Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,553 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3962) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11791176 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3959) (3960) (3961) (3962) (3963) (3964) (3965) ... (16196) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:20pm On Jun 06, 2018
Amedino99:
you should have said so after we qualified for the world cup
plastic fan

English Language is your arc enemy else u would have understood why I used a past tens "rated"
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elrony(m): 10:21pm On Jun 06, 2018
ChrisKels:
I over rated Rohr, that man I so poor. His ineptitude is unquantifiable. I dont have no single confidence in him anymore.

Why cant we have Herve Reinard as our coach?

Reinhard Bonkeè , I thought he was a prophet? grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:21pm On Jun 06, 2018
safarigirl:
dem get excuse. Mo Salah no play cheesy

Na Mo Salah go come defend goal for them.

OK o. This WC will be interesting sha.

Safari abeg you still have that article you wrote to plastic fans ahead of the last WC?We would be needing it again ASAP.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elrony(m): 10:22pm On Jun 06, 2018
Amedino99:
I just hope that we post a very good performance at the world cup so that it wouldn't be like we went to advertise our jersey in Russia

What kinda performance are you expecting, Moscow Fashion Week? cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:22pm On Jun 06, 2018
Thank you jare.... The guy get luck say na Ekong near am... If na Ogu... Those muscles for land hard on am... Hahahahahahahahahahaha...

LieDetector:
lmao @his dance steps grin

Ekong pushed him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chidexxy007(m): 10:23pm On Jun 06, 2018
Mehn, this sh1t is an eyesore. Qualifying from that group with this sort of display would be nothing short of a miracle

Jeezz
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 10:23pm On Jun 06, 2018
ChrisKels:
I over rated Rohr, that man I so poor. His ineptitude is unquantifiable. I dont have no single confidence in him anymore.

Damn! Your complaints are becoming so annoying, unnecessary, and perturbing! shocked sad

Why can't you just wait for the tournament proper before drawing up your conclusion on the coach? By the way, what gave you that bright impression that Herve Reinard would have performed better?

Please, let's be consistent and considerate! Act like a man,
damn! grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elrony(m): 10:24pm On Jun 06, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Chaaaiiiiii.... Gbam! Gbammer!!! Gbammest!!! I know we are not a perfect team... I know we have our frailties... But we have seen this team rise to the occasion even during the qualifiers....

I remember how we even had to analyse the "dreaded" Cameroonian team during the FIFA Confed cup... Yet the fears were all over the place...

Of how Cameroon will roast us and beat us home and away or that our best chances were getting a draw in Nigeria coz Cameron will come to "die" rather than be beaten... Bla bla bla...

They kept rubbing it in our faces on how unprepared we were... On how this was the coming of the African Champs... How we would shiver at the roars of the Lions...

Alas... What happened... We scripted a game that not even the best pundits could even see after putting all stats and analyses together...

Match day is always matchday... They forgot! They forgot too that the Super Eagles is not a team that cowers in the face of adversity... We rise and fight.. If we lose giving our best, so be it... It we win.. So be it... But we will always rise and give it our best. And when we do... The world stand s up and takes notice.

4-0 against the African champions... Nobody saw that coming. Not even the most optimistic among us all.

WE ARE NIGERIA... #WingsofAfricanPride... We have the respect of the continent for what we did in that group of death. They know that afcon 2019 will be hell for them when we reach there...

This is Nigeria... Let June 16 come.. What people thought had been scripted when the Lions came into town was totally torn to bits and pieces when the battle begun... All else was forgotten... What mattered was matchday.... What we put out on the field that very day.

This is the same team heading to Russia. So I believe.

That's the Spirit...

Super Eagles for Life!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elrony(m): 10:24pm On Jun 06, 2018
chidexxy007:
Mehn, this sh1t is an eyesore. Qualifying from that group with this sort of display would be nothing short of a miracle

Jeezz

El Oh El grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:25pm On Jun 06, 2018
ChrisKels:
This man left out some good players so that he takes his boys to Russia. A country that has a defense wrecker like Onyekuru is finding it very difficult to break a defense from the wing side.

If onyekuru was a Belgian, I doubt Thorgan Hazard would have made it to Russia. But down here, a wannabe Tactician with no clue whatsoever is grossly under rating him hence left him out of his 30man squad.

Rohr should be sacked even before we play Croatia
Thank you my brother. His decision not to take Onyekuru to the world cup, got me suspicious of Rohr's tactical nous and eyes for quality. Rohr is a good coach but i will give my final analysis of him after the world cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 10:26pm On Jun 06, 2018
ChrisKels:

Too extreme. He's not Pep Guardiola, but he's not Adegboyega Onigbinde or Kadiri Ikhana either.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 10:27pm On Jun 06, 2018
Mujtahida:

You be weak troll. I even thought you are an adept in savagery. I am disappointed. So in all your trolling, na woof woof full your belle?. Odunayaw don finish you with soft blows. Oya go rest, Agyemang. You don try today. Ka chifo.
I don't troll .. I speak truism
And the truth shall set you free
The scriptures said that years ago
I tell you ,I'm the son of man and I have the eyes
Your team is bound for group stage exit ,no more ,no less
Enjoy your three matches and come back here to submit your shining skulls for me to pour dust on it to show your mourning state
You Islamic scholar will see and testify that I'm not a beer parlour analysts like you or a drunk
Bookmark this for future reference...I'm gone
Wait ,not yet ...I have to say this
Your team is going to model for Nike
Deal with it

YOUR TEAM IS BELOW AVERAGE AND IF UNA PASS THAT GROUP STAGE ,MAKE I CHOP SHIT
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 10:27pm On Jun 06, 2018
ChrisKels:
This man left out some good players so that he takes his boys to Russia. A country that has a defense wrecker like Onyekuru is finding it very difficult to break a defense from the wing side.

If onyekuru was a Belgian, I doubt Thorgan Hazard would have made it to Russia. But down here, a wannabe Tactician with no clue whatsoever is grossly under rating him hence left him out of his 30man squad.

Rohr should be sacked even before we play Croatia

Clown! � Mehn, see frustration. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:28pm On Jun 06, 2018
Icon4s:

Na Mo Salah go come defend goal for them.

OK o. This WC will be interesting sha.

Safari abeg you still have that article you wrote to plastic fans ahead of the last WC?We would be needing it again ASAP.
lol.

You just took me down memory lane.

This was my article on Oliseh vs Enyeama back in 2015

safarigirl:
First off, I want all Nigerians to forget about qualifying for AFCON 2017, it won't happen with this rift.

Oliseh was wrong on all counts in this rift. The last player you should ever attack is the pillar of the team, the head capo, ask Didier Deschamps what Anelka did to him. Why pick on Enyeama? Enyeama has loyalists in that team that can and will rebel against Oliseh until he loses that job and they prove he was never meant to be a coach. Oliseh is displaying an arrogance he hasn't earned considering he's won nothing of note as SE coach.

And making Musa captain? Who will take orders from Musa? Is it Mikel, Emenike or the ousted Enyeama? Does Musa look like a leader? Apart from his scrawny nature, how old is he? Someone who can't even speak up when he's wronged, how will he speak on behalf of his team mates?

The only place Oliseh's myopic decisions will take he and that team is down. I just want him out ASAP cuz he's apparently not The Chosen One to bring sanity to our football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elrony(m): 10:29pm On Jun 06, 2018
mank1234:

But barca and some club almost always field same 11 barring injury. If the coach had been fielding different players and we loose, you'll be the first to say he keeps changing players.

He's been introducing players one or two at a time and that's the way to go.

The coach is not clueless as some people think. The result is not also deliberate. We simply couldn't win the matches not that we didn't want to win as some would make us believe. I still however believe that the cup is coming down here whether we play well or not

Seyi Law, is that you? grin grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:30pm On Jun 06, 2018
safarigirl:
we also overrated you and your fake information here, but did we call for your head on this thread? grin

Of all people to be condemning Rohr, na you wey get PHD in disappointing people dey talk. Guy abeg goan cry on an Egyptian forum cheesy

Lol I no get wetin to talk u dun finish me. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chidexxy007(m): 10:31pm On Jun 06, 2018
Bolowolowo:
Super Eagles run-up to France 98:

Jamaica 2 Nigeria 2
Germany 1 Nigeria 0
Yugoslavia 3 Nigeria 0
Netherlands 5 Nigeria 1

We finished in round of 16. At the end of the day, friendlies are carry no weigh and bear no significance.

#GWGTillIDie
#GWG4QF
Oshey.. Wehdon

Now take that squad and this one wey Rohr give us, now man 4 man compare and contrast when you finish dat one then compare the team that 98 squad lost to and compare this one..

Like i said its only a MAJOR MIRACLE that can make us survive that group.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:31pm On Jun 06, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:

You know Steve farrar? You have read finishing strong?
I started the book but didn't finish it. Semper fidelis is the motto of the US SEALS

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:32pm On Jun 06, 2018
Loollll.... I can see that the meltdown bug has also hit Hon. Chriskels...... Chaaaiiiiii... Just when I thought it was just Sir Royalty... But Oga Chris' own ehn... It is really a matter ooo... Bia Chris, you really gotta calm down now... Lol...

Who else will manifest meltdown mania before June 16? This is getting interesting oooo... Hahahahahaha

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chidexxy007(m): 10:32pm On Jun 06, 2018
elrony:

El Oh El grin grin grin
Brah, u reach this side too grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elrony(m): 10:34pm On Jun 06, 2018
chidexxy007:

Brah, u reach this side too grin grin

grin grin
Up Eagles For Life!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 10:34pm On Jun 06, 2018
elrony:

El Oh El grin grin grin
El-running you Waka reach here?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:34pm On Jun 06, 2018
ChrisKels:

Lol I no get wetin to talk u dun finish me. grin

Hahahahahaahahahahahahaha... Safarigirl give am knockout! And even he is mute and admits defeat... Oga Chris oooooooo....

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:35pm On Jun 06, 2018
jihday:
you sure say this bros never stake money on top these boys, see as grown man dey cry grin you sure say this bros never stake money on top these boys, see as grown man dey cry

Gambling is the last thing Chris Kelechi Ugo will indulge himself in. Find another thing to say bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 10:35pm On Jun 06, 2018
ChrisKels:

English Language is your arc enemy else u would have understood why I used a past tens "rated"
OK my bad but then your wailing is becoming annoying because the only person I expected to be ranting like this is southgate
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 10:36pm On Jun 06, 2018
ChrisKels:

OK my bad but then your wailing is becoming annoying because the only person I expect to be ranting like this is southgate
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elrony(m): 10:36pm On Jun 06, 2018
chidexxy007:

Oshey.. Wehdon

Now take that squad and this one wey Rohr give us, now man 4 man compare and contrast when you finish dat one then compare the team that 98 squad lost to and compare this one..

Like i said its only a MAJOR MIRACLE that can make us survive that group.

Only deluded folks think Nigeria will smell Semifinals at the world cup in Russia! !!! cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 10:37pm On Jun 06, 2018
(Off thread's topic)
I'm writing off this Brazilian team I'm watching on SS select 2. They don't have the trademark of champions if this is how they're going to play at the world cup: they are not calm while with the ball. As a result they sometimes misplace passes. Champions are calm when attacking and aggressive when they 're not with the ball.

Croatians are not slow as people think. They are swift or may be they're just trying to match the Brazilian tempo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elrony(m): 10:37pm On Jun 06, 2018
Unlimited22:

El-running you Waka reach here?

Make I no support my country again?

Biafra till death!!! cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chidexxy007(m): 10:38pm On Jun 06, 2018
elrony:

grin grin
Up Eagles For Life!!

grin grin

abi na.

Go Eagles Go Go Go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:39pm On Jun 06, 2018
klexycole:

Damn! Your complaints are becoming so annoying, unnecessary, and perturbing! shocked sad

Why can't you just wait for the tournament proper before drawing up your conclusion on the coach? By the way, what gave you that bright impression that Herve Reinard would have performed better?

Please, let's be consistent and considerate! Act like a man,
damn! grin

Bookmark the moniker and skip whatever post that emanates from it. Thats way to go. I didn't know u were here till u quoted me, maybe u ain't among those I read their posts grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 10:39pm On Jun 06, 2018
elrony:

Make I no support my country again?

Biafra till death!!! cheesy cheesy grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Oga o.
Make una no kee me abeg.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3959) (3960) (3961) (3962) (3963) (3964) (3965) ... (16196) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: comodo, gatecrash123, opes, chrisooblog, komekn(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.