Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,917 members, 7,814,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4659) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11636233 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4656) (4657) (4658) (4659) (4660) (4661) (4662) ... (16139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:52am On Sep 05, 2018
komekn:

One of the key thing gs about Brazilian football in comparison to England. I am speaking from my experience not media talk.

Is the large amount of teenagers given opportunity to play first team football. There is a mentality yo give young players opportunity quickly, it may be because they can sell potential for stupendous amounts of profit.

For instance Gabriel J. before he came to Manchester city had two full seasons of senior football under his belt.

Talent is only potential it needs development so if talent is not nurtured, developed, and made into ability. It simply remains talent after it stagnates and dies.

So for instance no matter what your talent if it's not being developed its stagnating and therefore diminishing.

Brazilian football doesn't allow talent to stagnate.

I had a talk with the former Assistant Manager at Sao Paulo about this.

Thank you.

Look at Alexis Sanchez for instance. In 2005-2006 season, he made 47 appearances for Cobreloa football club in Chile. He was between the age of 15-16 years. This is wide spread and normal occurrence in these countries.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:59am On Sep 05, 2018
Icon4s:

I am not running the U17 down but instead emphasizing the need to take the U20 more seriously.
U17 players should not be promoted automatically to the U20 but must be made to go through the same screening exercise as the other U20 candidates. Let there be a level playing field. We should not make that mistake again of promoting the U17 players with their coach to the U20. He will be more loyal to his former U17 players and leave some other players who would have added more value. I always make reference to how Etebor and Ajayi were snubbed by Manu and his crew for the 2015 U20. The duo would have been great additions to the squad.

I am for talent discovery, I am for talent nurturing, I am for players development but what I am against is selective development.

You commented on our home league being a major factor for players development from U17 to U20 yes, true. But you were here when peeps on this forum were blasting Aigbogun for selecting NPFL players into his team. Where do we start picking the Nigerian based U20 players from? The academies?

Komekn just made a vital point about how Brazil exposes their young players early enough to the Brazilian leagues giving them the necessary exposure. Which also a common sight in Nigeria football where NPFL Teams have a couple of 16, 17 years olds on their roasters. Which I think is equally commendable.

In the last few years Nigeria has never lacked in the preponderance of players 18-20years of age. The problem is just that we have not been carrying out proper selections.

I disagree with scrapping the steps gained because I believe in continuity. Spain promoted players like Isco, Thiago and Morata repeatedly until they got to the senior team, along with the manager, Josep Lopetegui. The idea of screening, selecting and promoting players is brilliant. What hampers it is mismanagement of the continuity. We need to emphasize on even stricter screening exercises as the team progresses and a systematic dropping of the U17 players. Keep in mind the U17 has chances of producing players within the right age brackets too.

The U17 team should remain the baseline and with stricter screening and selection, we push towards making the team far stronger.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:08am On Sep 05, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

I disagree with scrapping the steps gained because I believe in continuity. Spain promoted players like Isco, Thiago and Morata repeatedly until they got to the senior team, along with the manager, Josep Lopetegui. The idea of screening, selecting and promoting players is brilliant. What hampers it is mismanagement of the continuity. We need to emphasize on even stricter screening exercises as the team progresses and a systematic dropping of the U17 players. Keep in mind the U17 has chances of producing players within the right age brackets too.

The U17 team should remain the baseline and with stricter screening and selection, we push towards making the team far stronger.

I am not saying scrapping any step. Promote them to go compete at the U20. If they have the exceptional abilities they will still excel. No automatic shirts.

U17 is the baseline but we should not sleep on that and keep promoting players to Super Eagles based on U17 Performances. They need to prove their worth also at U20.

For us to have regular supplies of players for the Super Eagles we need to take the U20 more seriously. That is my point.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:54am On Sep 05, 2018
charlesemeka85:
nooooo we shouldn't approach him because we have onazi

Hahahaha. I can see your sarcasm

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bishop88: 9:55am On Sep 05, 2018
@Komekn... I will like to have a word with you... Email me with onakekefelix@gmail.com
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Petrobros: 10:00am On Sep 05, 2018
bishop88:
@Komekn... I will like to have a word with you... Email me with onakekefelix@gmail.com

Southgate, oya go answer query grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:04am On Sep 05, 2018
komekn:

Big Sam didn't take one kobo, not one penny exchanged hands. But he was talking about how you can circumvent the rules and sharp practices to gain advantage. He did not say he took any bribes but in the conversation it was implied.

In England it's not enough to be honest you must be clearly seen to be honest. Sam Allardyce put his integrity to question and compromised his position.

He had to go as a result.

Salisu was caught RED HANDED he clearly took the money

But is anybody SHOCKED nothing whatsoever has happened to Salisu, he should be facing a life time ban and criminal prosecution.

But you know, " This is Nigeria "

Ok I was wrong about the money but $1000 can never amount to a life ban na. Forget the this is Nigeria talk Rabiu Ali and Osas Okoro were right hand men to Salisu and Imama they were going to be in the starting XI regardless and most importantly there was no instruction with the money.

I personally was shocked because this had never happened with any of our coaches but that doesn't mean we line him up for the firing squad. After all what is my business if Kano Pillars decide to hire him?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:08am On Sep 05, 2018
Score Nigeria‏ @ScoreNigeria1

Following Following @ScoreNigeria1

#u17afconq AGE SCANDAL: Ex #Benin FA boss Anjorin thrown into prison, top officials suspended

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:15am On Sep 05, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
Score Nigeria‏ @ScoreNigeria1

Following Following @ScoreNigeria1

#u17afconq AGE SCANDAL: Ex #Benin FA boss Anjorin thrown into prison, top officials suspended

Way to go for a country that is really into fighting corruption.

No time for nonsense.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 05, 2018
Petrobros:

Southgate, oya go answer query grin grin
dude might be under probation grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 12:42pm On Sep 05, 2018
Icon4s:

No time for nonsense.

This world sef....is this not the man that was boasting that they will beat us silly...that our boys were too small?....he is already in prison....why did they set a committee to investigate first? grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:25pm On Sep 05, 2018
Unless he got mad for being called out on the stinkers he had in Russia grin

Has anyone been able to confirm Alex Iwobi's injury yet? Because he didn't show any signs of injuries the last time I watched him vs Chelsea.

O pari

tbaba1234:

According to Torino, Ola Aina has a small muscle trouble that they do not want him to aggravate. That is very understandable.

Ekong has been a very loyal player so i have no reason to doubt his injury.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:27pm On Sep 05, 2018
Aigbogun should please invite these FB players into his U20 team. They are still eligible to play for Nigeria U20 team.

1, Mujaid Sadick is 18years old and has played as a Center Back and Right Back for Deportivo Dr la Corina in the La Liga.

2. Deji Beyreuther will be 19 years old tomorrow. He is predominantly a LB but can also play as a LM and LW. Traded is mark in the Bundesliga 4th division with Eintrantc Frankfurt U19 last season though made the first team bench on two occasions. This season, he has been promoted to the first team.

3. Keanan Bennetts played 28 games for Tottenham Hotspur U23 in the Premier league 2 last season. His 8 goals with 5 assists from his Left Midfield/Left wing/Right wing positions (though played more as a LB) cought the attention of Borussia Monchenglabach to buy him off from Tottenham. He is currently in their first team and could get some game time anytime soon in the Bundesliga. He is just 19 years old.

4. Midhat Bajric is 17 years old Center Back with Hoffenheim U19 in the Bundesliga 4 division. He already garnered experience playing in said division last season.

5. Marvin Olawale Akinlabi Park is an attacking midfielder playing for Real Madrid Juvenile A team. He is just 18 years old.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:49pm On Sep 05, 2018
I was working on something similar sometime ago. I can supply u with those. Let me know when ur done with ur exams.

daveP:
Ive not kick started it. cosvof exams ongoing. But I'll need some primary data. Leagues and clubs Nigerians are. It's not gonna be difficult setting up. it's my field. But for time now.... asides that, it's very much on my mind.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:52pm On Sep 05, 2018
Iwobi did not feature im Arsenal’s last game because he was ill. Maybe his pulling out is as a result of the same illness.

Icon79:

Has anyone been able to confirm Alex Iwobi's injury yet? Because he didn't show any signs of injuries the last time I watched him vs Chelsea.

O pari

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2018
Icon79:

O pari

He missed the Cardiff match isn't that sign enough?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:07pm On Sep 05, 2018
forgiveness:
Aigbogun should please invite these FB players into his U20 team. They are still eligible to play for Nigeria U20 team.

1, Mujaid Sadick is 18years old and has played as a Center Back and Right Back for Deportivo Dr la Corina in the La Liga.

2. Deji Beyreuther will be 19 years old tomorrow. He is predominantly a LB but can also play as a LM and LW. Traded is mark in the Bundesliga 4th division with Eintrantc Frankfurt U19 last season though made the first team bench on two occasions. This season, he has been promoted to the first team.

3. Keanan Bennetts played 28 games for Tottenham Hotspur U23 in the Premier league 2 last season. His 8 goals with 5 assists from his Left Midfield/Left wing/Right wing positions (though played more as a LB) cut the attention of Borussia Monchenglabach to buy him off from Tottenham. He is currently in their first team and could get some game time anytime soon in the Bundesliga. He is just 19 years old.

4. Midhat Bajric is 17 years old Center Back with Hoffenheim U19 in the Bundesliga 4 division. He already garnered experience playing in said division last season.

5. Marvin Olawale Akinlabi Park is an attacking midfielder playing for Real Madrid Juvenile A team. He is just 18 years old.

Please don't expect miracles. He is based in England so he could even treck to see some of his targets there. I am not sure the NFF is backing him, he just happens to be in a good position to poach some players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:08pm On Sep 05, 2018
Icon79:

O pari

Iwobi missed Arsenal's last match due to illness.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:12pm On Sep 05, 2018
Icon4s:

No time for nonsense.

That is harsh na. We lose players to MRI every year. There must be more to it than that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2018
Icon79:

O pari

He also played against West Ham.

He was confirmed ill ahead of their last game against Cardiff.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:18pm On Sep 05, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

That is harsh na. We lose players to MRI every year. There must be more to it than that.

You don't know exactly what must have transpired. I understand an investigation was carried out first before this decision was taken.
The FA boss may have been involved in some shady deals and released some kind o fake MRI results.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:19pm On Sep 05, 2018
Gotcha. OK, I just want to make sure that he hasn't learned some of his uncle's tricks.

Some of y'all might remember when Jay Jay couldn't attend Super Eagles games because "missed his way to the airport" grin

O pari

Joebie:
Iwobi did not feature im Arsenal’s last game because he was ill. Maybe his pulling out is as a result of the same illness.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:21pm On Sep 05, 2018
Well, that makes sense because I noticed that he wasn't even in the match day squad against Cardiff.

O pari

Icon4s:

He also played against West Ham.

He was confirmed ill ahead of their last game against Cardiff.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:23pm On Sep 05, 2018
Icon4s:

You don't know exactly what must have transpired. I understand an investigation was carried out first before this decision was taken.
The coach may have been involved in some shady deals and released some kind o fake MRI results.

That was why I said there must be more to it but it is the FA boss they arrested not the coach so your guess is as good as mine.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:33pm On Sep 05, 2018
forgiveness:

3. Keanan Bennetts played 28 games for Tottenham Hotspur U23 in the Premier league 2 last season. His 8 goals with 5 assists from his Left Midfield/Left wing/Right wing positions (though played more as a LB) cut the attention of Borussia Monchenglabach to buy him off from Tottenham. He is currently in their first team and could get some game time anytime soon in the Bundesliga. He is just 19 years old.

I doubt say him go see this players

He go rather call over age men from NPFL

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:39pm On Sep 05, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

That was why I said there must be more to it but it is the FA boss they arrested not the coach so your guess is as good as mine.

Sorry, the FA boss I meant to say.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:41pm On Sep 05, 2018
andrew444:

I doubt say him go see this players

He go rather call over age men from NPFL

You obviously have not been following up with developments with the Team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 3:48pm On Sep 05, 2018
forgiveness:

Strong inclusions....Is there a way or a link to send these names to NFF in case they are in the dark? Can we bombard their email or AIGBOGUN S EMAIL with this footballers? In short who has Aigbogun s email here...? I want to start
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 4:06pm On Sep 05, 2018
gamaliel9:

Strong inclusions....Is there a way or a link to send these names to NFF in case they are in the dark? Can we bombard their email or AIGBOGUN S EMAIL with this footballers? In short who has Aigbogun s email here...? I want to start
long story
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:06pm On Sep 05, 2018
gamaliel9:

No need for that. I mean....it is not appropriate. Just post your recommendations here or on any other popular fora. Nairaland is one of most read online sites in Nigeria.

Paul Aigbogun has a media team and of course they read. wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 4:23pm On Sep 05, 2018
Icon4s:

No need for that. I mean....it is not appropriate. Just post your recommendations here or on any other popular fora. Nairaland is one of most read online sites in Nigeria.

Paul Aigbogun has a media team and of course they read. wink

They should know more than those of us here in this forum...the world has become small...how come members of this forum unearth players of these caliber...and they are not even invited or scouted...u21 is not a joke ooooo...the media should show their hand oo...otherwise i may start thinking like forgiveness here....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:30pm On Sep 05, 2018
Opponents watch;

Libya 5:1 Seychelles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN90GLC6vmA

(1) (2) (3) ... (4656) (4657) (4658) (4659) (4660) (4661) (4662) ... (16139) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10cedes, komekn(m), Philosopher1979 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.