Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,064 members, 7,852,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:28 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3543) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11880496 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3540) (3541) (3542) (3543) (3544) (3545) (3546) ... (16253) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:46pm On May 15, 2018
Chrismario:

Not true.

Abeg don't compare mane to kayode.
If kayode cannot make bench at lowly Girona, I wonder how he would be a regular at Southampton, let's not talk of liverpool grin

You are flogging this issue more than you should.

Sadio Mane was not in Liverpool and not to talk of Southampton before he got called to play several matches for Senegal national team. He had already played 8-10 matches for the National team before he moved to Epl. Fact

If he was a Nigerian e no go smell the National team. Fact.

Likewise, Naby keita didn't get National team call up in the Bundusliga rather he was called while he was in a second division and Austrian league.

If he was Nigerian em no go smell our National team. GBAM. Fact
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:47pm On May 15, 2018
forgiveness:

Since, you are not answering my question, it's better we seek an independent opinion that confirmed Iheanacho was poor in the first half of the season even poorer than Kayode's. GBAM

Ranked! The 12 most disappointing Premier League transfers of the season

11. KELECHI IHEANACHO (MANCHESTER CITY TO LEICESTER)

As per the above: managerial turnover causes myriad problems and players signed under one regime aren’t always valued by the next.

Iheanacho has been in the “highly promising” category for years now and not unreasonably so. He’s an adept finisher who can play either as a main centre-forward or a supporting striker, but has nevertheless fallen between the cracks at the King Power Stadium. He has one goal to his name - against Leeds in the League Cup - but hasn’t found the target (or a regular place) in the Premier League and already looks like a lost soul.

"Kelechi is a young player and he needs to improve aspects of his play," Claude Puel noted recently. Not much, then.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-12-most-disappointing-premier-league-transfers-season?_format=amp

This an independent source.

We can't shy away from the truth.

Looolll... Same player made EPL team of the week just recently in the same week Leicester beat Arsenal... Hahahahahahahahaha...

His goal against Tottenham was all over twiteer and is being hailed by pundits to be one of the best goals of the season.... cheesy

For one who used Kayode's loan deal to Man City to mock Nacho's departure to Leicester despite Pep and Man City board putting a buy back clause... It only explains why you are so quick to put down Nacho. smiley.

I don't care what Four four two says... It still bothers on the subjective... No solid objectivity whatsoever.

Nacho earned his WC spot. Same with Musa. Kayode didn't do enough. Deal with it....

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 8:49pm On May 15, 2018
forgiveness:

Since, you are not answering my question, it's better we seek an independent opinion that confirmed Iheanacho was poor in the first half of the season even poorer than Kayode's. GBAM

Ranked! The 12 most disappointing Premier League transfers of the season

11. KELECHI IHEANACHO (MANCHESTER CITY TO LEICESTER)

As per the above: managerial turnover causes myriad problems and players signed under one regime aren’t always valued by the next.

Iheanacho has been in the “highly promising” category for years now and not unreasonably so. He’s an adept finisher who can play either as a main centre-forward or a supporting striker, but has nevertheless fallen between the cracks at the King Power Stadium. He has one goal to his name - against Leeds in the League Cup - but hasn’t found the target (or a regular place) in the Premier League and already looks like a lost soul.

"Kelechi is a young player and he needs to improve aspects of his play," Claude Puel noted recently. Not much, then.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-12-most-disappointing-premier-league-transfers-season?_format=amp

This an independent source.

We can't shy away from the truth.

Last, last you will die of hate for this boy at the rate you are going...

What kind of hatred is this that you will have to dig out an article from Late last year 2017 inorder to argue in 2018 when we are talking about the summary of a whole season?

Baba i can see that you don't wish this boy well... No wonder every goal he scores is like a spear thrown through your heart. You go underground for a few days allowing the euphoria to die down before coming on to spew more hate about him.

Don't worry, mark my words, come next season your heart is going to be shattered to pieces because Iheanacho will score alot of goals and each one will be like a dagger to your heart.

Hope you saw that rocket of a shot he scored last week against spurs?... Kayode in this lifetime or the next cannot score such in any top 5 league.

Rather, such kind of goals are reserved for exceptional players like Iheanacho and he will score many of it in his career. I know that, I believe in him and he did it. Trust me bro, he will continue to do it,... Why?... Because its in him

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:58pm On May 15, 2018
Sainty92:
Wonderful!! Dat means shakhtar Donetsk will easily win Premiership o. Dis one dey flog Man city, walk over arsenal and Man u or Tottenham cannot be compared to dem...Am sure they are among the 3 best clubs in d world on ranking.

Did Shakhtar Donetsk beat Manchester City (the untouchable)? Yes or no.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 15, 2018
forgiveness:

Sadio Mane was not in Liverpool and not to talk of Southampton before he got called to play several matches for Senegal national team. He had already played 8-10 matches with the National team.

If he were a Nigerian e no go smell the National team. Fact.

Likewise, Naby keita didn't get National team call up in the Bundusliga rather he was called while he was in a second division and Austrian league.

Kayode made his debut when he was in Austria.

If kayode is a midfielder, he for debut tey tey but he is an attacker, a highly competitive position in SE

Oga I'm getting bored of this stuff. Let's discuss other things, your points are noted and even if we continue this argument till next 10 yrs, he's not going to smell Russia.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 15, 2018
forgiveness:

Did Shakhtar Donetsk beat Manchester City (the untouchable)? Yes or no.

Just like Levante that won Barcelona

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sainty92: 9:06pm On May 15, 2018
Sometimes i wonder if Mr Forgiveness is really a Nigerian. Cos am sure if Nigeria wins the world cup with this squad by beating Spain 1-0 in the final, he will still condemn them for not making it 3-0.....All because of Kayode.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:06pm On May 15, 2018
Chrismario:

If kayode is a midfielder, he for debut tey tey but he is an attacker, a highly competitive position in SE

Oga I'm getting bored of this stuff. Let's discuss other things, your points are noted and even if we continue this argument till next 10 yrs, he's not going to smell Russia.

Mane is a midfielder, right?

Am I talking of debut? I am saying Sadio Mane was already a core member of Senegal National team while he was in the Austrian league.

If he was a Nigerian, he can never be a member of the Super Eagles while in Austria.

It showed how poor the scouting system in Nigeria is so porous.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 9:08pm On May 15, 2018
lexyman:

that team can play without Moses , i know Icon4s will not like this .
*smiles* but Moses too is very important and our most lethal attacker. With him and Mikel we are assured of chances.

Two things de sweet my belle, Nacho(our undisputable finisher) is fit and back inform, Mikel is available.

On the other hand two things de turn my belle. Ndidi's injury and Moses FA cup game(How I wish Conte will start Zappacosta and rest Moses)

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 9:09pm On May 15, 2018
realpoacher:

Last, last you will die of hate for this boy at the rate you are going...

What kind of hatred is this that you will have to dig out an article from Late last year 2017 inorder to argue in 2018 when we are talking about the summary of a whole season?

Baba i can see that you don't wish this boy well... No wonder every goal he scores is like a spear thrown through your heart. You go underground for a few days allowing the euphoria to die down before coming on to spew more hate about him.

Don't worry, mark my words, come next season your heart is going to be shattered to pieces because Iheanacho will score alot of goals and each one will be like a dagger to your heart.

Hope you saw that rocket of a shot he scored last week against spurs?... Kayode in this lifetime or the next cannot score such in any top 5 league.

Rather, such kind of goals are reserved for exceptional players like Iheanacho and he will score many of it in his career. I know that, I believe in him and he did it. Trust me bro, he will continue to do it,... Why?... Because its in him

Please it's not fair to use forgiveness bizarre and weird crusade for Kayode to wish the boy bad. I pray he improves and get as many great goals as he can. Even though we are faceless in this forum, we are talking about people who have faces, family, ambitions and who can be affected by our comments emotionally. Let's not transfer the anger against a faceless and nameless online character to these real individuals.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:09pm On May 15, 2018
Chrismario:

Just like Levante that won Barcelona

Shakhtar Donetsk beat both Manchester City and Roma this season. And we know they always beat English teams. It's a confirmed fact.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 9:10pm On May 15, 2018
Chrismario:

The bald man?
Shonjo shevely or whatever

Yeah, Jonjo Shelvey. he has been in a better form than Wilshere.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:12pm On May 15, 2018
forgiveness:

Sadio Mane was not in Liverpool and not to talk of Southampton before he got called to play several matches for Senegal national team. He had already played 8-10 matches with the National team.

If he were a Nigerian e no go smell the National team. Fact.

the amount of garbage you spew here at times, is enough to give anybody jedijedi

First off, Senegal cannot be compared to Nigeria currently, or even five years ago. The Senegalese team this decade, has not achieved what the Nigerian team has, so, they are not on same level.

Secondly, players are recognised by PERFORMANCE. If Mane was pulling good numbers even in Turkey, he would gave gotten a look in if he were Nigerian.

Lokosa is playing in lowly NPFL, but he beat your Kayode to a spot in the 30-man list, based on what? PERFORMANCE. After all, what is NPFL compared to the Ukrainian league?

Kayode did NOT perform enough to deserve a spot. His performance in Austria, earned him a call up, and over the span of three or so games, he showed NOTHING to merit a spot in Rohr's list, so, let someone else try his own luck

There are at least 10 million footballers in Nigeria, professional or otherwise, a great number of whom are forwards, and I can BET you, that Kayode is trash next to those guys, but Kayode is the one who is lucky enough to be in a foreign league. Many more players far better than him are languishing here for lack of opportunity. You only get one shot most of the time, Kayode got three and couldn't use any. Even Idowu scored against Argentina in his first game, does he have two heads?

Kayode is NOT exceptional. Kayode is NOT in the provisional list and Kayode may NEVER be considered again for a Nigerian call-up and NOTHING will happen, he will not be missed, because he is NOT exceptional

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:18pm On May 15, 2018
Chrismario:

abeg oga rest for this matter nahh
haba e don do...see as you make almost everyone here dey berate my kayode...

abeg leave the lad out of this.... I pray he comes better as years roll by
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:19pm On May 15, 2018
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:20pm On May 15, 2018
I think we should not bring down a player in order to promote another. Just speak on the individual player merits.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:20pm On May 15, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Egbon Forgiveness.. Egbon Forgiveness.. grin

Firstly @bolded, I said within a club. That is what the criteria said... Why changing it to EPL? Top 25% of earners within a club of if not then within 50% - 75% earners within a club. This club is the club involved in bringing Kayode in. Every transfer is judged relative to the financial strength of each club. That is the criteria. cheesy So this one you are saying is off tangent again. Lol

In your bid to counter, you failed to see what the criteria said. You are only hell bent on disproving but not capturing what the criteria said.

And from the beginning I told you that Final talks were never held because Man City hijacked the deal and Kayode was drawn to City. He liked the idea of City over Newcastle.. . Newcastle were ready to get Kayode and sort out his work permit. They were ready to pay above that 3.5 million... And ensure Kayode got those work permit points... Benitez was frustrated to lose out on Kayode. It is a fact.

But Anyway, it is okay shaa.... grin You asked a simple question on what criteria Kayode would have met and I dissected it briefly for you with pleasure. And as convincing as it is... Ofcos I don't expect you to buy it naa... cheesy You accepting it will defeat your stand.

You can run with whatever you believe Egbon... But what is true is and will always remain true.

I honestly never expected you to accept. So it is cool... But just learn to live with the truth thst Kayode does not deserve to be in that 30-man list ahead if any of those forwards listed. Only Onyekuru had the right to feel denied at being left out. Onyekuru gave everything. Injury was his only barrier

And I wish Kayode the best. I hope he can make better career decisions not motivated by vain interests and motives to feel big. He should be realistic and grow from this point.

Now I only hope you can fully support the Super Eagles and not wish them losses and failure only because Kayode is not there.

In conclusion, Rohr's list is the sweetest we have seen for the Super Eagles in recent years going to the World cup... Deal with it...

If there was no talk held then there was nothing on ground based on the bolded and therefore no case. It is just your own opinion. That's all. EOD
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 15, 2018
forgiveness:

Mane is a midfielder, right?

Am I talking of debut? I am saying Sadio Mane was already a core member of Senegal National team while he was in the Austrian league.

If he was a Nigerian, he can never be a member of the Super Eagles while in Austria.

It showed how poor the scouting system in Nigeria is so porous.

Kayode's exclusion is not the fault of our scouting system. I know that our scouts are lazy but don't blame them for Larry's omission. He's not a Wonder kid, he is just average and it is unfortunate that he came when we have plenty attackers.

Kayode is not Mane

He is just ordinary player at the moment.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 9:25pm On May 15, 2018
tbaba1234:
Wilshere is not on England's team.
what about our beloved Tammy?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 15, 2018
Humility017:

abeg oga rest for this matter nahh
haba e don do...see as you make almost everyone here dey berate my kayode...

abeg leave the lad out of this.... I pray he comes better as years roll by

I don't understand wetin you mean by "you make almost everyone berate my kayode"

FYI he is ours not yours
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:28pm On May 15, 2018
AIG07:

The list will be released tomorrow.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:31pm On May 15, 2018
Chrismario:

I don't understand wetin you mean by "you make almost everyone berate my kayode"

FYI he is ours not yours

it's like you didn't take notice of the unnecessary comparism of nancho and kayode.....which he started...

common sense should tell that argument was unnecessary..no need belittle one player to raise another..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:31pm On May 15, 2018
tbaba1234:
I think we should not bring down a player in order to promote another. Just speak on the individual player merits.
you know that egbon forgiveness can never discuss Kayode in isolation

He must always find a way to drag Kelechi inside, because Kelechi is the standard Kayode will have to reach to be considered good enough for Eagles and right now, he's simply not cutting it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 9:32pm On May 15, 2018
tbaba1234:
Wilshere is not on England's team.
really? the one I am hearing is sure not to go is Joe hart
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:37pm On May 15, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Looolll... Same player made EPL team of the week just recently in the same week Leicester beat Arsenal... Hahahahahahahahaha...

His goal against Tottenham was all over twiteer and is being hailed by pundits to be one of the best goals of the season.... cheesy

For one who used Kayode's loan deal to Man City to mock Nacho's departure to Leicester despite Pep and Man City board putting a buy back clause... It only explains why you are so quick to put down Nacho. smiley.

I don't care what Four four two says... It still bothers on the subjective... No solid objectivity whatsoever.

Nacho earned his WC spot. Same with Musa. Kayode didn't do enough. Deal with it....

He made the team of the week at the second half of the season. Nobody is disputing the fact that Iheanacho just came wonderfully good lately.

Abi is that part of the first half of the season?

That source was dated January 2018. It pointed to Iheanacho's performance at the first half of the season. Simple fact.

Please, be aware that in the same first half of the season, Kayode also made la Liga team of the week and MOTM. That was way back before Iheanacho picked up. Fact

We are talking about their performance in the first half of the season.

Even lately Kayode won the league and FA cup with his goals. Fact
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:37pm On May 15, 2018
AIG07:

When wilshere is not on d list,where do u think Tammy would be....?.....coaching crew list cool?,baba na 4 him to observe d world cup on 42inches tv like we would do too grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:39pm On May 15, 2018
forgiveness:

I have followed Simy from his days in the second division of the Portuguese league. He was banging in goals there before he went to the first division of the same league. That period was during our preparation to the Olympics and it was suggested he made the list them but unfortunately, he was overloooked.

Moreover, I followed his progress in his first season in the Seria A last season but he didn't really get enough time and even this season. But if I have to rate his over all ability, forget, he is not better than Kayode.

However, I don't think he is good in the air neither the fast type of player you suppose but hopefully he brings something to the table..

Kayode is far better than Lokosa. I don't think the coach really wanted Kayode from the on set. It's an established fact.
You don't think.... Yet it is a fact

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:41pm On May 15, 2018
forgiveness:

He made the team of the week at the second half of the season. Nobody is disputing the fact Iheanacho just came wonderfully good lately.

Abi is that part of the first half of the season?

That source was dated January 2018. It pointed to Iheanacho's performance at the first half of the season. Simple fact.

Please, be aware that in the same first half of the season, Kayode also made la Liga team of the week and MOTM. That was way back before Iheanacho picked up. Fact

We are talking about their performance in the first half of the season.

Even lately Kayode won the league and FA cup with his goals. Fact

Chief forgiveness, from feelers in my base in Sir chriskels voice,a supplementary list would be realised in exact 2weeks time d "merit 30man list" was released

Heard kayode's name tops d list cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 15, 2018
Humility017:

it's like you didn't take notice of the unnecessary comparism of nancho and kayode.....which he started...

common sense should tell that argument was unnecessary..no need belittle one player to raise another..

I belittled no one oo grin

I'm tired of this kayode stuff. cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:43pm On May 15, 2018
forgiveness:

If there was no talk held then there was nothing on ground based on the bolded and therefore no case. It is just your own opinion. That's all. EOD

Just try not to twist the info given next time. Stick to what was given. wink

Now quit the wailings and channel it to showing support for our Super Eagles. Or you mean you won't show support for the team now because kayode is not in? Come on.. Not fair man. Even Sir Truidstar put an end to #CallUpDessers campaign.

Anyway, Some members of the Eagles' Fringes will feature against Atletico Madrid. I have not seen the full list yet but I think we may see Umar and even Kayode... wink Time will tell. So cheers...

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:45pm On May 15, 2018
Humility017:

I didn't bring Nacho into it, the person you quoted and the nerd did by claiming Kayode was poorer than Iheanacho and Musa in the first half of the season which I disagree.

Abi make I just swallow everything like mumu for here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:51pm On May 15, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Just try not to twist the info given next time. Stick to what was given. wink

Now quit the wailings and channel it to showing support for our Super Eagles. Or you mean you won't show support for the team now because kayode is not in? Come on.. Not fair man. Even Sir Truidstar put an end to #CallUpDessers campaign.

Anyway, Some members of the Eagles' Fringes will feature against Atletico Madrid. I have not seen the full list yet but I think we may see Umar and even Kayode... wink Time will tell. So cheers...
That was no twist, it was just to prove to that you dwell on mere speculations that lacked substantial evidence. EOD

I just wanted to clear the air and it doesn't in anyway tantamount to wailing neither does it makes me lose my support for the Super Eagles. That's all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3540) (3541) (3542) (3543) (3544) (3545) (3546) ... (16253) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christology(m), dymusty86, comodo, LoverOfPussy, Elnino9(m), Zonofman(m), Bill8012(m), paulos8, 123jamessmith, typicalgamer(m) and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.