Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,388 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4667) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11692631 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4664) (4665) (4666) (4667) (4668) (4669) (4670) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rainbow333(m): 12:06pm On Sep 07, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RV2ODMsR_8
Don't joke with a warri guy watch this video to find out why I said so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:23pm On Sep 07, 2018
Icon4s:

Chairman, are you going to be stuck in this complain, and line of discussion for ever?
The did is done, the team has been selected already so lets move forward and discuss tomorrow's game abeg.
some people are perpetual wailers here. Unless the Super Eagles is filled with the Three Lions F team, dem no go rest

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:28pm On Sep 07, 2018

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 12:34pm On Sep 07, 2018
komekn:

A Leopard doesn't change its spots. My response was factual and objective. But your so blinded by negative presumption your unable to rationalise a response. I could mention that he was injured from March 2018 and didnt play all season but of course that would be too easy.

I actually think he didn't perfom to the requirements of a Mick McCarthey football style, that is the definitive kick and rush football. He needed to adapt his football and forget about ball on the deck football which Mick simply doesn't play.

Below at the end a quote from Dominic Iorfa Snr. That was published in the Nigerian media in March 2017. But these complaints started in late 2016 and the commitment made to Nigeria was in summer of 2016.

This was the year 216 when Crystal Palace & West Ham expressed interested in him and Wolves blocked it. That commitment to Nigeria actually worked again him not for him the idea he us using the SE to bolster his career his baseless.

This was the same similar position Yobo was in at Everton after he decided to go to AFCON.

Former Nigerian striker Dominic Iorfa has said that his son, Iorfa Jnr, must play for the Super Eagles as long he’s alive.

The ex-BBC Lions of Gboko forward said Paul Lambert, the manager of his son’s club, has denied him regular playing time since he expressed his willingness to play for Nigeria over England, his country of birth.

Of late, Eagles technical adviser, Gernot Rohr, has been meeting with many young Nigerian players in top European teams who are yet to be capped at all international levels by the countries of their birth.

One of the players he recently met with was Dominic Iorfa Jnr.

Iorfa said the Wolverhampton Wanderers manager no longer sees the need to develop his son since he intends to play for Nigeria.

“You know Rohr came to Wolves recently and met with my son (Dominic Jr) and Carl Ikeme (Wolverhampton’s first choice keeper),” Iorfa Snr said.

“Since he learned that my boy wants to play for Nigeria, he has been benching him. He believes there is no need developing him for Nigeria.

“I have said it that my son must play for Nigeria. Just that I want him to play for Nigeria when he is 23. But as long as I am alive, he must play for Nigeria. No be me born am?”

https://www.thecable.ng/dominic-iorfa-long-im-alive-son-must-play-super-eagles

And for those comparing Dominic to Osimhen and Isaac Success there is none. Totally different set of circumstances. Highly misguided but birthed out of negative prejudice.
concerning the words in bold, some people sometimes last year were using thin in defense of Iheanacho but your response then wasn't as mild as this

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:34pm On Sep 07, 2018
komekn:

What I find on this forum which is not in the least bit surprising. Is the intentional delusion as it concerns our inherent nature and attitudes.

In Nigeria, " where man deh work, ee go chop" Rohr has been in Africa for a decade. He understands how we do things and is turning a blind eye to it. As they say silence is consent. That's why people like Glenn Hoddle can not be contracted to the NFF.

Do you now think that all of a sudden NFF officials have now on the arrival of Rohr, decided to adopt integrity, honesty and become TOTALLY SELF- LESS in pursuing national interest. The idea is you can do both. Salisu is a classic example, has anything happened ❓ Any other place him being caught would have started an immediate investigation into the whole activities of the NFF.

Rohr will be influenced and he will not take decisions entirely on his own without consultation. He may be hoodwinked too. But can he bite the hands that feed him, I doubt it.

The scouting team is not inept they have thier own agenda, which only they can see. Or we have decided not too see.

I'm so gutted at myself for breaking a promise I made to myself for never quoting any of your rants whenever a list is released.

Don't you ever get tired of saying one thing over and over again? Are you the only one whose favorite players are shut out of the National Team?

I don't think anyone of us here drew up that list for Rohr and forced him to accept it, then why kill us with unending noise about corruption bla bla bla as if we have the capacity to investigate and prosecute the NFF.

If you don't have the balls to go on more brazen with your accusations save us the stress of having to read through your long epistles that I don't even bother to read anyways.

Thanks!

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:40pm On Sep 07, 2018
Humility017:

that's a plus....
dude can still give 4-5 years.

Yeah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:00pm On Sep 07, 2018
junnyjake:

I'm so gutted at myself for breaking a promise I made to myself for never quoting any of your rants whenever a list is released.

Don't you ever get tired of saying one thing over and over again? Are you the only one whose favorite players are shut out of the National Team?

I don't think anyone of us here drew up that list for Rohr and forced him to accept it, then why kill us with unending noise about corruption bla bla bla as if we have the capacity to investigate and prosecute the NFF.

If you don't have the balls to go on more brazen with your accusations save us the stress of having to read through your long epistles that I don't even bother to read anyways.

Thanks!
like.....he and his bestie are always disturbing us as if we are Rohr and NFF

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:34pm On Sep 07, 2018
kingphilip:
concerning the words in bold, some people sometimes last year were using thin in defense of Iheanacho but your response then wasn't as mild as this

U dey mind him? He could write u a 5 page essay just to defend his innit boys but when it comes to our own home grown players, you hear words like "waste man", " not good enough "

Sometimes,I really wonder what his interest in the super eagles is...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 1:41pm On Sep 07, 2018
safarigirl:
like.....he and his bestie are always disturbing us as if we are Rohr and NFF

The thing self don tire me.

I hardly read any of his posts these days, he hardly says anything I've not already heard.

If no be "sentimental prejudice na "Falz 'this is Nigeria him go de disturb person with.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:46pm On Sep 07, 2018
Omo, I am really surprised (shocked actually) to see you post this thread. But you dismissed it when I argued with you last season that part of Kelechi Iheanacho's problems with breaking into Leicester City's starting 11 is due to the fact that he's competing against English internationals like Jamie Vardy and Demarai Gray. So how can you make the same argument about Dominic Iorfa when you dismissed it in the case of Kelechi

Na wao for una shocked

O pari

komekn:

A Leopard doesn't change its spots. My response was factual and objective. But your so blinded by negative presumption your unable to rationalise a response. I could mention that he was injured from March 2018 and didnt play all season but of course that would be too easy.

I actually think he didn't perfom to the requirements of a Mick McCarthey football style, that is the definitive kick and rush football. He needed to adapt his football and forget about ball on the deck football which Mick simply doesn't play.

Below at the end a quote from Dominic Iorfa Snr. That was published in the Nigerian media in March 2017. But these complaints started in late 2016 and the commitment made to Nigeria was in summer of 2016.

This was the year 216 when Crystal Palace & West Ham expressed interested in him and Wolves blocked it. That commitment to Nigeria actually worked again him not for him the idea he us using the SE to bolster his career his baseless.

This was the same similar position Yobo was in at Everton after he decided to go to AFCON.

Former Nigerian striker Dominic Iorfa has said that his son, Iorfa Jnr, must play for the Super Eagles as long he’s alive.

The ex-BBC Lions of Gboko forward said Paul Lambert, the manager of his son’s club, has denied him regular playing time since he expressed his willingness to play for Nigeria over England, his country of birth.

Of late, Eagles technical adviser, Gernot Rohr, has been meeting with many young Nigerian players in top European teams who are yet to be capped at all international levels by the countries of their birth.

One of the players he recently met with was Dominic Iorfa Jnr.

Iorfa said the Wolverhampton Wanderers manager no longer sees the need to develop his son since he intends to play for Nigeria.

“You know Rohr came to Wolves recently and met with my son (Dominic Jr) and Carl Ikeme (Wolverhampton’s first choice keeper),” Iorfa Snr said.

“Since he learned that my boy wants to play for Nigeria, he has been benching him. He believes there is no need developing him for Nigeria.

“I have said it that my son must play for Nigeria. Just that I want him to play for Nigeria when he is 23. But as long as I am alive, he must play for Nigeria. No be me born am?”

https://www.thecable.ng/dominic-iorfa-long-im-alive-son-must-play-super-eagles

And for those comparing Dominic to Osimhen and Isaac Success there is none. Totally different set of circumstances. Highly misguided but birthed out of negative prejudice.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:49pm On Sep 07, 2018
junnyjake:

Thanks!
gbam
EOD
shikena!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 3:04pm On Sep 07, 2018
Marvin Olawale Akinlabi Park: Real Madrid unveil Nigerian-born attacking midfielder for their youth team

Marvin Olawale Akinlabi can feature for Real Madrid in the UEFA Champions League after his unveiling as a second team player.

Spanish La Liga giants Real Madrid have unveiled Nigerian born attacking midfielder Marvin Olawale Akinlabi Park as part of their youth set-up.
Marvin Olawale 18-years-old and was given birth to on March 7, 2000, in Palma de Mallorca in Spain.

His two surnames Akinlabi and Park come from his parents, his father a Nigerian while his mother is South Korean.

A statement on the Real Madrid website confirms his inclusion in the Real Madrid youth set up.

It reads, “An attacking-minded midfielder who is a danger when he joins the attack, his ability in one-on-one situations also makes him a threat.

“He took his first steps in the game in his native Balearic Islands and possesses a very direct style, which fully exploits his pace and power. He also has fine ability with both feet.”

Before he moved to the famed Real Madrid Castilla in 2016, Marvin had his development at various clubs sides such as Sporting Ciudad de Palma, Tranmere Rovers, Sporting Ciudad de Palma, La Salle, and Es Jonquet Penya Arrabal.

Still, in his formative years as a professional footballer, Marvin is eligible to play for three countries.

Nigeria through his father, South Korea through his mother and Spain where he was born.

Based on the potential of Marvin, the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) led by Amaju Pinnick will aim to integrate him to the national team as they have done for youngsters born abroad.

However, they should expect to face stiff competition from the Royal Spanish Football Federation and Korea Football Association who will want a talent such as Marvin in their ranks.

Marvin was not named in Real Madrid squad for their 2018/19 UEFA Champions League campaign but is expected to partake in the UEFA Youth League.

https://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/marvin-olawale-akinlabi-park-unveiled-in-real-madrid-youth-id8823335.html

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cafcup(m): 3:35pm On Sep 07, 2018
Henry Onyekuru

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:38pm On Sep 07, 2018
forgiveness:

So, this is the mindset you're talking about. Let me remind you that ever before he became U17 coach or ever he released his U17 team list, I had already spoken against his corruption.

I was vindicated when he turned Muhammad Ali and fought dirty because of em share of money from Kelechi iheanacho transfer move as a sole agent.

I already knew him and his attitude from his days in the National team. So, your talk no be the reason though I also suspect he is that kind of person. EOD

For those who thought I was lying against him, he just came out to nail it at the bolded

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 3:42pm On Sep 07, 2018
cafcup:
Henry Onyekuru
give us another picture joor

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2018
ChrisKels:

For those who thought I was lying against him, he just came out to nail it at the bolded
guy are you on cybereagles?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cafcup(m): 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2018
maidaboi:
give us another picture joor

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 3:50pm On Sep 07, 2018
[quote author=cafcup post=70990031][/quote]
God will judge Onyekuru. He thinks what he's doing to these defenders is good...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cafcup(m): 3:56pm On Sep 07, 2018
edi287:

God will judge Onyekuru. He thinks what he's doing to these defenders is good...

I just can't help but laugh really hard whenever this picture comes to mind.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:06pm On Sep 07, 2018
Camp is dull without Alex Iwobi. No goofy dancing, no snap chatting, no nothing.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:14pm On Sep 07, 2018
ChrisKels:

A swine is swine no matter how he watches itself in clean water. That was my view of him before he became coach. That's he is corrupt.

That wan wey I wrote last na to sweet your belle because na wetin you wan hear be that. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:20pm On Sep 07, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
Camp is dull without Alex Iwobi. No goofy dancing, no snap chatting, no nothing.

Better if you ask me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:40pm On Sep 07, 2018
maidaboi:
guy are you on cybereagles?
Yes bro. Any problems? Am I wanted by the authorities? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 4:41pm On Sep 07, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Good den...total concentration

Meanwhile now DT onyekuru pic where he dribbled a player is now trending, I hope he won't fumbles tmao,and his fans will now start using d pic as a reference grin grin y he shld still get further call ups undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 4:49pm On Sep 07, 2018
komekn:

My first gut feeling is that he is not good enough but that's too simplistic, although that's what you would like to hear. So I will go deeper essentially because I know Wolves.

There are two main issues and they are not entirely all about football.

Since Nuno the new Portuguese manager came in with the under pinning of the super agent Mendes. There have been multiple complaints about the unofficial ownership of Wolves by Mendes.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/premier-league-to-scrutinise-wolves-link-with-jorge-mendes-1.3464960

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5991217/How-Wolves-Portuguese-players-Porto.html

http://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news-wolves-are-slowly-turning-into-the-portugal-national-side-20180724

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/17/wolves-link-jorge-mendes-agent-premier-league-scrutiny

If you know anything about the business of football you will be able to understand the business model at work.

Essentially mist of the English players were frozen out of Wolves. They had to make way for better Portuguese players to come. Unfortunately there is a lot of argument about if they are better or not. But that's an argument with no end. One thing is clear Mendes is laughing all the way to the bank.

It's somewhat baffling Iorfa was winning MOTM awards as a teenager for Wolves. And was supposed to be thier star player come up from the youth ranks. It has been so bad they were not even allowed to train with the first team not even the U23. That's unprecedented in English football.

So why is he not playing first because he is not Portuguese and signed to Mendes. Then secondly there are other players possibly better than him.

Would Wolves be in the EPL without Mendes and all the millions invested probably not.

But my comparison is not with the experienced Portuguese international players in Wolves. But the players he is being passed over for in the SE.

That's the more pertinent question ❓

The media clips for those who may think I am making this all up.

Considering the football cloak and dagger politics going on at Wolves. It's very difficult to get a clear picture why he is not even on the bench. Admittedly he is in the main squad for the season. Will he play possibly in the cup games or if someone gets injured.

Otherwise he knows he's not wanted at Wolves by Mendes and his Manager Nuno.

See? This right here is why no one should take you serious. How very convenient?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:50pm On Sep 07, 2018
European giants already hovering around the Eaglets to seal precontract agreements before the guys display their wares in the world cup proper.

My advice is that they stay away from any English club, despite the pay. Those clubs with their so called red tape rule, ruin African talents. Places like France, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Portugal are better terrains to harness talents. I repeat, do away with anything England for ur own good.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 5:03pm On Sep 07, 2018
Icon79:
Omo, I am really surprised (shocked actually) to see you post this thread. But when I argued last season that part of Kelechi Iheanacho's problems with breaking into Leicester City's starting 11 is due to the fact that he's competing against English internationals like Jamie Vardy and Demarai Gray. So how can you make the same argument about Dominic Iorfa when you dismissed it on the case of Kelechi

Na wao for una shocked

O pari

He go still find explanation give am. Hosea 4:17.... A totally english lost cause
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:37pm On Sep 07, 2018
Pls remove germany and portugal from ur list. Especiallt germany. After what hapen to OBASI. CHRISANTUS. And now OSIMHEN. I wont want any of our youths teamers to go their for development

ChrisKels:
European giants already hovering around the Eaglets to seal precontract agreements before the guys display their wares in the world cup proper.

My advice is that they stay away from any English club, despite the pay. Those clubs with their so called red tape rule, ruin African talents. Places like France, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Portugal are better terrains to harness talents. I repeat, do away with anything England for ur own good.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:39pm On Sep 07, 2018
do4luv14:
Pls remove germany and portugal from ur list. Especiallt germany. After what hapen to OBASI. CHRISANTUS. And now OSIMHEN. I wont want any of our youths teamers to go their for development

I concur.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:41pm On Sep 07, 2018
With his ever grammarian line of " current continous performance" chaiii that guy no be hia atall atall

kennysville:

He go still find explanation give am. Hosea 4:17.... A totally english lost cause
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:02pm On Sep 07, 2018
forgiveness:

So, this is the mindset you're talking about. Let me remind you that ever before he became U17 coach or ever he released his U17 team list, I had already spoken against his corruption.

I was vindicated when he turned Muhammad Ali and fought dirty because of em share of money from Kelechi iheanacho transfer move as a sole agent.

I already knew him and his attitude from his days in the National team. So, your talk no be the reason though I also suspect he is that kind of person. EOD

What about Amunike's vindication of the agent actually screwing Iheanacho in the long run? Amunike was standing up for the young man. We all know about Osimhen staying with him, don't you think he would have become the boy's agent if he wanted? Statements like this are responsible for poverty because u are bashing a man who actually wants to help these children and in turn you hurt the children.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:03pm On Sep 07, 2018
It’s only a question. Lol

Chrismario:

You're lying, pretending you don't know the answer but continue cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (4664) (4665) (4666) (4667) (4668) (4669) (4670) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes, humility33(m), Macaranta23 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.