Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11755237 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4289) (4290) (4291) (4292) (4293) (4294) (4295) ... (16183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:19pm On Jun 25, 2018
Kog45:
Humility baba pls calm down on Ighalo issue.

Truly he hasn't live up to expectations but let's take it cool on this players.

We are playing Argentina tomorrow let's hope for the best and rally round the team irrespective of players picked by Rohr.

Some don't expect anything good from Musa in this WC but see Musa now,a saviour.

I will not deceive you we don't have any talisman when it comes to goalscoring and it will take a well convincing performance from Simy to start ahead of Iheanacho and Ighalo.

Simy coming into the team was to provide cover for Ighalo and Iheanacho and he has not done anything extra ordinary to bench this guys even in training.

Remember I told you Simy is not a high profile striker but you said NO which i agreed,different opinions must be respected.

I want you to see Simy as our hidden weapon that Rohr can unleashed anytime to cause havoc,pls let's wait for that moment.

Ighalo,Iheanacho and Simy are in the team to compliment not as rivals and this was the reason you saw Ighalo on the bench after Croatia and Iheanacho in XI against Iceland.

Pls don't be surprised to see Ighalo or Simy starting against Argentina.

It's team work and players understand this better than we fans.

Ighalo scored last against Cameroon in Uyo but unable to score against

1.Cameroon in Yaoundé
2.Zambia
3.Poland
4.Serbia
5.England
6.Czech
7.Croatia
8.Iceland

Iheanacho scored last against Argentina but unable to score against

1.Poland
2.Congo
3.England
4.Czech
5.Croatia
6.Iceland

Simy not yet there but i see him as our hidden weapon

Sir with this I if i have my way i will pair Musa and Iwobi upfront but no coach will do that with two strikers available who have done it before and normal for goal drought in football.

I think we are still good with Musa/Iheanacho or Ighalo.

My guy tomorrow is knocking and by the grace of God we are beating Argentina.

I saw what you did there. Lmao. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:21pm On Jun 25, 2018
Lol but our qualification is in our hands. The players should be determined to win and not worry about what Croatia does.

krattoss:
karma is a bi'ch I vuess cry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:25pm On Jun 25, 2018
Sir I must confess, you are the most unbiased person on this thread. Very balanced submission. I prostrate o.
Kog45:

We are playing Argentina tomorrow let's hope for the best and rally round the team irrespective of players picked by Rohr.

Some don't expect anything good from Musa in this WC but see Musa now,a saviour.

I will not deceive you we don't have any talisman when it comes to goalscoring and it will take a well convincing performance from Simy to start ahead of Iheanacho and Ighalo.

Simy coming into the team was to provide cover for Ighalo and Iheanacho and he has not done anything extra ordinary to bench this guys even in training.

Remember I told you Simy is not a high profile striker but you said NO which i agreed,different opinions must be respected.

I want you to see Simy as our hidden weapon that Rohr can unleashed anytime to cause havoc,pls let's wait for that moment.

Ighalo,Iheanacho and Simy are in the team to compliment not as rivals and this was the reason you saw Ighalo on the bench after Croatia and Iheanacho in XI against Iceland.

1.Cameroon in Yaoundé
2.Zambia
3.Poland
4.Serbia
5.England
6.Czech
7.Croatia
8.Iceland

1.Poland
2.Congo
3.England
4.Czech
5.Croatia
6.Iceland

Sir with this I if i have my way i will pair Musa and Iwobi upfront but no coach will do that with two strikers available who have done it before and normal for goal drought in football.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 25, 2018
SENEGAL AND NIGERIA SHALL MOVE ON IN JESUS NAME!!!!

14 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:30pm On Jun 25, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Oga what we need is pace against Argentina and not bully. Argentina don't like speedy players.

If you are to be truthful can you see Musa or KC winning headers against the Argentinian CB's

Uzoho is going to be under pressure from the high press that Argentina will adopt against us, they know we are slow very slow starters in games.Add to that i can see Omeruo not playing out under pressure but having a no nonsense and risk free approach to defending, which means he will be pumping long balls under pressure.

Those long balls will not find KC or Musa, they just dont have the physicality to deal with that.

So if you want to create a goal threat from unsettling the Argentinian CB's with physical presence, bullying and with hold-up play then Ighalo is your man.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:35pm On Jun 25, 2018
oloriooko:

Senegal like other African countries at the WC lack mental endurance despite being a very good side
Senegal amongst the African countries was handed the easiest group yet if they are not careful will fail to qualify

But I don't think Columbia will work over Senegal. It will be a tough match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:45pm On Jun 25, 2018
M7even:

The Colombian team was a man down as early as the third minute. Hopefully Senegal can have them play a man down again, and this will make it easier like the Japanese side had it with Colombia. But 11 against 11, I'd have to give kudos to the Senegalese side if they scale through

Senegal doesn't need to play a 10 man Columbia before they do well. They are equal to the task.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joelayomide(m): 3:14pm On Jun 25, 2018
NDIDI ALONE WILL HAVE MESSI POCKETED, BALOGUN AND EMERUO WILL SINGLEHANDEDLY TAKE CARE OF ANY OTHER MORAFUCKA FORWARDER THEY WILL BE PARADING TOMORROW.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:14pm On Jun 25, 2018
komekn:

If you are to be truthful can you see Musa or KC winning headers against the Argentinian CB's

Uzoho is going to be under pressure from the high press that Argentina will adopt against us, they know we are slow very slow starters in games.Add to that i can see Omeruo not playing out under pressure but having a no nonsense and risk free approach to defending, which means he will be pumping long balls under pressure.

Those long balls will not find KC or Musa, they just dont have the physicality to deal with that.

So if you want to create a goal threat from unsettling the Argentinian CB's with physical presence, bullying and with hold-up play then Ighalo is your man.

Against Croatia, they couldn't control the midfield because we won the balls and passed well. So, there was no much pressure on us.

Therefore, I don't except Argentina to control the midfield because their midfield is not better than that of Croatia. We will win the battle in the midfield and control the tempo of the game.

However, once they spread the balls to the wings, we can struggle because they are fast and good but I don't expect us to give much room to their wingers.

We should close them down before they get to the ball with two players and also attack from the wings. It will force their wingers to withdraw deep into their half and that will make it easy to restrict them to their half. In such case, they will resort to long balls.

But I expect them to throw caution to the wind by placing there wingers far away from their half leaving enough space.

This is where Ahmed Musa and Iheanacho can exploit the space with pace counter attacks.

I think Victor Moses should play alongside Ahmed Musa to execute this rapid attack or draw fouls that can get the Argentine defense cards. Yes, card is part of the game. It could stop dem from unnecessary foul or get sent out.

Finally, I don't think we need hold on play rather fast counter attack play.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:25pm On Jun 25, 2018
Kog45:
Doctors in the house,pls more explanation needed on fractured metacarpal injury.

CC:Michael2,DRLIKITA,Bengine and all rounder tbaba1234

There are 5 Metacarpal bones in each hand that support the fingers. Apparently, he broke one of them. He will be able to play with a cast on his hand.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:26pm On Jun 25, 2018
Salah don miss one on one but na em dem say make Ahmed pass.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:31pm On Jun 25, 2018
lakesidepapa:
Gbam1

I was having a convo with a barca fan of mine today about d game and he boldly told me he would be supporting Argentina tomorrow cus of Messi...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:35pm On Jun 25, 2018
My biggest fear is Aguero, big game player, most lethal striker in the world and very hard to mark. Scores from outside the box and a incredible poacher when necessary. Scores with feet and although short, is a brilliant header.

I just hope he has truly fallen out with Sampaoli.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:38pm On Jun 25, 2018
I think we should play with 3-5-2 formation against Argentina.

.................................. Uzoho.......

............ Balogun......... Ekong............. Omeruo...

Ebuehi.............Ndidi.............. Mikel........... Brian.....

..................................Etebo...............

........... Victor................................. Ahmed..

It's better like this because when we defend, the defense will form a paralle line with five players while Victor and Ahmed defend on the wings.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:38pm On Jun 25, 2018
komekn:

How many headers has Ighalo even scored for the super eagles?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:42pm On Jun 25, 2018
forgiveness:

I think we should play with 3-5-2 formation against Argentina.

.................................. Uzoho.......

............ Balogun......... Ekong............. Omeruo...

Ebuehi.............Onazi............... Mikel........... Brian.....

..................................Etebo...............

........... Victor................................. Ahmed..

It's better like this because when we defend, the defense will form a paralle line with five players while the Victor and Ahmed defend on the wings.

You are joking.. a fat and foul loving Onazi ahead of a workaholic Ndidi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:44pm On Jun 25, 2018
Danielnino00:

You are joking.. a fat and foul loving Onazi ahead of a workaholic Ndidi?

Chaiiiiiiiiiiiii! shocked shocked shocked shocked

My bad.

Modifypost fast fast. grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 3:47pm On Jun 25, 2018
komekn:

this your constant talk about hold up play dey irritate me abeg. You don’t have the interest of the team at heart. How many time ighalo hold up play don favours the team? Why are you supporting mediocrity? Your plans will not work mister. See ehn I am from edo state same With ighalo but i don’t even wanna see him in the dressing room less alone starting the game. We need forward with goal instinct and bastard shot for leg... nacho all all the way!!!!

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:51pm On Jun 25, 2018
Seems like Idowu is ineligible to play tomorrow game...
he has accumulated two straight yellow cards and is suspended.

**Modified... Nobody is suspended... both Ekong and Idowu have a card each
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:52pm On Jun 25, 2018
forgiveness:

Chaiiiiiiiiiiiii! shocked shocked shocked shocked

My bad.

Modifypost fast fast. grin

grin I thought u were being serious..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 3:53pm On Jun 25, 2018
Kog45:

1.Cameroon in Yaoundé
2.Zambia
3.Poland
4.Serbia
5.England
6.Czech
7.Croatia
8.Iceland

1.Poland
2.Congo
3.England
4.Czech
5.Croatia
6.Iceland

against England, Czech Republic and Croatia, how many minutes nacho played? Ighalo don get straight run of games with more minutes but he nor even know where goal post dey. I’m sure someone gonna do analysis of the number of minutes played between nacho and ighalo. Ighalo can not score, he is always fond of standing close to his marker and backing the goal post. No dynamic movement and goal instinct at all from his play.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 3:54pm On Jun 25, 2018
my own is that tomoro all d following are bound to happen
1. messi wil surely get a freekick in his usual position

2. there will surely be a close penalty call tmoro

3. Argentina wil score us and we wil score too

4.Argentina wil bow out with disappointment tmoro

5.Naija wil play counter attacking football tmoro

6.Argentina wil in the closing hours of the game mount pressure on us by locking us down in our box 18 with missiles coming from left,right and centre

get ready for dis soccer showdown tomoro

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 3:55pm On Jun 25, 2018
Then He/She might get affected with the curse, not patriotic at all. ahah

Danielnino00:

I was having a convo with a barca fan of mine today about d game and he boldly told me he would be supporting Argentina tomorrow cus of Messi...

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:00pm On Jun 25, 2018
Danielnino00:

grin I thought u were being serious..

For where!? Hahahahahaha!

I can only thing about Onazi if Mikel is not playing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:00pm On Jun 25, 2018
tbaba1234:

There are 5 Metacarpal bones in each hand that support the fingers. Apparently, he broke one of them. He will be able to play with a cast on his hand.
Thanks.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:02pm On Jun 25, 2018
kellycute:
against England, Czech Republic and Croatia, how many minutes nacho played? Ighalo don get straight run of games with more minutes but he nor even know where goal post dey. I’m sure someone gonna do analysis of the number of minutes played between nacho and ighalo. Ighalo can not score, he is always fond of standing close to his marker and backing the goal post. No dynamic movement and goal instinct at all from his play.
Sir,my post is not Iheanacho vs Ighalo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:03pm On Jun 25, 2018
Bolowolowo:
SENEGAL AND NIGERIA SHALL MOVE ON IN JESUS NAME!!!!

I fear for Senegal,they should have won Japan.

That Colombia team is something else
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:06pm On Jun 25, 2018
forgiveness:

Senegal doesn't need to play a 10 man Columbia before they do well. They are equal to the task.

I pray for Senegal to qualify,but if they play Colombia the way they played Japan with their defensive mistakes then sorry bro they are not equal to the task and they will be out,hope you watch Colombia game yesterday ? They beat Poland 3-0 hands down
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:07pm On Jun 25, 2018
kellycute:

How did Iwobi score against England?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TSOM(m): 4:10pm On Jun 25, 2018
Danielnino00:

He's not alone. Most Nigerian Barça fans want Messi (Argentina) to win; to win every international competition, even if it's against us.

It's probably unpatriotic but we can't even explain away the irrationality. Only Barça fans understand why we are that fanatical.

It is wrong but it feels so right.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:13pm On Jun 25, 2018
komekn:

Your Ighalo that knows how to head how many has he scored?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:22pm On Jun 25, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Your Ighalo that knows how to head how many has he scored?
lol....funny thing is Kelechi has scored a header for us, but Ighalo has never

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4289) (4290) (4291) (4292) (4293) (4294) (4295) ... (16183) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 123jamessmith, PDPGuy, elyte89, opes, damagnificentusb(m), hatakekakashi, Napoleon55(m), Ppogbae and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.