Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11755381 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (16183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
Sir Joseph1013 hardly ever argues but when he does and it's with NL's finest analyst (for me), Sir TheGoodJoe, It's time to sit down, pick a pop-corn and watch with glee.... grin

................................... On a flip note....

I never deserted the thread. Just needed some time off to do a few things and also wonder why Someone will hate me so much to question my educational portfolio/profile. Why someone cant deal with the fact that A lad like me has a fine future ahead in medicine and science and also finds a keen passion in football and other sports' analysis.

He feels comfortable calling others Doctors and Sirs but just cant bring himself to believe that a kid as privileged as myself has links with Hopkins. I HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN THAT NO MATTER HOW WELL YOU EXCEL OR SUCCEED AT SOMETHING, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE HATERS AND NAY-SAYERS WHO WILL NEVER EVER WANNA SEE THE GOOD IN YOU OR THE RISING GREATNESS IN YOU FOR REASONS BEST KNOWN TO THEM. So it's kinda understandable.

I AM TRULY A VERY BUSY LAD. BUT MY LOVE FOR FOOTBALL AND THE STORY BEING FORGED FOR NIGERIA'S GENERATION NEXT HAS FORCED ME TO ALWAYS TRY CREATE THAT TIME TO POST NEWS AND UPDATES AND ALSO SHARE IN THE DREAM OF THE THREAD AND MANY BEFORE THIS ONE.

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, a lot of people dont even know It was I who named this thread. The house gave me that opportunity and I took it upon myself to give it a name that aligns with what's unravelling in Nigerian football.

Sometimes, it is people (a few of them who arent around anymore) on this thread and in previous threads who call me out and ask about my schooling. Should I be overly evasive with their questions? I believe I am in the midst of honest men and ladies and I am a 24+ yrs old youngster.

Why should I hide mine when I already know the profile of Sir Icon4s (his work in the Petrochemical industry or so and his parttime/hobby-like engagements in sports discussions on radio), and Sir Joseph1013 (who I know is an Engineer)?

I created my first thread last year in the Education section about "Your dreams and higher institution targets and more"... It's one of my only 14 topics on NL on my profile. Some of what I do now and some of what my path is about is stated there.

So why the hate? Why the doubts? Cant live with the fact that I am who I am? By the Special Grace of God, I am who I am and nobody can take that away from me even if they hate and curse from today till eternity. That's more than a fact. That's the Truth.

Finally, about Sir Maastricht...... smiley

What can I say? This still gives me the giggles. I still cant believe someone fell for my reply to General03/Generals03.

Just because I wanted to fool the man (General03) by saying, "Yes, you got me, I'm Sir Maastricht", doesnt mean I am.

General03 said something like "you seem to be doing a good job switching between Thesupernerd and Maastricht monikers. I got you now..."

And I went like, "huh??"

He said something else and then an idea came to me and I wanted to fool him with it, so I said, "Okay... Yes... you got me. I am Sir Maastricht" smiley

He (General03) never responded again. Many People saw that conversation. But it seems only one (there may be more) picked it up, stuck it strongly in his memory and waited to unleash it. Loooollll

Waited all this time JUST TO MAKE A FOOL OF HIMSELF? THIS IS WHAT HATRED FOR A YOUNG LAD YOU DONT EVEN KNOW DOES TO YOU. IT MAKES YOU COMMIT BLUNDERS. IT MAKES YOU SAY THINGS WITHOUT PROPER INVESTIGATION ALL because YOU ARE IN A HASTE TO "BRING HIM DOWN" smiley

Everyone here knows how the thing with Yara Yara goes. Loollll

Sir TheGoodJoe was the first to coin the name "Yara Yara" not even me. Then I keyed into TheGoodJoe's joke and that was how every thing about Yara Yara (who I also termed Johnson) began.

I wish sir Maastricht were here to speak for himself. A dude that's probably based in the Netherlands or wherever is now the alt moniker of thesupernerd? I can imagine the shock on his face when he returns to NL (if ever) and sees his mentions and plot cooked up.

IN FINALITY, a couple of monikers here remember my debut on NL sports and why I came in. It was May 23rd leading to May 24th. It was on the New Zealand 2015 Flying Eagles thread.

One of the things that shocked me when I joined was seeing my write-up on the now defunct SL10nigeria posted on that thread by Sir Terzurum5 himself about similarities and differences as regards the Flying Eagles classes of 2005 and 2015.

Why and why will a lad like me seek relevance and popularity on a faceless forum like NL when The Relevance that really matter is out there??

I am working hard and smart and doing my best daily to be the best that I know I can be with respect to my field and beyond and some people think I seek cheap relevance here?? Do you think I dont have dreams to rule the world of science. Why do you think I am at Hopkins? Have you ever asked yourself how a young man from Africa got into a special and "classified" research scholarships program at one of Johns Hopkins' top research learning parastatals/institutes?

I care not for what popularity people seek and think exists on NL... If I wanted popularity and cheap relevance, YOU WILL FIND ME REGULARLY ON THE ROMANCE SECTION. I know how to mix it in with those guys but it's a waste of time because what brought me here was and still is PASSION AND A DREAM.

I have dreams for myself and so far I am on track despite the odds I still face but will surely overcome. But I also have dreams for Nigerian football. Has anyone ever asked why I dont have a foreign side I fan or support so badly??

It's because since the age of 7+ in 1999 since I got introduced to Soccer by my big bro ,who is also on NL but hardly speaks (Profmathsland is his moniker), I have read and researched on the story and history of world football and Nigerian football and discovered that In Nigeria lied a nation who can rule the world of football but just havent been able due to poor administrative organisation and some very silly beareucracy.

It was my big bro, who always had this special knack for keeping records of football events in files, books and newspaper extracts and more, that influenced me so much and helped ignite my passion and followership of the beautiful game.

I am a voracious reader and began reading from the age of 3. The first book I read was the Bible.

By age 5, I was really booming in my reading of the Bible and many other books. By age 9-10, I had finished reading through all magazines and newspapers at home and sought more.

From age 7, I always attacked my mom's library and read and read.

Whenever I was satisfied daily with reading The Bible and other books, I will always move into my big bro's sports archive and begin looking through. Never did I know I will find a world so beautiful and so limitless. The world of Nigerian and international soccer accompanied by plots, subplots, nearly-misses, against all odds-kinda stories and many more.

I saw the glories of Nigerian soccer in the 90's and more and saw our prospects for the future.

No one here have an idea of how attached I am to Nigerian football. I have no club I have ever supported or been crazy about. It has all been about Wanting to see Nigeria achieve in my life-time Glories upon Glories continentally and internationally.

It always gives me great Joy when I think by the time I am at the top of my field, I will also see Nigerian soccer blossoming so bright and so strong on all fronts. This is part of what gives me palpations and excitements yet I am deeply into science and medicine and a bit beyond that too wink

I know it's odd to find a "nerd and bookish one" like me follow football but you must understand that I do so because of something else. I do so because of Information and also to connect the details to how Nigeria can achieve that dream of one day ruling soccer even greater than we did for a short while in the 90s.

Even Sir Joseph1013 himself have wondered at my interest in soccer and how I balance that with my studies..... He's been awed kinda.

To all these I just smile and think to myself, "There are humans in this world with uniqueness. Everyone has theirs. I think this is just one of mine...."

So please.... Sorry for the long epistle but it was necessary in the light of the many people viewing this thread and asking all kinda questions and subconsciously forming hypothetical conclusions in their hearts.

Look, unashamedly, I am David.... TheSupernerd... A rising science star with keen interest in International soccer especially Nigerian soccer. This is why you can find me on any soccer thread be it male or female.... I am that attached to Nigerian football and more.

And this is my way of saying, if you think I need NL for relevance, then I will back off NL because for me the real world has always and will always be out there, the world from where I look into my phone writing/typing all these.

NL is just a 0.00.... With a 1 somewhere after so many zeroes of what life is all about, what life offers and what matters most in life. Why fight so something so mundane as NL RELEVANCE AND POPULARITY when all we do here is just to share passion and make everyone happy?

So please Guys and ladies.... I really need a breather. The fact that I take out time to post news doesnt mean I am not super busy. Actually I am, but there's a way I have trained my brain to be able to switch nicely and effortlessly between two or more different situations. It doesnt really take more than 15 or 20 seconds to post just one news (depending on its length). So I can easily post 20 in a day. That's because I love Nigerian football...... But thing is, I also know I will always be misunderstood. smiley

I will always be the target because of my style of communication.

I will always be the one people wanna talk down when I speak up for myself in the midst of elders and all the while people turning a blind eye to the fact that some of these people I stand up to actually started off a chain of jabs and digs and in some subtle cases, names-calling.

It's all good. People must not like you afterall but one truth remains. I AM WHO I AM BY GOD'S GRACE AND THERE'S NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO ABOUT IT.

Ciao Y'all.... Catch ya next time..... wink

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:13pm On Dec 03, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Sir Joseph1013 hardly ever argues but when he does and it's with NL's finest analyst (for me), Sir TheGoodJoe, It's time to sit down, pick a pop-corn and watch with glee.... grin

I never deserted the thread. Just needed some time off to do a few things and also wonder why Someone will hate me so much to question my educational portfolio/profile. Why someone cant deal with the fact that A lad like me has a fine future ahead in medicine and science and also finds a keen passion in football and other sports' analysis.

He feels comfortable calling others Doctors and Sirs but just cant bring himself to believe that a kid as privileged as myself has links with Hopkins. I HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN THAT NO MATTER HOW WELL YOU EXCEL OR SUCCEED AT SOMETHING, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE HATERS AND NAY-SAYERS WHO WILL NEVER EVER WANNA SEE THE GOOD IN YOU OR THE RISING GREATNESS IN YOU FOR REASONS BEST KNOWN TO THEM. So it's kinda understandable.

I AM TRULY A VERY BUSY LAD. BUT MY LOVE FOR FOOTBALL AND THE STORY BEING FORGED FOR NIGERIA'S GENERATION NEXT HAS FORCED ME TO ALWAYS TRY CREATE THAT TIME TO POST NEWS AND UPDATES AND ALSO SHARE IN THE DREAM OF THE THREAD AND MANY BEFORE THIS ONE.

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, a lot of people dont even know It was I who named this thread. The house gave me that opportunity and I took it upon myself to give it a name that aligns with what's unravelling in Nigerian football.

Sometimes, it is people (a few of them who arent around anymore) on this thread and in previous threads who call me out and ask about my schooling. Should I be overly evasive with their questions? I believe I am in the midst of honest men and ladies and I am a 24+ yrs old youngster.

Why should I hide mine when I already know the profile of Sir Icon4s (his work in the Petrochemical industry or so and his parttime/hobby-like engagements in sports discussions on radio), and Sir Joseph1013 (who I know is an Engineer)?

I created my first thread last year in the Education section about "Your dreams and higher institution targets and more"... It's one of my only 14 topics on NL on my profile. Some of what I do now and some of what my path is about is stated there.

So why the hate? Why the doubts? Cant live with the fact that I am who I am? By the Special Grace of God, I am who I am and nobody can take that away from me even if they hate and curse from today till eternity. That's more than a fact. That's the Truth.

What can I say? This still gives me the giggles. I still cant believe someone fell for my reply to General03/Generals03.

Just because I wanted to fool the man (General03) by saying, "Yes, you got me, I'm Sir Maastricht", doesnt mean I am.

General03 said something like "you seem to be doing a good job switching between Thesupernerd and Maastricht monikers. I got you now..."

And I went like, "huh??"

He said something else and then an idea came to me and I wanted to fool him with it, so I said, "Okay... Yes... you got me. I am Sir Maastricht" smiley

He (General03) never responded again. Many People saw that conversation. But it seems only one (there may be more) picked it up, stuck it strongly in his memory and waited to unleash it. Loooollll

Waited all this time JUST TO MAKE A FOOL OF HIMSELF? THIS IS WHAT HATRED FOR A YOUNG LAD YOU DONT EVEN KNOW DOES TO YOU. IT MAKES YOU COMMIT BLUNDERS. IT MAKES YOU SAY THINGS WITHOUT PROPER INVESTIGATION ALL because YOU ARE IN A HASTE TO "BRING HIM DOWN" smiley

Sir TheGoodJoe was the first to coin the name "Yara Yara" not even me. Then I keyed into TheGoodJoe's joke and that was how every thing about Yara Yara (who I also termed Johnson) began.

I wish sir Maastricht were here to speak for himself. A dude that's probably based in the Netherlands or wherever is now the alt moniker of thesupernerd? I can imagine the shock on his face when he returns to NL (if ever) and sees his mentions and plot cooked up.

IN FINALITY, a couple of monikers here remember my debut on NL sports and why I came in. It was May 23rd leading to May 24th. It was on the New Zealand 2015 Flying Eagles thread.

One of the things that shocked me when I joined was seeing my write-up on the now defunct SL10nigeria posted on that thread by Sir Terzurum5 himself about similarities and differences as regards the Flying Eagles classes of 2005 and 2015.

Why and why will a lad like me seek relevance and popularity on a faceless forum like NL when The Relevance that really matter is out there??

I am working hard and smart and doing my best daily to be the best that I know I can be with respect to my field and beyond and some people think I seek cheap relevance here?? Do you think I dont have dreams to rule the world of science. Why do you think I am at Hopkins? Have you ever asked yourself how a young man from Africa got into a special and "classified" research scholarships program at one of Johns Hopkins' top research learning parastatals/institutes?

I care not for what popularity people seek and think exists on NL... If I wanted popularity and cheap relevance, YOU WILL FIND ME REGULARLY ON THE ROMANCE SECTION. I know how to mix it in with those guys but it's a waste of time because what brought me here was and still is PASSION AND A DREAM.

I have dreams for myself and so far I am on track despite the odds I still face but will surely overcome. But I also have dreams for Nigerian football. Has anyone ever asked why I dont have a foreign side I fan or support so badly??

It's because since the age of 7+ in 1999 since I got introduced to Soccer by my big bro ,who is also on NL but hardly speaks (Profmathsland is his moniker), I have read and researched on the story and history of world football and Nigerian football and discovered that In Nigeria lied a nation who can rule the world of football but just havent been able due to poor administrative organisation and some very silly beareucracy.

It was my big bro, who always had this special knack for keeping records of football events in files, books and newspaper extracts and more, that influenced me so much and helped ignite my passion and followership of the beautiful game.

I am a voracious reader and began reading from the age of 3. The first book I read was the Bible.

By age 5, I was really booming in my reading of the Bible and many other books. By age 9-10, I had finished reading through all magazines and newspapers at home and sought more.

Whenever I was satisfied daily with reading The Bible and other books, I will always move into my big bro's sports archive and begin looking through. Never did I know I will find a world so beautiful and so limitless. The world of Nigerian and international soccer accompanied by plots, subplots, nearly-misses, against all odds-kinda stories and many more.

I saw the glories of Nigerian soccer in the 90's and more and saw our prospects for the future.

No one here have an idea of how attached I am to Nigerian football. I have no club I have ever supported or been crazy about. It has all been about Wanting to see Nigeria achieve in my life-time Glories upon Glories continentally and internationally.

It always gives me great Joy when I think by the time I am at the top of my field, I will also see Nigerian soccer blossoming so bright and so strong on all fronts. This is part of what gives me palpations and excitements yet I am deeply into science and medicine and a bit beyond that too wink

I know it's odd to find a "nerd and bookish one" like me follow football but you must understand that I do so because of something else. I do so because of Information and also to connect the details to how Nigeria can achieve that dream of one day ruling soccer even greater than we did for a short while in the 90s.

Even Sir Joseph1013 himself have wondered at my interest in soccer and how I balance that with my studies..... He's been awed kinda.

To all these I just smile and think to myself, "There are humans in this world with uniqueness. Everyone has theirs. I think this is just one of mine...."

So please.... Sorry for the long epistle but it was necessary in the light of the many people viewing this thread and asking all kinda questions and subconsciously forming hypothetical conclusions in their hearts.

Look, unashamedly, I am David.... TheSupernerd... A rising science star with keen interest in International soccer especially Nigerian soccer. This is why you can find me on any soccer thread be it male or female.... I am that attached to Nigerian football and more.

And this is my way of saying, if you think I need NL for relevance, then I will back off NL because for me the real world has always and will always be out there, the world from where I look into my phone writing/typing all these.

NL is just a 0.00.... With a 1 somewhere after so many zeroes of what life is all about, what life offers and what matters most in life. Why fight so something so mundane as NL RELEVANCE AND POPULARITY when all we do here is just to share passion and make everyone happy?

So please Guys and ladies.... I really need a breather. The fact that I take out time to post news doesnt mean I am not super busy. Actually I am, but there's a way I have trained my brain to be able to switch nicely and effortlessly between two or more different situations. It doesnt really take more than 15 or 20 seconds to post just one news (depending on its length). So I can easily post 20 in a day. That's because I love Nigerian football...... But thing is, I also know I will always be misunderstood. smiley

I will always be the one people wanna talk down when I speak up for myself in the midst of elders and all the while people turning a blind eye to the fact that some of these people I stand up to actually started off a chain of jabs and digs and in some subtle cases, names-calling.

It's all good. People must not like you afterall but one truth remains. I AM WHO I AM BY GOD'S GRACE AND THERE'S NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO ABOUT IT.

See, i have learnt not to allow comments here on this thread or nairaland get to me.

Know that nobody owns ur life and not every1 would like you.

Our personalities outside here is not important but what we have to offer here as sports fans is paramount. You are one of those that add value to this thread and that is what matters.

So shake it off bro. Take insults and jabs with a pinch of salt. You must not reply every mention. And try as much also to assess people's temperament for u to know how to relate with them. For instance, the same comments some see as jabs, jigs or insults are same comments u throw at some1 like forgiveness and he jst grin over it. Not every1 is like him.

Eg also my self and TheGoodJoe have argued heaven and Earth bt we have never called each other names. Not for once. Same with TheGoodJoe vs Goldfish80 jst to name a few.

So try to know ur fellow forumites and know how best to argue with them. Some jst dnt like ur stlye of argument. And that is it.

Dont take it hard on urself or any1 here. We are here for same purpose: The good of Nigerian football.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:37pm On Dec 03, 2016
joseph1013:
So to you, Fernando is better than Ndidi because he trains with Pep? Well-done!

As in eh!

Ndidi is starting his career and I wish him the best. He really has the raw talent to become one of the best in the game. Something I can not tag Fernando. However, Fernando had a lovely career so far. Playing games and has a chance of achieving more.

Ndidi is still a youngster but with the potential of achieving great things. I never compared Fernando with Ndidi but I said, that is not the direction Fernando is facing.

I prefer Ndidi's talent. I prefer his style of play and I hope by 29, Ndidi achieves more than Fernando.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 1:50pm On Dec 03, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

As in eh!

Ndidi is starting his career and I wish him the best. He really has the raw talent to become one of the best in the game. Something I can not tag Fernando. However, Fernando had a lovely career so far. Playing games and has a chance of achieving more.

Ndidi is still a youngster but with the potential of achieving great things. I never compared Fernando with Ndidi but I said, that is not the direction Fernando is facing.

I prefer Ndidi's talent. I prefer his style of play and I hope by 29, Ndidi achieves more than Fernando.
So, who is better? Ndidi from a small club or Fernando, a bench warmer training under Pep?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2016
joseph1013:
So, who is better? Ndidi from a small club or Fernando, a bench warmer training under Pep?

In what perspective will we judge them? In history of achievements, Fernando is better. He has achieved more. But if we compare by attributes, I prefer Ndidi.

So we can not say who is better like that. For now, Fernando is the better player. Remember, Ndidi has not played a game for Leicester City yet. He is a youngster building his career.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 3:12pm On Dec 03, 2016
Iheanacho in Sir TheGoodJoe

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:15pm On Dec 03, 2016
Certitude:
Iheanacho in
Sir TheGoodJoe

I totally missed the game. I hope Iheanacho plays well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 3:20pm On Dec 03, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

He was brought in to partner Aguero as city were trailing. Couldn't do much though. He had a shot with his right foot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:20pm On Dec 03, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

He was jst dispossesed for Chelsea's 3rd goal.

He looks match rusty.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 3:22pm On Dec 03, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

In what perspective will we judge them? In history of achievements, Fernando is better. He has achieved more. But if we compare by attributes, I prefer Ndidi.

So we can not say who is better like that. For now, Fernando is the better player. Remember, Ndidi has not played a game for Leicester City yet. He is a youngster building his career.
Fair enough. I just don't want to hear that one player is better than another simply because he's training even when he's the bench.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 3:24pm On Dec 03, 2016
Icon4s:

He looks match rusty.
Looks or he is match rusty? That's why training without playing under Pep is the greatest achievement of a footballer.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:26pm On Dec 03, 2016
Iheanacho involved in a fight. angry

Who teach him that one? Pep?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:28pm On Dec 03, 2016
joseph1013:
Looks or he is match rusty? That's why training without playing under Pep is the greatest achievement of a footballer.

Menn the thing tire me o.

He could not fit into the rythm.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:30pm On Dec 03, 2016
joseph1013:

The boy needs a run of games to regain fitness and confidence. Won't get it at city.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
tbaba1234:

The boy needs a run of games to regain fitness and confidence. Won't get it at city.

Aguero has been Red carded so Iheanacho could start next game. wink

His game level today should be a course for concern
He was glaringly off pace.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 3:36pm On Dec 03, 2016
Mujtahida:
Just this morning I was watching some clips on YouTube and I watched a video on great passers of the ball- Beckham, Xavi, Ronaldinho etc. But Beckham was the pick of the pack. I recall also that our own George Finidi at one time was voted the best 7 in the world. Luis Figo too in his time also had that distinction. The point I want to make is that I have noticed that wingers this days tend to want to dribble all the way rather than lay crosses that sweep across the face of the goal of the opposing team. Why is this so now?
it is now old fashion
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 3:38pm On Dec 03, 2016
Icon4s:

His game level today should be a course for concern He was glaringly off pace.
knowing pep he will use kevin instead
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:01pm On Dec 03, 2016
Icon4s:

He looks match rusty.

Let us see how things goes. Sad I do not have much to contribute. Congrats to Conte. He is a real footballing genius and it will be interesting to see how this season plays out.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:05pm On Dec 03, 2016
Icon4s:

His game level today should be a course for concern
He was glaringly off pace.

De bruyne will probably play first...

I hope he can get the games to improve his match fitness.

It just shows what we have been saying, training without games is not good enough.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:09pm On Dec 03, 2016
joseph1013:

I will be honest. You are filled with too much hate. The point is simple, Players improvement happens on the training pitch. Which goes on for about five days a week and hours on the training pitch.

It is my idea after a lot of study.

Cristiano Ronaldo spent hours everyday on the training pitch before and after training. Based on your ideology, Cristiano should stop training extra hours and stick to his regular training routine. His regular match games will do the magic.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:16pm On Dec 03, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I will be honest. You are filled with too much hate. The point is simple, Players improvement happens on the training pitch. Which goes on for about five days a week and hours on the training pitch.

Cristiano Ronaldo spent hours everyday on the training pitch before and after training. Based on your ideology, Cristiano should stop training extra hours and stick to his regular training routine. His regular match games will do the magic.

No, it is a mixture of both.. Cristiano practices and gets the opportunities to perfect it in real match conditions.

Without real match conditions, there is no way to attain the desired level.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 4:22pm On Dec 03, 2016
tbaba1234:

No, it is a mixture of both.. Cristiano practices and gets the opportunities to perfect it in real match conditions.

Everyone can't always play and not even a second striker would see that much chance. We are just emotional being Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:30pm On Dec 03, 2016
Certitude:

Everyone can't always play and not even a second striker would see that much chance. We are just emotional being Nigerians.

Trust me, I am not being emotional and i do understand that everyone can't play but kelechi has not gotten minutes in a long time and it is affecting his match fitness and perhaps confidence. He is looking rusty.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:59pm On Dec 03, 2016
tbaba1234:

Let me break down something. To paint a full picture of my ideology in player improvement/form.

We have QUALITY. How good a player is.
Improving this QUALITY, takes hours of training. When this is achieved, there comes FORM. It takes match time to find a player's form.
Most players like Nani, Kleberson and Forlan who failed at Manchester United had Quality but did not have enough game time to show their FORM.

In Iheanacho's case, I am interested in him developing his QUALITY. It will takes lots of hours on the training pitch to achieve this. Pellegrini used to join Diego Forlan on the training pitch after the team's training to advice him on how he will improve.

At this time, I do not think Iheanacho should be concerned with FORM but improving his QUALITY. As he improves on the training pitch, he will get his time on the pitch to improve his FORM.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:01pm On Dec 03, 2016
tbaba1234:

Trust me, I am not being emotional and i do understand that everyone can't play but kelechi has not gotten minutes in a long time and it is affecting his match fitness and perhaps confidence. He is looking rusty.

The confidence will come. He will get his run of games. I just want him at a better level than we know when he gets his run.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:02pm On Dec 03, 2016
Aguero is facing a 4 match ban so all is not lost for Iheanacho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

The confidence will come. He will get his run of games. I just want him at a better level than we know when he gets his run.

It was obvious to even the blind that he is off the pace. That is what inactivity does to a player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 03, 2016
oh men see as iheanacho wan punch batshuayi..

what a bloody fight..

fanadinho should go try his luck on wrestling.. dude was pushing and punching fabregas untill he falls
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:10pm On Dec 03, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

And I went like, "huh??"

Let me have a word with you Supernerd. It so happens that I thoroughly enjoy your inputs on this thread. Reading the news and information you post here in between comments on the thread is a feast for me and I dare say it is so for countless number of readers who are nameless and silent. Truth is, I even prefer to read the news you post here rather than reading it from the source. The crux of what I am saying is that you have added immense value to this thread. You are important to what is being done here. Very much so. That being said, may I also say that because of very deep personal experience with words, I always become intensely defensive when we use words in a manner that cuts, when we demean others, look down on them and insult them. I know very well that we can disagree without dissing ourselves. Ibo people have a proverb that says if you know this one, you don't know that one. Therefore every opinion counts. You are not a youngster per se. At 24+ you are a man. Let what we are at here be greater than the differences in perspectives. I will not be ashamed to ask you not to go but to continue doing what you have been doing only perhaps to always respect others on the thread and their opinions no matter how stupid or misinformed it might seem. Something good is in the offing for Nigerian football and you guys are the heralds, the harbingers of a glorious dawn breaking into a triumphant day in Nigerian football. Never underestimate the power of the word. And the word which creates consciousness on Nigerian football is what you guys are doing here-sharing viewpoints, analysis, making observations, giving suggestions, bringing to the fore developments, players and events that are in the background . It is a most valuable work. I implore you not to remove your hand from the plow. Let it continue even with you in the train. I love Nigerian football so much growing up that I used to go to great lengths and suffer much just to watch the Super Eagles. For the sake of the Super Eagles even those I perceived as my enemies were regarded as friends. It was a true love affair. It is in the spirit of that love which we all share that I say let us go on. More people are reading here than they can comment. A day doesn't pass without some (myself for example) reading the news, information, titbits, comments on this thread. I wrap my hands around your shoulders and like Jolly good friends I say once more let us go on, for good measure I say PLEASE let us all go on.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:11pm On Dec 03, 2016
tbaba1234:

From your statement here, it is clear that practice comes first.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 7:06pm On Dec 03, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

False! You're wrong about that. I will not respect a coach who is turning one of our brightest ever prospects into a 'vegetable'. Kelechi needs to play more regularly.

Well, I think he will now that Aguero has been red-carded.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:07pm On Dec 03, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

From your statement here, it is clear that practice comes first.

Practise is a given, a professional player will practice.. However, if he is not playing, it means nothing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (16183) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: shawwal1(m), elyte89, gamaliel9, do4luv14(m), opes, ddone, BascoVanVeli(m), ThunderFireAgba, Zakamori, Badbunny and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.