Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,575 members, 7,820,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3510) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11699941 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3507) (3508) (3509) (3510) (3511) (3512) (3513) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 2:38pm On May 13, 2018
OMANBALA1:

lol...Nna, nobi fight naa grin grin

Joel Obi is more established and certain about what he want to do with the ball,not over muscling or running like you are on your last stretch to heaven
person wen fit go piss now now, come bck from toilet with injury naim u wan carry go world cup...??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Farzat: 2:39pm On May 13, 2018
And Simy scores again. This guy should not confuse Rhor, Kayode has been selected

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 13, 2018
Any news about Ndidi's injury?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:46pm On May 13, 2018
Looollll.... Farzat you funny gaan... cheesy .

Anyway, in Simy's quest to "confuse Rohr" grin He has now tallied five goals in his last five games including this one (starting with that worldie overhead against Juventus' Buffon).

He now has 7 serie A goals and 1 assist. Now five goals in last five games in serie A or stretching it further, his 6th goal in the last seven games (counting this one too).

Loolll... Seems it is SIMY TIME... grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 2:47pm On May 13, 2018
safarigirl:
when I got admission to Unilag in 2010, they had the same requirement of 16 years, one girl was even rejected cuz of it. In uniabuja though, I saw 15 year olds who entered school

I guess that one differs according to school and maybe who sabi way.

Primary school might be the easiest, but it is quite unfair to many who don't have the certificate, so........

I also know someone who was rejected from Unilag because she was less than 16. Funny enough it happened in 2010. She was turned away after we were offered admission which I thought was unfair at the time.
It seems they take this age issue more seriously than other schools.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:50pm On May 13, 2018
bataderemi:
Thank you Ndidi na KOKO.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:55pm On May 13, 2018
ChrisKels:
I always laugh whenever Icon4s makes those clumsy statements "Amunike shouldnt have graduated those U17 players directly to U20 ", " the U20 tourney is made for the professional players"

Now look at the professional players.

Youth football shouldn't be result oriented rather we should focus on using it to unearth gems that will in time take over from the already super Eagles.

Amongst the Amunike guys, we know how many of them that have signed for European teams and making positive progression.

Let see if any of these grandfathers in the name of professional players can leave the shores of Nigerian, let alone Africa, to sign for any team.

Bring players with the right ages, professional or not, as long as he has the talent, augment it with few professionals who also are of the right age, then, we are good to go. They must not all be professionals else u fill the team with useless over aged stars.

I wish the young lads( nazifi and co) amongst them the best anyways.

My comments are not reflective of the structure and environment of Nigerian football.

But from the perspective of European football and English football in particular.

U20 football is no longer youth football outright as you could describe U17 football. U20 football has progressed from mere youthful talent and potential. Most European U20 teams will have seasoned professional players. Very few if any will be academy players who have no first team experience.

When we consider the age Gabriel, Raheem, Rashford, Dele, Gomez, Kane, Pickford, Pogba, Lukaku, etc. They consider the age of the most expensive teenager Mbappe.

Then I concur with Icon4s unreservedly, that U20 football is for professionals. With regards to laughter your proposition is more open to wider ridicule than his.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 3:01pm On May 13, 2018
safarigirl:
your waec is your ssce result undecided

Nobody asked for any primary school certificate when I got admission both in Unilag and Uniabuja undecided

Ssce result is what you print out at d cafe and it's different from the original sch cert that has ur date of birth- and testimonial.

Is there any difference btw Ssce result and Waec result?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Farzat: 3:01pm On May 13, 2018
Everybody talking about Musa and nobody even mention Sylvester Igboun who also scored and assisted a goal in d same league today. This guy is really a quality player that shud be in SE first eleven. Better than any winger we have except Victor Moses. I wish someone in NFF should put away sentiments and watch this guy closely.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:02pm On May 13, 2018
Icon4s:

Na...that Amuneke's U20 were not gonna go any where. It is now some of those his boys are ready for U20 and not back then.

What I was against was the shutting out of other players and relying almost solely on his U17 winning side who were even the youngest team at the U17 tourney. Most of them were 16-17 years olds during the U20 qualifiers. Some of you will say age doesn't count but it does. I still reiterate that U20 is not for academy players but for young professionals. For example , Players like Orji Okonkwo, Samuel Chukwueze, Kingsley Michael are no more academy players like back then. They have signed professional contract and Michael and Okonkwo played like 2 seasons. Now they are ready for the U20 challenge . Look at the England U20 winning squad you will understand what I am talking about.

That said, a 2-2 draw away to a fellow West African side is not that bad a result. West African sides are always know to pose a strong opposition at this age grade level.

We expect the boys to finish the job here.

With the inclusion of the foreign based players the team can only get better.

Agreed without reservation

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:02pm On May 13, 2018
Humility017:

these players you mentioned I think they all were picked academics.... so you can say they fall within that age bracket....
but not a player who already graduated from this academics...into an npfl club side and have had up to 3 seasons in the npfl and still claim 18 years....old.

Now, let me give you this picture. We have numerous academies scattered all over the country.
But only some very few boys are selected to play in the U17 national team. So what happens to the other academy players? Where do they graduate to? Have you ever thought in that line?

Some with good agents and or rich parents will travel out to continue their development in Europe. What about the others that are not that privileged? Has it ever occurred to you that they graduate to play in the NNL and NPFL? You don't know a very large number of these NPFL players were picked from the academies?

You think the NPFL players are just picked from the streets to sign professional contract? Some clubs have feeder teams from also they pick players.

Talking about 18 years olds playing 3 seasons in the NPFL have you not seen a couple of 15-16 years olds especially in Kano Pillars and MFM playing weekly in the NPFL. By the time they are 18/19 instead of tapping from that wealth experience they have gathered you now tag them as old men and deprive them the chance of representing their country. If you don't want to see 18 years old with 3 years professional experience the NPFL has to make it compulsory for players to wait till they are 18 before signing any profional contracts. Just like how it is done in Europe.

Do you know these clubs recruit these young players because they don't have money to pay salaries of the older established players? Yes, the NFF has a minimum number of players to be registered per season. These clubs get a particular number of experienced players they fill they can manage and the remaining sports they scout around academies and the ones that have feeder teams promote some of their players just to add to the list. Some of these boys start training with the senior players early and that helps them mature faster. And you chose to deprive them because they went through this process?

Also there are so many players in the Super Eagles today that were picked from academies yet people are still pointing age cheating fingers at them.

Age cheating is every where and I frown at it. But you cannot deprive these players the chance to play because you think they over aged. I have seen people who look older than their ages. And some of these boys started playing professional football early. I have seen a good number of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:02pm On May 13, 2018
Sir Tbaba1234 shared a photo from Ndidi's twitter handle sometime ago showing him doing just light workouts. He is still recuperating. Injury will take four weeks to heal but another two weeks for final rehab checks and more. Ndidi will be fine.... Noe can we have some SIMY in here? grin

bataderemi:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:04pm On May 13, 2018
elyte89:

Its d situation of d country, virtually everyone falsify deir age,from politician,to civil servant,now musicians sef

Am sure if u re given an opportunity to av trials at stoke city,u won't state ur present age cool

It's not even the hidden truth but the OPEN WELL KNOWN TRUTH
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:04pm On May 13, 2018
Sorry... We have been there, seen that and gone past it. So you have forgotten he played under Oliseh right? In the AM role? Abeg what quality did he bring to the role? Is he better than Iwobi? Or no wait... Is he better than even Ajagun? Abeg... Leave him be.

Farzat:
Everybody talking about Musa and nobody even mention that Sylvester Igboun also scored and assisted a goal today in d same league. This guy is really a quality player that shud be in SE first eleven. Better than any winger we have except Victor Moses. I wish someone in NFF should put away sentiments and watch this guy closely.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:07pm On May 13, 2018
Icon4s:

Now, let me give you this picture. We have numerous academies scattered all over the country.
But only some very few boys are selected to play in the U17 national team. So what happens to the other academy players? Where do they graduate to? Have you ever thought in that line?

Some with good agents and or rich parents will travel out to continue their development in Europe. What about the others that are not that privileged? Has it ever occurred to you that they graduate to play in the NNL and NPFL? You don't know a very large number of these NPFL players were picked from the academies?

You think the NPFL players are just picked from the streets to sign professional contract? Some clubs have feeder teams from also they pick players.

Talking about 18 years olds playing 3 seasons in the NPFL have you not seen a couple of 15-16 years olds especially in Kano Pillars and MFM playing weekly in the NPFL. By the time they are 18/19 instead of tapping from that wealth experience they have gathered you now tag them as old men deprive the chance of representing their country. Is you don't want to see 18 years old with 3 years professional experience the NPFL has to make it compulsory for players to wait till they are 18 before signing any profional contracts. Just like how it is done in Europe.

Do you know these clubs recruit these young players because they don't have money to pay salaries of these older established players. The NFF has a minimum number of players to be registered per season. This club get a particular number of experience players they fill they can manage and the remaining sports they scout around academies and the ones that have feeder teams promote some of their players just to add to the list. Some of these start training with the senior players early and that helps them mature faster. And you chose to deprive them because they went through this process?

Also there are so many players in the Super Eagles today that were picked from academies yet people are still pointing age cheating fingers at them.

Age cheating is every where and I frown at it. But you cannot deprive these players the chance to play because you think they over aged. I have seen people who look older than their ages. And some of these boys started playing professional football early. I have seen a good number of them.

so the npfl look like a league where you can find 15/16 years play?
oga icon4....how about tlaba revelations that some of these guys graduate 2014 from polytechnics/universities...
probably they're genius then...to have graduated at 14- 16 years and still playin football....as well progressing well... enter the npfl at 15/16...

oga this lies is too big to swallow abeg.... spare us this defense...
so you believe this lads fabricated ages...?
I never expect this kind of defense...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:09pm On May 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Sir Tbaba1234 shared a photo from Ndidi's twitter handle sometime ago showing him doing just light workouts. He is still recuperating. Injury will take four weeks to heal but another two weeks for final rehab checks and more. Ndidi will be fine.... Noe can we have some SIMY in here? grin

2+2=4.

Today is May13 . WC starts June 14. I fear he may not be ready enough for the WC.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:09pm On May 13, 2018
Isahalbash:

Ssce result is what you print out at d cafe and it's different from the original sch cert that has ur date of birth- and testimonial.

Is there any difference btw Ssce result and Waec result?
testimonial is different

You can't use that ssce print out for admission screenings, you need your original result. On your original WAEC your date of birth is added.

SSCE is WAEC and/or NECO. It means Senior School Certificate Examination. So WAEC or NECO all na SSCE

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 3:10pm On May 13, 2018
Farzat:
Everybody talking about Musa and nobody even mention Sylvester Igboun who also scored and assisted a goal in d same league today. This guy is really a quality player that shud be in SE first eleven. Better than any winger we have except Victor Moses. I wish someone in NFF should put away sentiments and watch this guy closely.
sylvester what?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:11pm On May 13, 2018
Dominic Solanke starts

Refreshing to see Solanke starting for Liverpool up top as the target man in a 4-4-1-1/4-4-2 kinda formation... He is paired with Firmino who plays slightly behind him. And Salah and Mane come from the wings.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:13pm On May 13, 2018
Simmy with a goal.... #sips my chilled coke
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:14pm On May 13, 2018
Icon4s:

Wilfred Ndidi, Ifeanyi Mathew, Alhassan Ibrahim( Musuam) and 2 other players all failed the MRI on the eve on the CAF U17. Fact remains they failed the MRI.

Ifeanyi Mathew played the CAF U17 tournament.. Meaning he passed the MRI before the CAF tournament but failed before the WC.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:14pm On May 13, 2018
Uhmmm... Four weeks from the same day he was confirmed to be nursing a hamstring. wink I suppose some good time have passed since then... So he will be ready before June 16.

Icon4s:

2+2=4.

Today is May13 . WC starts June 14. I fear he may not be ready enough for the WC.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:15pm On May 13, 2018
Icon4s:

2+2=4.

He will be ready for the June 6 friendly.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 3:17pm On May 13, 2018
just saw a layton ndukwu on the bench of leicester..whats his story?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:19pm On May 13, 2018
Icon4s:

2+2=4.

Chief i dey fear too and what about Ebuehi groin injury.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 3:20pm On May 13, 2018
safarigirl:
testimonial is different

You can't use that ssce print out for admission screenings, you need your original result. On your original WAEC your date of birth is added.

SSCE is WAEC and/or NECO. It means Senior School Certificate Examination. So WAEC or NECO all na SSCE

Not really, that was why I used ' different strokes for different folks'.

Maybe every school has it own different requirements for given admission. In Abu zaria, they use ssce result and ur primary school cert. In most public sec skulz, you can only obtained ur waec cert- 3years after graduation.. I don't know if they still do it now or not.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:22pm On May 13, 2018
But you have nothing to be scared of. I have done the maths and the extent of Ndidi's hamstring is not extreme grade II even. He will be fine and ready for Russia.

Kog45:
Chief i dey fear too and what about Ebuehi groin injury.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:24pm On May 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Uhmmm... Four weeks from the same day he was confirmed to be nursing a hamstring. wink I suppose some good time have passed since then... So he will be ready before June 16.

Yes four weeks he will be ready but six weeks i don't think so cos it was stated four weeks to heal and two weeks rehabilitating.

This is your field which is medical,pls enlighten me cos Ndidi not making it would be a massive blow.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 3:24pm On May 13, 2018
safarigirl:
testimonial is different

You can't ke!gringringrin

See how you take concludegrin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:25pm On May 13, 2018
Humility017:

so the npfl look like a league where you can find 15/16 years play?
oga icon4....how about tlaba revelations that some of these guys graduate 2014 from polytechnics/universities...
probably they're genius then...to have graduated at 14- 16 years and still playin football....as well progressing well... enter the npfl at 15/16...

oga this lies is too big to swallow abeg.... spare us this defense...
so you believe this lads fabricated ages...?
I never expect this kind of defense...

As far as I can recall Tbaba only made mention of one guy. And you are saying "some guys".

There are issues of age cheating but we often exaggerate things in this country.

Just like Ibe Kachukwu spoke after spending 6months as the GMD of NNPC. He said "Corruption in NNPC is over exaggerated"!

Now back to football, as I said, those clubs use those very young players to fill up their squad list for the season. But they also take part in training sessions. Most of them do not get to play on match days but there are a few of them with exceptional abilities to match the senior players and you see them getting 10-15 of playing time.

Now, professionally those boys have been in those NPFL teams, registered, and used to fill up the squad but only used for training. One journalist will just go dig up one document or publication and find the name of one Alhassan Ibrahim on the Kano Pillars squad list for 2014/2015 season and say cannot be an U20 player?

Paul Aigbogu is an NPFL coach he knows how these things play out.

I am against age cheating and any player found guilty should be harmmered straight for the good of Nigerian football. And not to condemn them and deprive them of a life time opportunity.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:27pm On May 13, 2018
Icon4s:

As far as I can recall Tbaba only made mention of one guy. And you are saying "some guys".

There are issues of age cheating but we often exaggerate things in this country.

Just like Ibe Kachukwu spoke after spending 6months as the GMD of NNPC. He said "Corruption in NNPC is over exaggerated"!

Now back to football, as I said, those clubs use those very young players to fill up their squad list for the season. But they also take part in training sessions. Most of them do not get to play on match days but there are a few of them with exceptional abilities to match the senior players and you see them getting 10-15 of playing time.

Now, professionally those boys have been in those NPFL teams, registered, and used to fill up the squad but only used for training. One journalist will just go dig up one document or publication and find the name of one Alhassan Ibrahim on the Kano Pillars squad list for 2014/2015 season and say cannot be an U20 player?

Paul Aigbogu is an NPFL coach he knows how these things play out.

I am against age cheating and any player found guilty should be harmmered straight for the good of Nigerian football. And not to condemn them and deprive them of a life time opportunity.

I mentioned 3 guys

Wasiu Alalade graduated Kwara Poly in 2013.
Adeshina Gata graduated Kwara Poly in 2014
oliseme Ekene graduated Delsu in 2014

They are all part of the under 20 squad.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:28pm On May 13, 2018
Known about him for ages now sef... He is one of us too. wink Also Eligible for Nigeria.

asha80:
just saw a layton ndukwu on the bench of leicester..whats his story?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3507) (3508) (3509) (3510) (3511) (3512) (3513) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: comodo and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.