Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,179 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11613985 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4297) (4298) (4299) (4300) (4301) (4302) (4303) ... (16127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LieDetector(m): 10:52am On Jun 26, 2018
asha80:
did you watch last match france played against peru?
I did not. Talking about their first game I watched.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 10:53am On Jun 26, 2018
Spy360:

If you think hold up play is not important, then why is Giroud at the WC and not Lacazette or Martial for France?

Why was Tiimo Weiner picked and Sane dropped for Germany?
we be France? Let’s stick with our wining formulae, since ighalo’s hold up play ain’t cutting it for us.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 10:56am On Jun 26, 2018
bengine:
To beat Argentina tomorrow, we need to take a cue from Croatia..

First Of all we need to do a high press so Argentina doesn't build up play from the back..let them kick the ball in the air which means 50-50 chance to get the ball back and automatically they become less dangerous since most of their strikers are short...

To neutralize messi, you need proper space engineering...never give messi room to run at you from the center and do combination play...we need to crowd that midfield whenever Argentina has possession, this would render messi less effective since he thrives on pocket of space left out by midfielders..Etebo would really have his hands full..its much easier for him to mark messi since he also has a low center of gravity!!!

I hope our players would not be selfish tomorrow and play with each other..its all about the team winning!!!

This is a game I believe we can win...we just need to get our tactics right and the players have to be alert for 90mins..no loosing YOU NAILEDF concentration
u nailed it get tactics right .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 10:56am On Jun 26, 2018
RB007:
Most fans here are just being Patrotic and not logical.
I mean, how can that S.E team that played crap against Croatia & A lackadaisical first half vs Iceland, beat that Argentine team.....How? Pray/Hope for a woeful performance from Messi&Argentina again?

Royal Black (RB), is that you?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 26, 2018
klexycole:

Royal Black (RB), is that you?
Ray(R) Ban (B)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 11:00am On Jun 26, 2018
SeunWedsLinda:
The day of reckoning is here. It's sad this is coming from me but we have to tell each other the truth. Argentina will beat us blue black and progress to the round of 16. Every element in the build up to this great game and in the course of the game points at an all Argentina win. From the crop of players, motivating factor, the appointed Referee, VAR and fans. We do not stand a chance against the Argentines. You can adduce this to me exhibiting defeatist tendencies but on the contrary, it's me being courageous enough to set the records straight. To tell you what y'all dread in this critical period. To lessen the burden you bear from the brunt of an imaginary fairy tale where Nigeria will beat Argentina and probably win the world cup. As y'all brace up for 7pm. I admonish you not to get your hopes high. Even if Nigeria scores first. Your coach already knew he stands no chance. Reason he keeps flogging on his squad being "a squad for the future". Your players already know this. Reason they celebrated so well against iceland like it's the world cup final. They didn't want to bow out without a point. I'm not a prophet of doom but a sayer of truth.
The super eagles lack the experience to professionally execute their tactics in a game of this magnitude. Africa will not make it past the group stage. Boycott this game if you can't take a heartbreak. If you are diabetic, and if you are easily tensed up. Watch it if you've got a brave and lions hearty. As for me, I'll watch on with a bottle of bear to calm myself down from a hectic schedule.
take your defeatist and low self esteem and vamoose from this thread before I lose my cool on you. Who give a f.uck about your so called moment of truth? Keep it to yourself and stop talking rubbish here, and for those people who like your defeatist mentality post should also get the f.uvk out of the thread with their so called moment of truth. Ain’t telling you to believe in our team but ain’t gonna let you keep staining the mind of those people who chose to believe in the possibility of our wining today. Just keep your whatever moment of truth to yourself and let other who wanna believe keep believing. Enough is enough.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 11:04am On Jun 26, 2018
RB007:

Ray(R)
Ban (B)

Opari. Irrespective of what happens today, we aren't afraid. We are solidly with and behind this team. So, you guys shouldn't scare us with those words of yours.

Anyway, the land is Green. Go Eagles!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 11:06am On Jun 26, 2018
LieDetector:
I did not. Talking about their first game I watched.
giroud started their last match
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 26, 2018
klexycole:

Opari. Irrespective of what happens today, we aren't afraid. We are solidly with and behind this team. So, you guys shouldn't scare us with those words of yours.

Anyway, the land is Green. Go Eagles!

cheesy Of course
We are solidly behind them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 11:08am On Jun 26, 2018
Are you sure? he has blown alot of matches which didn't favor Barcelona so i doubt
LieDetector:
a die hard Messi fan. The politics has just begun. FIFA know what they're doing.

They want Messi to qualify by all means possible.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LieDetector(m): 11:31am On Jun 26, 2018
somehow:
Are you sure? he has blown alot of matches which didn't favor Barcelona so i doubt
he's officiated 5 Barca games where Barca won 4 and drew 1.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 11:35am On Jun 26, 2018
I notice some people don’t have believe in their own ability, always giving up when face with challenge. Life ain’t gonna give you that which you deserve, you gotta have to earn it, you gotta have to fight to get it, you gotta have to stand tall and face whatever challenges against you and your set goal. Y’all stop giving excuses why yall can’t get what you want. This is the same kind of defeatist mentality most people also exhibit in their daily lives. They don’t have confident and believe in the possibility of what they wanna get out of life, so they like to hide under the mantra of ‘I’m a realist so I gotta say it how I see it’. They are trying to avoid dissapointment when their believing goes south.
What’s dissapointment? It is part of life and it don’t really matter how many time you gt disappointed or get knock down but the important thing is to get up and keep fighting for what you want. I ain’t talking about football but I’m trying to expand it to other sphere of life. Believe in yourself, believe in the possibility of what you want out of life even if all odds are against you. The real battle of life start from the mind. If you can win the battle in the mind, you can win the battle in life. Come on, you can’t defeat a man who refuse to give up!
When I came to Dubai to search for Job, lot of people told me to accept any job at all Cos as a Nigerian you can’t get professional Job here without uae experience but I stood my ground. I went out searching for only Safety professional job despite not having uae experience at all. All odds was against me, so many companies turned me down but my mind remains fixed on my goal. Nobody ever believe in me, nobody ever believe in the possibility of my dream of getting what I want but my mind was fixed and steadfast on my goal despite no way out of it. Thereafter, I got a Safety job ,and I am the only black man occupying top position in my company and I have two assistants (white with uae experience) despite not having uae experience. I ain’t trying to blow my trumpet but I want some people to know the effect of self belief and positive attitude. This virtue send positive energy which can nourish your mind and give you the impetus to thrive forwards and to think outside the box. Stop this defeatist mentality and start believing.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 11:39am On Jun 26, 2018
And did he favor Barcelona in the 4 wins? if yes, mention instances
LieDetector:
he's officiated 5 Barca games where Barca won 4 and drew 1.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LieDetector(m): 11:42am On Jun 26, 2018
somehow:
And did he favor Barcelona in the 4 wins? if yes, mention instances
I can't vividly recall but fresh out of my memory is the sending off of John Terry against Barca in camp nou. The match ended in a draw courtesy of torres's injury time strike.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 11:45am On Jun 26, 2018
And was the sending off worth it or not?

LieDetector:
I can't vividly recall but fresh out of my memory is the sending off of John Terry against Barca in camp nou. The match ended in a draw courtesy of torres's injury time strike.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LieDetector(m): 11:46am On Jun 26, 2018
kellycute:
I notice some people don’t have believe in their own ability, always giving up when face with challenge. Life ain’t gonna give you that which you deserve, you gotta have to earn it, you gotta have to fight to get it, you gotta have to stand tall and face whatever challenges against you and your set goal. Y’all stop giving excuses why yall can’t get what you want. This is the same kind of defeatist mentality most people also exhibit in their daily lives. They don’t have confident and believe in the possibility of what they wanna get out of life, so they like to hide under the mantra of ‘I’m a realist so I gotta say it how I see it’. They are trying to avoid dissapointment when their believing goes south.
What’s dissapointment? It is part of life and it don’t really matter how many time you gt disappointed or get knock down but the important thing is to get up and keep fighting for what you want. I ain’t talking about football but I’m trying to expand it to other sphere of life. Believe in yourself, believe in the possibility of what you want out of life even if all odds are against you. The real battle of life start from the mind. If you can win the battle in the mind, you can win the battle in life. Come on, you can’t defeat a man who refuse to give up!
When I came to Dubai to search for Job, lot of people told me to accept any job at all Cos as a Nigerian you can’t get professional Job here without uae experience but I stood my ground. I went out searching for only Safety professional job despite not having uae experience at all. All odds was against me, so many companies turned me down but my mind remains fixed on my goal. Nobody ever believe in me, nobody ever believe in the possibility of my dream of getting what I want but my mind was fixed and steadfast on my goal despite no way out of it. Thereafter, I got a Safety job ,and I am the only black man occupying top position in my company and I have two assistants (white with uae experience) despite not having uae experience. I ain’t trying to blow my trumpet but I want some people to know the effect of self belief and positive attitude. This virtue send positive energy which can nourish your mind and give you the impetus to thrive forwards and to think outside the box. Stop this defeatist mentality and start believing.
a thousand likes for you.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LieDetector(m): 11:47am On Jun 26, 2018
somehow:
And was the sending off worth it or not?

ain't worth it sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 11:55am On Jun 26, 2018
Mujtahida:

Please somebody give this patriot a cool beer.
. Cheers man cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 11:56am On Jun 26, 2018
LieDetector:
a thousand likes for you.
wow you fit read am finish
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 12:00pm On Jun 26, 2018
LieDetector:
ain't worth it sir

Oga inasmuch as we want Nigeria to win, we do not need to make up things na. He even got a 3 match ban.

Even Terry apologised to his teammates and the fans after the red card. It was worth it so lets stop this conspiracy theory.

Apart from VAR, i doubt if the ref will do something so balant against us.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LieDetector(m): 12:05pm On Jun 26, 2018
Exclusive – Super Eagles Line Up For Argentina Clash, Rohr Retains 3-5-2 Formation

The Nigeria national team will line up in a 3-5-2 formation when they take on Argentina later today in their final group game at the Russia 2018 World Cup, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.
Coach Gernot Rohr retained same set of players who started the game against Iceland for today’s clash as the Eagles hope to clip Argentina like they did in November in a friendly game played in Russia.
Nigeria switched to 3-5-2 in the second half of the November friendly and clawed their way back from trailing 1-2 to winning 4-2, and Rohr will use same tactics today hoping for same result.

Full Line up.
Francis Uzoho
Kenneth Omeruo
Bryan Idowu
Leon Balogun
William Troost-Ekong

John Obi Mikel
Oghenekaro Etebo
Victor Moses
Wilfred Ndidi
Ahmed Musa
Kelechi Iheanacho

Source : OGN

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Caspian22(m): 12:13pm On Jun 26, 2018
5 Things Nigeria Must Do To Beat Argentina Find out now!
https://www.yoursoccerblog.com/nigeria-must-beat-argentina/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ObaOni(m): 12:16pm On Jun 26, 2018
one Tuesday evening sometimes last year in Russia, Super eagles defeated Argentina by 4:2.
It is another Tuesday evening in Russia tonight, hope we can have similar experience!

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:21pm On Jun 26, 2018
Too many viruses today. I’m just hoping Nigeria wins so all this lovers of Barca over country can just accept their fate and stop comparing that dude to Ronaldo. This insanity is all about the Ronaldo rivalry I know. Nigeria will win today if the players refuse to respect big names. Rohr be warned, we will win only on that condition.

Modified
SE must ensure they are not behind at half time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:28pm On Jun 26, 2018
Nice one
ObaOni:
one Tuesday evening sometimes last year in Russia, Super eagles defeated Argentina by 4:2.
It is another Tuesday evening in Russia tonight, hope we can have similar experience!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:42pm On Jun 26, 2018
Icon4s:

And if they are still tied on Head to Head 5. Fair play rating
And after that?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainG00D: 12:46pm On Jun 26, 2018
ObaOni:

Was that friendly match played in russia? undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:49pm On Jun 26, 2018
Fadiga24:
Here is how Argentinian fans are expecting us to line up, they are in for a surprise
Why do you say so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:49pm On Jun 26, 2018
Fadiga24:
Here is how Argentinian fans are expecting us to line up, they are in for a surprise
Why do you think so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 12:50pm On Jun 26, 2018
somehow:

Oga inasmuch as we want Nigeria to win, we do not need to make up things na. He even got a 3 match ban.

Even Terry apologised to his teammates and the fans after the red card. It was worth it so lets stop this conspiracy theory.

Apart from VAR, i doubt if the ref will do something so balant against us.

It's like you don't know Europeans. You never see anything.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:56pm On Jun 26, 2018
kellycute:
Chief Habab,how is Dubai,Abu Dhabi, Ajman,Sharjah,Ras khamaen,Fujairah and my naija people for Deira park.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4297) (4298) (4299) (4300) (4301) (4302) (4303) ... (16127) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes, Samueltemi337(m), comodo, TheGoodJoe(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.