Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4669) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11698316 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4666) (4667) (4668) (4669) (4670) (4671) (4672) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:44pm On Sep 07, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

I personally think Iniaki is as good as Dembele. You make small sense on this one grin

Inaki is not as good as dembele
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 8:45pm On Sep 07, 2018
Clementoke:
On the Golden Eaglets.......
Just my thoughts......

Many are praising Manu Garba because the golden eaglets are almost thru. I wonder if we hailed him when he failed to qualify for the last edition.

Success indeed has a thousand fathers
grin grin grin grin grin
Those who have long been following the man pre 2013 success at the cadets level have never questioned his ability to deliver.

On his failure to qualify us for the last edition which also came at the backdrop of our inability to qualify for the U-20s world cup a side led by Amuneke, We all knew those failures were as a result of poor planning and less support by the federation. That led to the boys boycotting training on both Occasions prior to crunch encounters. If I can remember vividly, most folks here blamed the two coaches(who worked together alongside Ugbade with the 2013 sets) for not managing the situation well and not the other way round as you want us to believe.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:46pm On Sep 07, 2018
forgiveness:

You mean mulatto like Js Park, David Alaba, etc are not talented and can't break into Spanish national team if they are Spanish? undecided dey deceive yourself.

Agree with you,David Alaba is good enough to break into the Spanish team.

Average players like arbeloa made the Spanish then why will world class Alaba not make the team ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:47pm On Sep 07, 2018
I’ve always said on this thread that Manu is the best man for the job and we shouldn’t change what is working. We all know why we missed out in the previous edition

Clementoke:
Just my thoughts......

Many are praising Manu Garba because the golden eaglets are almost thru. I wonder if we hailed him when he failed to qualify for the last edition.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:49pm On Sep 07, 2018
Clementoke:
Just my thoughts......

grin grin grin grin grin

Manu Garba has always had the eye for talent and plays an attractive style of football.

I think, you will see many people who supported retaining Manu in the under 17 after the last ouster.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 9:00pm On Sep 07, 2018
tbaba1234:

Manu Garba has always had the eye for talent and plays an attractive style of football.

I think, you will see many people who supported retaining Manu in the under 17 after the last ouster.
I can even remember (not on this thread) there was an argument comparing the attractiveness and sleekness in which his side played with the previous sets and the Elders who watched/followed the maiden editions had to vehemently deny that his was the best*smiles* They did agree he dishes beautiful football but Nigeria has had more better sides.

I think it was on previous age grade threads.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:02pm On Sep 07, 2018
kingphilip:
concerning the words in bold, some people sometimes last year were using thin in defense of Iheanacho but your response then wasn't as mild as this
Hhehehehhehe. I no go talk. cos my cylinders are still prepping to get fire.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:14pm On Sep 07, 2018
andrew444:

Inaki is not as good as dembele

because Dembele has achieved what? I would take Iniaki as of now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:19pm On Sep 07, 2018
So the Seychelles players are amateurs who have full time work outside football.

We better beat them properly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:55pm On Sep 07, 2018
This one no be Iceland o. grin
Seychelles get pro league sef?

tbaba1234:
So the Seychelles players are amateurs who have full time work outside football.

We better beat them properly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:58pm On Sep 07, 2018
We can beat Seychelles home and away. We can beat Libya home and away. I see no reason why we can’t beat SA away. If we qualify as runner up na shame.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:08pm On Sep 07, 2018
Good stuff. But how about a Higher Institution League?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 10:12pm On Sep 07, 2018
Joebie:
We can beat Seychelles home and away. We can beat Libya home and away. I see no reason why we can’t beat SA away. If we qualify as runner up na shame.

Make we qualify first.
Even if na back door, make we qualify first. We haven't been since we won.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:36pm On Sep 07, 2018
Joebie:
Good stuff. But how about a Higher Institution League?

That's the league na.. Its in the knockout stage ..
Save for the fact that most of the universities don't have standard mini stadia for the games, the competition is better organised than the NPFL with lot of sponsors
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:10pm On Sep 07, 2018
ChrisKels:

Yes bro. Any problems? Am I wanted by the authorities? grin
i see a moniker there with your mindset
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:26pm On Sep 07, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

because Dembele has achieved what? I would take Iniaki as of now

Made the bundesliga team of the season

Help Dortmund win the German cup against Bayern at age 20,one of the highest highest assist in bundesliga the season before he left for Barcelona,and he cost 105 million euros.

The only young player better than dembele in world football is kylian Mbappe

Who is inaki Williams? Not a bad player,he will not make the Spanish team,he should go and play for Liberia or Ghana

Inaki Williams is 24 years and has no trophy and dembele is only 21,so please compare

Even if inaki Williams is French he won't make the French team bench

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:43pm On Sep 07, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
Camp is dull without Alex Iwobi. No goofy dancing, no snap chatting, no nothing.

Abi they have learnt their lesson from Russia.

grin cheesy

That social media doesn't win matches.

It's better for them bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:45pm On Sep 07, 2018
elyte89:

Good den...total concentration

Meanwhile now DT onyekuru pic where he dribbled a player is now trending, I hope he won't fumbles tmao,and his fans will now start using d pic as a reference grin grin y he shld still get further call ups undecided

A video would've been better bro.

I have a feeling that that picture didn't tell the full story and we are jumping to conclusions. I just hope this guy doesn't turn into another hopeless hype-job

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:46pm On Sep 07, 2018
do4luv14:
Pls remove germany and portugal from ur list. Especiallt germany. After what hapen to OBASI. CHRISANTUS. And now OSIMHEN. I wont want any of our youths teamers to go their for development

I think his already advanced age did him in bro

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 11:47pm On Sep 07, 2018
forgiveness:

Rohr Makes Up His Mind On Starting XI: Awaziem, Omeruo, Onazi Start; Kalu Full Debut; Nwakali On The Bench

Published: September 07, 2018

Rohr Makes Up His Mind On Starting XI: Awaziem, Omeruo, Onazi Start; Kalu Full Debut; Nwakali On The Bench
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr has made up his mind on the eleven players that will take to the Stade Linité (Roche Caïman) turf in Saturday afternoon's 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Seychelles.

The German football tactician has made some interesting decisions, one of which is opting to hand new Elche CF signing Francis Uzoho his ninth consecutive start despite his inactivity for his Spanish clubs since the start of the season.

That means Chippa United netminder Daniel Akpeyi has a place on the bench even though he impressed in the Super Eagles training sessions leading up to the game.

Another inactive player, Chidozie Awaziem starts in the right back position, Lokomotiv Moscow's Brian Idowu keeps his place at left-back, while Chelsea loanee Kenneth Omeruo and Leon Balogun start in central defense.

The midfield contains Kelechi Iheanacho and his Leicester City teammate Wilfred Ndidi as well as Eddy Onazi, meaning Arsenal loanee Kelechi Nwakali would make his debut off the bench if he is handed game time.

In-form Changchun Yatai star Odion Ighalo will lead the charge for goals and he'll be supported by Samuel Kalu and Ahmed Musa.

Nigeria Starting XI vs Seychelles : Uzoho, Awaziem, Balogun, Omeruo, Idowu, Onazi, Ndidi, Kelechi Iheanacho, Musa, Ighalo, Kalu

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=29183

Why not Onyekuru for Kalu?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:08am On Sep 08, 2018
Icon4s:

I even expect to see a couple of 14 years olds. But for now they cannot be more than 16 to be eligible next year.

And to the bolded, some times one wonders if the same parameters were used while this MRI was done for different countries. You recall how older the CIV 2013 team looked compared to our own boys. And recall also the Malian team that faced Amuneke's team of 2015 in the final. They were a lot thicker and more physical than our boys.

Could it be that the bones of our boys attain complete fusion earlier than those of our neighbors? Could it also be diet related? Maybe we eat food with too much calcium and carbohydrates here (fact!), which could have aided faster bones development (just thinking). undecided

Maybe those with knowledge of anatomy, in the house, can lend a helping hand here. Is there a direct relationship between type of diet and rate of bones development or precisely fusion?
cc: Michael2
cc: TheSuperNerd
cc: Confun

It's a combination of diet, exercise and genes. I don't really have an idea as to what constitutes the diet in Mali and CIV but according to studies, these countries seem to have men that are taller than the average Nigerian. You can look this up on http://www.averageheight.co/average-male-height-by-country.

Also, poor diet and malnutrition can contribute to stunted growth especially in kids in their adolescents/teenage years. It has also been discovered that Sustained sleep deficit in growing years can keep a person from reaching their growth potential.

Although not fully substantiated, many are of the opinion that foods high in starch like Rice can stunt growth in Kids. Look it up here https://ph.theasianparent.com/foods-that-stunt-growth.

Finally, and this is equally very important, Genetics play a big role. Some African tribes have historically very tall people (an average height of at least 6 ft 2). For example, the Dinka tribe of Sub-saharan Africa and the NIlote people who historically migrated from the Nile towards Tanzania and Rwanda.

I hope this helps
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:10am On Sep 08, 2018
andrew444:

Marcos Senna

Diego Costa

Exceptional talents you mentioned above. If he does not develop into that class, Spain won't bother.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 2:32am On Sep 08, 2018
darkelf:

I think his already advanced age did him in bro
Yep no question about it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 2:35am On Sep 08, 2018
solonnachi:

Why not Onyekuru for Kalu?
Rohr isn't going to start both Onyekuru and Musa. Sees both as similar(i.e wide forwards). Kalu will be there to stretch play and put in crosses while Musa makes runs in behind the opposing defence
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:36am On Sep 08, 2018
do4luv14:
Pls remove germany and portugal from ur list. Especiallt germany. After what hapen to OBASI. CHRISANTUS. And now OSIMHEN. I wont want any of our youths teamers to go their for development.

Obasi did pretty well. He was just always injured

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:38am On Sep 08, 2018
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 2:39am On Sep 08, 2018
forgiveness:

Published: September 07, 2018

Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr has made up his mind on the eleven players that will take to the Stade Linité (Roche Caïman) turf in Saturday afternoon's 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Seychelles.

The German football tactician has made some interesting decisions, one of which is opting to hand new Elche CF signing Francis Uzoho his ninth consecutive start despite his inactivity for his Spanish clubs since the start of the season.

That means Chippa United netminder Daniel Akpeyi has a place on the bench even though he impressed in the Super Eagles training sessions leading up to the game.

Another inactive player, Chidozie Awaziem starts in the right back position, Lokomotiv Moscow's Brian Idowu keeps his place at left-back, while Chelsea loanee Kenneth Omeruo and Leon Balogun start in central defense.

The midfield contains Kelechi Iheanacho and his Leicester City teammate Wilfred Ndidi as well as Eddy Onazi, meaning Arsenal loanee Kelechi Nwakali would make his debut off the bench if he is handed game time.

In-form Changchun Yatai star Odion Ighalo will lead the charge for goals and he'll be supported by Samuel Kalu and Ahmed Musa.

Nigeria Starting XI vs Seychelles : Uzoho, Awaziem, Balogun, Omeruo, Idowu, Onazi, Ndidi, Kelechi Iheanacho, Musa, Ighalo, Kalu

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=29183
Hopefully this isn't true. Playing a pivot of Onazi - Ndidi against Seychelles would be beyond disgraceful. Etebo should be starting.
Then again, it looks like a classic 4-4-2 with Nacho and Ighalo as strikers. Rohr needs to behave himself. WC should've been enough to reset his brain
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:43am On Sep 08, 2018
edi287:

Hopefully this isn't true. Playing a pivot of Onazi - Ndidi against Seychelles would be beyond disgraceful. Etebo should be starting.
Then again, it looks like a classic 4-4-2 with Nacho and Ighalo as strikers. Rohr needs to behave himself. WC should've been enough to reset his brain

This is Seychelles.. They should be fine.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 2:44am On Sep 08, 2018
tbaba1234:

This is Seychelles.. They should be fine.
It's too defensive. Etebo should be starting instead of Onazi even if it's a 3-5-2 he's playing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:52am On Sep 08, 2018
also i doubt rohr benching the new left back for idowu. a match of this nature is the best platform to test a player like jamilu collins who is new to the team
edi287:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 3:01am On Sep 08, 2018
charlesemeka85:
also i doubt rohr benching the new left back for idowu. a match of this nature is the best platform to test a player like jamilu collins who is new to the team
We all know Rohr is as conservative as they come. I mean provided he isn't playing a 3-5-2, I don't understand why he'd play Awaziem as a RB instead of Idowu and try out Jamilu at LB.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:06am On Sep 08, 2018
edi287:

We all know Rohr is as conservative as they come. I mean provided he isn't playing a 3-5-2, I don't understand why he'd play Awaziem as a RB instead of Idowu and try out Jamilu at LB.

Jamilu will start

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4666) (4667) (4668) (4669) (4670) (4671) (4672) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.