Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3961) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11791097 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3958) (3959) (3960) (3961) (3962) (3963) (3964) ... (16196) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:40pm On Jun 06, 2018
I over rated Rohr, that man I so poor. His ineptitude is unquantifiable. I dont have no single confidence in him anymore.

Why cant we have Herve Reinard as our coach?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 06, 2018
Humility017:

ghost don't die bro...I think you're not a living being...
lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 9:41pm On Jun 06, 2018
I just hope that we post a very good performance at the world cup so that it wouldn't be like we went to advertise our jersey in Russia
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 9:44pm On Jun 06, 2018
ChrisKels:
I over rated Rohr, that man I so poor. His ineptitude is unquantifiable. I dont have no single confidence in him anymore.

you should have said so after we qualified for the world cup
plastic fan

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 9:45pm On Jun 06, 2018
Watched all our recent friendlies, and man! That's gotta be same old frustrating football on display most of the time.

They've succeeded in feeding pessimistic elements amongst us a lot to talk and gloat about.

And Rohr, that man has confirmed my greatest reservation about him and his style, He's just too rigid for my liking.

I mean, this man fielded same starting eleven home and away against Cameroon, employed same tactics, made similar substitutions, never bothered about fatigue or anything. Went ahead to play same set of players against Zambia at Uyo, and if not for injuries, he'd have fielded same players against Algeria away.

He never gave Agbo a chance even when stats showed his 'passing game' to be really good. How dejected this guy would have felt after Agu who joined the team 24 hours before the Serbian match still got to play ahead of him even though he had been in camp longer, how Joel Obi started every game since his return (excluding today)

[/b]Well, you never change a winning team.[b]

I and a few others voiced out about his conservative style, but we were shut down, called names and were obligated to present our coaching certs since we know better. At least we were winning then, we ceded.

Let him continue to wait for his opponents to deal with him before he adjusts, he'd be 1 - 0 down against Croatia in the 10th Minute of the first half and that's game over.

We're seriously going to have problems at the middle, can what Rohr has essentially done is pick midfielders with similar attributes, only Mikel and Ogu bring something different to the table, the rest of them are hustlers, too much of these kinda players on the pitch would definitely grant your opponents space to exploit.

Never been really carried away with Etebo's exploits at Las Palmas, and his recent showing against England, dude is the most inconsistent player in the SE at the moment, and I don't agree with Ogu playing at LCB, we've still got Omuero, who seem to have rediscovered form.

I thought Joel had something we were missing in the team, not knowing all he had, we were never in lack of. Onazi deserved to have make the 23 man list, but not Joel, and Onazi's weight isn't really helping his matter at all. Rohr tries to play him alongside Ndidi or Joel, I'd switch off my TV that day and go to bed.

Playing 3 at the back seems to be working for us against Non-African oppositions, of hope he won't want to experiment his failing 4-2-3-1 formation against Croatia with the hope of holding them off so we can change tactics in the 2nd half and join in the game.

I still remember Icon4s being against the formation on the grounds that we won't be utilizing our best players, who cares about our best players if we win?

Above all, I pray he succeeds, if he gets sacked, our youngsters would be the major casualty and our progress stunted once again.

All is set and done, success is all we hope for, whatever the outcome my blood remains green.

I'm off again.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 06, 2018
Super Eagles run-up to France 98:

Jamaica 2 Nigeria 2
Germany 1 Nigeria 0
Yugoslavia 3 Nigeria 0
Netherlands 5 Nigeria 1

We finished in round of 16. At the end of the day, friendlies are carry no weigh and bear no significance.

#GWGTillIDie
#GWG4QF

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:46pm On Jun 06, 2018
Joebie:
Who noticed that Ghanaian spectator that ran into the pitch to disrupt play? grin

He was Ghanaian?

wow. Ogu for Don some jet li moves of he had his way.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:47pm On Jun 06, 2018
Chaaaiiiiii.... Gbam! Gbammer!!! Gbammest!!! I know we are not a perfect team... I know we have our frailties... But we have seen this team rise to the occasion even during the qualifiers....

I remember how we even had to analyse the "dreaded" Cameroonian team during the FIFA Confed cup... Yet the fears were all over the place...

Of how Cameroon will roast us and beat us home and away or that our best chances were getting a draw in Nigeria coz Cameron will come to "die" rather than be beaten... Bla bla bla...

They kept rubbing it in our faces on how unprepared we were... On how this was the coming of the African Champs... How we would shiver at the roars of the Lions...

Alas... What happened... We scripted a game that not even the best pundits could even see after putting all stats and analyses together...

Match day is always matchday... They forgot! They forgot too that the Super Eagles is not a team that cowers in the face of adversity... We rise and fight.. If we lose giving our best, so be it... It we win.. So be it... But we will always rise and give it our best. And when we do... The world stand s up and takes notice.

4-0 against the African champions... Nobody saw that coming. Not even the most optimistic among us all.

WE ARE NIGERIA... #WingsofAfricanPride... We have the respect of the continent for what we did in that group of death. They know that afcon 2019 will be hell for them when we reach there...

This is Nigeria... Let June 16 come.. What people thought had been scripted when the Lions came into town was totally torn to bits and pieces when the battle begun... All else was forgotten... What mattered was matchday.... What we put out on the field that very day.

This is the same team heading to Russia. So I believe.

Icon4s:

And even worst still, some respected regulars here have joined in.

Have they forgotten we are NIGERIA!!!!!? A country known for creating upsets and shocking results. We fit reach that day now beat Croatia 4-0.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 9:48pm On Jun 06, 2018
Bolowolowo:
Coach Gernot Rohr after today’s loss to the Czech Republic:

“We’ve 9 days to be ready for our 1st match vs Croatia, as at today we are not ready. I am not sad because of this result, the result that matters will be in Russia.”

Why can't people grasp this?!?!?
and some people want me to believe that the man is confused...

Rohr wey nack Hugo Broos mind game jazz na im you say is confused.

The man be like Croatia, all my 21players don play now, go figure out my plan. Hahaha... Oga TheSuperNerd. Abeg help me with a meme.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:51pm On Jun 06, 2018
This man left out some good players so that he takes his boys to Russia. A country that has a defense wrecker like Onyekuru is finding it very difficult to break a defense from the wing side.

If onyekuru was a Belgian, I doubt Thorgan Hazard would have made it to Russia. But down here, a wannabe Tactician with no clue whatsoever is grossly under rating him hence left him out of his 30man squad.

Rohr should be sacked even before we play Croatia

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 06, 2018
The Pharoahs lose 3 - 0 to Belgium.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 06, 2018
ChrisKels:
This man left out some good players so that he takes his boys to Russia. A country that has a defense wrecker like Onyekuru is finding it very difficult to break a defense from the wing side.

If onyekuru was a Belgian, I doubt Thorgan Hazard would have made it to Russia. But down here, a wannabe Tactician with no clue whatsoever is grossly under rating him hence left him out of his 30man squad.

Rohr should be sacked even before we play Croatia

Receive sense in Jesus name

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:58pm On Jun 06, 2018
Bolowolowo:
The Pharoahs lose 3 - 0 to Belgium.

Let's imagine if it was Nigeria that lost 3-0 like that. By now the wailing on this thread would be deafening.

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:59pm On Jun 06, 2018
AIG07:

The man be like Croatia, all my 21players don play now, go figure out my plan. Hahaha... Oga The.SuperNerd. Abeg help me with a meme.

Rohr: hehehehehehehe... They won't see me coming...

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:00pm On Jun 06, 2018
I just followed your lead naa... Wanted to give it the drunken ring. "Beer" naa abi? wink

Joebie:
Hahahaha .. why u misspell the moniker na?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 10:00pm On Jun 06, 2018
junnyjake:
Watched all our recent friendlies, and man! That's gotta be same old frustrating football on display most of the time.

They've succeeded in feeding pessimistic elements amongst us a lot to talk and gloat about.

And Rohr, that man has confirmed my greatest reservation about him and his style, He's just too rigid for my liking.

I mean, this man fielded same starting eleven home and away against Cameroon, employed same tactics, made similar substitutions, never bothered about fatigue or anything. Went ahead to play same set of players against Zambia at Uyo, and if not for injuries, he'd have fielded same players against Algeria away.

He never gave Agbo a chance even when stats showed his 'passing game' to be really good. How dejected this guy would have felt after Agu who joined the team 24 hours before the Serbian match still got to play ahead of him even though he had been in camp longer, how Joel Obi started every game since his return (excluding today)

[/b]Well, you never change a winning team.[b]

I and a few others voiced out about his conservative style, but we were shut down, called names and were obligated to present our coaching certs since we know better. At least we were winning then, we ceded.

Let him continue to wait for his opponents to deal with him before he adjusts, he'd be 1 - 0 down against Croatia in the 10th Minute of the first half and that's game over.

We're seriously going to have problems at the middle, can what Rohr has essentially done is pick midfielders with similar attributes, only Mikel and Ogu bring something different to the table, the rest of them are hustlers, too much of these kinda players on the pitch would definitely grant your opponents space to exploit.

Never been really carried away with Etebo's exploits at Las Palmas, and his recent showing against England, dude is the most inconsistent player in the SE at the moment, and I don't agree with Ogu playing at LCB, we've still got Omuero, who seem to have rediscovered form.

I thought Joel had something we were missing in the team, not knowing all he had, we were never in lack of. Onazi deserved to have make the 23 man list, but not Joel, and Onazi's weight isn't really helping his matter at all. Rohr tries to play him alongside Ndidi or Joel, I'd switch off my TV that day and go to bed.

Playing 3 at the back seems to be working for us against Non-African oppositions, of hope he won't want to experiment his failing 4-2-3-1 formation against Croatia with the hope of holding them off so we can change tactics in the 2nd half and join in the game.

I still remember Icon4s being against the formation on the grounds that we won't be utilizing our best players, who cares about our best players if we win?

Above all, I pray he succeeds, if he gets sacked, our youngsters would be the major casualty and our progress stunted once again.

All is set and done, success is all we hope for, whatever the outcome my blood remains green.

I'm off again.

But barca and some club almost always field same 11 barring injury. If the coach had been fielding different players and we loose, you'll be the first to say he keeps changing players.

He's been introducing players one or two at a time and that's the way to go.

The coach is not clueless as some people think. The result is not also deliberate. We simply couldn't win the matches not that we didn't want to win as some would make us believe. I still however believe that the cup is coming down here whether we play well or not

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:01pm On Jun 06, 2018
AIG07:

The man be like Croatia, all my 21players don play now, go figure out my plan. Hahaha... Oga TheSuperNerd. Abeg help me with a meme.

U know u have a point here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:03pm On Jun 06, 2018
mank1234:

But barca and some club almost always field same 11 barring injury. If the coach had been fielding different players and we loose, you'll be the first to say he keeps changing players.

The coach is not clueless as some people think. The result is not also deliberate. We simply couldn't win the matches not that we didn't want to win as some would make us believe. I still however believe that the cup is coming down here whether we play well or not

Bros I was nodding in agreement with everything you posted here until you mentioned that Cup part. If na play stop am abeg.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:04pm On Jun 06, 2018
@bolded.... Some people are just good at saying in one sentence what it will take me to say in ten! Very balanced... You hit the nail well.

mank1234:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:08pm On Jun 06, 2018
ChrisKels:

we also overrated you and your fake information here, but did we call for your head on this thread? grin

Of all people to be condemning Rohr, na you wey get PHD in disappointing people dey talk. Guy abeg goan cry on an Egyptian forum cheesy

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LieDetector(m): 10:09pm On Jun 06, 2018
Joebie:
He is Ghanian. Specifically one of those trolls. U no see he dance steps? Hahaha

Ogu or somebody tried pushing him abi?
lmao @his dance steps grin

Ekong pushed him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:10pm On Jun 06, 2018
Bolowolowo:
Coach Gernot Rohr after today’s loss to the Czech Republic:

“We’ve 9 days to be ready for our 1st match vs Croatia, as at today we are not ready. I am not sad because of this result, the result that matters will be in Russia.”

Why can't people grasp this?!?!?

The bolded is a scam that we have been falling for. Remember he always promised a better outing after each shambolic match throughout this preparation but what did we get after those high promises? Nothing but something Worst than the previous displays

I cant fall for his trick anymore. I have learnt my lesson for good
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 10:11pm On Jun 06, 2018
Joebie:
I love what u did on the pitch today. Nice dance steps
yes ,the one corner was infused with legbegbe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:11pm On Jun 06, 2018
Icon4s:

Let's imagine if it was Nigeria that lost 3-0 like that. By now the wailing on this thread would be deafening.
dem get excuse. Mo Salah no play cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:12pm On Jun 06, 2018
ChrisKels:

You'll still call for his head, that one is ultra defensive
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chilex9: 10:14pm On Jun 06, 2018
Everybody na coach for Nigeria sha....choi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 10:15pm On Jun 06, 2018
mank1234:

O Lord my God ,please make them make such ridiculous statements so when I come for their ass with their statements,I won't be called a troll.... Average team supporters
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 10:16pm On Jun 06, 2018
Icon4s:

Bros I was nodding in agreement with everything you posted here until you mentioned that Cup part. If na play stop am abeg.

Lolz.
The lion is not the biggest animal in the jungle.
Real Madrid won previous UCL and current one not because they were the best team.
We may not be the best, I just have this conviction that it's our time.

We'll become world beaters when we scale through the French team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 10:18pm On Jun 06, 2018
Bolowolowo:
Super Eagles run-up to France 98:

Jamaica 2 Nigeria 2
Germany 1 Nigeria 0
Yugoslavia 3 Nigeria 0
Netherlands 5 Nigeria 1

We finished in round of 16. At the end of the day, friendlies are carry no weigh and bear no significance.

#GWGTillIDie
#GWG4QF
if only they were playing well in the friendly matches ....y'all are bunch of below average team supporters and your wailings here after your mandatory 3 matches will be music to my anticipating ears
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 10:18pm On Jun 06, 2018
Mujtahida:
i believe in this team. i can do no less.

the cry now is lower your hopes, lower your expectations. its the trumpet blast from just about everyone

my hopes and my expectations remain steady

semper fidelis- always faithful.

so help me God

You know Steve farrar? You have read finishing strong?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:19pm On Jun 06, 2018
ChrisKels:

The bolded is a scam that we have been falling for. Remember he always promised a better outing after each shambolic match throughout this preparation but what did we get after those high promises? Nothing but something Worst than the previous displays

you sure say this bros never stake money on top these boys, see as grown man dey cry grin
ChrisKels:

you sure say this bros never stake money on top these boys, see as grown man dey cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:19pm On Jun 06, 2018
mank1234:

Lolz.
The lion is not the biggest animal in the jungle.
Real Madrid won previous UCL and current one not because they were the best team.
We may not be the best, I just have this conviction that it's our time.

We'll become world beaters when we scale through the French team.

Bros your own Dreaming pass Joseph own o.

I believe in this team but not to the level of winning the World Cup o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3958) (3959) (3960) (3961) (3962) (3963) (3964) ... (16196) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Lyster360, Philosopher1979 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.