Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,626 members, 7,865,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:57 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11958553 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4273) (4274) (4275) (4276) (4277) (4278) (4279) ... (16373) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:53am On Jun 24, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Simple. Pass to the guy with more space and time to score. Finito.

See as I dey look you

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:53am On Jun 24, 2018
OMANBALA1:
Is it not about time Victor Moses sits on the bench to figure out what he is at the world cup to do? That short man has continued to stifle Nigeria attack of any life left in it. I am completely depressed whenever he is on the field....If he is not falling with a little touch ,he is dribbling nonsense when he is not dribbling his forefathers out of space he is ballooning the ball. I am tired and frustrated with Victor Moses. And let me hear anybody call him the star player of the team. That AKPUDA contributes lameness to the team.

Whenever he has the ball his first instinct is to dribble and we all can count on our fingers how many times Victor Moses has had a successful dribble that resulted into a goal...VicMo is TRASH and he is not gonna improve. And dinosaur Rohr will not do the needful and bench he ,rather he will add spineless Ighalo and keep Iwobi on the bench.

The problem,of Super Eagles now is the coach,the danm coach!!
He needs to be fired ASAP.

Guy Vicmo is a good player, I love his talent but hate his attitude on and off the pitch in the national team because he doesn't seem to take us seriously.

That said, he was unplayable in our last match, ur bashing is uncalled for. No dey bash like person wey dey drink too much kaikai biko

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:53am On Jun 24, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Look that pass you were looking for is just like giving to a charity. It is commendable when done but it's also not by force to do.

Thank you. I wonder why people find it hard to say the truth. Dribbling around a simple point. It is not by force but at all times, just as Moses and Mikel made sacrifices for he team, others should be willing to make sacrifices for the team.

Our players should have it in mind they are playing for each other and passing to players in better positions is a big part of itm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:54am On Jun 24, 2018
Icon4s:

See as I dey look you

Pass to the player with more space and time.

Finito.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by diadem10: 11:54am On Jun 24, 2018
Truidstar:

Oga, you did not answer my question. I ask again, how many goals and assists has Ighalo's potency in front of goal produced since the Cameroon match?

As per your fears of Musa being man marked by the Argentines in your last paragraph; its obvious you have not watched Argentina recently. They leave a lot of space at the back which can be easily exploited by Moses, Etebo, Iheanacho and Musa.
Leave spaces indeed. It had to take Modric and Rakitic to put the game to bed against them.

Did you realise we were lucky against Croatia to have deployed the world best CM (Modric) as a DM against us? Even Rakitic was made to play deep against us. If Brozovic or Badelj had started to free both Modric and Rakitic like Broz did against Argentina or in the latter minutes against us, we would have been trashed in the 1st half against Croatia and even looked worse than the Argentines.

No one is disputing Ighalo's lack of goals for the national team. That aint the bone of contention here but the fact that he was more of a threat than Nacho.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 11:55am On Jun 24, 2018
Icon4s:

Nna Kolect five jale I bu onye ball.

I get what he was trying to push but its difficult to understand somethings when you are on the sidelines or watching the television. A lot of emotions are involved...lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 11:55am On Jun 24, 2018
Mickael2:

I would vouch for a 4-5-1 against Argentina. playing three at the back would create space out wide for Messi and or Dybala depending on who starts on the wings and these two guys can commit players. a 4-5-1 maintains that defensive rigidity especially since Moses has decided that whenever he okays as a wingback for us that he would be more concerned with attacking than defending

3-5-2 is still the best, it will look more of 5-3-2 when on pressure, which is more defensive than 4-3-3
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 11:57am On Jun 24, 2018
ChrisKels:

Guy Vicmo is a good player, I love his talent but hate his attitude on and off the pitch in the national team because he doesn't seem to take us seriously.

That said, he was unplayable in our last match, ur bashing is uncalled for. No dey bash like person wey dey drink too much kaikai biko

Go back and watch the game again but this time relax your mind.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LieDetector(m): 11:58am On Jun 24, 2018
My line up to take us to the next round

Uzoho

Balogun Ekong Omeruo

Moses Mikel Etebo Ndidi Ebuehi

Iwobi Musa

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:01pm On Jun 24, 2018
After carefully looking at different angles and suggestions, I think boss Icon4s point on having the force of full backs being critical to us cracking the opposition, I think our set-up in most of the second half of the Iceland game is our best set-up. Most especially having most of our most mobile players in front of the set-up makes a whole lot of sense.

We can press with force, track back with intensity and counter attack with insane speed. Even though I feel Moses would be devastating pairing as a mobile striker with Nacho, I feel him playing the wing back along with Ebuehi on the left will provide the right balance.

Fly Eagles Fly.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:01pm On Jun 24, 2018
jihday:
my Oga, we'll be under pressure throughout the game, this match will test our defensive organization I'm suspecting Dybala and Di Maria will start along with Messi and Aguero. that match na die

Even though they have not been at their best in this tournament

These names gives me the chills

But if our guys can hold their own, then their confidence will soar
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:01pm On Jun 24, 2018
somehow:

But iceland didnt outscore them nor did they even score against Croatia.

I dont think we can outscore them but its not impossible.
Oga we must out score them, if they score 1 we'll score 2 if they score 0 we'll score 1 or 2 sef

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:01pm On Jun 24, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Nnaa, na joke and I didn't actually call you a liar.
I heard something about him being sick....Sad sad sad. Kelechi Emeteole did some great coaching with Nationale when Okey Emordi was with Rangers...Good ole days

Yes he was a good guy, but it's quite a shame he couldnt do nothing meaningful back home. U need to see his house and the road leading to his house.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:03pm On Jun 24, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

I have nothing hidden in my Sleeves though, just wanna be peaceful with Everyone cos we are Brothers already!

There is something I certainly know; we all want the same for the Eagles - Success! Even those casting Aspersions upon the Team are doing it out of love for the Eagles.

You need to see how Peeps on the European Section followed and celebrated the Victory. Many of them just don't wanna have full Confidence in the Team like us here and eventually get disappointed.

One Love is all I want.
By leanings I meant religion. You appear liberal. Anyway one love
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:03pm On Jun 24, 2018
isan:
Until they surpass previous record

Ehn! Abeg no talk am o forget records on this one. I tell you Sir that if this team makes it into the second round at the detriment of one Lionel Messi in what is publicly know to be his last bite at the world cup, they will be forever remembered by football fans.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:04pm On Jun 24, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Pass to the player with more space and time.

Finito.
Bia afuo so re o

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:05pm On Jun 24, 2018
What time is our Senegal match?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:05pm On Jun 24, 2018
ChrisKels:

I think he takes us seriously, that perception you people have may be wrong, I think that's how he is, Just like ozil people keep saying he's not hard working but that has been proved as wrong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:06pm On Jun 24, 2018
OMANBALA1:

I get what he was trying to push but its difficult to understand somethings when you are on the sidelines or watching the television. A lot of emotions are involved...lol

In football 1+1 cannot be equal to 2 all the time.
It is humans that are playing this thing and not robots.

If Musa had missed it it would have been a different subject of discuss. But saying he made the wrong choice even after scoring is (In Chief Zebrudaya's voice)Fafafa..... fawul.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 12:06pm On Jun 24, 2018
Mujtahida:

By leanings I meant religion. You appear liberal. Anyway one love

grin

Not surprised! If you know, you know!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:06pm On Jun 24, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Thank you. I wonder why people find it hard to say the truth. Dribbling around a simple point. It is not by force but at all times, just as Moses and Mikel made sacrifices for he team, others should be willing to make sacrifices for the team.

Our players should have it in mind they are playing for each other and passing to players in better positions is a big part of itm

U can't compare that to Mikel and Moses playing another position because they felt that had to be done. Musa didn't have to pass that was the difference and he proved that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:07pm On Jun 24, 2018
Most impressive part of the set-up is the pace stamina and mobility of these Five players.

Really impressive.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:07pm On Jun 24, 2018
somehow:

But iceland didnt outscore them nor did they even score against Croatia.

I dont think we can outscore them but its not impossible.

can you trust our defenders and strikers and midfielders to be as disciplined as they were?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:08pm On Jun 24, 2018
ChrisKels:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:11pm On Jun 24, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

U can't compare that to Mikel and Moses playing another position because they felt that had to be done. Musa didn't have to pass that was the difference and he proved that.

So why complain when Moses wants to prove he has the ability to take on defence without passing. I did not say Musa has to but he chose the harder option.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:12pm On Jun 24, 2018
Scouts hovering around our young goalkeeping sensation, Francis Uzoho. The future looks secured.

If u know, u know

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 12:12pm On Jun 24, 2018
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 24, 2018
diadem10:

Leave spaces indeed. It had to take Modric and Rakitic to put the game to bed against them.

Did you realise we were lucky against Croatia to have deployed the world best CM (Modric) as a DM against us? Even Rakitic was made to play deep against us. If Brozovic or Badelj had started to free both Modric and Rakitic like Broz did against Argentina or in the latter minutes against us, we would have been trashed in the 1st half against Croatia and even looked worse than the Argentines.

No one is disputing Ighalo's lack of goals for the national team. That aint the bone of contention here but the fact that he was more of a threat than Nacho.
Keep telling yourself that. Whatever makes you sleep well at night. Am out. Cheers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:13pm On Jun 24, 2018
jihday:
I think he takes us seriously, that perception you people have may be wrong, I think that's how he is, Just like ozil people keep saying he's not hard working but that has been proved as wrong.

It is a joke and an insult to question the attitude ViMo brings to Nigeria. He works the hardest on the team. No matter what is going on up front Moses will always track back and defend. The wing he plays is usually unplayable thanks to the labour he puts in.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JSMMUYIWA(m): 12:14pm On Jun 24, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Simply put you should have said they should be unselfish in playing for each other in subsequent matches.
You made much argument for yourself.
I love your logic of view.
But really,the players must be made to understand their is no point in being competitive to score goals.
But the instance of Musa was a rear period of individual brilliance.
Let's give it to him.
I really hope The Super Eagles Up their later game(s).

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:16pm On Jun 24, 2018
ChrisKels:

Lol.

Chai cheesy grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by diadem10: 12:17pm On Jun 24, 2018
Eleniyan15:
Someone said Argentina Defenders, would man mark musa grin grin

How is it possible to man mark someone with speed It never possible except if the player is not in form.

The players doing the man marking will commit blunder one way or the other, you think say e dey easy to run with moving ball enter the box 18 Nawa oooo.(if you notice that the way musa entered the box 18 the iceland defender wasn't able to get musa, the defender was also trying to hold his hand but it never easy to catch someone with speed & running with ball, one kain morale dey always dey sha ni)

VicMoses , you can't man mark him no matter the position because he would still find way to dazzle.

Anyone playing on the wing let always give kudos, it never easy the day i played 2 facing one of the best dribbler on campus i was frustrated because you won't have time to catch your breathe at all.
Where god go punish you dem go use one two finish you grin grin grin grin .

Look at this one? Who is Musa that he can't be man marked? Is he better arjen Robben that was man marked the last time out? Lol. Abeg.

The only thing the team can do to help out Musa is ensuring there's another player that can offer up similar threat to take the opposition focus off Musa momentarily.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4273) (4274) (4275) (4276) (4277) (4278) (4279) ... (16373) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: justvictor57(m), Pidginwhisper, kellycute(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.