Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,075 members, 7,835,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4660) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11780810 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4657) (4658) (4659) (4660) (4661) (4662) (4663) ... (16193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:35pm On Sep 05, 2018
gamaliel9:

They should know more than those of us here in this forum...the world has become small...how come members of this forum unearth players of these caliber...and they are not even invited or scouted...u21 is not a joke ooooo...the media should show their hand oo...otherwise i may start thinking like forgiveness here....

Aigbogun has so many foreign based players on his roaster (not just foreign born). But it is likely he prosecutes the AYC with predominantly home based players due to the unavailability of foreign based players at that time of the year.

However, the U20 WC is held at the end of the season and so we expect a lot of New blood, mostly foreign based, in the team.

We just need to scrap through the AYC first. I don't even mind if we finish 4th. Let us just be among the top 4 finishers and then you will see the real team for the WYC proper.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2018
There will be no replacements for injured Alex Iwobi, William Ekong and Ola Aina

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:10pm On Sep 05, 2018
tbaba1234:
There will be no replacements for injured Alex Iwobi, William Ekong and Ola Aina

Well, the versatility of the remaining members of the team will need to be harnessed here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoebieII: 6:37pm On Sep 05, 2018
That has been my point.
Icon4s:

I am not saying scrapping any step. Promote them to go compete at the U20. If they have the exceptional abilities they will still excel. No automatic shirts.

U17 is the baseline but we should not sleep on that and keep promoting players to Super Eagles based on U17 Performances. They need to prove their worth also at U20.

For us to have regular supplies of players for the Super Eagles we need to take the U20 more seriously. That is my point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoebieII: 6:47pm On Sep 05, 2018
READ | Ajayi joins up with Super Eagles squad
2 Hours ago

Semi Ajayi talks to www.themillers.co.uk...

Rotherham United defender Semi Ajayi has joined up with his Nigeria teammates ahead of their 2019 AFCON Qualifier fixture against Seychelles.

The 24-year-old, who received his first call-up to the Super Eagles squad recently, joined UK based teammates on a flight out to Seychelles, where they will play on Saturday 8th September.

With a long day of travelling behind them, the players spent the majority of the first day recuperating ahead of the weekend’s match before a training session today and Ajayi says he is enjoying life with his national team.

“Day One was mainly a recovery day from all of the travelling, but it has already been a really good experience so far,” he told www.themillers.co.uk.

“We went out and stretched our legs with a light stroll and some head tennis on the beach.

“After that it was a case of going back for a gym session which mainly consisted of stretching.

“Today we trained in the morning and again, went back in the afternoon for some more work in the gym.”

Ajayi has represented Nigeria at youth level but could make his senior debut as the Super Eagles take on Seychelles this weekend and the former Arsenal trainee is relishing the prospect of being involved.

“I’m just delighted to be out here because it’s such an honour to be called-up to represent your country,” he continued.

“It will be a different experience and one that can only make me better as a player, so I’m already looking forward to the weekend.

“I think we’ll step up preparations in training again tomorrow and then it will be match preparation on Friday, so hopefully I can impress and be involved in the game."

--TheMillers

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoebieII: 6:52pm On Sep 05, 2018
CD Primeiro De Agosto Emerge Angolan Premier League Winner
By Editor - September 3, 20180104

CD Primeiro De Agosto who boast three Nigerians Rasak Adegbite, Yinka Anifowoshe, Ibukun Akinfewa on their pay roll have been crowned the 2018 Angolan League Champions.

Rasak Adegbite who spoke exclusively to www.footballive.ng immediately after the match said, “We are in a jubilation mood now as it feels quite good winning the Angolan League especially as it only my first season in the club and I give all glory to God.”

Describing the final match that won the team the title, he said, “It was a difficult match but at the end of the day we gave a good fight and we emerged victorious in front of our fans which called for celebration because we had worked so hard from the beginning of the season.”

The former Rangers International Star went on to say his fervent prayer is to see the Angolan do a double by winning the CAF Champions League in addition to the already conquered league after they made it to the quarterfinals of the competition.

He however mentioned that he and his teammates would be taking the competition step by step starting with the quarterfinals as they are very determined to win a double in 2018.

Rasak Adegbite concluded by dedicating the Angolan Premier League Win to God while also giving glory to God for the won race.

--FootballLIVEng

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:56pm On Sep 05, 2018
Niger played another Goalless draw today.

Nig 0:0 Ghana.

Ghana and Togo just need to play a 1-1 draw or any other score draw and they both qualify. Their fair play record will determine who tops the group in that case.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:02pm On Sep 05, 2018
gamaliel9:

They should know more than those of us here in this forum...the world has become small...how come members of this forum unearth players of these caliber...and they are not even invited or scouted...u21 is not a joke ooooo...the media should show their hand oo...otherwise i may start thinking like forgiveness here....

Inviting a FB player costs more than inviting a local player

I don't need to say more
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 7:30pm On Sep 05, 2018
krattoss:
one thing I ve learned in life is "nothing is guaranteed .

If them no win, na their matter.. The only responsibility I have to them is to watch them if am less busy..

I think these guys re used to failure..

Lol!!!

Anytime, I see your sig, it's always Jacob Banks' throaty raspy voice sending chills over my brain.

That young man is doing very well for himself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:43pm On Sep 05, 2018
Icon4s:

Well, the versatility of the remaining members of the team will need to be harnessed here.

That would mean Omeruo at right back.. Awazeim and Balogun at CB

A 4-4-1-1 might just b what we need..

GK- Uzoho

RB- Omeruo
LB- Idowu
CB- Balogun
CB- Awazeim

DM- Ndidi
CM- Etebo

LW - Onyekuru
RW- Kalu

SS- Iheanacho

CF- Musa/Simmy/Ighalo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:46pm On Sep 05, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Please don't expect miracles. He is based in England so he could even treck to see some of his targets there. I am not sure the NFF is backing him, he just happens to be in a good position to poach some players.

Na WA for this coach ooo but it seems the coach himself is foreign born himself. Hope he quickly invite those boys before it is too late.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:49pm On Sep 05, 2018
Just saw photos of d team training..
Mehn, agege stadium pitch is better than the one I saw oo..

It's really gonna affect the players. they aren't used to playing on artificial pitch and they would b careful not to get injured
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel27: 8:01pm On Sep 05, 2018
By the way
Can somebody give me a single reason why Rohr won't replace Onazi with Philip Billing?

Just one reason.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:03pm On Sep 05, 2018
because onazi was good years back grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Curtisaxel27:
By the way
Can somebody give me a single reason why Rohr won't replace Onazi with Philip Billing?

Just one reason.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:03pm On Sep 05, 2018
andrew444:

I doubt say him go see this players

He go rather call over age men from NPFL

grin grin make en no try am ooooo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:09pm On Sep 05, 2018
Danielnino00:

GK- Uzoho

RB- Omeruo
LB- Idowu
CB- Balogun
CB- Awazeim

DM- Ndidi
CM- Etebo

LW - Onyekuru
RW- Kalu

SS- Iheanacho

CF- Musa/Simmy/Ighalo

That is the beauty of this team. The versatility.

Firstly, it is NOT LIKELY that both Onyekuru and Kalu will start.
With the absence of key players Rohr may want to go for 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.

I am looking at a 4-3-3 with a front line that look like:

..............Ighalo(CF)
Musa(LWF)..............Iheanacho(RWF)
................Etebo(AM)

But if we go for a 4-4-2 we may have:

..........Ighalo(CF)
..................Iheanacho/Musa(SS)
Onyekuru/Kalu(LW)...........Musa/Iheanacho(RW)

.....................Etebo(CM)

The first selection will ensure we have 3 core midfielders: Etebor, Ndidi, Ogu/Onazi/Joel

But the 2nd formation means we'll have just 2 Core midfielders.

If I am in a position to chose I wold rather go for the first option of 4-3-3. This will ensure more control at the centre and also ensure we have 3 forwards attacking the opposition. Kalu and Onyekuru may be second half subs. I would love to see Rohr introduce Onyekuru in either the CF or SS position. Remember we also have Simmy. The score-line and dynamics of the game will determine the substitutions to make.

Finally, i totally agree with your back line.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:12pm On Sep 05, 2018
gamaliel9:

Strong inclusions....Is there a way or a link to send these names to NFF in case they are in the dark? Can we bombard their email or AIGBOGUN S EMAIL with this footballers? In short who has Aigbogun s email here...? I want to start

For where? I don't have any link to NFF or Aigbogun, that is why I placed it here believing they are viewing this thread as we were told.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:14pm On Sep 05, 2018
tbaba1234:

It seems the national team is not open to all Nigerians because in a normal society they should be replaced.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 8:32pm On Sep 05, 2018
Curtisaxel27:
By the way

Just one reason.

We have not acquired Phillip Billing bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:39pm On Sep 05, 2018
Danielnino00:

GK- Uzoho

RB- Omeruo
LB- Idowu
CB- Balogun
CB- Awazeim

DM- Ndidi
CM- Etebo

LW - Onyekuru
RW- Kalu

SS- Iheanacho

CF- Musa/Simmy/Ighalo

I think Idowu will play right back and collins will play left back.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 8:40pm On Sep 05, 2018
forgiveness:

It seems the national team is not open to all Nigerians because in a normal society they should be replaced.

So that we can fault the quality of the replacements and shout tribalism and bribery at work Abi?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 8:41pm On Sep 05, 2018
tbaba1234:

I think Idowu will play right back and collins will play left back.

That would be nice
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:07pm On Sep 05, 2018
forgiveness:

why make people spend transport to come and chop bench when suitable replacements are available?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:07pm On Sep 05, 2018
Clementoke:

So that we can fault the quality of the replacements and shout tribalism and bribery at work Abi?

You mean there are no quality replacement for those three players?

Just one right back, one center back and one RW/ATM are what you say we can't replace with quality players. Says who?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:25pm On Sep 05, 2018
With Iwobi and Mikel out, I wouldn't be surprised if Nwakali starts.
Knowing conservative Rohr, it wouldn't surprise me if he plays a 4-2-3-1 with Ndidi - Onazi as the pivot and Etebo as a 10.
The only thing close to adventurous Rohr will try is Ndidi - Etebo as pivots with Nacho as a 10.
Kalu and Musa will play out wide(don't think Rohr will start both Onyekuru and Musa together) with everyone's favorite striker Ighalo as 9.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 9:35pm On Sep 05, 2018
edi287:
Knowing conservative Rohr, it wouldn't surprise me if he plays a 4-2-3-1 with Ndidi - Onazi as the pivot and Etebo as a 10.
The only thing close to adventurous Rohr will try is Ndidi - Etebo as pivots with Nacho as a 10.
Kalu and Musa will play out wide(don't think Rohr will start both Onyekuru and Musa together) with everyone's favorite striker Ighalo as 9.

Spot on

I repeat, spot on
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:59pm On Sep 05, 2018
edi287:

Good game for Ighalo to get a few goals.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:20pm On Sep 05, 2018
Sarenren Bazee back to training

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:41pm On Sep 05, 2018
Joebie:
I was working on something similar sometime ago. I can supply u with those. Let me know when ur done with ur exams.

Oh. okay. tag team on the way sha. I'll hala you. Gracias.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bengine: 10:42pm On Sep 05, 2018
tbaba1234:

Give it a couple of more days and he is back to being injured again!!! �..it seems that guys body is made of glass or ceramic!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bengine: 10:42pm On Sep 05, 2018
tbaba1234:

Give it a couple of more days and he is back to being injured again!!! grin..it seems that guys body is made of glass or ceramic!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:49pm On Sep 05, 2018
tbaba1234:
This is one injury no dey finish?

(1) (2) (3) ... (4657) (4658) (4659) (4660) (4661) (4662) (4663) ... (16193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jieta, KpagoGIN(m), jargooflife912(m), elyte89, Philosopher1979, comodo and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.