certificate.

Sir,primary school certificate in Nigeria is the most difficult document to forge and that's why government don't reckon with it cos it will exposed our politicians and civil servants.

I remember when i was working with federal agency,I was the youngest and oldest cos i used my hospital birth certificate but others used court affidavits.

most of us did not complete Primary school, so, where do we want to get primary school certificate from? You think people finishing Secondary School at 14 completed their primary education? undecided

That one is out of it. At least 50% of graduates today, do not have a primary school certificate

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:45pm On May 13, 2018
Isahalbash:

Hahahahaha... Most people nt only footballers( students,those in govt etc) in Nigeria, age cheat. In 2011, when I went to do my pvc registration, there was a guy( footballer) I knw very well who was older than me. When d woman asked his age, he said; " 13" when I just clock 19.. I can't just fit shout.

We all know about dis but feigning ignorance.. When we see those that are 20 or above: say, 21- 23, we would be able to tell.

They are people in sec skul that are 20 likewise in those football academics. The only thing that can stop " age cheat" is early discovery of those talents .

thank you and just because the manu garba and amunuke teams wasn't successful someone is supporting the use of old men to play under 20...

the fact that a particular process didn't work doesn't mean it should be thrown to the dustbin... but rather polished and reemployed.... but today we are enjoying the dividends of manu garba transparency with players like ndidi, nancho and I am sure many like nwakali will join after the world cup...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:46pm On May 13, 2018
safarigirl:
most of us did not complete Primary school, so, where do we want to get primary school certificate from? You think people finishing Secondary School at 14 completed their primary education? undecided

That one is out of it. At least 50% of graduates today, do not have a primary school certificate
Lolllzz
you make me laugh...many of these players should be able to present this...result.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:48pm On May 13, 2018
elyte89:

Its d situation of d country, virtually everyone falsify deir age,from politician,to civil servant,now musicians sef

Am sure if u re given an opportunity to av trials at stoke city,u won't state ur present age cool
they're still some people who won't tip their age for any reason....
it's like living in a false identity.... mind u anything that will require me increase or reduce my age...I don't need it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:49pm On May 13, 2018
They passed the MRI during the first MRI screening conducted when the team was being assembled. They also passed it again before the qualifiers... so their failing it on the eve of the Caf U-17s only shows that growth has occurred in minute details but great enough to rule them out of the + or - scale in the various grading check ranks of the MRI screening. These kids are at different stages of growth as regards their epiphyseal plates on the left wrist (which is what is usually used) so it is not surprising that some will pass now and fail it in a year's time or in six months' time.... because the MRI is marked by about three or four classifications/grades (not certain of the number of classification grades as it's been a while I read up on it and saw it done but I know what I say) of those that pass the test... there would be those showing the non-closure of the epiphyseal plates at a higher grade than others... and there will be those whose own are not closed yet but are like 5-10% away from closing... Teenage growth can be quite rapid so there are bound to be those who pass now and fail in six or eight month's time or even nine months... it is not uncommon.

And It is true not all U-17 grads are U-20 materials... that is why I said the Core of the U-17s... by core, I mean exactly "the best of them" taking into consideration their talents, potentials and obviously their genuine youth. Simple.

Manu picked the finest of his U-17 boys and still went on to bench the very best of them and caused us a calamitous ouster. What kudos are there to be given to such a nauseating decision on his part. Abeg... fact is that Manu messed up big time. chikena. I only still rate him because I love his ultra attacking philosophy from the 2013 U-17s and 2015 CAF U-20s and the famous super 6 they dominated. I also love his good keen eye for talents... but apart from those... he really did us in, in New Zealand, and allowed the same madness that always affect Nigerian/indigenous coaches, at some point, to possess him and it made him think absolutely irrationally costing us that game against Germany. You don't keep your best attacking and creative talents on the bench when on the verge of being knocked out!!!! It doesn't happen even at the top tier of football today!!!! Manu did just that and it was the most silly thing he ever did in his coaching career till date. Nigerians will never forget that 2015 debacle. Never!

Icon4s:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:50pm On May 13, 2018
Mujtahida:

We are here. We know what the average 16-20 year old person in Nigeria looks like using common sense. Me, I don't usually talk about about about this age issue cos it's like hitting one's head against a wall.
good we say it here... this is one of the most renowed football forum I know for sure .....in Nigeria ..
good we address this issue because I can't be party to a fraud of this kind
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:53pm On May 13, 2018
Humility017:

Lolllzz
you make me laugh...many of these players should be able to present this...result.
I don't care about the players or their own age cheat wahala. They will all fade into oblivion once they fail to qualify for U20 World Cup, which is certain, so, I couldn't be less concerned about the entire sham that is the U20 team

I am just stating that requesting for a primary school certificate in this day and age is unrealistic. Many people below 25 can't provide that because they never graduated from primary school.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:55pm On May 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
They passed the MRI during the first MRI screening conducted when the team was being assembled. They also passed it again before the qualifiers... so their failing it on the eve of the Caf U-17s only shows that growth has occurred in minute details but great enough to rule them out of the + or - scale in the various grading check ranks of the MRI screening. These kids are at different stages of growth as regards their epiphyseal plates on the left wrist (which is what is usually used) so it is not surprising that some will pass now and fail it in a year's time or in six months' time.... because the MRI is marked by about three or four classifications/grades (not certain of the number of classification grades as it's been a while I read up on it and saw it done but I know what I say) of those that pass the test... there would be those showing the non-closure of the epiphyseal plates at a higher grade than others... and there will be those whose own are not closed yet but are like 5-10% away from closing... Teenage growth can be quite rapid so there are bound to he those who pass now and fail in six or eight month's time or even nine months... it is not uncommon.

And It is true not all U-17 grads are U-20 materials... that is why I said the Core of the U-17s... by core, I mean exactly "the best of them" taking into consideration their talents, potentials and obviously their genuine youth. Simple.

Manu picked the finest of his U-17 boys and still went on to bench the very best of them and caused us a calamitous ouster. What kudos are there to be given to such a nauseating decision on his part. Abeg... fact is that Manu messed up big time. chikena. I only still rate him because I love his ultra attacking philosophy from the 2013 U-17s and 2015 CAF U-20s and the famous super 6 they dominated. I also love his good keen eye for talents... but apart from those... he really did us in in New Zealand and allowed the same madness that always affect Nigerian/indigenous coaches at some point possess him and it made him think like irrationally costing us that game against Germany. You don't keep your best attacking and creative talents on the bench when on the verge of being knocked out!!!! It doesn't happen even at the top tier of football today!!!! Manu did just that and it was the most silly thing he ever did in his coaching career till date. Nigerians will never forget thst 2015 debacle. Never!

even at that....from.your first paragraph...it means ndidi and co despite failing the MRI..they still fall.within the age bracket...

if these old men paraded yesterday...we're within the age of 18-22 years it won't be too bad... but parading a player who is close to his 30s... is being foolish... because such will tell.in the Longrun
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:58pm On May 13, 2018
safarigirl:
I don't care about the players or their own age cheat wahala. They will all fade into oblivion once they fail to qualify for U20 World Cup, which is certain, so, I couldn't be less concerned about the entire sham that is the U20 team

I am just stating that requesting for a primary school certificate in this day and age is unrealistic. Many people below 25 can't provide that because they never graduated from primary school.
Dear and why didn't you have the certificate?
what happened...?
I thought it was supposed to be like ssce for those living primary school...

i will try research on what you just exposed...though.

good afternoon...and how is your day going?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 13, 2018
Kog45:

Lol at youngest and oldest. But me I don't honestly have a primary school certificate o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3505) (3506) (3507) (3508) (3509) (3510) (3511) ... (16160) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: justvictor57(m), M7even(m), oloriooko(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.