Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,265 members, 7,836,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11784882 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4598) (4599) (4600) (4601) (4602) (4603) (4604) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:31pm On Aug 27, 2018
charlesemeka85:
the bobo said sometime ago that there is possibilities that he may play for 9ja

A link to that or I dont believe it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:32pm On Aug 27, 2018
komekn:

Are any of these players better than Seyi Ojo ❓ who plays as a left winger and or left sided midfield f or Liverpool. He can easily play as a LWB.

He is not a regular for Liverpool no doubt Salah has limited his chances.

If these boys won't publicly declare their interest then what do u want us as fans to do? We can't force the coach to interest him but if he wants to play for us then that would be another story.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2018
komekn:

Giroud didnt score for France but his contribution was still immense.

Check Giroud overall record and report back.. Ighalo has been barren for Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:50pm On Aug 27, 2018
tbaba1234:

Check Giroud overall record and report back.. Ighalo has been barren for Nigeria.

5 goals in 26 games to starts his international career.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:51pm On Aug 27, 2018
komekn:

Giroud didnt score for France but his contribution was still immense.
comparing Ighalo to Giroud is as ridiculous as comparing Kelechi to Neymar.

Please, what immense contribution did Ighalo bring to the team in the absence of scoring? What is his immense contribution?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:58pm On Aug 27, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

If Ighalo starts scoring for Nigeria, he will get my support but based on the record at hand, we can do better.

Giroud has over 30 goals for france in 80 games. That is a healthy record

Ighalo has 4 goals. 2 in friendlies, 1 penalty and 1 goal in open play in over 20 games for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 4:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
komekn:

Rohr is very biased towards his home country and if you are in Germany playing for a moi moi club the 2nd tier and a permanent bench warmer. You have a better chance than a player playing week in week out in the EPL and or Championship winning MOTM awards.

That's the reality.

However if you are in Germany and even after a public refusal to play for Nigeria. The NFF will still be eating humble pie and making overtures towards you.

Examples?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2018
tbaba1234:

If Ighalo starts scoring for Nigeria, he will get my support but based on the record at hand, we can do better.

Giroud has over 30 goals for france in 80 games. That is a healthy record

Ighalo has 4 goals. 2 in friendlies, 1 penalty and 1 goal in open play in over 20 games for Nigeria.

The point is that at this stage in his career Ighalo(4-22) and Giroud(5-26) don't have much between them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:03pm On Aug 27, 2018
A two party system, however both parties are the same.
komekn:

Deviation from the main subject.

Nigerian politics is about self interest and the quest for individual power, benefit and the benefits that will come to those in your camp.

We don't have ideological differences in the political parties.

There are events in recent times that have created in-depth and deep seated discontent with Buhari. These events rightly or wrongly have created division on tribal, religious grounds as well failings in the economy and the issues of security.

These events create prejudice and emotive negative sentiment.

Thay means the only reason Buhari wins is because there is no credible opponent.

Considering the self interest seeking PDP it's very probable that Atiku will get the ticket. Essentially from the frying pan to the fire. In this regard Buhari will still win.

However, a Christian, Middle belt or south Nigerian origin candidate with credibility, unquestionable integrity and vision. Will win the election hands down if presented by the PDP. But that seems highly unlikely.

Unfortunately Osinbanjo cannot contest because it's re- selection for Buhari or hell fire and brimstone in the APC.

But the blind ambition of individuals in the PDP will make them unable to be objective and pick a winning candidate. As well as thier allegiance to thier North.

This is all because essentially we are running a two party system.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:20pm On Aug 27, 2018
andrew444:

Iheanacho was bought for 25

I know say you know but you go pretend like say you No No

They are talking £28-30 million ➕. What has KC transfer fee got to do with this. I am talking the here and now, Currently.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:43pm On Aug 27, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Ola Aina played in the championship last year and that comment about Germany is way out of line. U would do better to say that you don't follow the league instead of saying all that extra.

Ola Aina was the stand out player RB in the Championship last season. That's why he has gone to Torino which was among quite a few clubs interested in him.

I am biased towards English football, it is not the best technically particularly when you leave the top 10 teams in the EPL.

How many players have left the Bundesliga as bench warmers or non starters to light up the EPL

The extra you mention got you talking didn't it Lol.

I find the Bundesliga 2 very slow and laboured. I would rate the French Ligue 2 higher.

I really don't follow it that much, watching the odd game or two. But I'll be watching Hamburg Vs Armenia to see if things have improved tonight.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:53pm On Aug 27, 2018
charlesemeka85:
the kid is another with huge potentials. he is down the pecking order in anfield so he is likely to leave on loan to the championship with middlesbrough showing serious interest to take him on loan for the season but it seem liverpool wants to sell him outright. he was also linked with a move to bundesliga side wolfsburg.

Bundesliga is giving a lot of English players opportunity they can not get in the EPL.

However, last season Newcastle made a bid of £10million plus. But Liverpool declined.

He will get a club and permanent move may be on the cards. Don't forget Liverpool paid near £1.8 million for him at the age of 14 from MK Dons.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:57pm On Aug 27, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

If these boys won't publicly declare their interest then what do u want us as fans to do? We can't force the coach to interest him but if he wants to play for us then that would be another story.

You don't make your interest on the pages of newspapers.

The NFF recognise your talent and confirmed quality and consistency in your club. Then they invite you.

You don't blow your own trumpet.

You should by now guess that I have spoken to quite a few of these boys.

Some even speak Yoruba better than some of us here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:58pm On Aug 27, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

It's not great its actually very poor.

But my query is who do we have that's better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:01pm On Aug 27, 2018
Earthquake1:

Examples?

Jordan
Akpoguma
Uduokhai

All have been very lukewarm towards the idea of the SE, even rejected the offer. But we still courted them and tried to get them on board.

Meanwhile Dominic Iorfa was not even given a chance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:02pm On Aug 27, 2018
Bonaventure Dennis has been named in the Team of the Week in Belgium after he made the most of his second start for Club Brugge by scoring the opening goal to inspire the champions beat Anderlecht 2-1.

The Nigeria winger was quick off the mark as early as the third minute for his first goal of the new season.

This is only his second season in Belgium after his transfer from FC Zorya of Ukraine last term.

He also got off to a flying start last season, but eventually struggled as the campaign wore on.

The 20-year-old Dennis scored seven goals in 30 matches last season.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:06pm On Aug 27, 2018
henry onyekuru to start tonight for gala!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:15pm On Aug 27, 2018
Yes oooo... The Gala Man.... cheesy Henry-21 will be in action again and this time he will play from the right of attack in a 4-2-3-1. Last game, he played from the left. Hoping to see him have another superb game.

Meanwhile, Adeleke Akinyemi is in action right now for IK Start.

Finally, Simon Moses didn't make the match day squad for Levante's Monday night game because he is still recovering from injury and undergoing light training.

charlesemeka85:
henry onyekuru to start tonight for gala!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:40pm On Aug 27, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Oh my, pardon me but there is nothing more to describe placing Victor Moses as the Messiah and as the alpha & Omega of the Super Eagles in his six year stint while deriding Mikel and others as villains as "Childish". Infact, the truth is you started sounding like Solomon Dalung... Lol.

Dalung is known for making preposterous comments. Saying Moses was the all in all of the Super Eagles is not only preposterous but also synonymous with a Dalung comment. Please don't be a disciple. wink

If so, I will describe you as one who is simply full of himself.

In fact, you sound like Kim Jun Un. A notorious dictator and known authoritarian personality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 27, 2018
komekn:

You don't make your interest on the pages of newspapers.

The NFF recognise your talent and confirmed quality and consistency in your club. Then they invite you.

You don't blow your own trumpet.

You should by now guess that I have spoken to quite a few of these boys.

Some even speak Yoruba better than some of us here.

So that them go disgrace us and do us another Abraham ba?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:55pm On Aug 27, 2018
komekn:

Rohr is very biased towards his home country and if you are in Germany playing for a moi moi club the 2nd tier and a permanent bench warmer. You have a better chance than a player playing week in week out in the EPL and or Championship winning MOTM awards.

That's the reality.

However if you are in Germany and even after a public refusal to play for Nigeria. The NFF will still be eating humble pie and making overtures towards you.
while I am 100% sure that you cannot come up with an example to defend this ludicrous assertion, I would like to remind you of the one player who NFF rolled a whole carpet for and dude had the guts to shade them days later in front of a petty press.

If Rohr and NFF have decided to not touch English players with a ten-foot pole, it is probably because a certain Tammy Abraham who plays for the English U21 team these days, made a mockery of them to the world and they would rather not have a repeat performance from another one of the Queens' boys

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:56pm On Aug 27, 2018
Chrismario:

So that them go disgrace us and do us another Abraham ba?
no mind am.

The embarrassment NFF collected from that boy has dented whatever chances the English boys had. At least the Germans will not call an entire press conference to rubbish them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:01pm On Aug 27, 2018
komekn:

They are talking £28-30 million ➕. What has KC transfer fee got to do with this. I am talking the here and now, Currently.

Bad belle na 25 Leipzig wan pay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 27, 2018
komekn:

You said 25 and now shifting 30+. Anyway, price is just a number, what matters is performance.

Modified :
Andy don talk am sef
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:16pm On Aug 27, 2018
Those following Onyekuru.... are you seeing what i am sawing? See speed...see dribble...see shots...

Remains to score

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:20pm On Aug 27, 2018
Icon4s:

After playing U17 and U20 I so much rated this guy.
I loved the confidence with which he commanded the midfield then. He was one of my favorite young players then.

Well, let's see how this move will pan our for him.

same azeez who could not make a simple pass upfront against Iran in Brazil 2014 world cup.
please let us watch him first.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:31pm On Aug 27, 2018
Goooooooooal......The new golden boy scores

And is substituted...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:35pm On Aug 27, 2018
komekn:

Bundesliga is giving a lot of English players opportunity they can not get in the EPL.

However, last season Newcastle made a bid of £10million plus. But Liverpool declined.

He will get a club and permanent move may be on the cards. Don't forget Liverpool paid near £1.8 million for him at the age of 14 from MK Dons.

Can you tell me why your so called English team always fail in Europa league and champions league ?

You ass lick English team and you are a Nigerian

We got Chelsea fan Man U fan Liverpool and co and they support their team but yours is different from that.

I don't know maybe you are a cleaner over there in U.K and you clean the toilet of the stadium of those championship clubs,any it's none of my business.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:36pm On Aug 27, 2018
[quote author=safarigirl post=70666310 while I am 100% sure that you cannot come up with an example to defend this ludicrous assertion
, I would like to remind you of the one player who NFF rolled a whole carpet for and dude has the guts to shade them days later in the front of a petty press.

If Rohr and NFF have decided to not touch English players with a ten-foot pole, it is probably because a certain Tammy Abraham who plays for the English U21 team these days, made a mockery of them to the world and they would rather not have a repeat performance from another one of the Queens' boys [/quote]

That names below completely answer your ❓

Jordan
Akpoguma
Uduokhai

Second phase Amaju sometimes doesn't understand that yoi don't count your chicks in public with a loud speaker before thay are hatched.

That mistake caused the English FA to put a lot if pressure on Tega. He was damned if he signed for Nigeria and damned if he did not. He simply chose a career decision that would bring him more value u see the circumstances.

He made assumption about Tega on the basis of Warri connection. Tega didn't confirm or agree. He wasn't in relationship with Tega to make those kind d of sweeping statements in the press that he did.

However, the German boys of Nigerian origin have made public statement showing a lack of interest.

We should not be waiting for the English FA to recognise our boys before we do. We should be in relationship with them well before they blow. That's what good scouting is about.

Oviemuno and Ademola were at the Nigerian U17 selection and trained showed thier potential. But somehow nothing came off it. I wonder why ❓

Now after what those boys experienced at the hands of NFF officials. And yes Egunje came into play. Do you think they will be jumping to respond to the call of Nigeria on the pages of newspapers.

They will need an official response and invitation. Without the requirement to show monetary appreciation.

The problem isn't the boys but the NFF and it's approach.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:44pm On Aug 27, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

The point is that at this stage in his career Ighalo(4-22) and Giroud(5-26) don't have much between them.

There is a huge GAP where one player is being Idolised the other one is being CASTIGATED to hell.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2018
gamaliel9:
Those following Onyekuru.... are you seeing what i am sawing? See speed...see dribble...see shots...

Remains to score

waiting for him to score again, very good
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:47pm On Aug 27, 2018
safarigirl:
comparing Ighalo to Giroud is as ridiculous as comparing Kelechi to Neymar.

Please, what immense contribution did Ighalo bring to the team in the absence of scoring? What is his immense contribution?

You have probably seen BascoVanVeli post.

Ighalo and Giroud have almost identical stats, so how is the word ridiculous tenable here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4598) (4599) (4600) (4601) (4602) (4603) (4604) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: charlesemeka85(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.