Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,509 members, 7,836,960 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3960) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11790262 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3957) (3958) (3959) (3960) (3961) (3962) (3963) ... (16196) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:14pm On Jun 06, 2018
Icon4s:

Kai... na wa o.

Hahahahahahahahaha... Lost cause...

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:15pm On Jun 06, 2018
Me I no dey draw formation again o.. all these fantasy formations. Match go come we go see 4-3-3. Joel as LM, Ndidi as RM, Mikel as CM, Ighalo as CF, Moses as RW, Iwobi as LW, Echiejile as LB, Shehu as RB, then Balogun, Ekong and Uzoho. Very predictable. Switch off in the first half, and switch on in the second. If we meet country like Denmark of 1998, dem go rush score all their goal early.

Guys I’m just joking. But I’m serious stop those fantasy formation. It’s either we know what to expect or Rohr will make us keep guessing.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:17pm On Jun 06, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Anyone who sounds pessimistic now as a means of gauging against disappointment just in case it happens but will begin showing apparent and bold faith in the team again when we win or do well instead of losing/disappointing is to me not an Eagle..... Person's more like a vulture or maybe a sparrow hawk.. Lol

Eagles don't gauge against anything... They are all in or not. They have a stand and do not stagger.

Vulture, Sparrow or hawk?

Me I will call them Pigeons.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:18pm On Jun 06, 2018
He is Ghanian. Specifically one of those trolls. U no see he dance steps? Hahaha

Ogu or somebody tried pushing him abi?
TheSuperNerd:
I did ofcos... But seriously, is he Ghanaian? He was in GWG naa no? And did you see Ogu's reaction to that man's entrance? Hahahahaha

Finally Joebie is back... Was fun being Joebiell for a while eh? wink Next time, you can just mail the mods.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 9:18pm On Jun 06, 2018
safarigirl:
no mind them......you look at some people wey you dey follow argue and how clueless they are, you go just dey regret say you follow them talk

That one no even sabi who dey World Cup.

Maybe Czech dey same group with Ghana, USA and Italy grin
coincidentally the 4 of them shared the same group at the 2006 World Cup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 9:18pm On Jun 06, 2018
krattoss:
Belgium is over there having anal with our Egyptian brothers cry
grin grin grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:20pm On Jun 06, 2018
Icon4s:

Vulture, Sparrow or hawk?

Me I will call them Pigeons.

Just when you thought you can outshine your father's savagery only to be reminded that he is still on form... Chaaaiiiiii...

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 06, 2018
Rubbish team ...and modern day Joseph's are dreaming of winning world cup . Let me die if that happens
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:20pm On Jun 06, 2018
Mujtahida:

You be weak troll. I even thought you are an adept in savagery. I am disappointed. So in all your trolling, na woof woof full your belle?. Odunayaw don finish you with soft blows. Oya go rest, Agyemang. You don try today. Ka chifo.

I don't know why you guys respond to those kids.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EagleScribes: 9:23pm On Jun 06, 2018
Icon79:
Same here. Simy's off the ball movement is top notch. Unfortunately, he didn't get any services because of the uncoordinated nature of our game today, especially upfront. I would like to see him start in Russia. Maybe, just maybe, Rohr has some jokers up his sleeves.

O pari

Just maybe. Seems like I don't understand Rohr again too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:23pm On Jun 06, 2018
realpoacher:
At this point we need to start asking Rohr questions

Rohr doesn't show confidence in his team... He has disbelief in them and he has transferred such disbelief to the team itself

We no longer play with determination, power, grit and self believe

What i see on the pitch are not fighters,. I don't see warriors rather i see sissies and wussies

Too bad

Let someone tell Rohr that Nigeria have attained Heights that is head and shoulders with the highest might in football before in the past and we won't take mediocre performance from him or his team.

We are not new to success. We have been successful before in the past, we have tasted success before even with less preparation. Thats where we get all our hope, and believe from... Let Rohr not turn us to cowards

Blood and Sand is what we need to see on the pitch..... Its a do or die....
Blood and sand Bro. He should stop the snivelling talk about Nigeria being underdogs. Yes we are but he's said all too often to the point that it seems that the team have taken up an underdog mentality rather than a dogged one.

And he should quit with the excuses.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:23pm On Jun 06, 2018
No the other shock.
krattoss:
At the front page thread some said that

"kanu said we re going to shock the world, are u sure its not this shock he meant?" "

I was rolling on the floor grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pelezico: 9:23pm On Jun 06, 2018
I agree - your right about that combi. Etebo can be that surprise that we need and he knows how to score. The one thing that bothers me is that Mikel appears.tonhave the earnof our coach and I'm wondering whether Mikel is also picking the formation
SerVik:
I feel the problem with this team has always been the lack of a mobile box to box midfielder to link-up the defense with attack. Playing mikel - a slow player as AM means that a mobile midfielder has to literally take the ball to his feet due to his poor tracking back.

In reality, we have failed in this aspect. In the qualifiers, we made Ndidi sit while onazi roamed. Onazi is another immobile midfielder, so instead of moving with the ball, we resorted to long balls, some of which ended up outside the stadium.

Fast forward to our friendlies, we tried Joel in this role and it simply didn't work. We seem to think that we do not need a midfielder that can move with the ball, that we can result to passing the ball right from defensive midfield to attacking midfield. The irony of this is that, we have played against teams that play with compact midfield, that intercept those passes before getting to their targets, that is why we've been complaining that the team seem incapable of stringing 2-3 passes, because the moment they attempt a forward pass, it is almost always intercepted. What the team needs is a midfielder that collects the ball from the DM, moves the ball, creates space with his movements before releasing the ball.

Rohr saw this too that is why he deployed iwobi to this role. It was nice of him to pick up on this but the personnel deployment was wrong.
Yes iwobi moves the ball well, yes he beats his marker, yes he releases the ball when due but he doesn't have the gas to play such energy sapping role. Playing him there also denies the team of his valuable creativity upfront.

My humble deduction; Etebo should play that role, he was born for the role. Before you come for my head, I know about his supposed inconsistencies but those have come in matches where he was play in a restricted AM role. Etebo normally likes running. In the AM role, he doesn't run enough and so doesn't even use up half of his energy reserve. This excess energy that he doesn't let out makes him implode. Etebo has the trickery to evade his markers and he has the ability to release the ball when required. A midfield trio of ndidi-etebo-mikel should have been tried out instead of the Ndidi-iwobi-mikel. The good thing about that midfield is that during the course of the match, Etebo can also drift to the LW, forcing iwobi to move centrally just in front of mikel.

I believe that midfield combination is very flexible and can easily be tweaked as the game progresses. In Ndidi and Etebo we have a combination that have the energy to put pressure on opposition midfield and relieve the defense of unnecessary pressure.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:23pm On Jun 06, 2018
Joebie:
He is Ghanian. Specifically one of those trolls. U no see he dance steps? Hahaha

grin grin grin

Hahahahahahahahahaha... Which of them? Agyemang Nana bonsu? Or is it tetteh amankwah? grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:24pm On Jun 06, 2018
That beer guy na. Didn’t u see he looked drunk?

Afobeer

TheSuperNerd:

grin grin grin

Hahahahahahahahahaha... Which of them? Agyemang Nana bonsu? Or is it tetteh amankwah? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:26pm On Jun 06, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Just when you thought you can outshine your father's savagery only to be reminded that he is still on form... Chaaaiiiiii...

And even worst still, some respected regulars here have joined in.

Have they forgotten we are NIGERIA!!!!!? A country known for creating upsets and shocking results. We fit reach that day now beat Croatia 4-0.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2018
Meanwhile, Ogu was not close enough to him shaa... But the look on his face ehn... Loooll... That man for hear am... Ogu was so pissed... Gesticulating at why the guy go just enter pitch come stop play...and to make matters funnier... Ref no add minutes for that time wasted... He even stopped the game at 89 mins and some 30-something seconds or so... Na wa... Lol...

But mehn...that look on Lion-faced Ogu ehn... It looked so menacingly scary. cheesy

Joebie:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:28pm On Jun 06, 2018
I love what u did on the pitch today. Nice dance steps
Afobear:
I assure you one thing ,my mental state is sane but you will need some of your advice after the group stages when you start roaming the streets
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:28pm On Jun 06, 2018
Joebie:
That beer guy na. Didn’t u see he looked drunk?

Afobeer

If I say A you say B, another say C omo na u sabi... Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:29pm On Jun 06, 2018
hardwerk:
Rubbish team ...and modern day Joseph's are dreaming of winning world cup . Let me die if that happens
ghost don't die bro...I think you're not a living being...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:30pm On Jun 06, 2018
Haha. Wasn’t it Ogu that questiones
the ref why he stopped the match? Ogu for kill today o

TheSuperNerd:
Meanwhile, Ogu was not close enough to him shaa... But the look on his face ehn... Loooll... That man for hear am... Ogu was so pissed... Gesticulating at why the guy go just enter pitch come stop play...and to make matters funnier... Ref no add minutes for that time wasted... He even stopped the game at 89 mins and some 30-something seconds or so... Na wa... Lol...

But mehn...that look on Lion-faced Ogu ehn... It looked so menacingly scary. cheesy

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:31pm On Jun 06, 2018
I’ve called him out already grin
TheSuperNerd:

If I say A you say B, another say C omo na u sabi... Hahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pelezico: 9:32pm On Jun 06, 2018
I'm throwing my hat in, Nigeria will beat Croatia and Argentina. Iceland will likely be a draw.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:32pm On Jun 06, 2018
Joebie:
I love what u did on the pitch today. Nice dance steps

Chaaaiiiiii.... Joebie no naa... Plsss don't show your trolling prowess abeg... Save it for Russia... It will come in handy... They should just pray we don't win ooooo... because WHEN we do... Ahhhhh... They will know that trolling is not a rare gift... That There is a drop of trolling greatness in everyone... Hahahahahahahaha

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:33pm On Jun 06, 2018
I don’t want us to have a second round exit. So let’s taste the real defeat early, else we go think say we don arrive. We can beat Argentina’s again. QF should be our minimum
Icon4s:

And even worst still, some respected regulars here have joined in.

Have they forgotten we are NIGERIA!!!!!? A country known for creating upsets and shocking results. We fit reach that day now beat Croatia 4-0.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:33pm On Jun 06, 2018
Yes he was one of them. He and Musa even before a few others joined in... But Ogu was the main protagonist chaaiii... That guy na lion and giant rolled into one... If he hold pesin ehn... Thank God say Afobeer run commot before Ogu hold am... Looolll

Joebie:
Haha. Wasn’t it Ogu that questiones
the ref why he stopped the match? Ogu for kill today o

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:34pm On Jun 06, 2018
Problem is they will be nowhere to be found. Omg does Ghana even have a thread? They always find us. They must love us
TheSuperNerd:

Chaaaiiiiii.... Joebie no naa... Plsss don't show your trolling prowess abeg... Save it for Russia... It will come in handy... They should just pray we don't win ooooo... because WHEN we do... Ahhhhh... They will know that trolling is not a rare gift... That There is a drop of trolling greatness in everyone... Hahahahahahahaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 06, 2018
Coach Gernot Rohr after today’s loss to the Czech Republic:

“We’ve 9 days to be ready for our 1st match vs Croatia, as at today we are not ready. I am not sad because of this result, the result that matters will be in Russia.”

Why can't people grasp this?!?!?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 9:35pm On Jun 06, 2018
our attackers dont even know how to beat offside trap for once, expecially the beloved Ighalo, rohr so much love that guy, av never seen a striker as barren as d desert yet he still start. That man is playing with his job, his is definitly gonna be sacked if we dont make it pass group stage.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 9:36pm On Jun 06, 2018
pelezico:
I'm throwing my hat in, Nigeria will beat Croatia and Argentina. Iceland will likely be a draw.
Pick your hat up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 9:37pm On Jun 06, 2018
Bolowolowo:
Coach Gernot Rohr after today’s loss to the Czech Republic:

“We’ve 9 days to be ready for our 1st match vs Croatia, as at today we are not ready. I am not sad because of this result, the result that matters will be in Russia.”

Why can't people grasp this?!?!?
As mess dey smell na him you dey take know how the shitt go taste.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:38pm On Jun 06, 2018
Hahahaha .. why u misspell the moniker na?

TheSuperNerd:
Yes he was one of them. He and Musa even before a few others joined in... But Ogu was the main protagonist chaaiii... That guy na lion and giant rolled into one... If he hold pesin ehn... Thank God say Afobeer run commot before Ogu hold am... Looolll

(1) (2) (3) ... (3957) (3958) (3959) (3960) (3961) (3962) (3963) ... (16196) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bennie1980(m), oloriooko(m), CaptainStephen(m), geonyte(m), chuks404 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.