Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11651899 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4376) (4377) (4378) (4379) (4380) (4381) (4382) ... (16146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:14pm On Jul 05, 2018
andrew444:

Elderson Uwa Echiéjilé from Bendel Insurance to Rennes,i guess you never know about that

Now you are singing same music with me. We dont see such moves anymore.

Elderson and Taiwo moves were more than 10 years ago. A kid that was given birth to then, should be in the secondary school by now

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:19pm On Jul 05, 2018
andrew444:

Did ahmed musa use trial to join vvv venlo? Did alhassan ibrahim joined austra wien by trial before moving to portugal?

Brown didnt went on trial before signed by Neuchâtel Xamax

How many players has been transfered from ghana academy to better european club?

Ndidi from nath boys,kelechi forgotten the academy,what about kelechi nwakali? isaac success and co

I can give you many more

Compare those yeye clubs u reeled out there with Lyon and Lille before u argue.

About the Academies, u just showed u know nothing about Ghanaian football. Thats not our argument for now anyways

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:20pm On Jul 05, 2018
ChrisKels:

Imagine what u comforting urself with, Dauda didn't go to the world cup from the Nigerian league, he only joined the Nigerian league after exhausting the useful part of his career in other leagues.

Dude is even a PSL reject. He came to Nigeria because no Ghanaian club was keen on him. He is a former ghana international, so u dont have a case bro

I did not say dauda go to the World Cup from the Nigeria league,please learn how to read well .

Lol look at you e rejected psl and came to Nigeria league common bro I was not born yesterday

Dauda played at Ashanti gold of Ghana for long period so where is the useful league ?

He played at Orlando pirate for a season and he could only played 3 games,he played at chippa united for a full season and he could only manage 2 appearance,so what are you saying ? Man you don't know what you are saying okay.

He returned to Ashanti gold after his failure to get game time in South Africa league,after there he signed for enyimba and you are here making noise saying he played in useful league.

Next time if you don't know what to say then don't say it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:22pm On Jul 05, 2018
ChrisKels:

Compare those yeye clubs u reeled out there with Lyon and Lille before u argue.

About the Academies, u just showed u know nothing about Ghanaian football. Thats not our argument for now anyways

You have already disgraced your self by saying dauda played in a useful league

I hope the player will not play in Lyon b

Why will I know about Ghanaian football when I am not from Ghana just as you are
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:24pm On Jul 05, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Burkina Faso keeper that even Ojo Olorunleke for my Akwa United better pass, abeg make we hear word jor. None of the Nigerian players you mentioned had to do trials to get signed. This is where I have a problem, if you are going to say something at least be honest. It is not always the players. Clubs dont want to deal with Nigerian clubs because of their behavior in the past.

Yes Ojo is better, no wonder Ojo plays for Akwa while Koffi plays for the Lille first team in the ligue 1 grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:24pm On Jul 05, 2018
ChrisKels:

Now you are singing same music with me. We dont see such moves anymore.

Elderson and Taiwo moves were more than 10 years ago. A kid that was given birth to then, should be in the secondary school by now

lol you gat nothing to say,see your excuse

Let the so called Ghana player make the senior team of Lyon and not Lyon b
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:27pm On Jul 05, 2018
andrew444:

You have already disgraced your self by saying dauda played in a useful league

I hope the player will not play in Lyon b

Why will I know about Ghanaian football when I am not from Ghana just as you are

Show me where I said he played in a useful league or u face ur palm grin

I said he spent the better(useful) part of his career in other leagues. Do u have ish with comprehension bro? grin

The bolded just proved that u have been debating blindly all along. Why argue what u know nothing about bro? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:29pm On Jul 05, 2018
andrew444:

lol you gat nothing to say,see your excuse

Let the so called Ghana player make the senior team of Lyon and not Lyon b

Lol e pain am grin

Dont wish him bad, rather call out the authorities to do the right things in our league in order to place us where we truly belong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:29pm On Jul 05, 2018
ChrisKels:

Some me where I said he played in a useful league or u face ur palm grin

I said he spent the better(useful) part of his career in other leagues. Do have ish with comprehension bro grin

You don disgrace your self already so no need to cover up okay.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:31pm On Jul 05, 2018
ChrisKels:

A move Rennes regret till tomorrow bro. His failure is one if the reasons those top teams have turned their backs on us.

Aren't you overreaching too much? The guy spent 6 months there but couldn't settle. How can he be responsible for Nigerian players not getting signed?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:32pm On Jul 05, 2018
ChrisKels:

Yes Ojo is better, no wonder Ojo plays for Akwa while Koffi plays for the Lille first team in the ligue 1 grin

Such is life.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:33pm On Jul 05, 2018
ChrisKels:

Lol e pain am grin

Dont wish him bad, rather call out the authorities to do the right things in our league in order to place us where we truly belong

lol by saying he pain am to cover up your self,we already know the pained man here

As far as I am concerned naija league is better than Ghana league so you can take your opinion to the children who you see on the street
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:34pm On Jul 05, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Alhassan didn't need trials and neither did Stephen Eze or Afeez Aremu. We have passed that trials stuff Junior Lokosa's deal in Bulgaria ended because he refused trials.

Please with respect are you comparing French league 1 to Bulgarian league

I'm another post I went into some depth the SPECAIL relationship that exists between France and it's firmer colonies in Africa. That enables them direct access to French league 1, no bus stop no detour STRAIGHT.

Firstly the France National team is essentially an African team.

Something our colonial heritage with Britain HAS NEVER EVER DONE FOR US.

It's a shame really.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:37pm On Jul 05, 2018
komekn:

When did I do that? Abeg I don't need league education right now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:39pm On Jul 05, 2018
Etebo, Musa and Omerou were among the best performing super eagles and they all came from the NPFL.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:40pm On Jul 05, 2018
andrew444:

I did not say dauda go to the World Cup from the Nigeria league,please learn how to read well .

Lol look at you e rejected psl and came to Nigeria league common bro I was not born yesterday

Dauda played at Ashanti gold of Ghana for long period so where is the useful league ?

He played at Orlando pirate for a season and he could only played 3 games,he played at chippa united for a full season and he could only manage 2 appearance,so what are you saying ? Man you don't know what you are saying okay.

He returned to Ashanti gold after his failure to get game time in South Africa league,
after there he signed for enyimba and you are here making noise saying he played in useful league.

Next time if you don't know what to say then don't say it

From the bolded u can deduce that he is a PSL reject like I rightly said.

Boy u just contradicting urself bro, maybe U dont know the South African league is called the PSL

U dont have a point.

Besides, I never said he played in better league, rather he used the better part of his career to figure in other leagues before coming down here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:44pm On Jul 05, 2018
Considering all the problems our players from local league contend with.

The greatest problem is ourselves, if you see red eye hungry club chairman and agents sometimes multiple agents with ridiculous demands plus under table settlement you will run.

In 2013 an EPL team was interested in Sunday Mba what I experienced, I totally WITHDREW, I doubt if Mba knew what was going on.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:44pm On Jul 05, 2018
ChrisKels:

From the bolded u can deduce that he is a PSL like I rightly said.

Boy u just contradicting urself bro.

U dont have a point.

Besides, I never said he played in better league, rather he used the better part of his career to figure in other leagues before coming down here

lol you don already disgrace your self,keep on covering up

Dauda that could not make first team in psl,you cannot tell me he lacked offers from the Ghana league before joining enyimba I am not dumb as the people around you man.

Enyimba look like Europe to him,as far as I am concerned naija league is better than Ghana league,you are just suffering from inferiority complex.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 6:45pm On Jul 05, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Even Brazilian players go to places like Ukraine and Russia to kick start their careers so why is it a big deal if our players jump into top 5 leagues?
True but you still have your Arthurs, Gabriel Jesus, Richarlison, etc who go to top 5 leagues in addition.
We haven't had any sign our players in more than a decade.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:45pm On Jul 05, 2018
andrew444:

You don disgrace your self already so no need to cover up okay.

Dude Park, you are not smart, I actually thought ur unnecessary outburst against Southgate the other day was a mistake, now I am convinced you are so bereft of knowledge. sorry to say this bro, you are such a dumb guy

I wont reply u again, gotta concentrate on the smart guy goldfish80

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 6:46pm On Jul 05, 2018
goldfish80:

Ejike Uzoenyi went to Rennes from Rangers straight.
Good shout. It was on loan right?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2018
ChrisKels:

Nigerian club Sunshine Stars say English Premier League side Arsenal have never asked them to take Godfrey Oboabona on trial.
Media speculation last week
suggested not only did the Nigeria defender turn down the offer of a trial and but he criticised manager Arsene Wenger too.
"I never said anything about a highly respected manager like Mr Wenger showing me a lack of respect," he said.
Oboabona also says he was not aware of any invitation for a trial.
"I have had so many text messages, phone calls about it - the rumour that I was invited on trial was not true - I only read about it like everyone else," he explained to the BBC.
"I've always said I will take my time, focus on my development as a player and continue to give my best in every game. "At the appropriate time, when clubs must have seen me well enough, they will hopefully approach Sunshine Stars in Nigeria.
"My desire is to grow every day, sadly all the things written about Arsenal did not come from me."
The 22-year-old played a big part in Nigeria's victorious 2013 Africa Cup of Nations campaign and was also part of their Confederations Cup squad. He was an integral part of Nigeria's qualification for the African Nations Championship, the continent's tournament for locally based players only, for the first ever time.
The Sunshine Stars' chairman Mike Idoko also insisted there has been no approach from Arsenal.
"It all began in the media and ends there," he told BBC Sport. "If there was any substance to the
story, we expect Arsenal would
approach his club first. "We haven't had any official communication with Arsenal or any Premier League club about [Godfrey] Oboabona."

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23560257
LMAO! What a joke..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2018
goldfish80:

Aren't you overreaching too much? The guy spent 6 months there but couldn't settle. How can he be responsible for Nigerian players not getting signed?

Sorry it was an oversight, but that said, Uzoenyi was a big time failure Rennes wish they never encountered
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:48pm On Jul 05, 2018
edi287:
LMAO! What a joke..

Dey there nah grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:50pm On Jul 05, 2018
ChrisKels:

Dude Park, you are not smart, I actually thought ur unnecessary outburst against Southgate the other day was a mistake, now I am convinced you are so bereft of knowledge. sorry to say this bro, you are such a dumb guy

I wont reply u again, gotta concentrate on the smart guy goldfish80

Lol cry me a river you dumb folk

When things don't go your way you Begin to cry

To hell with your dumb analysis you coward

I have been watching you being rude since.

If I am not smart then you are a BIG FOOL,I never knew someone opinion is never smart when there is proof to all what I said,you have disgraced your self already.

Reply me back I have your time

Dumb idiot
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:50pm On Jul 05, 2018
edi287:

Good shout. It was on loan right?

Yes on loan. But did you know some people lost their jobs for that move after it turned out the boy wasnt up to scratch ?

Dig deeper bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:56pm On Jul 05, 2018
komekn:

I'm another post I went into some depth the SPECAIL relationship that exists between France and it's firmer colonies in Africa. That enables them direct access to French league 1, no bus stop no detour STRAIGHT.

Firstly the France National team is essentially an African team.

Something our colonial heritage with Britain HAS NEVER EVER DONE FOR US.

It's a shame really.

grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:59pm On Jul 05, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Such is life.
Really grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:01pm On Jul 05, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
Etebo, Musa and Omerou were among the best performing super eagles and they all came from the NPFL.

From the Nigerian league to which leagues and clubs as compared to the French league and clubs like Lyon, Lille, Anderletch et al
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:05pm On Jul 05, 2018
komekn:
Considering all the problems our players from local league contend with.

The greatest problem is ourselves, if you see red eye hungry club chairman and agents sometimes multiple agents with ridiculous demands plus under table settlement you will run.

In 2013 an EPL team was interested in Sunday Mba what I experienced, I totally WITHDREW, I doubt if Mba knew what was going on.

Lol my brothers wanna cover these things up and pretend everything is right with the league grin grin

The league is so poor that scouts rate rate our Academies higher. They see the academy as a better place to poach talents than the mediocre of a league

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:12pm On Jul 05, 2018
Joebie:
Wow. Now since Aneke also played in the Jupiler Pro League, how do you compare him with the likes of Olayinka, Awoniyi, Onyekuru, Bonaventure, and Kalu? is he ahead of the aforementioned?

Modified
Or rather midfielders alike like Ajagun, Esiti etc

He is not a winger. So, I can't compare him with those guys in that role. I can only compare him with Ajagun and I will pick him ahead of Ajagun though he is not a fast player.

The boy is too good to be in league 1. I think Ligue 1 or La Liga will suit his style. He had better go there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:16pm On Jul 05, 2018
Chrismario:

2014 or first half of 2016 is not just, a lot and I mean a very big lot has happened counting from then till now.

From league one to Belgian league is good but I want to remind you that it happens often so you shouldn't be marveled.

We are talking about a youngman that is not less than 25. Like I said earlier, It will be nice to have him in SE but not yet.

I am not saying he should be called into SE. I am telling you the reason he is in league 1.

This was his first full season after he can back from injury.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4376) (4377) (4378) (4379) (4380) (4381) (4382) ... (16146) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: zuchyblink(m), Suzzytee05(f), TheGoodJoe(m), shawwal1(m), justvictor57(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.